All Comments on 'Smoke & Mirrors'

by smokeandmirror

Sort by:
  • 83 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 3 years ago

Decent, but you forgot to address the issues of pregnancy and STDs - big oversight! If she caught an STD that could be cured, maybe they could make it, but it would be a lot tougher if she had an incurable STD or got pregnant. You also didn't discuss them getting counseling, which they could have used.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

PLAIN GARBAGE, I've read both of you're stories and both of your male characters are dumb and a cuck. I'm giving you a free advice stop writing and focus on your mental health

PowersworderPowersworderabout 3 years ago

She had a threesome in the marital bed of his family home. How would any guy be able to live in that house again?

Reconciliation stories rarely work and this was no exception. They spent nearly 6 months apart, but when he came back, he'd still have to deal with all his anger and trust issues.

What did she do to atone for betraying him and breaking his heart? Stop drinking? Live alone for a few months? I think you skipped over all the pain and heartbreak they'd go through trying to patch up their marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Your story wasn't bad, I gave it four stars.

Respectfully, I'm not a fan of introducing a wife by first seeing her cheating, then going into a long love story about how you met, dating, engagement, etc. Honestly, I really don't care about how you got together at this point. I already know she's cheating, so lets get on with the confrontation already.

You need to learn the difference between breath/breathe and advice/advise. It only takes one letter to change the meaning of a word, and you're using the wrong word.

I may have missed it, but did he ever ask her what was going on? Wouldn't he consider it important to ask how many times she'd done it? With how many men and/or women? I don't remember seeing that, maybe she covered it in her emails, but your readers didn't get a chance to see those.

Your protagonist comes across as kind of a wimp, all that crying and crying; that's not really how a man behaves. Rage, anger, pain, heartache, shame, etc: there's no end to the various emotions a man will feel and act upon, but sitting around crying for hours, days on end? Nope.

All in all, a good story. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A tough choice . I normally do not like reconciliation stories but this one could happen. Amber did a stupid thing and is honestly remorseful. Very thought provoking. Thank you for sharing.

francemanfrancemanabout 3 years ago

Thanks for the story.

I like the fact that they had at least a separation of several months in order to face the consequences. Even though I personally prefer a divorce then maybe a reconciliation, and starting again maybe on a new mutual commitment rather than continuing to heal the old one.

It's my Cartesian side speaking. For me, when the conditions of a contract are broken, you stop it and then later you make a new one or not.

On the other hand, I find it unfortunate that you do not go into the details of the confrontation and the explanations of the woman on this adultery.

Without this phase between husband and wife, it is impossible to build confidence for the future.

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleabout 3 years ago

Well done.

A beautifully written story with a satifactory outcome.

lujon2019lujon2019about 3 years ago

I talked with Amber a couple more times over the next month before I started to really see the season change from fall to winter. It was fight or flight time. I made the decision to be a cuck.

/

/

Fixed it for you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Very Blah!! 2* Too much fluff

CD1929CD1929about 3 years ago

I'm sorry but shouldn't they be discussing what happened. Did he know she was bisexual before they married.

She had a threesome in there bed for Christ sake. Although I can see if happening the reaction by the husband is one of fiction. Much too weak of a character. Just my thoughts-thanks for writing

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 3 years ago

this is why I call so many of these stories, "the lovable cuckold syndrome". Her punishment is the separation.

You want her to feel the pain of missing you, what pain is that...WACC/RAAC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I can never get my head around the idea of the wronged husband just running away. Surely any normal person would immediately confront the other, not slink away like a thief in the night.

Also he goes on about developing his pictures, you don’t develop pictures in digital format, process them yes.

He supposedly was going to give his wife some jewellery for her engagement??

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984about 3 years ago

That's two great reads from you looking forward to more. Liked the fact that he was so in control even with the pain. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Just another crummy story full of misspelled and misused words. The premise is ridiculous, no man behaves as the supposed loving husband did. When you get out of high school you might try writing again, in the meantime stop torturing the readers of Literotica

OdiouserOdiouserabout 3 years ago

It is a wonderful storyline and it is well written. I give it a 4, the highest I ever give with only a few exceptions. Particularly impressive as only your 2nd story. As you may be learning you shouldn't even read the comments from people unable to even give their stage name. They are invariably critical and snipey, and most are from small-minded people who think reconciliation is the original sin. Airheads. No, not 'air'...puss for brains.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 3 years ago

He’s a professional photographer but he took an unsolicited picture of a kid in the park and NO ONE SAID ANYTHING?

Are you out of your mind? No guy would dare go to a park alone, let alone with a camera and if he starred taking pictures, he would have to explain himself to the cops who would be arresting him anyway! And the “babysitter” sat there and allowed a guy she didn’t know just take a picture of the kid?

Holy fuck! Don’t write another goddamn story. Seriously, that bullshit was so impossible you might as well have said he was masturbating in the Capital Building on live TV with Pelosi and AOC licking his nutsack.

Seriously though, stop writing.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

What's the point in telling how they met, etc.? They're married, so they obviously met, dated and got married. What does that have to deal with what's happening now?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Story:

soooo her first idea was to lie to him...

This bugged me till the end

So because of that... nope she is not trustworthy (aka since this is a Story - IMO Reconsilation not ok without further explanation)

On the other Hand

Your writing is good!

keep it up

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

Very well done. Your narrative and story arc were excellently done and believable. Not being critical at all, but I would have had them slip Amber some ecstasy that night. Didn't make sense she would do what she did with no recollection without some "help". But hey, I'm not writing it and it was a great story no matter what. Keep up the great work - 5* (Ignore the anti-cuck crowd. Life is rarely that straightforward and your story could easily be someone retelling a real life event...)

bruce22bruce22about 3 years ago

I was impressed by the writing and found it an interesting exercise in emotional reactions.

We know that it was a one time event, caused by excess of alcohol but the hero does not

know this. If this truth was hidden than the cry of BTB would burst from us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Cuckold, never stay with a cheater especially

1 star because there in not a lower score for a cuckold reconciliation

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I'm ambivalent; Sam and Amber deserve better from each other - but the threesome??

Just FYI, there are _serious_ legal issues with taking photos that show people's faces, especially minor children. Any pro would have a pad of Model Release forms in his gadget bag; Amber signs one right away, and Sam contacts the little girl's parents ASAP. No signature, the photos get deleted.

The only exception would be some sort of newsworthy event like a traffic crash, fire, etc.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This and your other story posted today were both quite good for first ever postings on here. And in the hyper critical LW category as well 😎

I liked a lot of how this tale went…but not everything. One huge plot hole was the failure of the husband to ask “why”? A guess would be that Amber drinks too much and the threesome was a result of being drunk out of her mind. P,us, of course, having a couple of despicable “friends”. But still…..

Amber DID seem genuinely remorseful…and the long separation was necessary. It also helped to have a big brother on his side. So culminating in a reconciliation was logical. But still…..

Please continue to write and post! 4****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

You need to get a handle on how tenses work. Choose one and stick to it. Otherwise as has been said, start with the back story, keep it to the point and then add the drama of the story. A bit boilerplate otherwise

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

The ennui was way overdone.

.

I'm intrigued by this LW trope of guys who catch the spouse in flagrante dilecto and silently creep away. Poll a thousand men on that, and 999 will say they'd confront the cheaters immediately. How did this get established, except as a way to drawn 'catching them' and 'revenge' into the same plot.

.

Good story, thought. Nice writing.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 3 years ago

I would have rather she explained what happened before he decided to come back. He had no idea that she didn't remember anything from that night and was taken advantage of. That should have been discussed first.

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

You write well. But it seems like you enjoy making your husbands weak individuals. What man is going to return to a house where his "loving" wife cuckolded him in his own bed?? She cheated. Being drunk isn't a excuse.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

1st congratulations on your 1st entry.

Trouble is you opened by going back and forth with your tenses. This carries on throughout, a big example, Sam's telling us what has already happened and is not sure whether he will keep the beard and long hair long term, giving the impression he still has them when telling the story, however he goes to the barbers in the story.

Please learn the difference between advice and advise.

You put 'backstory' in bold, but that rolled straight back into Sam's perspective with a plain 'current day' but not before telling us that we were back to where Sam walked in. None of the changes in POV were emboldened and easily missed. You should try to be consistent with things like this.

Necklace and earrings as an engagement gift after 5 years of marriage?

I forgot to turn my phone on AND saw a text?

Hmmm so you like Sam as a wimp... catches Brian off guard, I'm surprised he didn't attack him in his sleep, and terrorising Lisa by tearing the phone from her, but he didn't have the balls to face his wife. Though he was happy to shame her publicly, just so long as he wasn't there. In the meantime he disappears and she is expected to wait for him. Granted she was in the wrong but she should also file for divorce to get away from such a pathetic wanker, she could go with emotional torture. Add to that, that even when coming back he tricks Amber into a public situation once again.

He talks about not trusting amber, but even after the phone call we don't know that he knows her take on what did or didn't happen.

If I were Brian as soon as Sam was back I would have had him arrested for assault. There was no question of Amber not consenting, so it's not as if there is any legal comeback on Brian and Lisa. This would have wrecked Sam's burgeoning business.

Writing could be smoother, both narration and dialogue. Example 'walked out the door' or 'walked out of the door'.

I can on guess English isn't your 1st language with the constant references to shaking heads yes.

Well done on putting yourself out there. It's obvious like RAAC and tightening up your writing a bit will see you being a decent author. Thanks.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago

I thought it was a good story. There will always be those who think that you need to tick this box and that, but then they all become the same. I do feel you never really told us what exactly was the smoke and mirror photograph and I'm still curious, but this story fits the mold of a one time drunken mistake that an adult should be able to overcome. Good job.

Rw43Rw43about 3 years ago

As I posted on your other story, I'm all in favor of reconciling with a beautiful but flawed woman who loves you, especially in a fictitious world.

But come on, fight or flight? He chose 'flight' for six months while she didn't even have to move out. She suffered no consequences except for loneliness, and if their relationship is so strong that missing him is punishment enough, why didn't it keep her from straying? Hence, we blame the alcohol.

So punching his ex-friend and breaking Lisa's phone was the extent of his 'fight' for the first 6 months. It took him 6 months of flight in order to decide to work at his marriage. It's amazing how many writers adopt the 'solitary man' solution to fix marital conflicts.

Just to be clear though, I found Sam to be a realistic character even though he was far more emotional than logical in his approach, even after taking the time to 'think it through'. That's what we humans do; we try to be logical about emotional situations and fail utterly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The main character has photos already on his laptop, but he then needs to go away to develop them? Developing is for film photography... it's wet chemistry and a bit of an artform that might take time. But that implies the image before developing is solely in the photographers mind, and certainly not yet on a laptop for showing. Digital photography, the kind that the main character posts to his website, does not require any developing, but may benefit from further digital processing prior to printing and framing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I do not understand the authors on this site. The husband catches hi wife having sex with half the population of the county and then wonders if he should divorce HER? I DON'T THINK SO!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It was an enjoyable read in my opinion but I agree with what many others have said that really don'y make it that great. I will do 3 stars.

He doesn't confront them immediately. Only in these LW stories does a guy run away and say nothing.

She really doesn't show guilt or remorse. She sends texts and says I am sorry but that is it.

His friend who is watching things for him strongly suggests that six months is pushing it like he will lose the cheater if he doesn't do anything. So what? He left!

They never talk about what happened. He takes her back not knowing if she didn't have sex, had sex, had cheated all the years they were married.

I always hate when the cheater says she doesn't remember. Come on, was she passed out which would amount to rape? If so, why didn't she call the cops? She either knew or she was raped. You chose she knew when you wrote this story.

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 3 years ago

Good story and quite well written, in fact much better than most first timers. Engagement presents are usually given at the engagement before a marriage as opposed to an anniversary present. Most people in the world shake their heads left to right to mean no and nod their heads up and down to mean yes, although apparently some parts of Greece and Albania amongst others use the opposite. Doesn't matter the blend of cultural differences on lit are entertaining. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Three stories today with some variation of the same typo: “something took my breathe away”

Weird

KalimaxosKalimaxosabout 3 years ago
to: Legio_Patria_Nostra

It's not just how the cheated men react. It is also how many catch their wives cheating. 85% of cheaters are never caught or confess. So this would be a small amount. Also, many people with kids chose to stick it out after finding out. AND, most of the BTB methods that are LW tropes are not valid in court in most states.

Most men never know that their kids are not theirs. 35% of kids in divorce are not the husband's biological kids. Most people live in denial if the cheating was not overt. People can cheat for years and not get caught. But people on LW love to read that and make-believe that in such a case they can burn the bitch. If they divorce, they burn themselves and their kids. It's fun to write stories, but they are mainly bullshit. Having said that, I'm have written cheater stories myself. I mean, what else can you post on LW but that and cuck stories?

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

Another cuck story with a wimp as the main character, and boy, doesn’t he come across as a wimp?

Amazing how you authors destroy your male characters.

The story itself was not well written, with some glaring errors in the storyline. The story itself was quite disjointed jumping around too much. The POVs in this case made the story line difficult to follow.

Cuck stories always get 1/5 as does this one.

Better luck next time

pepepilotpepepilotabout 3 years ago

Unlike several of the reviewers, I did enjoy the story. I will concede the fact that sometimes there was a lack of explanation that left holes in what he was thinking. I also sometimes think that we don't stop to realize that everyone doesn't react the same as we might have in the same situation. To me, what stands out, is the fact that the story is believable given what I have previously said.

Good story. Don't listen to some of the naysayers, keep on writing and bettering what is already good.

Super_Slut_69Super_Slut_69about 3 years ago

Good story, my only complaint was he never listened to Brian and Lisa's side. Now I am not to hot on them but I suspect that Brian would call the cops, I sure would and press charges as well. That is I didn't shoot the guy, so I have a problem with that. People get drunk then do stupid stuff, if you don't think you would, you have not been really drunk. I would not advocate it but it does happen and those involved are not fully functional. Yes, being drunk is an excuse which is why we say that women who are drunk can't give consent.

Rocky62Rocky62about 3 years ago

Ok but he takes her back after a couple phone calls whilst on a walkabout.... skipped the struggle of reconcilliation

mainer42mainer42about 3 years ago

good story dude. no nitpicking from me

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 3 years ago

2* For writing a wimpy cucky story which is the majority of LW. The husband takes the cheating slut back without even demanding she explain her cheating? He didn't even post a picture of the 3 cheaters. Really? Flight or Fight? As a wimpy writer, flight is always your default action.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Sorry

I don't read WIMP stories. 1 star

kirei8kirei8about 3 years ago

You're writing is very good. You're main characters are flawed. Given this, the males in both your stories are very weak and wimpy. The women are cheaters who beg forgiveness but who both knew they were cheating when they did the deed but did it anyway. Like in this story. She was party to inviting a male to drink and get drunk. She was the one who took off the ring prior to bedding her partners. And no matter how drunk you are, there is that point you make a conscious decision to cheat. She in no way made up for it and instead, you had him crucify himself for her actions. Then, you have his brother tell him not to take more than 6 months to come to a decision. Why, was the slut ready to cheat again. Makes for a disappointing lousy story.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Another very good story, but you seem to be unusually gentle with your cheating wives. I understand a drunken, maybe drugged, mistake can happen, and she did seem remorseful. I enjoyed it.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 3 years ago
Assumed ...

It probably shoulda been explicit that Sweetie explained the (somewhat exculpatory) circumstances to Bro-in-Law or SiL and one or both conveyed that message to Hubby. Several responders can be excused from jumping to the conclusion Sweetie never tried to discuss the circumstances with Hubby.

Too little, IMHO, is addressed about Sweetie’s actions and emotions during Hubby’s absence. Hubby and Sweetie reconnecting seemed to have scant rationale given the evidence We-The-Readers are provided.

4* but just barely. Nice ending but pretty much a letdown.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Well

Pretty good story. Agree with Scorpiojj about having the wife explain herself. It kinda leaves a hole in the reconciliation without it.

Here's an observation. Non-verbal communication confusion is common occurrence. To 'shake' one's head is commonly understood as turning the head left and right meaning a 'no' response. To give a 'yes' or 'go ahead' sign, one 'nods' their head. It can be done the opposite as a humorous subliminal message. Example: When talking to her mother on the phone, Sue was asked if she was behaving herself at college. She emphatically answered "absolutely" while shaking her head.

Hope that helps.

Good effort. Four stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great story

Yes I love my BTB stories . But I have a massive weakness for reconciliation stories especially when they are warranted . Yes alcohol is a pain in the backside sometimes and yes it’s a blessing sometimes. But this was a warranted reconciliation story. Yes you could feel the love they had for each other but that pesky thing called alcohol came into effect. And look what happened Amber got lucky next time he might not be more forgiving. ( definitely been watching to many hallmark movies I have lol ) . Anyway great story can’t wait to read more stories from you . And great start for a newbie so well done. You have all the markings of a talented writer in the midst of you so keep up these types of stories and you be a sure fire hit on this site .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I commented on your previous story about the need to work on your conversations between your characters they don't feel natural. Also, in real life no man is going to just walk away from the scene where his wife is naked in bed with another man. Yes, he might take a photo but he isn't going to walk away and just leave them unaware. That sort of action only happens in 'B' movies. A lot of authors spoil their stories by ignoring what would happen in real life in this type of situation. Fantasy has to make sense for a man to walk away from a situation like this without reacting to it just doesn't make sense.

mattenwmattenwabout 3 years ago

A beautifully told story, in which only one thing bothers me is that the husband pulls his tail after the discovery of cheating and runs off without fuss. And he even has the ability to take photos of the wine bottles. If I had been in his place, I would have blown the three of them first before I took any photos! I haven't read any more stories from you, but I'm waiting for more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It didn't make sense that he never asked her what happened. For all he knew she could have been drugged. Also didn't make sense that she didn't insist he hear her explanation. I think he chose flight, not fight, as he flew away from having any balls. Thanx..

Loklie

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So why didnt she have him charged with rape?

If she was drunk, she cant give consent.

Diecast1Diecast1about 3 years ago

I like the story a lot. AAA+++

chytownchytownabout 3 years ago

****You are a good storyteller this was very entertaining without the raw sex edge. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Thought it was very good with a somewhat real feel to it . Not sure if I wouldn’t have attacked him in the bed but to each his own . She was a hoe at one time and was comfortable with her friends very drunk and let it happen. I feel that even drunk you do dumb things but are still somewhat aware of what’s happening. I’m rarely a reconciliation guy but in this case I think it was good . One comment said they didn’t like that what happened was never addressed but I felt it was insinuated with the emails, for me anyway

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The story was good but I was bothered by the switching of perspective. I didnt find it necessary and it didnt add anything. There was no radical change. The man is more forgiving then I could be.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Real life

The story is close to what happens a lot in real life. BTB stories are great reads, while at the same time using less than real life means. Not all of us have that much money or friends with connections! Keep writing and expand your stories and don't let all of them end in a happy ever after, that's not real either. Keep writing you have a talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A very weirdly detached perspective of humanity and consequences. So he finds his wife in the arms of another man, and the only perspective given of the cheating is the wife essentially saying she got drunk and doesn't remember anything. Somehow her equally drunk, or not so drunk friend Lisa remembers everything, and it was some of the best sex ever. So the wife was so mentally incapacitated that her brain stopped functioning. But apparently her vagina and mouth continued to work just fine. But nowhere in all the monologues and descriptions and the report of communications do we see the husband actually getting the details of why his wife had become Brian's slut. The husband doesn't even bother to ask Brian and Lisa to explain. The husband's detachment from the details of the event brings into question how he can decide anything about his marriage since he apparently knows nothing about the night of fucking, how long his wife has been fucking around, who she has been fucking, does she love Brian and Lisa, does she plan to abandon him, etc.? All we know is that he traveled a lot, took some great photos, became very successful in his photography, and somehow became convinced he knew and understood what his wife had done. The whole story was like a stream of thought description that was missing one main ingredient: information and details about just exactly what his wife and done, why she did it, and what could she do to atone, restore, and explain her adultery.

Just weak and tepid story telling. We know more about his photography business than we know about his marriage, why it failed, and why he thought it could be resurrected.

But thanks for the effort.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 3 years ago

Well, it was his marriage so it was his call. Still, if it was me, I'd do a DNA test. Every time.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 3 years ago

My studio and gallery are doing great. We have hired a couple of photographers and have them railing my wife every night cause Im a cuck

RanDog025RanDog025almost 3 years ago

Great story! 5 stars. Why the hell is the score so low? A hell of a lot better writing skills from most authors here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ahhh just fock off with your cuck wimp sissy drivel. Git da fock unda yo rock and stop scribbling, yo talent free. Homo.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

BREATH. FFS. BREATH. not breathe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don't use "pure cuck" often. In fact, this was the first time. But when I do, this is the kind of story I mean.

I also don't use "irredeemable" often either. She has at least one threesome while he's out of town. And he decides "It'll be fine." Apparently, she keeps his manhood in a jar on the dresser.

RAAC means "no plausible reason to reconcile." This would fit nicely into that category. At least give the reader SOME reason to feel sympathy for the cheater.

Wh00sherWh00sherover 2 years ago

Read 2 of your stories, won't be reading anymore.

What drivel.

Take her back regardless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Definitely a 5. OK, I have a strong bias towards multiple first person perspectives. So this was right up my alley. Read a few of the comments, some were thoughtful, more were silly, then stopped bothering. Anyway, I found the story to be a tragedy which happily resolved itself away from that. RAAC sometimes makes sense. This is one of those cases where it does.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ok better ending.

Hard t fix a cheat episode but if she was drubk, maybe a chance.

Better if they drugged her or got her drunk on purpose as looks better for her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

RAAC authors should come with a short bus warning...

GarySmith69GarySmith69over 2 years ago

Well the writer states this was a one off thing. And the writer also states the wife was completely rat arsed while having the threesome. To me if the writer states it was a one off drunken slip with no prior offences then yes I can see this couple getting back together, its the old saying would you be better with her or without her? In my view the husband would be better with her. Im not sure the word "cuck" applies here the wife did not intend to have a threesome and she was completely drunk and at the mercy of two predators.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Earned reconciliations are not RAACs, and husbands who can understand and put aside that people are fallible and sometimes good / smart people do bad / dumb things aren't cucks.

Can't help wondering who Lilly's parents were and did they ever get any photos.

Thank you author. Good story.

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

This is a tough story to rate. Gave it 4 stars. Could have 3 or 5. Really have mixed feelings but that goes back to my own problems about 46 or so years ago ( I divorced her).

Well written. A one time mistake that was caused by too much booze, and so called friends (Brian and Lisa) that didn't give a s--- about anyone but themselves.

Keep writing "smokeandmirror".

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

Well written. And it's vital in an LW story for the adulterous wife to be a rounded character, and not merely a flat caricature. I hate when the wife is presented as a stupid, shallow bitch. Why then did the husband marry her?

.

Now on to some nitpicks. Where did LW writers pick up the habit of giving the exact height and weight of the husband and wife? It's unnecessary, and it's amateurish. And I have trouble with the "drink turned her lesbian" trope. Does Sam blow guys when he's drunk? No, Amber fucked Brian and Lisa because she wanted to, and the drink just loosened her inhibitions. Staying married to a bisexual woman might be a problem in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really solid story. Could do with a real editor as the changing points of view are poorly executed. 🌟🌟🌟🌟

LucasredLucasredabout 2 years ago
Excellent story

Very good. I gave it a 4,

Two things: Not Complement but Compliment and Not Loose but Lose. Minor details but I see both of these misused on this site regularly. Done nitpicking but the story was quite good.

skruff101skruff101about 2 years ago

Let me get this straight, he come home and finds the aftermath of a three in a bed romp and he has to think what he’s going to do, which begs the question what the hell was the author smoking when he penned this nonsense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why is he buying his wife of 5 years an engagement present?

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 2 years ago

Just barely a 4*

It would have been a solid 4 or marginal 5 if the wordsmithing had been better. The classic screwups are there and already mentioned (like complement and compliment). But “had went” and “done gone” show great carelessness (or worse) as do not knowing when ‘her’ should be used and when ‘she’ is correct.

Get an editor, LIT offers them (us) for free. Worth every penny!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I don't think I could be so forgiving and the "Ostrich" approach is just lousy.

WolfOfTheWorldWolfOfTheWorldalmost 2 years ago

She cheated, destroy her and her fuck buddies, physically and financially destroy Brian. The husbands in your stories are weak and soft.

Sordid999Sordid9996 months ago

This was a mediocre story that is very poorly written. The prose is clumsy and often awkward to read and the dialogue is absolutely awful. The author should delete the word 'utilize' from his vocabulary. I won't even mention the dozen other dumb mistakes.

The_John_YossarianThe_John_Yossarian2 months ago

Let's seeee.... the first reaction is to cry: check; the second reaction is to run away: check; obligatory rambling, mostly irrelevant backstory: check; family heirloom wedding ring: check; places himself incommunicado: check; Superman big brother: check; undertakes cliché of banking activities following strict LW story tropes: check; long rambling letter meant to crush wayward wife: check; passive-aggressive character: check; never confront or communicate despite normal humans being compelled to do so: check; Yep, it's a compliant Loving Wives Story. MC gets points for no car or firearm pr0n and not dazzling us with their knowledge of designer booze (i.e., "...a shot of 17.3-year-old Pappy Poobah's Amber Bronze Bourbon aged in boysenberry-infused oak barrels warehoused on the far side of the moon..."). Yeah, that. Two stars for formula compliance. I also agree with Sordid999's observation on over-utilization of 'utilize.'

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous