Soap Opera Ch. 01

Story Info
Sex and mystery on the set of a daytime television show.
16.6k words
4.8
13.8k
14

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/28/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is part of an ongoing series. The chronological order of my stories is now listed in WifeWatchman's biography.

Feedback and constructive criticism is very much appreciated, and I encourage feedback for ideas.

This story contains graphic scenes, language and actions that might be extremely offensive to some people. These scenes, words and actions are used only for the literary purposes of this story. The author does not condone murder, racial language, violence, rape or violence against women, and any depictions of any of these in this story should not be construed as acceptance of the above.

Dedicated to Macdonald Carey, Frances Reid, and all our past and present friends of 'Days of Our Lives'... in good ol' Salem, USA...

Part 1 - Prologue

The beautiful bride walked down the aisle in her white dress, her blonde hair falling in gentle curls past her shoulders. She came up to the handsome groom waiting on the slightly raised platform, his thick black hair perfectly styled, his suit fitting perfectly. The guests watched in admiration of the beautiful young couple as they sat in their wooden chairs. It was a beautiful day, perfect for an outdoor wedding.

As the bride and groom joined hands, looking at each other with love in their eyes, the ceremony began.

"Dearly beloved," intoned the minister, "we are gathered together here in the sight of God, and in the face of this company of witnesses to join together this man and this woman in Holy Matrimony..."

As the minister said "If any man can show just cause, why they may not lawfully be joined together, let him speak now or forever hold his peace...", a slender, handsome young man with light brown hair stood up.

"I object to this marriage!" said the man. As the guests gasped in shock, and the bride and groom turned to him in stunned surprise, he said "The bride is already married... to me."

Tension filled the air, and it seemed the groom was going to square off against this unexpected rival...

"CUT!"

Part 2 - Day of 'Days'

Filming stopped as the director, Ken Moore came around from the side of the area. Moore was average height and build, with black hair and cheekbones and a jaw that were a collection of sharp angles. His eyes were dark, but had a sparkle when they caught the light, especially when he was 'into it' directing his scenes.

"Okay, that's very good." Ken said. "The next scene is going to be Danny explaining to Thomas and Carolyn and the preacher. All of you in the seats as guests, you did great. Just keep looking shocked... as if this had happened at your wedding."

This... was 'Days of Promise', the hottest daytime soap opera on television today. It is said that this show's suspense, intimations of morally corrupt sex at every turn, and steaming hot scenes that were nothing short of softcore pornography, had saved daytime television as a whole. It was seen in the Town & County on KXTC.

It was Tuesday, May 8th. The northern half of the Fairgrounds had several trailers set up, as well as huge tent huts, canvas on metal frames that housed operational aspects of the filming. The wedding scene was on a stage just south of those.

"Okay," said the Director. "I'm going back to my trailer for a few minutes. Everyone get your next set of lines and be ready for this afternoon." With that, he walked off. Several of the actors headed to one of the tents, where the next sets of lines would be distributed. They'd have less than three hours to learn them completely.

I was standing just south of the set, looking over the crowd. I was wearing my kevlar-lined light grey jacket and pants, and a thin black pullover shirt, made of material that wicked moisture away from my body. My badge was on my belt and my gun under my left armpit in its holster. And yes, I had on the 'girdle'.

Next to me was my wife Laura. She was looking smoking hot in a white dress, very high heel blue sandals that seemed form-fitted to her shapely, elegant feet, and she had her hair pulled back and styled in a fashion that brought the term '1940s' to my mind. It was reminiscent of May Cialis's hairstyles, though Laura was not wearing a 1940s-style dress. And yes, Laura was taller than me while wearing those heels, but I didn't mind; I liked having this gorgeous Amazon babe on my arm...

I saw Todd Burke and Teresa Croyle get up and come over to us. They had been sitting among the 'guests' in the rows of wooden chairs. Todd was wearing a suit and collared shirt, but no tie, looking every bit the handsome young executive that he was. Teresa was wearing a clingy flower-print dress and wooden high heel slides, and she looked 'smashing' herself.

I had noticed during the morning that Todd had taken every opportunity to take her hand in his, and had been introducing her to everyone as if he were showing off his Princess Bride... which she would be in less than two weeks. Laura had said to me that Todd was showing off Teresa like she (Laura) showed me off, with great pride and love. That warmed my heart, and loins, and of course I replied that I felt the same way when I got to introduce her (Laura) to people.

"Looks like the party has already started." I heard from behind me. It was a female voice, and it belonged to the beautiful blonde Callie Carrington. She was wearing an electric blue dress that was showing off her luscious feminine charms, and white high-heel peep-toe pumps. She was creating some electricity in me and a lot of men in the area.

But her heart was taken by the lovely platinum blonde next to her. Cindy Ross was wearing a dark blue skirt and jacket, and a light blue pullover shirt that showed off her naturally large breasts and toned, flat abs. She was also wearing high heel dark blue pumps, which shaped her legs and ass to perfection. And she had her badge on her belt and her gun in a holster similar to the way I was carrying mine.

"Wow, you two look great!" I said as they came up to us.

"Just trying to keep up with you two." Cindy replied as Todd and Teresa came up.

"What brings you here, Todd?" I asked. "I didn't know you liked soap operas."

Todd grinned his brilliantly handsome grin. "I'm just showing off the loveliest bride-to-be in the world." he said, making Teresa blush a bit. "And we're also here because we got an invitation to visit. Access-All-Areas passes."

"Who sent that?" I asked, for some reason more than idly curious.

"We don't know." said Teresa. "The sender was anonymous, but the note with the passes said that someone wanted to meet Todd and it would be worth it for him to come visit the set. I checked it out; the letter was from Culver City, California, where 'Days of Promise' is normally filmed, and we were on the All-Access guest list. And just like his uncle, Todd wanted to walk right into the 'trap'."

A red crowbar was waved in her general direction. Yes, I was carrying it. After all, it's my 'Palladium'. Then Todd asked "Why are you here, Uncle Don? Besides showing off the hottest professor on Campus?"

Laura gave Todd a warm smile at that. She said "I received an All-Access pass, as well. From one of the actresses on the show, Maria Del Fuentes." Maria was a Latina woman, and she was extremely beautiful. Her presence on the show was a ratings driver, and her steamy love scenes either enthralled or scandalized viewers. Fan clubs placed wagers as they wondered if she was actually fucking her male actors under the covers during those scenes. She would never confirm nor deny anything, only adding to the mystique.

"And I'm quietly watching over the security." I said. "What about you, Cindy? Callie?"

Callie said "Benny Black was one of my male porn stars, and then he got hired onto 'Days of Promise' as a minor character. He's done so well that his role grew. He invited me and Cindy to come over."

As we talked, I noticed another couple among the 'guests'. They were Cal and Drusilla Romano the hot Italian couple that could easily be cast in this daytime television program. He was in a dark gray suit and red tie that stood out like a beacon. She was wearing a bright red dress that definitely got attention, and very high heel light tan strappy sandals on her shapely feet. They were standing on the other side of the set, looking around. For some reason, it appeared to me that Drusilla looked very wary, or nervous, as she looked around. Cal had a blank look on his face, which, sorry to say, wasn't all that atypical of him.

"Cindy," I said quietly to my cousin and Police partner, "you see Cal and Dru over there?"

"Oh yeah, the Romanos... oh wow." Cindy said. As she looked up at me, I just nodded, and she said "Yep, there's a vibe there. She's nervous about something."

"And they're not coming over here to talk to us." I said, remembering that Laura and I had swapped with them in hot sexual encounters at Lake Watchacoochie less than two weeks before. "Keep and eye on them."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The other 'guests' at the wedding were mostly winners of contests, the "Win an Appearance on the 'Days of Promise' show!" type of contests, and most were elderly couples. They got tours of the facilities and were shown all the 'behind the scenes' things that most people had no idea about.

"Okay, everyone!" said an older Asian woman from the podium of the set. "Take your places, please! We'll begin shooting in five minutes!"

"That's our Assistant Director. We call her 'The Madam'." said a handsome young man that had just suddenly appeared in our midst. He had black hair, a handsome face, a fit body, a charming smile. He was not nearly as tall as Laura or me, but was taller than most men here. He had a very large bulge in his pants, which Laura was noticing. He was wearing black pants and shoes, and a white collared shirt that was halfway unbuttoned, and no necktie.

"Hi Callie!" he said, as if he'd just noticed her. "I'm glad you came over."

"Hi Benny!" Callie said. They hugged each other and Benny kissed Callie on the lips. "You remember Cindy, don't you?" she said.

"How could I forget a woman this beautiful?" said Benny with a handsome smile. "Hi, Cindy. How are things with you?" he said, hugging my platinum blonde cousin but not kissing her like he had kissed Callie.

"Good. Really good." Cindy replied, then said in introduction: "Benny Black, this is my cousin, Don Troy, and his wife Laura."

"Ah, the Iron Crowbar?" Benny said as he shook my hand enthusiastically. "And you must be Dr. Fredricson." he said, shaking Laura's hand as he looked up at her. "Maria Del Fuentes wants to meet you; she was talking about it earlier today."

"Nice to meet you." Laura said. "Yes, do tell Ms. Del Fuentes to come see me when she gets a chance." Maria was part of the 'wedding party' on the stage, and I saw her taking her place there.

"I don't have a part in this scene." said Benny. "That's Thomas Cromwell playing the groom. He's from England. He joined the cast just a few months ago, and the tabloid Media made a sensation out of him. The bride is Carolyn Chastain. She's been the star of the show for two years now... and she knows it." Callie giggled.

"Listen to you." teased Callie. "Sounding like you've been here for years, but I know you joined the cast just three months ago." Benny laughed.

"That's true." he said. "I don't know if it's good or bad that no one has really recognized me from doing Carrington adult films."

"They were all watching Callie in those films." said Cindy. "With her in sight, hard to see anyone else."

"Awww, you sweetie." Callie said with her beautiful smile, putting her right arm around Cindy in a hug for the compliment.

"They're about to start." said Benny. "I just wanted to ask if you know who Todd Burke is, and if he came today."

"He's on the set, being one of the 'guests'." said Callie. "Back left."

"Thanks." said Benny. "I want to meet him. I'll talk to you later. Nice meeting you all." With that, Benny strode over to the other side of the set, staying well away from it as 'The Madam' gave the 30 second signal. Everyone took their places.

"Aaaaaaand... action!" said the director Ken Moore. We watched as the 'groom' Thomas asked the interloper 'Dan' who he was and what he was doing here. 'Dan' replied that 'Carolyn' was his wife. Everyone looked at her, seeing her eyes go from shock to guilt. 'Thomas' than asked his bride what was going on, and there were further exchanges of words, 'filler' lines meant to consume time. Then the 'minister' suggested they go to a side room to discuss the matter.

"CUT!" yelled the director. As everyone relaxed, Ken said "That was really good, everyone! We won't be shooting on this set any more today. Guests are invited to the Dining Tent for lunch. Please don't go past the ropes where the cast and crew are eating; we'll have an autograph session later this afternoon." He stalked off as 'The Madam' began guiding the 'guests' towards one of the big tents behind the set (to the north, as the crow flies).

I noticed that Benny Black had gone up to Todd and Teresa, but I was then distracted as a vision of pure Latina beauty came off the stage and towards us. "Hi, I'm Maria Del Fuentes. Are you Dr. Fredricson?" she asked breathlessly.

"Yes, that's me." said Laura as they shook hands. Maria, like most of the cast, was very short, no more than 5'2" tall, and Laura towered over her. Most actresses and actors are much shorter than they appear to be on television or the movie screen. I remember meeting Charlton Heston once, and had been very surprised that he was very short in real life. They must've used 'stagecraft' to make him look tall in the movies...

"Oh! I'm so glad to finally meet you!" Maria said, acting as if she were meeting the daytime superstar instead of the other way around. "I am a huge fan of your work. I read your book on women's sexuality, and it changed my life!"

Laura seemed surprised. "I'm glad you liked it." she said. "I must admit I've never been told that any of my books are 'life changing'. Oh, this is my husband, Don Troy."

"Oh my goodness! The Iron Crowbar!" Maria all but squealed. "Benny Black said he'd met your cousin! You're Dr. Fredricson's husband?"

"Yes, very lucky for me." I said, shaking Maria's hand in the manner of taking it in mine as if I were going to kiss it, and very slightly pulling it towards me. Maria's dark eyes sparkled a little bit at that.

"Would you both like to have lunch with me?" Maria asked Laura.

"Sure." Laura said. I'd turned around to introduce Cindy and Callie, but they were nowhere to be seen. I did see Benny Black walking with Todd and Teresa towards the Dining Tent.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

As we'd been talking to Maria, Benny Black had approached the couple just getting out of their chairs on the set. "Are you Todd Burke?" he asked.

"Yes, I am." said Todd, shaking hands with Benny as Teresa warily sized up the stranger. "And you are?"

"I'm Benny Black, one of the actors on the show." said Benny. "I'm the one that sent you the All-Access passes. And you must be Todd's fiancée, Teresa." She shook his proffered hand.

"Yesss..." Teresa said. "And I see why you sent the passes and wanted to meet Todd. You're related to him, aren't you?"

Benny smiled his charming smile, which closely resembled Todd's own smile. "That's what I wanted to talk to you about. Will you both join me for lunch?..."

Part 3 - Burke Family Values

The Dining Tent was a very large, long rectangle, with white canvas roofing and sides. Tables were set up longwise for most of it, and the cafeteria-style serving area was along the right side as one came into the tent. At the far end was an area marked off by big velvet ropes, and square tables for four persons were set up beyond it. That area was guarded by Security; it was for the cast only.

As Maria Del Fuentes led us to the entrance of the roped-off area, she told the Security man that Laura and I were her guests. Laura showed her All-Access pass. Before I could get mine out, Patrolman Culver, who was augmenting Security today, said to the Security man "That's our Police Commander. He's good to go." The Security man nodded and let us in.

As we sat down with our plates of delicious-looking and delicious-smelling food, I said to Laura "Look over there at Benny Black and Todd. Do you see what I see?" She looked behind her at them, then gasped.

"Oh my God." she said. "They could be related!"

"More than 'could be', if I don't miss my guess." I said. "I'd say the mystery of the All-Access passes for Todd and Teresa is solved, as well as how Benny knew so much about us. They're related, all right... maybe even brothers of different mothers, sired by one Michael Burke." Laura was wide-eyed in surprise; Maria, wide-eyed in fascination.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"I grew up in San Jose, California." said Benny Black, talking quietly as he, Todd, and Teresa enjoyed their delicious lunches at their table. "My mother raised me. She had a job with the Tourism Bureau, and booked reservations for the Civic Center there. We didn't have a lot, but it was okay. My mother's brother and his wife helped raise me, as well. Still, I fell in with the rougher crowds out there, learned how to fight and how to hustle, but my uncle would always rein me in. He beat my ass down a few times when I got out of line."

"I have an uncle like that." said Todd. Teresa failed to suppress a grin at that one.

"I never knew who my father was." said Benny. "My mother dated guys, sometimes dated men that came in for the conventions. Not like a whore for money, but she had a lot of one night stands. I always figured that my father was one of those guys that knew my mother all of one night... and to a point, I was right."

"I was out in California, minding my own business, having a good career in Callie Carrington's Porn World, when this guy showed up at my apartment. He said he was a lawyer from the City near here, that he knew who my father was, and that I had a brother who was the CEO of a rich company. He said my father's name was Michael Burke, who had a company in this State that was inherited by his other son, my brother, whose name was Todd."

"Not exactly." said Teresa. "Todd bought out Burke Enterprises, rolled it into his own company. He didn't inherit anything from his father."

"Yes, I know." said Benny. "What happened is that this sleazeball wanted to sue to get my part of the inheritance, and I would pay him only if I won. I said I'd get back to him, and then I asked my mom about my father for the first time. She said she'd dated a man named Michael Burke when he was spending a lot of time in San Jose doing some kind of business there. They had an affair for several months, off and on. He got her pregnant, but he was already married with a family, so he arranged for her to get some money every month from a trust. That ended when I turned 18, less than three years ago."

"So," continued Benny, "Annemarie hooked me up with a more decent lawyer and a Private Investigator from this area. And I learned about you, Todd, and about your company, and that you'd bought out your dad's holdings. So, I knew I had no legitimate claim of any inheritance. His personal money was put in a trust for his first wife, who is in prison... for killing your brother from your mother's side of your family."

Benny went on: "I also found out that you had a fiancée that was a policewoman that rescued a child from a burning building." He looked at Teresa and said "That's badass. I'm amazed."

"It wasn't just burning, it exploded." said Todd. "The little girl she rescued was my cousin. And yes, she's a badass." He grinned his brilliant grin at Teresa, who smiled shyly, then turned to Benny.