All Comments on 'Sliding Home'

by darkoverlord6

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
jetpacksamjetpacksamalmost 5 years ago
Outstanding

Great character development and pace.

There are many more chapters here, please give us more, much more.

wvcrowcallwvcrowcallalmost 5 years ago
More please!

Great story. Loved the relationship and banter between Terry and his grandfather. Room for much more here...hope you continue this unique story line!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great!

Great story and characters please continue.

ddrapermadmenddrapermadmenalmost 5 years ago
Mother was selfish

Putting your dreams ahead of your kids is selfish. There are plenty of other schools in the area. Deathbed wish for him to give up his dreams and life to pursue her failed dreams is just obnoxious.

darkoverlord6darkoverlord6almost 5 years agoAuthor

Thanks to all of you for reading and commenting. If enough folks are interested I would consider writing more chapters.

onedegreeawayonedegreeawayalmost 5 years ago
Very good but...

You killed the mood when you called her breasts "fun bags" and his penis "love gun." That's fine when the characters are saying it (I personally don't), but when the third person narrator does it just stops it cold.

VagabondwriterVagabondwriteralmost 5 years ago
@ddrapermadman

People are selfish, more so when they are dying slowly. That being said if people were always perfect wouldn't be much to write about.

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11almost 5 years ago
Great start - more please

Neat story, believable characters and good dialogue.

What's not to like.

jetpacksamjetpacksamalmost 5 years ago
@ddrapermadmen

Or she knew her son and knew where his heart was.

The school had not and was not failing, Financial strife doesn't mean failure.

linnearlinnearalmost 5 years ago
Spectacular

That was some amazing writing, I loved the humor between Terry and his grandfather and of course the hot sex with Gabby. I so wanted to see more of a happily ever after ending, I guess I'm just a romantic.

MushyguyMushyguyalmost 5 years ago
Great story!

I hope there’s more coming. Love the story line, characters, dialog..... All of it! This is the first I’ve read from this author. I’m checking out everything else he’s posted.

blackdragon54blackdragon54almost 5 years ago
Awesome

Definitely loved the story, and loved the characters. I hope to read a part 2 to finish off the character arcs. As in, the real estate developer, the baseball option and how he can get the day care in a more financially stable position (i.e. the advertisement, etc.). I hope to read more!!!

Small constructive criticism, I concur with the other comment, the "fun bags" and "love gun" just didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the writing. Still 5 stars!!!

DogFuzzDogFuzzalmost 5 years ago
Oh Yeah!

Well done! Your words seemed so effortless as they were read. Great story core and filled out with people who came to life on the pages. A 5 from this old boy.

FseriesFseriesover 4 years ago
Why not both?

I can see where he could go back to baseball and allow someone else run the school and he could funnel money back to it. He could have his short career in baseball and retire to run the school.

The story still feels unfinished.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Disappointed

Using another authors name (Bobby Brandt) in a less than positive sense is not very becoming

Never the less I enjoyed your writing

Perhaps there is more to the story?

CRW

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Cummmmmingggg?

Really? I would venture to say that virtually no one says that while orgasming. It’s not like the partner couldn’t figure it out!

tiercenpttiercenptalmost 3 years ago

loved the dynamic between terry and his grandpa. it came very natural and very funny.

would've given 5 stars for a "real" ending. someone said a part 2 but I think it's in a good place right now.

It is just without an ending.

What happens with the Daycare? Does he sell to the Developer? (from the tone of the last sentences not, but still would be good to know/actually read)

Most importantly; What else happens with Gabby and Terry? Right now it is just an FWB thing. Can be more or not, or they just stay FWB.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Why is it writers think stopping before they should??? WHY?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As cool as it is to let the grandpa have his day, it is far more heroic to just go for the tackle. Karate becomes useless the second you are grappling. And mua thai becomes useless the second you hit the floor but offers wisdom in the clinch.

You are banking on eating a strike coming in but if you do that you win. If you end up on top you double win. Being on bottom isn't ideal but you negate his karate and allow chances for a reversal.

6 years wrestling. 2-3 mma

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Too many gossiping female bitches at Terry's home working for him....And his annoying senile grandfather should have died

TexMan1970TexMan19708 months ago

Nice story. I really enjoyed it. Keep up the great work!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

What is it with you you always cut your stories short

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdarkoverlord6@darkoverlord6
New Writer with interest in Science Fiction , Fantasy, and Horror genres. Grew up on Godzilla and Ultraman back in the Seventies. I guess Im kind of a nerd, love Star Trek, Star Wars, Doctor Who, and watching classic 1950's sci fi movies. Got into writing on Literotica as a...

SIMILAR Stories