All Comments on 'Smitten Ch. 07'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 68 Comments
BruceWoBruceWoover 2 years ago

Soooooo good. Am a little sad it’s over. Would love another 10 chapters

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Great Story

As always your stories are some of the best here. Im very sad this is over so soon. Keep em coming.

The_PedantThe_Pedantover 2 years ago

Its great to have another super story by you.

A delight.

sjohns219sjohns219over 2 years ago
Many thanks

Thank you for your efforts. I enjoyed the tale.

cliqueggecliqueggeover 2 years ago

Always entertaining - Thank you - looking forward to the other chapters of Varna

LwcbyLwcbyover 2 years ago

I cat napped the last few days waiting on more of this story, sad it’s over, elated that I was able to read it! Please keep giving us more! I wish that you would have spread it out over a few more chapters, but you can’t always get what you want, you get what you can... As always waiting for baited breath for more of your tales. By the way, I’m sure you know who I just quoted... He gives all of us ugly guys hope...😉

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My 2 cents

I enjoyed your story so much! 5/5 stars. Thanks for your time and your imagination.

sixlashessixlashesover 2 years ago

Fantastic writing. I agree that it could have been much longer: very enteresting characters and compelling story line. And I am a sucker for romantic relationships. Thank you, and I look forward to what is next.

EmanresEmanresover 2 years ago

Great story. Cannot wait for you to update Varna as well

76fellow4876fellow48over 2 years ago

The saga was entertaining throughout. And the author did not leave it "hanging".

Well done.

ender2k2kender2k2kover 2 years ago

This was a wonderful story. You made the characters into fully fleshed people that I cared about. Thank you. I look forward to reading your other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Super story. Engaging characters. Always leave them wanting more…

iRaptoriRaptorover 2 years ago

Masterful Backstory. looking forward to the follow up series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another awesome story, over way too soon! I will miss these people!

Nouh_BdeeNouh_Bdeeover 2 years ago

A beautiful conclusion! Now I’m off to start reading Varna!

silmarillisilmarilliover 2 years ago

cracking story and writing, feel it was over a little prematurely though!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great, great story! I was disappointed to see “Epilogue” as I scrolled down. Can’t wait for the next one(s)!

sirwoodcuttersirwoodcutterover 2 years ago

Have checked every day to see if another chapter has been posted, totally enjoyed every chapter. I like the characters and the emotion and feelings portrayed. A great story, I hope to read about Umogs adventures as a great warrior.

redpoppiesredpoppiesover 2 years ago

I agree with all the good reviews here about this story. If the serialized novel is making a comeback, and I believe it is, it is because some of the writers here are exploring the discipline along with you. We are all richer for it, so I thank you.

golasgilgolasgilover 2 years ago

Thank you. What a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Don't know how you do it, but this is another home run!

trnmstr48trnmstr48over 2 years ago
Another Ripping Tale!

Another great story by an amazing writer. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a great story. Well written as always by my favourite author om Lit!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful story! I read it all over two nights, and was utterly engrossed. Every chapter was worth five stars.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

This one is simply exceptional. You have taken one of the most difficult authorial challenges and brought it off with verve. You took the ork, that bestial, brutal example of utter animalistic depravity and personalized them. Heck you have gotten us to see beyond the outward trappings into the personality and spirit. You got us to see them as their own people, like us, but with their own valued differences., and you accomplished that most difficult of all goals, you got us to IDENTIFY with them on an individual basis as the "good" guys. By this chapter, we find ourselves intimately concerned with their welfare, with their families, and hoping that all will turn out well with them.

You transformed the human slave escape story of the first chapter, into the human component of a larger and valued ork/human family You took these "animals" and showed us them as a valued participant in the larger human culture.

That sir shows this to be the very best of tales. One that transforms the common clay into that spark of divinity in all. Any author that pulls that off...deserves the accolades of a champion; but rather than chairing you around the stadium oval, I can merely award you my 5 stars... Congratulations on a job well done!!!

MelanPoncaMelanPoncaover 2 years ago

Outstandingly wonderful!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As always, you outdid yourself. There is something especially with fantasy settings that lends itself to your superb storytelling. This such a small and unassuming setting, but told with so much heart and passion. And this being literotica, you really covered quite a breadth of fantasies, yet keeping to the best of tastes, throughout. Thank you from my heart, this definitely touched it.

Richard1940Richard1940over 2 years ago

A beautiful original story and not only that you don't keep us waiting too long for the next episode. Thank you

pk2curiouspk2curiousover 2 years ago

Another amazing fantasy . I am a big fan . Thank you .

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If you have a follow up story… please consider the sons of umog raised in a human city trained as warriors. I think that would be a really enjoyable read.

Aussie1951Aussie1951about 2 years ago

I stumbled on this story quite accidentally and something I don’t normally read. But bloody hell I’m glad I did. It’s an outstanding and well written story that I thoroughly enjoyed. You certainly deserve all the accolades that all other reader bestowed upon you that’s for sure so I’ll say no more. This is the only story of yours that I’ve read and I can’t want to read more of your stories now and if they are of the same high standard I won’t be disappointed…

kvalentinekvalentineabout 2 years ago

This was thoroughly enjoyable. One thing that I appreciated with this story was that Smitt's first love among the orcs remained first among them. Most of your stories contain a 'harem' element, whether the partners are simultaneous or consecutive (or a bit of both), but something I've noticed is that in all your prior stories, the first woman the MC falls for is not the one he ends up with. This was a nice change of pace.

The epilogues in your more recent stories have done wonders towards making them feel completed, and not just 'over.'

AahhWhattheHellAahhWhattheHellabout 2 years ago

Totally deserving of the award. Truly well done.

IJS0904IJS0904about 2 years ago

What a wonderful story. Thank you very much for writing and sharing.

AspernEsslingAspernEsslingabout 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you very much

Thanks, everyone, for the high scores, and especially for your comments and feedback. I appreciate the support.

rockingtilidroprockingtilidropabout 2 years ago

Loved this story , unexpected but very worthwhile

LwcbyLwcbyabout 2 years ago

I keep rereading this story, thank you so much, I love all of you stories, even the bittersweet one where he sacrificed himself. Still can’t get over that... Take care and thanks!!!!!

Comentarista82Comentarista82about 2 years ago

Kind of interesting how you softened Umog to the point she was able to fight with the humans AND get a human lover for herself and sire 2 by him. I don't know if having the "spoiled brat" join Varna's army was any less impressive. Most fascinating you had Snak crush on Smit, although part of it was obvious that they would bond--pretty much from the first day. I don't know what to make of you relegating Shaghar to secondary or tertiary role. Of course things change and did change with her becoming shaman, but that left what kind of magic she would have developed unexplored. We also didn't learn as much about Smit as we could have, since we didn't learn if he innovated more as a blacksmith and what other improvements he shared with the Red Knee Orcs.

It's obvious you used this ending to segue into a tale for Varna, but despite my rating this a 5 (solely on the merits of how "adorable" you made the orcs to Smit and what he did there), I find myself wishing for more on this society and would have preferred to see this storyline extended, as the ending with the Duke was clean enough on its own, but the other potential threads I've named really weren't carried as far as they could have been: I'd say this could have gone 3 more chapters to explore those things more fully and had a more well-resolved ending. Something to consider for a future offing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thank you for a great fantasy, please continue with more...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Another excellent story that you have shared with us. It's always a pleasure to spend time with the characters you've created. Thank you.

abiostudent3abiostudent3about 2 years ago

I absolutely loved this story - I just read it all in one sitting. As much as I would enjoy having more of these characters told out... I feel like you did a good job with the pacing and drew the hero's journey to a natural close. Thanks for the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
Still Excellent

I just read this for the second time, and it's just as 5/5 as I remember. Also, I finally picked up on the pun in the title. :o

PurplefizzPurplefizzalmost 2 years ago

I find myself in total agreement with Commentarisata, it stopped at least one chapter too soon, maybe more, with a little more work most of the internal conflicts could have been resolved without resorting to the external influence so soon, but then I’m not the one tasked with writing those extra chapters am I? Many many thanks for writing and posting this story, I’m looking forward to reading your follow up “Varna”. Cheers Ppfzz.

dgirlanonymousdgirlanonymousalmost 2 years ago

This story was awesome! A lot of fun to read, great characters who felt realistic (surprisingly not very common), well-written, engaging story, the works. I agree with everyone that I would've loved it to go another couple chapters, but I'm a writer so I get that sometimes you just have to stop somewhere. Five stars either way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Was curious if he had any more children from others such as Snak.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What an incredibly exciting tale. Well constructed with fantastic character development. I just had to read it all in one go, so intoxicating it was. Thanks for sharing...!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story was an interesting tale, holding my interest throughout.

It ran a bit long, in light of the slightly anti-climactic ending, but I liked it.

.

On an editorial note:

Although the story is generally well-written, in this final chapter, I noticed one particular paragraph that was repeated verbatim twice, separated by only a few other short paragraphs (which might explain why I even noticed).

I don't know whether the author is interested in cleaning that up at this point, but the duplicated paragraph is:

.

Shaghar wasn't lying, either. She'd never used me. She was willing to share me with her friends, but she came straight out and asked me, first.

.

Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So George R Martin writes erotica now ?

striker24striker24over 1 year ago

Great story, thank you for writing it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I waited til the end to comment... That was simply excellent in every way... One of the best stories here... Thank you so much for gracing us with it... Just excellent...

-jaye-

sabrinamoanssabrinamoansover 1 year ago

Thanks for a wonderful tale. Loved the characters and world you have created--thank you!

Dreamdog519Dreamdog519about 1 year ago

This was one of the best stories that I have read on Literotica. I don't know if you are even considering a follow up story, I know I and probably many others would like a follow up story about the Red Knees. It is hard to improve on excellence.

CreepythinmanCreepythinmanabout 1 year ago

I have to echo what Dreamdog519 stated in the comments. At first, I was thinking "no way, human/orc relations?" But over time... I actually loved each & every character. This series can actually go even further if you allow it. Truly stupendous writing! 5 stars!

SkiingphotogSkiingphotogabout 1 year ago

*sigh*

Wonderful. Thank you.

JSA69JSA6912 months ago

This was a wonderful story. I'm sorry to see the end of it, but it did end on a very happy note. Thanks for sharing with us.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

You, sir, are an absolutely astounding story teller. Each one is outstanding. Whan can we expect more new work from you?

pawsnizzypawsnizzy9 months ago

Loved it! Thank you

NewtScamanderNewtScamander8 months ago

Thank you. It was an excellent tale

GimliOakensGimliOakens5 months ago

This was so sweet and nice. Like all of your other stories that I have read, I loved it immensely.

bves13bves134 months ago

You are a wonderful storyteller! Thank you.

BigotedeFocaBigotedeFoca4 months ago

What an absolutely wonderful tale, you are a very talented wordsmith, again, thank you for sharing your visions with us. Another easy 5⭐️s

ScubaTykeScubaTyke4 months ago

Excellent, thank you.

Crusader235Crusader2353 months ago

Wonderful story from a master. Five stars ain't enough. Thank you for it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Amazing.

dbsidedbside24 days ago

Absolutely among the most incredible stories on Literotica. Right now, smitten is among my top 5 favorites and a close 2nd as a Sci fi story!

🌟🌟S🌟I🌟X🌟🌟

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Smitten Ch. 06 Previous Part
Smitten Series Info

SIMILAR Stories