Soccer Women Ch. 02

Story Info
Soccer Women Ch. 01 - Part 1 Viva Las Vegas.
7.5k words
4.63
9.1k
25

Part 2 of the 21 part series

Updated 08/07/2023
Created 10/11/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Soccer Women Ch. 2

On the way home from the Airport, Katie and Melanie got a text from Jo. Melanie's car was able to read out the text and the electronic voice said to them, "Can you guys come to the dorm when you get back. We had a little issue over the break and Margaret would love to have the company." Katie texted her back that they had left the airport and they would come right to the dorm.

When they got to Jo's dorm room, Margaret was in the bathroom. This gave Melanie the chance to ask, "So what happened?"

"Well, it seemed that her mom, or I guess technically her step-Mom...I didn't know that her mom had died when she was a baby."

"I knew." said Melanie. When both Jo and Katie looked at her in shock, she added "She knew about my dad, so we talked a little bit about that before. It's not the kind of thing you talk about with others much, but it was something both her and I could relate to."

"Well, anyway. We didn't say anything or do anything really but somehow her stepmom kind of figured out that we were an item and she wasn't happy about it."

"Because you're a woman?" asked Katie.

"Actually, I don't think that was it. I think she didn't want Margaret doing anything but studying. She apparently was very much against the cheerleading too. She's not a bigot, just a control freak and maybe trying to live a life she didn't have through Margaret. I don't know."

"How did things go with Margaret and your parents?" Melanie asked.

"Oh fine. My parents loved her but they didn't suspect a thing. There was nothing that they said about Margaret and me as 'us.'" The only thing my mom said was she knew I had a major decision in my life ahead of me and that I should go with my heart, not my head. She knows I am going to start hearing from law schools soon about getting accepted."

Melanie thought that maybe Angelina Napoli was a lot more perceptive than Jo realized and that her mother's advice had nothing to do with which law school she should choose. But Melanie did not say anything to Jo about it.

When Margaret came through the door, she saw Katie and Melanie and gave out a very loud shriek. She ran over to Melanie and threw her arms around her. "What are you guys doing here. I didn't think I would get to see you until tomorrow night at dinner."

Melanie said "We didn't want to wait that long to see you and Jo. So, we came right over." Melanie pulled Margaret into a tight hug again and whispered in her ear "and because Jo asked us to come and say 'Hi' to you." Margaret then went over and gave Katie a very big hug as well. Then she went over to where Jo was sitting in a chair and sat in her lap and put her arm around Jo. Melanie had whispered to her because Jo had called surreptitiously, just for Margaret's sake. Jo was not looking for credit and she wasn't going to tell Margaret that she had done it. But Melanie felt that Margaret should know that Jo was thinking about her happiness and so were Katie and her.

They spent the next hour talking about the wedding dresses and did not talk about how things had gone at Margaret's home. It was getting late and tomorrow was the first day of classes for all of them so Katie and Melanie said good night. They offered to walk Margaret back to her dorm, but she said "Well, if it's okay with Jo, maybe I'll just spend the night here."

"That sounds like a great idea to me." said Jo and so Katie and Melanie went back to the car and drove home.

Katie and Melanie lay in bed, too tired to do much but not quite ready to go to sleep. Katie was lying on her back and Melanie was cuddled up beside her with her head on Katie's chest. Katie was slowing running her fingers through Melanie's hair. Melanie said, "I feel bad for Jo."

"Why Jo? This seems to be more Margaret's issue."

"It is. But Margaret has Jo and she has us. She'll be okay. When my dad died, I had my mom and my grandparents. When your dad died, you had your whole family and you had me." At that moment, Katie leaned down and kissed the top of Melanie's head. "But when whatever happened with that girl in high school with Jo, she didn't have anyone. It must have been so rough."

"Well, now she has Margaret and she has us."

"For now. But next year Margaret, you and I will still all be here and we don't know where Jo will be."

"No sense in worrying about that now. When we find out where she is going, we'll make plans then. You've said it yourself; she and Margaret are too important to us to let them just drift off. And who knows where we'll be the year after that. Maybe we'll be really close to Jo, and Margaret can come see the three of us."

This spring semester was going to be a lot less stressful than the last one. Melanie did not have the pressure of having to get the 3.5 GPA and now that the Soccer season was over, the girls had a bit more free time. That did not mean that Soccer was over. Although rules limited what they could do formally as a team, the girls could get together voluntarily if they wanted to do so.

Right away, Katie started to get texts from various team members about when they could all get together to work out. Tradition had been that the Team Captain set up the times and was basically in charge. Again, this was all voluntary, but a strong Captain set a strong example and the whole Team assumed Katie would have an active off season for them. The thing was that, to a woman, they were all looking forward to that. Katie was very pleased and very proud to see that winning the National Championship had left the team wanting more and that no one was going to rest on their laurels.

Katie set up the first work out and everyone was there. Even Melanie and Jo. It was not uncommon for seniors who had played their last game to not always come to these. It was not their love for Katie that got Melanie and Jo to come to the workouts, but their respect for her as a soccer player and as the Captain. Katie was very happy as she knew this set a good example for the younger players.

At the end of the workout (they couldn't officially call it a practice), the question arose as to when the next one would be. Katie's response was, "I don't know. Neve, when do you want us to come next." Katie had already spoken to her and asked her to step forward now since she was the natural leader for the team next year. And for the rest of the semester, Neve led these sessions and Katie did whatever Neve said and so it was clear to everyone that the torch had been passed to Neve.

The lighter schedule also meant that Melanie was able to come to the basketball games and watch Margaret cheer. When they reached the part of the routine where Margaret is lifted up high, she scanned the crowd for the three of them and gave them a wink. Then she was thrown upwards and spun and twisted her body, landing in the arms of her partner before yelling, "GO TEAM!"

There were a few boys a couple of rows below them in the bleachers who had been convinced that Margaret had winked at them. And they began making some lewd and sexually suggestive comments about Margaret and what they would like to do with her and to her. Katie actually got up to go confront them, but Jo pulled her back down. After what they had just said, Katie was surprised to see Jo smiling and almost laughing.

"Think about it Katie. Half the stuff they were saying, we've actually done that with Margaret. Some night, they'll be spanking themselves in their bed, with some tissues as their only companion, wishing they were doing what at that moment you and I might actually be doing. I think that's hilarious."

Katie began to laugh as well and so did Melanie. She had been feeling a little guilty because when she heard the comments, her first thoughts had been that she very much wanted to do some of those same things the boys had said. She felt like maybe she should have been thinking about Margaret's feelings rather than thinking about feeling Margaret. But hearing what Jo said, she felt less guilty. In fact, she was feeling aroused.

As February rolled away, Jo started to hear from law schools to which she had applied. She got into her safety school, but that was all the way back near her parents' home in Boston. The school that had been the closest to their school had put her on the wait list. The next closest had rejected her outright. It was hard to say who was more disappointed, Jo or Margaret.

The pressure of the very real possibility that Jo would be going to the whole other side of the country for school next year was really getting to both Jo and Margaret. Finally, at one of the work outs, Jo was being so snippy that Neve asked her to go out for a few minutes to cool off. Katie said, "C'mon Jo. Come take a walk with me."

They went walking inside the Athletic Center at the indoor track and walked around in the outside lane. Katie asked, "What's with you today?"

"Sorry. I am just so worried about this school thing. If I don't get an offer off the wait list, I'm probably going to Boston. And if I go to Boston, I'm going to lose Margaret. We'll tell each other that we can do the long-distance thing. And with you guys here next year, it might even work for a little bit. But the year after that, we'll be distant, no one else will be around and half the guys and about that many of the girls will be all over her. With no one else around, it will be too hard for her to resist."

"But she loves you, Jo."

"I know that. At least I hope it's true. And I am not blaming her or anything. But not every gets what you and Melanie have. Sometimes, you can be in love with someone and it just doesn't work out like you'd want it. Trust me, I know."

"Well why do you want to be a lawyer anyway?"

"I don't know. I like to talk. It's probably what I am best at other than soccer and I know that I'm not good enough to go pro. So, what else can I do?"

"If you like talking so much, why not become a teacher?"

"No. I hate kids. I wouldn't want to hang around kids all the time."

"Well then teach at a college."

"Oh yeah, right. Professor Napoli. That'll be the day."

"Why don't you like kids?"

"Ugh. Kids are loud and annoying and they think they know everything. I used to be a kid; I remember. I was just like that."

"Was or am?"

Jo punched Katie in the arm after that comment. Katie winced and rubbed where Jo hit her, but it hadn't really hurt and she was laughing almost right away. Jo knew she hadn't hit Katie hard and when Katie started laughing so did she. Jo gave Katie a big hug and said, "Thanks."

"Hey, no problem. Besides, I need you on your game. In 10 days, we'll be in Vegas and I was promised an "epic" bachelorette party."

"It's all set. And when I said 'epic,' I was underselling it."

And they went back into the weight room to join the other girls.

***************

Finally, the big, long weekend in Vegas was here. Katie, Melanie, Jo and Margaret were driving down together on Friday morning. They could leave their bags at the front desk any time after noon although check-in was not until four o'clock. They expected to meet Carol Rogers there as well. Carol was still not flying when she did not have to do so. Jen Smith would be arriving at a little past 1 pm. by plane.

Jo and Margaret would be off on their own "putting the finishing touches" Jo said for the events beginning the next day. The rest would check into their rooms and then take the hotel shuttle to the airport to meet Jen.

When Jen arrived, they met her by the baggage claim. She gave her daughter a big hug and kiss. Then she gave her future daughter-in-law Katie a big hug. Carol got a more chaste and briefer hug. "Well, it was more than a handshake." thought Melanie.

They got her bag and went back to get the shuttle to the hotel. After they got Jen all settled in, they had about 4 hours for themselves before they would meet everyone else in the lobby. As they were leaving, Katie said, "Wait a minute." and ran back to the front desk.

She came out a minute later. Melanie asked, "What was that about?"

"Nothing important. Just something I want to do later."

They walked up and down the Strip, looking at the Casinos and shops along the way. When they ended up in front of a tattoo parlor, Melanie stopped them. "Look, we're in Vegas. This is our bachelorette party and it's supposed to be a wild time. I say we go in there and we all get a belly button piercing."

Carol said, "Melanie, I think I'm a little old for a belly button piercing, don't you?"

"First Carol, no. I don't think you are too old for a belly button piercing. And second, it would look so hot on you. Your abs are better than mine." Carol smiled and blushed a little. "And I bet that mysterious someone would love it." Carol could imagine Megan Sims' reaction if she came back with a belly button piercing. "She probably would love it." Carol thought.

Melanie could tell she was thinking about it and threw in for good measure "Besides, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. If you decide you really don't like it, you can always take it out."

"Alright, I'm in." Carol said.

Melanie now looked over at Jen and asked, "Mom?"

"I don't know Melanie. I'm not really sure I want to do this."

"Oh, come on Ms. Smith." said Katie. Even my mom is going to do it."

Jen said "Katie, I'll make you a deal. I'll go in look and give it serious consideration if you will stop calling me Ms. Smith and call me Jen."

"I have a counter proposal Ms. Smith. If you get one, I will start calling you Jen."

"Well. I make no promises, but let's go in."

"Yea!" said Melanie and the four of them went in to see what they might get.

After looking for a while Katie said, "Melanie come look at this." It was a ring with a short chain and dangling from it was a small heart. "We can get it engraved with an initial. I'll get an 'M' and you can get a 'K'. What do you think?"

"It's perfect Katie. Let's do that. And Carol..." Melanie now turned to Katie's mother "...maybe you can get one with a 'J' on it." Both Carol and Jen suddenly looked up at Melanie in utter disbelief when she added "for Jessica."

Fortunately, Jen was behind her, so she did not see the look Carol gave her daughter. Carol had seen what she had done and she made sure that the look she now gave Melanie made it very clear that she knew it and she was not happy. But she kept her voice calm and even and said, "Melanie, Jessica and I don't have the kind of relationship where I would get that kind of a charm. It is perfect for you and Katie, but I think I am going to get this starburst charm."

As they started walking over to the counter, Katie leaned into Melanie and said, "I thought you wanted her to get a 'J' for 'Jo.' I was too shocked to even respond before you said "Jessica."

Melanie just shook her head and thought "We need her to stop calling my mom, Ms. Smith."

Jen finally decided that she would get one also. She got a little dangle with three small sapphires hanging down the chain at the end. Jen's birthday is in September and that is her birth stone. It was a happy coincidence that it matched her eyes so well.

It was a little on the warm side for mid-March in Vegas and the women decided they could walk with their midriff's exposed, showing off their new purchases. Jen was pleased that even walking next to Melanie and Katie (and Carol) she felt she looked pretty good. The fact that Susan had left her for a younger woman had been a blow to her psyche. And now that she had decided to go ahead and get this piercing, she was glad she had. As they walked, she turned to Katie and said, "So Katie, what do you think of my choice?"

"I think it looks amazing on you, Jen."

***************

When they got to the hotel lobby, Melanie saw Jo and Margaret standing and waiting for them. They all walked over and Melanie introduced Margaret to Carol and Jen as they had not met her yet. The six of them were talking and showing off the new belly button hardware when there was a shout from near the desk. "CAROL!"

They all turned to see this young brunette woman running toward them. When she got close, she slowed down right in front of Carol, dropped her two bags and slowly put her arms over Carol's shoulders and around her neck and leaned in. Carol leaned in too and they kissed for a few seconds before they seemed to realize where they were and that they were with other people.

Jen watched and without even realizing it, she brought a finger up to her lips and touched them. She was remembering the feel of Carol's lips on hers. She quickly caught herself and brought her hand down. She was confused because she was not really sure how she felt about Carol kissing this younger woman. She did not think it was jealously and it was not arousal. But what was it?

Carol broke the kiss and said, "Oh, excuse me. Where are my manners. Everyone, this is Jessica Williams. Jessica, I think you've met Katie. I'm sure you feel like you know her because I go on about her so much."

Jessica reached out and shook Katie's hand. "I know we only met the one time and it was not a day you would want to remember. But your mother talks about you incessantly. So she's right when she says I feel like I know you already."

Carol continued "And this is our other Bride-to-be, Melanie Smith."

Again, Jessica reached out a hand and said "Nice to meet you, Melanie. I feel like I know you also. Carol talks about you the same way she talks about her daughters."

"And this is one of Katie's and Melanie's soccer teammates, and our hostess of ceremonies for the weekend as it were, Josephine Napoli."

"Call me Jo."

"Nice to meet you, Jo. Carol tells me I have to watch out for you."

"And this is Jo's girlfriend, Margaret."

"Oh, nice to meet you, Margaret. I guess my info is outdated. With you around I guess I don't have to watch out for Jo."

Margaret smiled and said, "Nice to meet you, Jessica."

"And finally, the other Mother of the Bride, Jen Smith."

Jessica took Jen's hand and shook it noticeably longer than anyone else. She just stared for a few seconds and then said, "It is even more of an honor to meet you than I realized."

"Ummm...Thank you. Nice to meet you as well."

There were a few more seconds of awkward silence as Jessica continued to shake Jen's hand and stare at here. Finally, to break the situation Carol jumped in and said "Well, I'm famished." She turned to Jo and said "Dinner and a show right. We'll just bring the bags up..." now turning to Jessica "...and if you want to change quick and we'll meet everyone down here and head off to dinner."

Carol grabbed one of the bags that Jessica had dropped and Jessica grabbed the other and they headed toward the elevator. There was some discussion about this rather strange introduction. However, Jen was lost in her own thoughts about what she had seen, still trying to decide exactly what her feelings were.

When they got to room, Carol walked in and turned around. Jessica was there and they resumed their embrace although this time without kissing. Carol said, "Can I ask what you meant with what you said to Jen?"

"I knew you had feelings for her that went very deep. Deeper than you would even share with me at first. And the fact that you were bringing those feelings into what we were doing was, I think, quite a humbling and special experience."

"So, you think it was a good think I called out Jen's name while we were having sex?"

"As strange at it seems, yes. But that's only because I have come to know you and I have come to know why you did it. To be honest, that first time I wasn't happy about it but I was more curious. Maybe it was partly a professional curiosity. But as I came to know you, I understood what was causing you to do it. And for you to bring me into that loop, call me crazy, but I find it endearing."