Smell a Rose

Story Info
Rose is fed up with lazy husband, finds herself a handyman.
5.7k words
4.57
9.8k
12
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'Are you going to empty that gutter sometime soon?'

'Yeah-yeah... Saturday, I promise.'

'Hmpf.' It sounds irritated, and for a reason, because Rose is fed up. 'You said that last week too, and surprise, it's still full to the brim,' she grumbles.

'I'll do it on Saturday!' Henry responds angrily. 'Unless there's bad weather. Or good fishing weather.'

Rose lets out a tired sigh, in Henry's book it's always good fishing weather, especially when he doesn't feel like doing something, especially chores. She's about to turn and walk away, but then she suddenly changes her mind. Dammit, it really has to be done before damage occurs due to leakage, because then they are in bigger trouble. She looks at Henry forcefully: 'Sunday then!'

'Okay, okay, Sunday,' Henry admits with a sigh.

Rose is certainly not clumsy and a real go-getter, but she is not a professional roofer, nor an electrician, nor a plumber, or a carpenter. And although she is not really afraid of heights, she does suffer from what she jokingly calls "fear of ladders", a maximum of four steps on a household ladder, that's all she can manage, and even then, on shaky legs. And that means, among other things, that the window frames on the top floor, which are in dire need of a new coat of paint, have still not been painted; though she already took care of the ground floor last year.

And then there is the roof molding that needs to be replaced, she has noticed that it is rotting quite badly, a piece of it is even missing. There are a few loose tiles on the roof of the utility room, and lately she has come across more and more overdue maintenance in and around the house.

But Sunday comes, and to her increasing annoyance it is filled with playing games on the laptop and scouring the internet for rare stamps for his collection. You would think that no one collects stamps anymore these days, but Henry does, albums full of them!

And then suddenly she sees him get up, 'I'm in the shed!' he shouts. I'll be damned, she thinks, would he...

But no, she won't see him again for the rest of the day, until it's dinner time. And dark. Of course, he's been messing around again with those stupid bait flies, artificial flies, or whatever it is he always uses to fish with.

Rose decides not to say anything, it is already too late, the weekend is over, but inside she is seething. And during the week she doesn't have to expect anything from Henry, too busy with "work", which means bookkeeping, from home, for the few clients he has retained after his early retirement.

What puzzles her, while retired people often complain that when they stopped working, they only became busier with all kinds of social activities, Henry never participates in anything, holds no administrative positions, is not a member of anything (except the fishing club), always keeps very quiet when he sees that someone tries to call on them - Rose is therefore always the one screwed when it comes to community duties - so she really wonders how he comes to sleep like a baby at night fall. Preferably in front of the TV. You'd think he must have plenty of energy left!

When the following Saturday Henry again makes no move to empty the needy gutter, Rose has had enough.

'Henry, I'm fed up! If you don't get that ladder out of the shed, I'll pack my things and move to my mother's for a week!' she shouts in an unusually shrill voice.

'I'm not holding you back,' Henry grunts, he is in the process of completing a transaction, he has found a streamer that was recommended to him by one of his fishing buddies, and after intensive research and much deliberation he has come to a decision, he just needs to complete the order. He therefore does not exactly listen to his wife's words with attention.

However, Rose only gets angrier at the lack of response and decides to take it even further. 'You know what,' she calls, 'I'll ask my mother if she wants to help out, she can come and stay with us for a week, WOULDN'T THAT BE FUN!'

Now she has his attention, she notes with satisfaction, the panic is clearly visible on his face.

'I- I-'

'Or,' she says thoughtfully, thinking of something that has been going through her mind frequently lately, 'I'll find a handyman for that gutter, then we can stop the nagging.' She looks at Henry, who is now watching her apprehensively.

'Hm,' grumbles Henry, who actually likes this escape route and is also relieved that the plan to bring the monster-in-law into the fortress for a week seems to have been cleared off the board. But he still wants to save face a bit, and not simply lose out, that would only set precedents for the future. 'But that costs money,' he mutters.

'So what? There is plenty of money, we even have a generous holiday budget that has not been touched for years!'

For years, a fixed amount per month went to their holiday and excursion fund, but at a certain point they stopped: Henry never wanted anything anyway, he doesn't like air travel, or long car rides, group trips, weather that is either too hot, or too cold, or traveling too far, camping is too "wet", hotels are too expensive, you name it, the list of excuses is endless. All he wants in terms of outings is fishing, alone or with his fishing buddies, Rose cannot choose what she finds more boring, fishing alone with Henry, or together with those ignoramuses from the fishing club, with their infantile humor and empty - most bachelor - lives. After one torturous experience, she refuses to go fishing with him ever again, she has better things to do with het time.

'Okay,' Henry reluctantly admits, that's a good argument, otherwise the money would just be there doing nothing. Of course, he could also buy stamps with it... He suddenly catches Rose's searing gaze, he is afraid for a moment that she has been able to read his thoughts, no, no stamps, if she were to find out she would surely beat him to death...

Deploying her mother was of course an empty threat, the woman is eighty and - although still remarkably fit for her age - can no longer go near a ladder, let alone clear a several meters-high gutter. But it was enough to get Henry in the right state of mind, and that's what it was all about in the end, she thinks happily.

***

'Rick Feenstra, I've come for the gutter.' There is a large, muscular man standing in front of her, with an outstretched hand and a broad, disarming smile.

'Oh,' she says, taken aback for a moment, then regains her composure. 'Uh, Rose, Rose Waterman,' she shakes the offered hand, looks at it with fascination, what a wreck-it-ralph hands, she thinks, impressed. 'I uh...'

Rick reads the surprise on her face and laughs. 'You expected a much younger man, didn't you?' Rose nods, Rick chuckles: 'I hear that a lot. Young in voice, young in spirit, the rest of me is already well close to their expiration date,' he proclaims cheerfully. Well, Rose thinks, secretly looking at him with appreciation, that's not quite the case. She estimates him to be about fifty-five, apparently in good shape and still very much alive.

'Come on in,' she says cheerfully, holding the door open for him. She invites him into the kitchen, sets him at the table and offers him coffee. Henry is sitting in his office, she knows, she has decided not to bother him with this, before you know it, he will get involved, mainly to guard the money to spend. And since she intends not to just let Rick empty the gutter...

Over coffee, she presents Rick with a laundry list of jobs, stating that there will probably be more added along the way, now that she has finally found someone to do the work. That in itself was quite a challenge, most candidates could only start in six months!

Rick doesn't have a problem with that, he chooses his clients carefully these days, there is plenty of work, and he estimates Rose as someone who can appreciate good work and does not look over his shoulder to give instructions on how the work "should be done" or what would be "more efficient". Or worse, cheaper. If there's one thing he hates, it's having to work with inferior materials.

'It can all be done on the tab, for the time being,' he says, 'if it runs into big expenses, or if I need an expensive part for some repairs, I will ask for an advance. I prefer to be paid for all of it at once, afterwards, that's easier for me.' Rick is generally a very good judge of people and he trusts Rose without question. 'And of course, you get an estimate for everything.'

'That all sounds great, Rick,' Rose responds happily, 'when can you start?' The latter with a broad grin, she happily adapts to his schedule, glad that something is finally going to happen.

'Tomorrow?'

'Really?!!' She gapes at him, completely bewildered.

'And I can clean that gutter right away, so that it's done.' Rose is speechless. 'You do have a ladder, right? Because unfortunately I don't have that with me right now.' Rose nods timidly.

'Come along,' she says breathlessly, 'we're done here, right? Or would you like another coffee?'

'Afterwards, please,' Rick answers smiling as he stands up, 'first the gutter.'

***

Rose is standing in front of the mirror, the large full-length mirror, which is finally hanging, after five long years of leaning against a wall in an awkward angle, never really being able to give a good idea of whether something looks nice on her or makes her look fat. She looks at herself critically, but she still looks the part, she concludes with satisfaction. She is a bit plumper around her stomach and hips than she used to be, but that's okay when you're approaching sixty. Her hair is still reddish, only a bit lighter these days, because more and more gray is secretly sneaking in. Her breasts still defy gravity with ease, she is pleased to see, despite their considerable size. Thanks to conscientiously wearing a good bra, of course, that really helps, she knows. And her skin is still virtually wrinkle-free, count your blessings.

Rose is not particularly vain, but a compliment from time to time is highly appreciated. Unfortunately, Henry isn't much use to her in that department, even if she's strutting around in sexy lingerie, something she does every now and then to - in vain - get his attention, she usually gets no response from him. Sex must always be forced, that has been the case for years, Henry also seems to keep putting off that "job", she cannot even remember the last time they had sex, let alone that he gave her an orgasm.

Come to think of it, that has been going on since she started menopause. Strange actually, because from that moment on she only became more "amorous", while Henry apparently suddenly didn't feel inclined to extracurricular activities in the bedroom anymore. At the time she asked herself for a moment whether he might have a bit on the side, but everything indicated that that was absolutely not the case... Unless it would have been a pike, for kissing it's pouty lips, or a postage stamp, for licking, she giggles by herself.

Rose glances furtively at the man behind her, he is bent over, she has a full view of the infamous construction workers' crevice. It makes her feel warm, she quickly looks away again, at her reflection. Rick has just replaced a dangerously rusting radiator in their bedroom, he happened to have one lying around, an unused one, of the same model. It was the very last thing on an enormous list of jobs, Rick has spared no effort in the past weeks, several rotten planks around the roof have been replaced, the upper windows have been painted, a leaking double window has been replaced, the lock of the conservatory door works again, he even replaced some questionable wiring in the shed and installed a new fluorescent light.

'Almost done,' Rick mutters, 'just going to tighten it properly, we don't want any leakage.' Oh, Rose thinks, she feels a blush coming on, that's literally water under the bridge, she can feel the wetness between her legs. She frowns, what should she do about this, would it be visible?

Rick has now turned to her and is looking at her intently.

'When you're sad, pick a rose, hold it under your nose, and you no longer feel bad.'

'What?'

'An old nursery rhyme my mother used to sing,' Rick laughs. 'And it's true, a Rose always cheers me up,' he gives her a cheerful wink, 'she smells so good...'

Is he flirting with her? she thinks in surprise.

And she doesn't even mind, she notes. In fact, she really likes it. It's been a long time since anyone other than Henry has shown any romantic or sexual interest in her. Although, you might as well take Henry out of the equation, she thinks grimly.

'I'm done,' Rick announces cheerfully, 'the central heating can be turned on again. Did you have anything else to do for me?' Oh man, Rose thinks, if you only knew! Then, simultaneously, she has a rather reckless thought and a lightbulb moment. Henry has set off this morning to go fishing all day with his mates, he won't be home until five.

'Um, yes, actually,' she laughs apologetically, 'sorry, but do you see that dresser over there in the corner? The drawers are stuck, could you maybe take a look at that?'

'Naturally! I'll first take care of starting up the CV downstairs, then I'll come back upstairs.'

He's barely dug in his heels when Rose dives into her walk-in closet. A moment later she reappears, with a serene, if slightly mischievous, smile on her face.

However, when Rick returns, after checking on the new radiator, he immediately turns his attention to the dresser, and Rose sits on the edge of the bed, watching him with fascination. Those enormous hands, which handle those tools so skillfully, those unexpectedly mobile fingers... Ouch, there goes another shot of moisture, she giggles unconsciously. What else could those fingers do, not to mention his "tools"...

'That's it,' she hears Rick say, 'they slide like a charm again, just look at them, in and out, in and out.' He demonstratively pulls on the drawers and lets them slide back in smoothly. Rose groans, looking up. Rick is now alarmingly close; she sees to her shock. He looks at her inquiringly, also a bit challenging. Rose blushes, lowers her eyes.

Rick chuckles, sits next to her on the bed, strokes her hair and her cheek affectionately, a shiver of anticipation runs down her spine. Will she- dare she- oh, how exciting this is!

Then the decision is taken out of her hands, Rick gently grabs her chin, turns her face towards him and kisses her on the mouth, she doesn't think twice, all inhibitions fall away in one swoop and she passionately kisses him back, then opens up her lips and gives his tongue access.

Their tongues swirl around each other in a sensual dance, every now and then Rick gently bites her lower lip, then again he sucks on her upper lip, her beautiful cupid's bow, she moans with pleasure from all these touches. His large hands with the sensitive fingers are meanwhile busy exploring the rest of her body, his hand lies on her bare thigh and slides up agonizingly slowly, under the fabric of her dress, it almost takes her breath away. However, she herself does not shy away from investigating, she eagerly runs her hands over his impressive biceps and over his chest, his muscles are clearly visible under the gray T-shirt.

His hand has reached her panties, he looks at her in surprise.

'Did you- Oh, show me!' he shouts enthusiastically, Rose obligingly lifts the hem of her dress and pulls the garment over her head in one smooth motion, revealing a red lace thong and matching bra. Rick groans, 'wow!' he whispers, 'beautiful!' Rose beams with pleasure, that was an inspiration that was worth it, diving into that walk-in closet, she has never changed clothes so quickly in her life!

While they're at it, she starts pulling on his T-shirt, Rick is more than happy to let her have her way, making short work of her lingerie in the meantime.

'Wow, what muscles,' she murmurs admiringly, the sight triggers an extra rush of fluid in her pussy, she is now soaking. Just get those jeans off, she thinks, showtime! Rick again lets her have her way, lifts his buttocks at the desired moment and the jeans, together with his shoes and socks, join the rest of the clothes on the floor. Through the fabric of his fitted boxers, she can see that her handyman is certainly well endowed by Mother Nature, she gently strokes the significant bump that is visible there. She stiffens. He's already hard! For her!

She takes his stiff member through the fabric in a firm grip, Rick holds his breath. Oh, she thinks, I know what I want to do now. Without thinking twice, she slides the boxers off his ass, takes a seat next to him on the bed and pushes him back. Then she bends over and places her tongue on the head of his cock.

'Awesome,' Rick groans hoarsely, 'oh... man...' Rose now also runs her tongue over the rest of his cock, in slow strokes, then she lifts her head and looks at him.

'Like it?' she asks coquettishly.

Rick growls, 'incredibly delicious, keep it up.' Rose laughs and bends over her new toy again. This time, however, after a few teasing licks, she closes her lips over his cock, eliciting another deep growl from Rick. She starts sucking, while her tongue continues to run teasingly over his shaft. His enormous member disappears deeper and deeper into her mouth, it just barely fits. She thoroughly enjoys it, she used to be a blowjob champion in her days, the boys were practically lining up for it, she had quite a reputation. And she hasn't lost it yet, she notes with satisfaction, despite the lack of practice.

Rick has now regained his senses and has found both one of her breasts and her clit. She moans excitedly at the sensation of Rick's rough thumb over her hard nipples, then almost faints when she feels his fingers on her labia and clit.

'Oh, Rose, you are so incredibly wet!' Rick whispers hoarsely. She is also pleasantly surprised about it; it has been years since she was so moist down there...

Rick's fingers slide practiced over her clit, it gets harder and harder, she moans with pleasure. In the meantime, she feels Rick getting thicker and stiffer in her mouth, his cockhead starts to throb, he taps her head. 'Please stop,' he pants, she reluctantly lets his cock slide out of her mouth. 'You're way too good,' he explains with a grin, 'gonna come way too fast.'

'Oh,' she laughs, 'I see.'

'Come and lie down,' he gestures to the bed and lets her slide back as far as possible.

'I must honestly admit,' he confides to her, 'that I have often had difficulty concentrating in recent weeks, especially when doing indoor jobs, you smell so good, so exciting!'

Oh really? she thinks in surprise, she thought it was only her who...

'Do you really think so?' she asks happily.

'Absolutely! And now,' he sniffs her scent with pleasure, 'now you smell even better!' He growls excitedly, the next moment she sees his head disappear between her legs and she lets out a hoarse scream.

'Oooh, Rick!' she gasps, his tongue runs expertly over her button, he sucks, licks, blows, and meanwhile slides two fingers into her pussy, it's mind blowing, she becomes completely entranced. Rick's other hand has reached for her breasts, he starts to massage her nipples in turn, sending even more wonderful stimuli to her clit.

It doesn't take long before she feels the familiar tingling in her fingers and toes, she doesn't try to delay it, she hasn't had an orgasm in so long. Rick regularly looks up to check how far along she is. And to enjoy the sight of that gorgeous, voluptuous woman writhing under his touches. The beautiful, full breasts with the protruding, dark pink nipples, the wild head of reddish curls, spread out on the pillow around her sweet face. He sees her head turn red, then her cleavage and breasts, and he braces himself, rightly expecting it to be a wild ride.

12