Small Concrete Actions Ch. 04A

Story Info
Ending the arc by finding new love, in 750 words.
896 words
4.37
49.3k
48

Part 4 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 08/02/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
masustacy
masustacy
483 Followers

I am a first time author here. I decided to write my first story as a 750 word story.

I finished the first part and felt I had more story to tell, It turned into a four part story with each part having 750 words.

I provided two endings so you can pick your poison.

I am publishing this without an editor looking at it. I know it is a bad idea to do that, but I couldn't find one. I attempted to find an editor using the "find editor" tool, but received no response. Either I did it incorrectly or no one was interested. Rather than wait, I'm letting it go as is.

If you would like to volunteer to be a beta reader or an editor, please contact me through the site.

As a first time author, positive feedback would be greatly appreciated.

***

In the five years since my divorce, I'd had plenty of sex. All of it was good. A lot of it was great. As I contemplated the 24 hours I spent with Claire, my ex-sister-in-law, I wondered why it was so superior to anything I'd experienced since my divorce.

I realized that the difference was that Claire and I really cared for each other. I didn't love her like I loved my ex-wife, but I did love her. The history, connections, and a shared past made it a lot more fulfilling and rewarding.

I hadn't been asleep for two hours when Claire called me and woke me up.

She said, "I couldn't do it. I couldn't get on the plane. That wasn't just sex for you, was it? It wasn't for me. There's something there."

We spent the week together and confirmed that there was indeed something there. We dated long distance for half a year. One weekend in Atlanta. The next in Parkland. We got to the point where the next level for us involved a ring. I was on the verge of doing that when it fell apart.

I was flying to visit a client in Minnesota on a Wednesday evening. My connecting flight in Atlanta was cancelled. I decided to take advantage and visit Claire. I drove to her condo and let myself in. She wasn't there. There were clothes strewn about her bedroom the way it was when she was trying to dress to impress but didn't know what to wear. A lot of it was lingerie.

Just after midnight, she came in all smiles and giggles dragging a ridiculously good looking man behind her. When she saw me, she locked up. I recognized the guy. He had dated Claire in college and was the host of a national morning show on cable TV. To her, he was the one that got away.

My small concrete action was to walk out before she could say anything.

When I wouldn't answer her calls, Claire sent me a heartfelt apology letter with an explanation: one last fling before she settled down. I wanted to be enraged, but instead I was relieved. I hadn't yet proposed. Both sisters had the exact same character flaw. I sent her a seven word text reply. "We are done. I wish you well."

I went out the next Friday night to Sandy's. I was discouraged, but I was determined to put Claire behind me and move on.

I noticed a furtive young woman sitting at the same table where I sat on my first night at the bar. She was nervously sipping a martini and trying to keep it together. There was a ring impression on her left finger, but no ring. She looked like I had on my first visit there.

I walked over to her table and sat down without asking. I said almost exactly what Ashley had to me: "We've all been where you are right now. You need to know it's going to get better."

She cried. Her name was Heather.

When she pulled it together, I took her around and introduced her to a dozen of the nicer women. I introduced her to a few of the nicer of guys and scrupulously avoided anyone with a bad reputation.

After a couple of hours, I decided it was time for me to get going. As we parted, I slipped her Myra's card. I said, "There's no shame in talking it over with a counselor. Myra has made a huge difference in my life. Take a chance."

Heather gave me a huge smile and the gratitude in her beautiful brown eyes melted my heart. I hadn't realized how beautiful she was until that moment. She was a stunner.

Nine months later, I was back at Sandy's when Heather sat down at my table. She said, "You're right, Myra is an absolute miracle worker. I can't believe how much she's helped me. I'm finally ready to date now. I want to date you first."

Heather's small concrete step of her telling me this changed my life forever.

I invited her to dinner and we had an absolute blast.

By the second date, I knew Heather had every 'must have' on my list.

After three dates, she came to my bed.

The spark didn't fizzle, it ignited into flame. She was an amazing lover and was steadfastly faithful.

I proposed on Christmas Eve. Our twins were born eleven months after the wedding.

masustacy
masustacy
483 Followers