Slither Pt. 01

Story Info
A human healer finds herself in an Ophidian captain's coils.
6k words
4.53
5.9k
14

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/10/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note(s):

I started writing 'Slither' at the beginning of the summer; it's quite long! As I edit a part, I'll release it until it's finished. Please enjoy Slither, part 1.

Thanks for reading—I appreciate you all!

--Ameranthus

****

"Sura! Come here, will you?"

"Coming, Dathan!"

Sura finished with the tonic she was mixing and headed up front to where the plump old man with python-brown markings and a shock of black and gray thinning hair on his head, waited for her.

Next to Dathan was a younger Ophidian who stood two heads taller than her. His torso was lean and lithe with ashen skin and an iridescent, black tail with two pewter stripes running down its length. There was a dusting of iridescent, black scales on the back of his hands, shoulders and the sides of his neck. His hair was the same pewter color and his eyes caught her for a moment, entrancing her. The sclera was onyx black while the irises were a vivid scarlet red. They seemed to have a piercing but not unkind gaze.

"Sura, I'd like you to meet Valko," Dathan said. "He's the captain of the guard and Lyla's sibling."

"I didn't know Lyla had a sibling." Sura said, surprised. "A pleasure to meet you, Valko."

"Likewise," the Captain said, taking up both of her hands in his large ones and gently pressing them to his forehead in greeting. Her hands were small and soft and smelled vaguely of green herbs and clean soap.

A soft blush lit Sura's cheeks as Valko released her hands and she gave him a slight, shy smile.

"What can we do for you?" Sura asked, trying to move beyond the somewhat awkward moment.

"I was grazed by an arrow while out on patrol," Valko explained. "Normally it would be healed by now but, it's rather painful and hasn't really closed."

Sura and Dathan looked at each other for a moment, with concern and then back to Valko.

"We better have a look then..." Dathan said and motioned for Valko and Sura to follow.

The first thing Sura thought was poison. Goshen slavers had been skulking around, too close to Aponia lately. The guard had doubled patrols and extended its range, lest they come too close to Aponia and Ophidian territory. Even a nick from their foul brew would cause complications with the slightest of wounds.

Sura pulled the curtain to the back room for some privacy as Valko settled onto the mat, arranging his onyx coils comfortably beneath him. She saw that his right shoulder was bandaged and he moved more stiffly on his right side.

"Why don't you take a look at his wound, Sura and tell me what you see." Dathan suggested, making himself comfortable. "My old eyes aren't what they used to be."

Liar, Sura mouthed at Dathan as she took out the step stool she kept for attending to very tall Ophidians. The elder Ophidian chuckled softly and gave her an impish grin as she washed up and prepared to take a look at Valko's wound. He was always playing matchmaker and now was no exception.

"Okay," Sura mused as she carefully unwound the dressing from his shoulder. "Let's see what we got here..."

Sura surveyed the wound for a moment. It was graze about two inches long and it was precisely as Valko had described. It wasn't closing and healing properly; there was infection present and fine, black lines radiating around it, indicating poisoning. Valko hissed in pain when she very lightly touched the inflamed, purplish tissue that was present around the wound.

"It's definitely infected," she started, recounting her observations for both Dathan and Valko. "That's largely from the wound not closing and healing properly. There's indication of poisoning in the tissue; specifically Goshen poison—the ring of black lines radiating out. It would be easy to miss; it looks like a bruise which can happen with a deep graze like this."

"We were ambushed by Goshen." Valko said. "One other was also grazed, but recovered after a day or so."

"It looks like you got a larger dose of poison. Just enough to make this wound difficult for you."

"What do you suggest, then, Sura?" Dathan asked, as she stepped down to wash and dry her hands again.

"It doesn't look like it needs debrided," Sura said, thoughtfully. "Which is good, because that hurts like hell."

"Sura..." Dathan chided lightly.

"What? It's true."

Valko chuckled at that, her directness welcomed and refreshing, as he adjusted his coils to favor more of his left side.

"Anyway, it still needs to be properly cleaned, which will also hurt, but less. Poultice of charcoal, russuale, and pinion to draw out the infection and remaining poison in the tissue. Tea internally for the next week, two times a day to help the body heal, resist further infection and help with the pain and swelling."

"That's a fair assessment." Dathan nodded, as he got up from his spot. "Well done. I'll leave you to see to the Captain's care."

"The bandage needs to be changed everyday, but that might be hard for you to do, at first, with your shoulder as tender as it is right now."

"Will you see to it, then?" Valko asked, his voice deep, yet quiet.

"I...," she started and looked back at Dathan. He smiled slightly and nodded his approval. "Of course. I can come in the morning, if you like."

"That would be agreeable." Valko said. "I'll be off duty until this starts to heal better."

Sura nodded, a bit flustered and excused herself to make the poultice, gather bandages and make the brew for cleaning out the Captain's wound. When she returned, she set everything out on the table, and prepared to begin.

"I apologize if this stings," Sura said quietly. "the wash is antiseptic; you might feel it tingle a bit."

Valko flinched slightly under her hand and hissed, his fangs reflexively bared, as she carefully dabbed at his wound.

"I know, I know," she soothed gently. "It hurts. It'll be over soon, I promise..."

Sura and Valko were nearly chest to chest now, as she continued to patiently clean wound. Every time he inhaled, Valko caught the scent of her. It was like sweet, earthen vetiver with a hint of warm spice, underscored with something delightfully sweet. Valko let it wash over him and with each breath, he relaxed, the pain becoming more bearable.

"Okay, that part's over." she said, stepping down for a moment, and Valko monetarily regretted the absence of Sura being so close to him.

Sura took up the bowl with the poultice and started to carefully spread a thick coat over the wound with a small, wide spatula.

"You're the only apprentice here with Dathan, now?" Valko asked, trying to take his mind off the sting of his shoulder so he could enjoy Sura's closeness to him and her scent more.

"Yes. Elil works in the temple apothecary and dispensary," Sura replied as she washed her hands again and grabbed a long, wide muslin strip, "and I attend more patients on my own now, do house calls, that sort of thing."

"Will you work in the temple as well, when you're done?" he winced as she wrapped his wound. It was an awkward angle that Sura had to contend with, but she made it work.

"Dathan would like to see me work in the infirmary," Sura said, gently tying off Valko's bandage. "but I think I'm a bit too ... course for that. I'm better suited to soldiers and common folk."

"You're not course." Valko said with a throaty chuckle. "You're honest. I knew exactly what to expect and that made it easier to bare. I appreciate that—I'm sure others do too."

"Thanks," Sura said, the faint blush coming back to her cheeks again. "You're all done. I just need to get your tea."

She drew back the curtain for Valko and he followed her out where Dathan awaited, a small bag of tea already on the counter in front of him.

"And here is the tea." Sura said, handing it to Valko. "Directions are on the bag, but ... I can show you how to make it when I come in the morning."

"I'd like that," Valko smiled slightly and then to Dathan: "Your apprentice has a fine and gentle hand. I appreciate her being straightforward about how she was treating the wound and what kind of discomfort I might expect."

Valko paused for a moment, thoughtful, his deep crimson eyes settling on Sura before addressing Dathan again.

"Would you consider allowing Sura to split her apprenticeship between here and the barracks infirmary? Rylin is overwhelmed as it is, and I think Sura could help. More patrols means more injuries and if one of us comes back poisoned again, she'll know what to do..."

Sura looked at Dathan, shocked at Valko's offer. She was speechless as the elder Ophidian stroked his scruffy, gray beard, his tail flipping and curling thoughtfully.

"Under one condition," Dathan said finally. "You write up all your case studies and meet with me twice a week. Rylin is a fair healer—you could learn a lot from him. War medicine is far different than what we do here, but if you get in over your head, you send for me immediately."

"I ... yes, of course." Sura smiled brightly. "Thank you -- both of you!"

"I suppose the Captain would like Sura to stay in or near the barracks?" Dathan asked.

"If it pleases you, Sura." Valko said. "I'm sure I can find you something suitable there."

"That would be fine—It would make it easier for me to tend to your wound also."

"Then it's settled." Valko said. "You can start as soon as you're made yourself at home in the barracks."

"You'd better get a feel for where you're going to be," Dathan smiled wistfully, "You go on --I'll clean up here."

"But--"

Dathan made a shooing motion for her to get going and she hurriedly took off her apron and hung it behind the counter. Sura hugged Dathan tight and kissed him on the cheek.

"Thank you." she said. I'll let you know how it is later."

"It's a barracks-- how else would it be?" Dathan snorted lightly in her ear, and smiled. "Now get out of here. The Captain's waiting..."

****

"Dathan cares about your happiness," Valko observed as they approached part of the great wall that was between the Ophidian city of Aponia and the mountain pass that lead into the forest-encrusted foot hills.

"He does. I think he knows in his heart that I'm not 'temple material'" Sura laughed quietly. "He knows me pretty well by now."

"How does a human become the apprentice of Aponia's most renowned alchemist and healer?" Valko asked as he led Sura through an archway in the wall and up an incline. A walkway stretched out before them and above the stone ceiling was a parapet where soldiers walked their watches in shifts.

"That's kind of a long story," Sura said, and was surprised when Valko stopped abruptly.

"Perhaps you'll tell me tomorrow while you change my bandage." he said, his crimson eyes glowing intensely in the dimly lit passage, tail coiling and uncoiling insistently behind him.

"Of course... If you like." she said, breath catching slightly in her chest

Valko's sharp features looked fierce in the shadows of the torchlight. It caught Sura off guard but his smile softened them considerably.

"Good." he said quietly, the back of his large, scaled hand a whisper across Sura's cheek. "I wish to know you better."

Sura was thankful for the shadows in the walk way as they started towards the barracks again. Her face burned with a fiery blush now. They made a turn and went down a slope to a lower walkway that ended in a large archway with double doors.

"This is the infirmary," Valko said, opening the doors.

Sura stepped inside and briefly took everything in. It was huge, but poorly lit, with two rows of bays that contained sleeping mats, each bay was separated with heavy, plain wooden screens. There was an area for triage near the door and at the far end, an archway that led into another large room. Valko led her down, careful not to wake any of the sleeping soldiers who had been tended to.

"Were they in your patrol?" Sura asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

Valko only nodded as they entered the archway. The room was large and filled will shelves of supplies and medicines in no particular order. A tired looking Ophidian sat at the alchemy bench mixing some kind of concoction. His scales were bright, leaf green and the underside of his tail was an ocher yellow. His skin was lightly tanned and black hair fell to just under his ears, though most of it was pulled back in a short ponytail.

He turned abruptly, almost upsetting the bottle of the newly brewed substance.

"Captain," Rylin started, wearily. "I didn't hear you come in ..."

Rylin's attention immediately turned to Sura, his golden eyes scrutinizing her. He wasn't as tall as Valko but he still towered over her.

"Ah... Dathan's pet." he said, his voice curious and a bit derisive.

"Dathan's apprentice," Valko warned. He didn't like that Rylin was so near to Sura and settled close behind her. "Her name is Sura."

Rylin backed away from Sura and the larger Ophidian, but he did not take his eyes off of her.

"Of course. Sura. I meant no disrespect." Rylin said quickly. "Humans are so... small. Forgive me, but what brings the Captain and Dathan's... apprentice to my humble infirmary?"

"Sura will be helping you—she has Dathan's blessing."

Rylin tore his gaze away from Sura and looked at Valko in utter shock.

"Her? Help me?"

"If you rather not have me--" Sura started, and stopped abruptly when Valko held up his hand.

"She's seen to my wound, and will attend me over the next few days." Valko said firmly. "Judge her work for yourself. She's spent enough time with Dathan to be more than competent."

Rylin inspected Valko's newly bandaged shoulder, sniffed at it and returned his attention to Sura.

"You suspected poison?" Rylin questioned her closely.

"I didn't suspect. I knew." Sura said with a bold confidence that surprised both Ophidians. "The signs were there. It just required close inspection."

"Nicely done." Rylin admitted, somewhat grudgingly. "Perhaps you can be of some use to me. I will inspect your work in a few day's time, as the Captain requests. If the wound has made significant progress, I'll take you on."

"That's fair." Sura nodded. "You should be able to see what I'm capable of first."

"Very well," Rylin sighed tiredly, his shoulders sagging with fatigue. "If you'll excuse me, I have some work to finish before I take some much needed rest."

****

Valko and Sura quietly left the infirmary and Valko led her to a lower level that was the barracks, proper. Adjacent to it, was the door to Valko's private quarters, but they did not go in. Instead, he took her just a little ways down the hall to another arched door that was on the opposite side from his.

"This was once a battle-mage's quarters," Valko said, as he opened the door. "It hasn't been used in quite some time, but I think it will suffice."

Valko let Sura walk in first and she stared at the spacious room in awe. Bookshelves lined the walls --most of which were still filled, there was a comfortable looking sleeping nook along one of the walls with a few jewel toned pillows of sapphire blues, emerald greens and amethyst purples just inside, and a large, adjustable lectern nearby. At the fireplace, there was a small table with a few ruby and gold pillows and an old copper teapot that hung on the wrought iron arm.

The stone floors were covered in rugs with various jewel tones and patterns and behind a heavy, intricately carved screen was a wardrobe and bath. There were two large windows to the outside, both of which had their heavy storm shutters closed.

"If there's anything lacking, I'll do my best to acquire it for you." Valko said.

"It's perfect." she smiled, excited. "It will be a nice place to work and study, I think. Thank you."

"Of course. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. I'll send for your things and leave you to get comfortable. Until morning, Sura."

"Until morning," Sura replied softly, watching Valko go as he closed the door behind him.

****

Morning seemed to come quicker than usual and Valko waited for Sura to arrive and tend to his wound. His tail flipped back and forth anxiously, and he longed to be suffused with her scent again, to feel her small, warm hands on him. His sleep had been filled vivid and restless sexual dreams of wrapping Sura up in his coils, spreading her legs and fucking her relentlessly with tongue and cocks until she screamed in ecstasy as she came over and over again.

The thought alone was enough to get both of his cocks hard, but then he heard the knock at the door and it jarred him out of the short-lived memory of his dreams.

"Sura?" Valko called, his voice raspy until he cleared his throat.

"It's me," she said. "Can I come in?"

"Yes, of course."

Sura wore blue robes with purple trim today and her dark, brown hair was held back with a plain, silver comb. Her gray eyes were warm, but inquisitive and she carried a black case that she sat on the large, low table near to his modest nest. When she opened it, Valko saw that it contained all the supplies that she would need to attend to him.

"How does your shoulder feel?" Sura asked, as she reached up towards his wound and realized that she didn't have a step stool to stand on.

"Better," Valko said, watching Sura kick off her boots and put the kettle on at the fireplace. "Less painful today. You're... taking off your boots?"

"I'm going to have to sit on your coils." Sura said. "Or I won't be able to reach your shoulder."

Valko went to pick her up and she shook her head, as she gently pushed his hands away.

"Don't you dare pick me up! if your wound's starting to close, you'll tear it open..."

The Ophidian only blinked at her as she carefully climbed up to the top of his firm coils and straddled part of his hip and waist.

"I'm not trying to get personal here," Sura said softly, as she started to undo the bandage.

"It's a little late for that," Valko rasped lightly, his throat suddenly tight and dry.

"Do you want me to stop?"

"No," he managed, "continue..."

Valko's breaths were deep and heavy as he took in Sura's rich, sweet, earthen scent. His eyes slipped shut for a moment as he lost himself, simultaneously aroused and relaxed by it. His hands ached to grab Sura's hips and pull her against him, to wander over her soft, warm flesh. Sura's, soft, beautiful neck stretched out near his face and he wanted so badly to bite and maul it with his fangs. Valko wanted her to wear his marks so she would know she was his.

A barely audible gasp escaped Valko's lips as Sura removed the last of the bandage, taking some of the dried poultice with it.

"Valko?" Sura asked softly. "Are you okay?"

He felt her small, warm hand on his cheek as she turned his face towards her. His eyes slowly opened, the normally slitted pupils, now wide and more round.

"Yesss," Valko hissed softly.

"I'm going to clean it, okay?"

Valko only nodded as Sura removed herself. The absence of her body against his, made his tail twitch and he readjusted his coils so she couldn't feel or see the growing bulge below his abdomen that contained his cocks. When she returned, she sat up on his coils again but not as close to him as the first time. Lightly, carefully, Sura cleaned off the poultice from the wound and inspected it.

"Oh, that looks so much better." Sura smiled, pleased. "the poison in the tissue is receding and the infection is clearing. It's starting to close up some already. That's good."

She put more poultice on the wound, bound it and brewed the tea. For a moment, Valko was grateful for the respite, his resolve wavering more and more by the moment.

"It's absolutely awful." Sura said as she handed him the cup. "you've been warned."

Valko's nose wrinkled at the pungent scent that came up from the cup and quickly downed it. Sura took the cup back and set it aside on the table.

12