All Comments on 'Sixes and Sevens Pt. 05'

by Alwaysraining

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
RTR10RTR10over 5 years ago

Still Team Julie.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fuck, Julie!?

And I have to say that if I were Aidan, I would not be laughing, had I found out Sam had a boyfriend. I would feel I had been fucked-over TWICE, by Julie and Sam. My life would be in the shitter for a while, believing "I sure can pick 'em!"

And as far as Caroline is concerned, wow, what a cunt! She judges who is good enough for her sister by his success, not by how good a person he is and how well he treats her sister, or if they love each other. Oh, NOW he's a good guy, now that he's successful! I can only wonder what kind of family Aidan and Kevin came from, when they are both such patsys for sluts.

HTW2HTW2over 5 years ago
Awaiting the return of Sam

The old boyfriend information was a surprise. Not sure if there’s a valid excuse for what she did but I’m still rooting for Sam.

nestorb30nestorb30over 5 years ago
OH hell no

Seriously, the Character Aidan would be a brainless fool if he reconciles with Julie. She has shown herself to be untrustworthy and feckless. Why live your life wondering not if, but when she will betray you again. Why take the chance on a terrible bet that is almost a sure loser. There would be nothing in the least bit romantic by getting back with Julie. Quite the opposite, it would show Aidan to be a fool. Some say love is blind. Perhaps. Some say love makes you stupid, Well sometimes. Yet no matter how stupid in love you may find yourself, if you have any spine and any self esteem, you would not put up with repeated betrayal.

As for Caroline, he let her off the hook much to easily and his brother Kevin needs to grow a pair of stones. Finally what is the deal with Caroline and Kevins complete support for Julie???

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Ditto.

Aiden must be mentally unwell, a pathological masochist to allow himsel to be used by his disloyal brother and Kevin's conniving slut wife, even more so if he gets entangled with the treacherous slapper Julie.

One converstion, one single meeting is all that should be neccessary to put the slut right. No entanglements. No meetings and no dates.

I can sense the rhythm of the developing story here but please don't try to force the narrative. Aiden has been drifting with events, reacting to changes. The Sam event was the only time he was even slightly proactive in leading the plot. Unless it is discovered he is some sort of borderline depressive personality, so long as he allows others to dictate his future even when he recognises their manipulation (in the case of Kevin and the bitch), or even worse allows himself to be manoeuvred into taking back the slut, the character will be sacrificing a readers empathy for a reader's contempt.

This is and has been a great story. It would be very dissappointing if the internal logic and consistancy of the believeable human reactions thus established were thrown aside simply to add pathos. One bitten, twice shy. It's a simple idiom but there is ample reason why it is still in use. A normal, rational man like Aiden seems to have precious little reason to ignore it now.

5*

AxelottoAxelottoover 5 years ago
It was going so well until

Kevin and Caroline appeared. Dropped a star with that new asshattery.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 5 years ago
The old softy

When someone has a giving nature people cannot help but take advantage of him. Especially when the lack common moral fibre.

Carroline changes her opinion of him after he becomes a successful businessman. Glad he suspected dastardly doings where she and her weak-kneed hubbie.

Keep up the good writing, am thoroughly enjoying the poor sods unlove life.

bruce22bruce22over 5 years ago
Fine Story

If he goes back to Julie then we all be very disappointed. But then tension make the story always much more interesting. That Caroline is pure poison.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlwaysraining@Alwaysraining
I live the the North West of England, where we get more than our share of rain, hence my pen-name. Before I retired, more years ago than I care to think about, I had a job which exercised my mind to the full. I never had time to write anything but text books and manuals. Si...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES