Si's Solar Salvage

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Si led the way - with Shiva trailing - laughing that she "had the hazard-lights on" to keep anybody from plowing into them from behind. In actuality, the shuttle was faster than Fool's Errand - even if it had been empty - and Si quickly left the girls (and the boys) far behind. Before they left comm-radius, he reminded Shiva that she needed to allow extra time to get the tug slowed down before coasting into the docking bay.

The flight controller at Seb's was a little dumbfounded when he called out to Si to identify himself but, of course, the salvage operator had answers for all the usual questions and was soon permitted to proceed to his personal docking-bay.

He transmitted the instructions and passcodes to the bay and eased the transport in - settling along the left wall - out of Shiva's way.

By the time the Fool's Errand landed, Seb's ship buyer was already on his way to check the shuttle over and offer Si a price. Si opened the shuttle bay on the tug and started moving the crates out of the way - so he could get the personal shuttle out for the buyer to look at as well.

"Si! You lucky dog! Where'd you find this baby at?"

Si rattled off the location - knowing full well that Seb's executives probably already knew the whole story. He'd seen the Gal-Pat cruiser, the tow-ship, and the commercial liner when he'd approached the station. Undoubtedly, word had spread about what had happened.

"I patched the hull but it'll need a refit; everything else looks brand new. Kidnappers obviously knew what they were doing. Even the breach was clean."

It took the buyer 30 minutes to go through the craft. Meanwhile, Shiva and the boys drug more and more cargo crates out and put them where Shiva knew that Si wanted them. He didn't keep a lot of resources on hand - so most of the crates were empty - but they all had places where they belonged.

"Let me run some numbers, Si, and I'll get back to you."

"Seriously, Virgil? I know you ran the numbers while you were riding down here, you scoundrel."

The buyer looked guilty when he replied, "I can give you a general number. This thing's high-end though, as you and I both know. I can get you a little more if there's a buyer waiting close by."

"That makes sense, Virg. Thanks. Hey. I picked up a small personal shuttle, too, if you wanna look."

"Sure, bud. Let's see it."

Si led the man around the Fool's Errand to the shuttle bay.

"Okay, okay," the man said, after looking it over. "Tell you what. You throw this in and I'll give you the high-end on the Fleer. If I have this thing to peddle, I can sit on the fancy job until the right buyer comes along."

"What's the range on the Fleer?" Si asked.

"1.3 to 1.5"

"Million?!"

The buyer smiled and said, "Yeah."

Si knew it was a nice ship but he hadn't expected it to be worth that much. He froze as he started running numbers in his head.

"Dude! Now you're having second thoughts? You got another buyer?"

"What's my tug worth?"

"You upgrading?"

"You tell me.." Si replied.

"You done anything to it?"

"New kitchen with a real food-fabricator. Custom computer. I'll need to transfer her over."

"Her?"

"Yes."

"That's do-able. Probably half a mil, without looking close."

"What you got to sell?"

"I have the big brother to this - and the granddaddy."

"... and?"

"Big brother is a mil-point-two; granddaddy is two mil."

"So, the two shuttles, Fool's Errand... gets me the granddaddy?"

"I'll throw in the computer transfer..."

"... and?"

"... and I'll get Seb to move you to a bigger docking-bay. Your new ship won't fit in here - at least not and give you any cargo space for storage."

Si held his hand out to the ship-buyer.

Virgil took it - and shook it.

"Let me talk to Seb and get you a new spot. We'll drop the new ship in and I'll give you a couple days to clear your shit out of the tug and move all your cargo to the new location. You might want to visit the new commodities trader and see about unloading some shit before you go having to move it all, though."

"New trader?"

"Josiah was asked to leave."

"Who's the new guy?"

"Harlan. He's been square so far. Let me know if you see something funny."

"Thanks, Virgil. I'll go talk to Harlan and see what I can unload."

"Right after you stop to see Rita?" he said, laughing.

"Right after that," Si replied, laughing as well.

"Sounds good, buddy. I'll buzz you when I have your new location. I'll get the security guys to give your ID access to your new digs and we won't shut you off here until you tell me you're clear."

Si took Virgil's hand and shook it again.

"Thanks, man!"

"Congratulations on finally landing a decent haul," Virgil told him.

"No shit!" Si responded, laughing, as the ship-buyer headed back to his hover-cart.

Once he was on his way, Si jogged over to the Fool's Errand and ducked inside of the cargo bay.

"Shiva," he called out, "I bought you a new dress, you sexy bitch!"

~~~

End of Part 1