Soccer Women Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Okay, you're crazy. And what about the rest of it."

"Well, you've never really told me just how attractive she is. I figured the way you described her she was good looking. But Wow!" She is drop dead gorgeous. So again, if you were somehow bringing me into that loop..."

"Okay, well, you can think what you want but I am not happy I did it and I would rather it not go any further than you have already discussed it."

"You mean with Megan?"

"Yes, with Megan."

"Okay. I promise. Now let me change real quick so we can get to dinner."

During dinner, the conversations were lively and there were often more than one conversation going on at the same time. During a side conversation with Katie and Carol, Katie asked her mother, "Mom, does it bother you at all that I am marrying another woman?"

"Of course not, sweetheart. What's important is that you're happy, and Melanie is a wonderful woman and I know you two will be happy together. Unfortunately, there are people who will want to put their notions of what's right onto you. But I am sure you two are strong enough that you won't let that be a problem for the both of you. Why do you ask?"

"Well, Jo and Margaret are getting serious. And over the winter break, they spent time at each other's homes. Not like an official 'meeting the parents' kind of thing, but just to get everyone to know each other. But Margaret's mom kind of figured out how serious it is getting between Jo and Margaret. And she apparently made it very clear she not happy. Now Jo says it is not because she is a woman but I am sure that is part of it. It caused a real problem between Margaret and her mom."

"Sometimes people come around hon. For my generation, sex between two women or two men was thought to be something bad and most of us never talked about it or thought about it. So now that we are adults, you still find that. But your generation is far more accepting. So when you are the adults, you will react differently than people my age. What did you tell me, 'You do you.' That might be the best single piece of advice I ever got from anyone. And it came from you. I know you've found the right person and I am very happy for you. Just like when I met your father. I do miss him so." Carol was quiet for a moment and her gaze drifted toward Jen. "I wonder if I will ever feel love like that again."

Katie heard her mother say this, although it was not really directed at anyone, she just said it. But Katie followed her eyes and saw where she was looking. At that moment, Jen looked over from her own conversation and caught Carol's eye. She smiled but went back to the conversation.

Carol had just looked down when Melanie brought her into the conversation Melanie, Jen and Jo were having. "Carol, help my mom and me out. Did you have any problems when you played soccer in front of crowds with the people watching you?"

"Oh, no one watched me, dear. I was a defender. They watched the girl with the ball. They saw me, but they didn't watch me." Melanie stared at her dumbfounded, mouth agape. Katie and Jen (both having played forward positions in soccer) had looks of shocked surprise. Margaret was giggling. Jo clapped her hands together once and then raised her arms over her head.

Jessica looked at everyone else at the table and thought to herself in consternation "Athletes."

After dinner they went to a show and had an excellent time. They walked back to their hotel and as they walked through the casino on the way to the elevators, Katie said "Wait a minute, I have to do something." She went over to the roulette table and fished a single chip and placed it on double 00. When the croupier spun the wheel, they all watch as the ball went around and finally came to a stop. On 17 Black.

Jessica said, "Katie, 00 is an unusual roulette bet, why did you choose that?"

"Sometimes you just have to bet 00." And with that she smiled and walked toward the elevators.

When they got to their floor, everyone went off toward their room. The first door they hit was Katie's and Melanie's room. Everyone said good night and there were few hugs. As they continued down the hall, Jo and Margaret got to their room. Again, there were "Good night" calls and more hugs.

When they hit the room for Jessica and Carol, it was now very obvious that Jen was by herself. They said good night to each other and there was a hesitant hug between Carol and Jen. Jen and Jessica just looked at each other and Jen said "Well, see you both tomorrow."

As she started to walk away Jessica said, "Jen, we have two beds. Would you want to come in with us?"

Jen stopped and turned around. She looked at Carol but could not read her expression. Then she looked at Jessica and said, "No. Thanks for asking. I'll be fine." And she turned to go to her room.

When the got inside Carol asked Jessica "Why did you invite her in here?" Jessica could not really tell if Carol was upset, or disappointed, or just curios. She thought that maybe Carol wasn't sure herself.

"She was alone and it just seemed like a polite thing to do."

"And where did you expect her to sleep, in your bed or in mine?"

"Actually, I expected her to sleep in her own bed and I expected us to be sleeping together. Or was I being presumptuous?"

"Uh, no. Of course. Yes. Yes, I would like to. Thanks."

Jessica smiled a little at Carol acting so nervous, like this was their first time together. "Carol, are you okay?"

"Yes. I'm sorry. I'm just being silly. Look, I know that nothing is going to happen with Jen and me. And so, it shouldn't matter if she sees me with someone else. But she's getting over a long-term relationship and I don't want to rub it in."

"Why are you so sure nothing will ever happen with Jen?"

"It's still just so awkward for us. And the few times that there might have been an opening for us, she shut it down. I think we'll become great friends again, but that will be it."

"You still want it to be more." Jessica was not asking. She knew it was a statement of fact.

"I know. But it's not just about what I want, is it?"

"Well, it's been a long day and to be honest, I would just as soon go to sleep now, if that's okay with you?"

"That's fine. I'll just sleep over there and..."

"Carol, I was kind of hoping you'd hold me as we both fell asleep."

"Oh yes. That would be nice Jessica. I would love that."

Jessica still couldn't get over how this strong, independent woman was suddenly acting like a nervous schoolgirl. Carol really had it bad for Jen, but she had already decided that nothing would come of it. Maybe it was a defense mechanism, but she was fighting with herself over that. Jessica wondered how it would all turn out. And if there was anything she could do to nudge things in the right direction.

With the lights off and them lying in bed, Carol stretched out and Jessica cuddled back into her in a spooning position. Jessica felt Carol's warmth envelop her and their being together seemed to quell Carol's inner struggle. Carol had put her hand on Jessica's hip and Jessica put her own hand into Carol's

As the lay against each other, holding hands, Carol leaned up so she could speak into Jessica's ear. She said "Can you do me a favor tomorrow? That girl Margaret, the friend of Jo's, she seems to be having some issue with her parents being very unhappy about some choices she is making. I thought maybe you could talk to her a little. Just to let her know that you can stay true to yourself and be happy."

"Sure Carol, I will talk to her if she'll talk to me about it."

"Thanks, hon. You are such a wonderful person. I am so glad that I have you in my life." And Carol kissed Jessica on the cheek and squeezed her hand.

Jessica noticed how calm Carol had become. She was always thinking about others and her concern for her daughter's friend had caused her to put her own turmoil aside. It was true that Jessica was estranged from her parents and that Carol was the closest person she had to a mother now. Jessica cuddled back into Carol just a little bit more. Tonight, she was with Carol the nurturer. Maybe tomorrow night she could be with Carol the lover.

The next morning as people woke up, they found a note under their door. Jo had given them an itinerary as she had things planned out for the whole day. Everyone had their own free time in the morning. They could go to the pool and sun if they wanted or they could sleep in. They could even do their own exploring but everyone was expected back at the lobby at noon.

Carol, Katie and Melanie took the hotel shuttle to the airport since Katie's sisters, Abigail and Brianna were flying in together. A few old teammates were also coming, but they were arriving later and would catch up with the rest of them at dinner. While there were going to be activities during the day and some tomorrow, tonight was the time everyone knew they really wanted to be in attendance.

By noon, they had a group of ten as Elizabeth Stanz, the goalie from the Blue Lightning Team on which Katie and Melanie played, had arrived for the festivities. The hotel shuttle would take them to their lunch location. Then it was a long walk back, but there were planned stops on the way.

The first stop was for a group mani-pedi. Jo wouldn't let them get dessert at the lunch because of time constraints. Since they were a big group, she had made a specific appointment for this. There had been a little bit of grumbling at the restaurant. However, after a little pampering at this stop, everyone was back to being in a happy and somewhat rowdy mood.

They continued the walk back to the hotel, stopping at shops along the way. When they got back, they had about an hour and a half to get ready for the evening. It was to start with dinner, then some dancing at club and finally back to Jo's and Margaret's room for the grand finale. Jo told everyone and made sure the late arrivals all knew, be in the lobby at 6:30pm sharp or you get left behind.

Carol and Jessica went back to their room. Carol let Jessica shower first and then Jessica got dressed while Carol went into the shower. Jessica was just about ready when she realized she had left something in her car. "Carol, I left something in my car. I have to go down and get it. Are you going to be ready in time?"

"Yes, no problem. I already know what I'm wearing. Should I meet you downstairs?"

"No, I'll come back up. See you in a minute."

Carol came out of the bathroom wearing only a pair of bright pink panties. She went over to her suitcase and pulled out a hot pink blouse with a plunging neckline that went below her breasts. The blouse had two buttons right at her bosom, so the blouse hung open from just below Carol's diaphragm. This showed off her new belly button piercing as well. Next, she retrieved a black mini skirt that only went down to about her mid-thigh. If she bent over at the waist, everyone would be able to see her panties. She finished off the ensemble a pair of bright pink, open-toed shoes with four-inch heels.

When Jessica came back into the room from her car she said, "Oh Baby!"

"Do you like it?"

"You know I love it. I bought it. But it even looks better on your then I had imagined it would."

"I don't know, maybe it's too much?"

"Carol, no. We're in Vegas. We are here for your daughter's bachelorette party. She is marrying someone you keep telling me is perfect for Katie. Tonight, it all about fun. Tonight, you are not allowed to think about anything else. You are not allowed to think about anyone else. You are to just have fun. Enjoy every second of it. I'm serious now."

"Okay, yes ma'am." Carol smiled and saluted Jessica.

"Oooohhh. I love the piercing too. You're gonna make these young girls feel like waifs. Carol blushed but she also smiled.

As they made their way to the elevator to head to the lobby, Jessica said, "People are going to think I must be some famous person."

"Why's that."

"Because of the eye candy I'm gonna have walking out of the elevator with me." They looked at each other and smiled. Then Jessica looked over Carol's shoulder and said, "And it just got better."

Carol turned and saw Jen walking down the hallway towards them. She thought "Jessica had been right. Drop dead gorgeous." Before her mind would let her mouth form words, Jen said "Hey, Carol. You look really sexy."

"Thanks Jen. You look absolutely stunning."

They looked at each other for a few seconds not saying anything, so Jessica said, "Yes, Jen. That dress is very becoming." Jen turned toward Jessica but just then the chime indicating the elevator had arrived sounded. Saved by the bell.

They got in the elevator but for the ride down there was mostly awkward silence. To break it, Jessica said "It's a good thing the elevator came when it did. It's getting awful close to 6:30 and that Jo seems like she means business. I don't want us to get left behind."

In fact, at that very moment Jo was worried about the same thing. It was almost 6:30 and neither of the brides' mothers were here yet. She knew she'd have to wait for them, but she had a very strict timetable of events. Anytime lost here would mean less time dancing at the club. Because they had to be back at the hotel for her "epic finale."

Katie, Melanie, Jo and Margaret were all standing together. Every time an elevator door opened, Jo turned to see if it was Carol and Jen finally coming. Eventually when the door opened and Carol and Jen walked out of the elevator, Jo just said, "WOW!"

The others looked as well and naturally; Katie's eye was drawn to her mother first. When she saw how her mother was dressed, she said, "Hey, Jo. Be careful. That's my mom."

"Sorry, Katie, but it's not your mom this time. It's hers." Katie now looked toward Jen and said, "Oh." in a voice that clearly showed she had now seen what Jo had meant.

"Hey, Katie. Be careful. That's my mom." Melanie said playfully.

Margaret finally added, "Well, it only makes sense that two beautiful girls would come from such beautiful moms."

By now Carol, Jen and Jessica had made it over to the group. Katie was the first one to react. "Mom, you do know where going out in public, right?"

"Oh Katie, it's Vegas. Don't be such a party pooper."

"Well, I think you look as gorgeous as ever Ms. Rogers. You too Ms. Smith."

"Well, thanks Margaret." said Jen and they all headed out to the parking lot to get into the party bus.

Dinner was a great time. Carol did make sure that sitting on the other side of Jessica was Margaret. She knew that would give Jessica some time to talk to Margaret and help ease her mind regarding the issue with her parents.

When they got to the dance club, Carol seemed to take Jessica's instructions to heart. She took her high heels off and went straight to the dance floor. She was the life of the party and everyone was drawn to her. She danced with Jessica. Then Jo and Margaret came over and the four of them all danced together. At some point, Jessica and Margaret started dancing just them and Carol and Jo partnered up.

Pretty soon, Katie and Melanie arrived as well. Carol inwardly laughed at her daughter's protective streak but outside she just kept smiling and having fun. Then Abigail and Brianna came out and the four Rogers girls all danced together.

At some point Jessica said to Carol, "I'm getting a little tired and I think I want to take a break."

"Okay but I don't want these youngsters to think I can't cut it. So, I'm gonna stay out here a little longer if that's okay?"

"Yes. I ordered you to have fun. Have it."

Jessica left the dance floor and got herself a drink. When she got back to the tables they had, Jen was sitting there by herself. Jessica sat next to her and said, "I think you might be the only one Carol hasn't danced with yet."

"Well, I'm not much of a dancer." They both sipped their drinks in silence before Jen said, "Can I ask what you meant when Carol first introduced us when you said you were more honored to meet me than you realized. To be candid, that's an odd thing to say."

Jessica stared at her for a few seconds without saying anything. Finally Jen said "If that is too personal a question, you don't have to answer."

"No, it's not that. I don't think Carol would want me to explain it, but I think I should. But it is something that she feels embarrassed about. She shouldn't, but you know Carol." Jen nodded her head. "So just promise me you won't tease her about it."

"Okay, I promise." Jen was now somewhat intrigued by this.

"Carol and I have a very unique relationship. I am estranged from my parents. And when I graduated from my master's program, Carol came to my graduation. She sends me birthday cards and Christmas cards. Whenever I have good news, she is the first person I call. So in some ways we have almost a mother-daughter relationship. But we also have a physically intimate relationship as well. We only get together every now and then, but we tend to make up for lost time."

"Oh. I didn't know." said Jen. She looked almost dejected and Jessica was pleased to see that. Not that she wanted to cause Jen any pain, but that meant that Jen had feelings for Carol and that Jessica and Carol might have something that would shut Jen out.

This was exactly what Jessica had been hoping for. Since the previous night, she knew that if she had a chance, she would try to work a little magic and maybe help get Carol and Jen together. Since she knew that Carol was now resolved not to make a first move, she had to see if she could get Jen to do it. And Jen's reaction to Jessica's sexual relationship with Carol might provide that catalyst.

Jessica continued "Over the course of our sexual encounters she has called out your name three times."

Jen had a smile come across her lips for a moment, but then she said "Oh, I'm sorry."

Jessica had been watching closely for reactions and the smile told her she was on the right track. "No. Don't be. I think it's actually a beautiful thing. The first time I was curious, so I asked her who "'Jen' was. And she wouldn't say much. But after the second and third time, I wouldn't let her get away without telling me the story. And that's how I found out how deeply she had been in love with you."

Jen's eyes shot open at this. And while she didn't say anything, Jessica was looking for reactions and this was just another confirmation for her.

Jessica continued. "Well, to me, the fact that she connects something so precious and important to her with me, I actually feel honored. As for the rest, well for all that we ended up talking about you, Carol never described for me just how beautiful you are. So then when I saw you, well being connected in Carol's mind with someone so beautiful, it was even more special than I realized."

"Most people wouldn't see it that way."

"I know. Carol says basically the same thing. But I am not most people. I'm not going to judge them because they don't think like me, but at the same time, I am not going to be too concerned about their opinion if they judge me."

"I'll be honest. I think I would be upset if I were with her and she called out someone else's name."

"Well, Jen, I am certain that if you were with Carol, she would never call out anyone else's name. Not even mine." Jen smiled at this.

Jessica continued "Jen, Carol loves you. But you know Carol. She is so concerned about how it might impact everyone else. She is not going to try to pursue it. She had resigned herself to the notion that her love for you will be unrequited. Will it, Jen? Will it be forever unrequited? Now, you don't have to answer that question now, and you don't have to answer that question to me. But eventually you need to answer it to her."

At that Jessica motioned to Carol who was coming over to the table from the dance floor. "Wooo. Those kids are going to be the death of me. What are you two talking about?"