Sixes and Sevens Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

While the rest of their happy band of accountants carried on with their duties, Aidan got to work sorting out meetings, contracts and plans of action, and by mid October he was ready and had arranged meetings over two weeks, the last in October, and the first in November. The week before he was due to go, he arrived in Vicky's office.

"Vicky," he said, "I've done the ground work and made the arrangements, but the more I think about it, the more I think you need to be the one to go. You're much better at these sort of things than I am, you know you are."

"Aidan, it's the last week in October, first in November - ring any bells? Beginning to get busy? Hmm?"

Secretly she felt intimidated by the sheer number of the concerns who seemed interested.

"Let's look at the outstanding stuff that needs to be done," Aidan suggested. "See whether it can be managed."

"I don't want to do it on my own," said Vicky, "if I'm to go, you come with me."

They surveyed the outstanding customers who were always on the last minute with their returns and payments, and found the situation was tolerable.

"In any case," said Vicky, "Tony is the best in the office for harassing clients. If we put in Saturday morning, we can leave them to steer the ship themselves. It'll be good for them. "The hotel's booked from Sunday night?"

Aidan nodded. "I'll need to book another room," he said, and did so.

They worked late on Friday and then again Saturday morning. In the afternoon, Julie turned up at the flat.

"Been busy?" she asked, superfluously, since Aidan had put her off the previous day.

"You could say that," Aidan laughed, "We're spending two weeks in London from tomorrow. More business for the practice. We're going to have to expand again, more staff. We've got some spare space here, but I'm not sure if it'll be enough."

Julie was thoughtful at that. She now knew exactly how successful Aidan was and how wealthy he was becoming. She now appreciated how efficient a team Aidan and Vicky were. She berated herself for her stupidity the year before.

Julie and Aidan went out for a meal on Saturday evening, and returned to the flat and to bed. There were no acrobatics or marathon copulations, for Aidan had to leave the next day, and needed to pack in the morning. They kissed and nuzzled as they came down from their respective orgasms, and fell asleep.

Next morning was busy, as Julie made breakfast and later coffee while Aidan packed and checked his stationery and the information on his laptop. They were drinking their coffee when Julie made a suggestion.

"How about I stay here and look after the place for you while you're away? My place is being rewired from tomorrow, and I'm staying with Kevin and Caroline at the moment. It'll be finished before you get back."

Alarm bells started ringing in Aidan's head. Was this a ploy to get herself settled in his flat again? It was a replay of the time they got together after Xavier, though that was without rewiring.

She saw his face and hastened to correct what she knew he was thinking.

"No, darling," she said. "I'm not thinking of moving in. It's not a trick. I'll be more comfortable here and you get a house sitter. I'll move out when you get back."

Aidan was still not comfortable with her suggestion, but had no time to think things through. He gave her his second set of keys, which were the ones she had before she left.

"Thanks Julie," he said, "two weeks, ok?"

"Believe me Aidan, two weeks and only two."

The taxi containing Vicky arrived, and Aidan kissed Julie goodbye who waved from the doorway of the block, and waving back, he boarded the vehicle.

Vicky eyed him with surprise bordering on amazement.

"You two...?" she began.

"No," he said. "She's looking after the place while I'm away. She's having her place rewired."

"Oh, yes," Vicky said, "I remember now; she mentioned it last Wednesday."

--

Ok, Julie thought with some satisfaction as the taxi disappeared from view, I wasn't being completely honest, but hey, all's fair in love and war. And this is love. I know he loves me, and we're getting closer week by week.

If you'd asked her if she was in love with Aidan, she would have truthfully answered yes. She did love him, and in reality knew she always had, but she made two stupid errors and watched the love of her life distance himself from her. Further, she did know that he wanted her and loved her; the trouble was, it was not clear how much. But she was working on that and seemed to be making some headway.

She went to bed that night in the bed they shared, and drank in his smell, sleeping on his side. She idly played with herself thinking about him in London being the successful business man. Her fingers became more active as the thought of his power turned her on, and she came with a shudder and a soft cry before settling to sleep.

On Monday evening when she got back from work, she decided to clean the flat from top to bottom, or rather side to side, since it's all on one floor, she giggled to herself. She felt at home, while realising vividly that this wasn't her home. Yet! She thought with a grim smile.

On Tuesday she had dinner with Caroline and Kevin before returning to finish her cleaning and polishing. Then came a surprise. The phone rang. She answered and it was Aidan!

"Just wanted to know you're all right, not too lonely in that great big flat?"

"Missing you of course," she answered, quite overcome that he had thought about her, "I went to Caroline's for dinner tonight."

She asked how his meetings were going, which surprised him; she had never been interested enough before, and he told her the minimum she would want to hear. He did ask that she would tell the staff on Wednesday that things were going well, and that exciting developments were in the pipeline. She promised she would.

They signed off before the silences became at all uncomfortable, and she finished by thanking him for thinking about her. He joked that he wanted to be sure the flat was still in one piece. She told him in a mock huff that it was better than he had left it.

She went to bed elated. He had thought to ring her, as if they were married, checking in while he was away from the marital home. She hugged his pillow and fell asleep with a smile on her face.

The next day saw her in a happy mood all day at work and she returned ready to freshen up before leaving for the Wednesday meeting of the staff, knowing she could grab a meal in the pub before the rest arrived. She passed on Aidan's message.

Thursday night there was no phone call, though she stayed in just in case Aidan rang her. On Friday Caroline invited her out with Kevin and another couple, just an evening drinking in their local pub.

As she half expected, there was an unattached man as well as the two couples. He seemed a little shy at first, but livened up once the drink started flowing. He had a pleasant way with him, a wicked sense of humour and a good line in flirting.

He offered to take her home and she agreed, noticing Kevin's intrigued expression. When they reached Aidan's block, she debated whether to invite him in 'for a coffee', and the temptation was strong, but for some reason even she could not fathom, she resisted and bade him goodnight with quite a steamy kiss, and allowing him to grope her tit and bottom.

He asked to see her again, but she told him she was with someone but if it broke up she would call him. He gave her his number. Inwardly she had no intention of seeing him again, because Aidan would come round eventually, she was now sure.

Next morning, being Saturday, she slept in, and was on her way to the shower, when the doorbell rang. She sighed, and clad only in a short bathrobe, went barefoot to answer the door, wondering who would be calling on Saturday morning when everyone knew Aidan was away. She smiled as she thought it might be Jehovah's Witnesses, and loosened her bathrobe a little to disconcert them.

She opened the door, and her greeting died on her lips in astonishment as she saw who had come to call.

"Samantha?"

"Hi! Julie, isn't it?"