All Comments on 'Sixes and Sevens Pt. 07'

by Alwaysraining

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Anonymous

Nice twist! Story is really good so far!

BBeinhartBBeinhartover 5 years ago
Enough!

This plot is only sustained by an unbelievable amount of misunderstandings and lack of communication.

DrizdartDrizdartover 5 years ago
Nice cliff-hanger

Instead of Perils of Pauline, perhaps this is the Jeopardy of Julie?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Damn it. I just knew this was going to happen.

"Well, don't get upset, but Julie - you could have gone round and talked with her, but when she went off in a paddy because she saw Vicky in your bed, but you just left her alone. Yes, I know," she said anticipating his interruption, "she had already cheated, but..."

"...but!" BUT!!! Why oh why do writers persist with this incredibly irritating trope, the "well meaning", "friend," who gives them the most idiotic advice and stawman justifications needed to drive the plot in a unlikely direction, or push the MC to do some implausible thing no sane or rational man would.

Aidan started out a likeable bloke but now seems little more than a shallow, idiotic, two time cuck in waiting. I for one am fast losing any sympathy for such brainless fool as the one this MC seems to be portrayed as.

RAAC possibility up +35%.

This is the first chapter I'm awarding less than 5 stars.

4*

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 5 years ago
I second the nice cliffhanger

Julie’s wandering eye has got to make her stray again. I’m betting on Sam when the dust settles. Fun bit of intrigue. Thanks. I look forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
WHAT?!

I knew this would happen. After all, it's a story by alwaysraining. I have to agree with that lengthy anonymous post.

I just want to lock this guy in a room, put headphones on him, and make him listen to Cake's "I Will Survive" for several days.

I notice, sadly, that too often English male characters feel compelled to take advice from other women whose heads are barely screwed on better than the women who fucked them over.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 5 years ago
Nice story

Even though they all seem as weak as water.

I cannot understand why Sam has to look after her parents, thought they would be in their 90s. Then find out they are only in 50s. Absolutely effing weird. Why would he want to tie himself with a woman who thought he parents were more important than a partner. Sorry to see she turned up like a bad penny, but then the other slut needs to be chucked out anyway.

He really is the simmest of light bulbs.

If your writing was not so good I would not be as involved in the story and weak characters, good job.

bruce22bruce22over 5 years ago
Lovely Fast bowling

No way they are ever going to get together again after this one. So darn Unlucky!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Juvenile and sophomoric.

Whoever ends up with Aidan better know how to change diapers, his! Pathetic and moronic. Its simply gone on too long with every improbable trope being trotted out to see if it fits. You have replaced the drama and suspense with dullness and ineptitude. At this point who cares what happens with any of these characters?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlwaysraining@Alwaysraining
I live the the North West of England, where we get more than our share of rain, hence my pen-name. Before I retired, more years ago than I care to think about, I had a job which exercised my mind to the full. I never had time to write anything but text books and manuals. Si...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES