Small Concrete Actions Ch. 03

Story Info
Back to dating after divorce, in 750 words.
896 words
4.21
59.2k
38

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 08/02/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
masustacy
masustacy
483 Followers

I am a first time author here. I decided to write my first story as a 750 word story.

I finished the first part and felt I had more story to tell, It turned into a four part story with each part having 750 words.

I provided two endings so you can pick your poison.

I am publishing this without an editor looking at it. I know it is a bad idea to do that, but I couldn't find one. I attempted to find an editor using the "find editor" tool, but received no response. Either I did it incorrectly or no one was interested. Rather than wait, I'm letting it go as is.

If you would like to volunteer to be a beta reader or an editor, please contact me through the site.

As a first time author, positive feedback would be greatly appreciated.

***

After I relocated to Florida, I was months away from divorce. I had no desire to date until it was final. I threw myself into my work, which paid huge dividends. I was the number one rainmaker for the firm, but I was desperately lonely.

When the divorce came through, I met with my counselor Myra to discuss dating. She had me make two lists. One with my life goals. The other with the qualities I wanted in a partner. We worked on it interactively using a whiteboard. She had me rank them and distinguish "required" from "nice to have". It was a blueprint for what I was looking for. She advised me to be ruthless at sticking to what I wanted. If a "must have" isn't there, I should cut them loose immediately.

Next, I grilled my real estate agent Veronica on the South Florida dating scene for people our age. Where to go. What to do. What to expect. She signed me up for a members-only bar in Sunrise called Sandy's. The first night, I resolved to just hang out and observe, but within minutes, an astonishingly pretty blonde named Ashley came and sat at my table without asking. She said she could see this was my first time out after a divorce and wanted to make it easier for me.

When I asked how she knew, she said, "Honey, we've all been where you are right now. We can spot it a mile away. You need to know it's going to get better." I had to fight to keep from breaking down over that simple kindness.

Over the next three hours, she walked me around and had me speed date about twenty women. If the woman liked me, she'd text me her picture as a reminder of who she was and ask me to call.

Word got around that I was clean, courteous, moderately experienced, and I was willing to accept instruction. My dance card was full after that.

I kept my "must have list" firmly in mind. Almost everyone was eliminated from contention after a few of dates. Each year, a handful made it past three dates and ended up in my bed, but the spark wasn't there and it would fizzle out. I found dozens of quality friends and a handful of astonishingly good lovers, but I never found love.

Four years passed. I was promoted to managing partner and I'd mostly given up on the dating scene. I had a couple of regular lovers, including Ashley and Veronica, but we were only friends with benefits.

Out of the blue, I got a call from Katie's younger sister Claire. She said that she was coming to Miami on business and asked if she should extend her stay by one night so that we could have dinner. Claire was a year younger than Katie, but was taller, more athletic, and a smidge more attractive. Growing up, Katie and Claire had competed over everything and were fierce rivals. Claire almost always won, which was tough on Katie. Claire was now a corporate attorney living in Atlanta. She'd had a series of long term boyfriends, but never married. I had not seen her in years.

I picked her up at her hotel and took her to my favorite restaurant. She wore a little black dress that set me on fire. To my surprise, she flirted shamelessly. I gave it back as good as I got. We had an absolute blast, laughing and talking about life. Halfway through the meal she said, "This is the best date I've had in years. I'm feeling great. Want to go back to my hotel room and fuck? It has been months and I need it."

I called for the check and we went straight to her room. We fucked nearly continuously for twenty four hours. I'd gained a lot of experience and I'd improved as a lover. I used it all on Claire. I rang her bell over and over and over. I felt like Superman. At the end, a desperately exhausted Claire pushed me out of the door of her room with a kiss. She said, "That was the best sex I've ever had. You are a hell of a man. Katie is a fucking fool."

As I crawled into bed, I thought about what how amazing it had been. I felt that night was the masterwork which promoted me from a journeyman lover to master.

Yet, I was still lonely.

masustacy
masustacy
483 Followers