Soccer Women Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Are you gonna be the best damn history person that ever was?"

"You know I'm gonna give it my all."

"That's what I want to hear. Besides, Mama tells me that Margaret thinks it's a good idea so it must be okay. Well, look. I am sorry I woke you up. But I want you to know how happy I am for you. You too Margaret, both of you. You'll have to come home at some point over the summer so we can throw you a big feast with as much of the family as we can fit in the back yard."

"Okay, goodbye dad. Love you."

"Love you too Bambina. And love you too Margaret."

"We'll see you soon Vito. Bye."

Jo hung up the call, turned to Margaret and said, "How come my parents are only okay with my not going to law school and getting my history master's because you think it's okay?"

"Because I'm a genius in their eyes."

"And how exactly is that?"

"Because their Bambina asked me to marry her and I was smart enough to say 'Yes.'"

"Well, you got me there." Jo and Margaret wrapped their arms around each other and gave each other a very passionate kiss. Then they heard a knock at the door.

"Come in, we're decent." Jo called out. Katie and Melanie were standing at the door with exceptionally large grins on their faces. Jo said, "Please tell me you did not hear that phone call."

Melanie said, "Every word, Bambina."

"Okay, you guys can't call me that. You're not my parents and you're not Italian. It sounds weird when you say it."

Katie said, "Look, we're already up. We're going to get ready. You guys can do whatever you want but make sure you get some clothes on by the time we're ready. We can go to IHOP and get some breakfast. Then we can get you guys back to your dorm rooms. Sound like a plan?"

Jo and Margaret just put their clothes on from the night before and scrunched themselves onto the love seat, waiting for Katie and Melanie to be ready. Then they got into the car and headed out to breakfast and then to school.

On the way to the car, Melanie pulled Margaret aside and asked, "When are you planning on telling your parents?"

"I'm not sure. I am not looking forward to it. Especially after how warm and welcoming Jo's parents were."

"Will you have her with you when you call?"

"I am not sure. I might be too embarrassed by how they'll react."

"Well, if you need someone with you for that, just let me know."

"Thanks Melanie."

They had a wonderful breakfast together, but for all the happiness, life still goes on. They all had classes at some point that morning, although they were all a bit tired and probably didn't learn much that day. Jo had Margaret come to the workout so they could both be there when Jo told the team about her news. She didn't mention anything about the Assistant Coach job. She'd save that for later.

Jo left a little early so she could go with Margaret to the Cheer Squad practice and Margaret got to share the news as well. Most people were very happy for them. She noticed that a couple of people did not say much. Other people might have their own thoughts about her marrying Jo, but she knew it was the absolute right thing for her. And she was the expert on herself, no one else was.

A few days later, Melanie said she had something to do and would not join Katie and Jo at the workout. Instead, she went to Margaret's dorm room for her call to her parents. It actually went okay with her dad. He asked if she was sure this was going to make her happy. And when she said it very much would, he said then he was happy. Her stepmother was not as convinced. She brought up Margaret's studies and her work future. She never said anything about the fact that Jo was a woman, but she also never addressed whether Margaret was happy. It seemed very much to Melanie that she had a plan for Margaret, a life maybe she had wanted for herself and could not have. And now that Margaret was going off-script, she was not supportive in any way.

Margaret's father got back on the phone at the end and said, "Margaret, you are so smart and so nice and so beautiful. You can pretty much spend the rest of your life with anyone you want. Are you sure Jo is that person?"

"Yes dad. I know it in my heart."

"Then I know you'll both be very happy. And at the end of the day, that's what I most want for you."

"Look, we haven't talked about a date or anything but I am sure it won't be for a while. We're both going to be here for another two years with school anyway."

"Well, you'll have to get home over the summer so we can all spend time together. "I love you honey."

"I love you too, dad."

"Good luck with finals."

"Thanks dad, but we'll talk again before then. Bye bye."

Margaret ended the call and looked up at Melanie. Her eyes were watery but she was not crying. Melanie asked, "How are you doing?"

"Great actually. I'm sure my dad is going to catch some hell, but I know he loves me and wants me to be happy. Just like you and Katie. And Jo and I will be very happy together."

Melanie went over and gave Margaret a big hug. Then she said, "Let's go find Katie and Jo and have dinner. Your dad was right that finals are not that far away. And then there's graduation for Katie and Jo and then the wedding. We're all going to be very busy the next few months, so we'd better get to it."