All Comments on 'Sofia'

by R410a

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
AnnaValley11AnnaValley11about 4 years ago

A gentle and uplifting tale - thank you for sharing it with us

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterabout 4 years ago
Much more than "First Time"

What a touching love story.

Thank you for this, I thoroughly loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Just beautiful.... An amazing love story. Even being a man it warmed my heart to no end.

Frankie1952Frankie1952about 4 years ago

What a beautiful story even if the ending was so very sad. Now you have made my eyes leak. Thank you for sharing with us. God bless you.

cybojicybojiabout 4 years ago
Wow

New favorite. Hits so close to home. My next door neighbor was a year younger. She was lightly handicapped. We payed together since I was 6 and she was 5. The kids were so mean and she was so nice I couldn't understand. We were together almost every day till I went to college. She was my best friend. She passed away just before Christmas my freshman year. Her mom told me it was expected, I had no idea. My little sister said she died of a broken heart when I went to school. It still makes me sad after all these years. I give this a 5+. Great work.

alphawolf65alphawolf65about 4 years ago

This was an awesome story.It even made me cry a little at the end.Keep up the great work and thanks!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 4 years ago

Magnificent! You handled the story with great sensitivity.

SithLord6969SithLord6969about 4 years ago

Beautiful

Excellent story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great, touching tale

A very sensitive issue dealt with tenderly. I watch with interest for R410a’s next submission. Another 5 ⭐️ 🌟⭐️🌟⭐️ Stars

pepepilotpepepilotabout 4 years ago
WoW

I cried! Perfect story,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Excellent.

I’m a retired special education teacher. Tastefully done.

AliSFakinamingtonAliSFakinamingtonalmost 4 years ago
Five stars!

A very sweet story that gave me tears

SHIZNOofSpankingSHIZNOofSpankingalmost 4 years ago
Just wow

I couldnt believe how well this turned out. This was an amazing read. Tugged on the heart strings

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15almost 4 years ago

Beautiful story about a very special person indeed!

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
BUDDIES FOR LIFE LIVING THEIR LIFES AS ONLY THEY CAN USING THE PASSEE GOLDEN RULE

when it was time to wed, they did, while keeping their true values and passing it on thru the generations, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Never cried so much about what was left unstated. Thank you, Dave, and thanks for sharing his story.

Shane279Shane279almost 4 years ago
That was an amazing story

I'm a 23 year veteran I served in both the marine corps and the army, I have 3 combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and I don't get emotional about much. This story touched my heart I shed some tears at the end. Thats hard to admit for someone like me but thats how much I appreciated this story. True or not it's an amazing story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Beautiful story

Evoked strong emotions

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Beautiful

Truth or not this is my favourite story in lit.

It certainly made me shred some tears, wonderful sweet tears that makes this a great story.

-Lonfreras

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Heart.

Two stories on Lit, yours, and Bandit are amazing. When I was a teen, I worked at a summer camp as a counselor for "normal" kids, and each summer I would have a special needs with me for the entire summer. Bobby, my special needs guy was with me 3 summers. He remained like a brother to me until he passed in his mid 30's. Your story exemplifies the truth in ways that only someone who knows can share. Thank you.

GortwistGortwistabout 3 years ago

OMG I can't stop crying this was so sweet! I loved every bit of this gem. ❤

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984about 3 years ago

This was defiantly one out the sweetest stories I've read in awhile. Dave must of really loved sofia and she sounds like a person that would of been a treasure to know.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The story had five star potential, but the implementation was only three stars, and I will tell you why. Most all of the story was presented as narration, like someone relating a story from the past to his grandkids. There were only occasional vignettes with dialog to break it up. I see this a lot in amateur writing but hardly ever in published professional works like novels, and the reason is because, though it’s a lot easier to tell a story this way, it takes the reader out of the story and has him watching from afar. It’s far better to put the reader into the middle of the story as it happens. So use more dialog. Don’t tell us what your character did after the fact. Show it to us as it happens.

A second, smaller issue is to think about how people speak more naturally. Much of your dialog felt a little like lines spoken by actors in a high school play, that is to say, slightly wooden as if it didn’t flow naturally from the characters.

And one final, important thing. Learning disabilities are differences in brain wiring that make it hard for otherwise normally, or even exceptionally bright children to assimilate knowledge in conventional ways. I have a child with learning disabilities. She is an A student with the proper methods of instruction, and she is college bound. Sofia, as portrayed, is not just learning disabled. She is someone with reduced cognitive and analytical capacity, what used to be called mental retardation and nowadays “intellectually disabled”. I’m not actually complaining about the mis-usage in this story, just pointing out, because it’s a real distinction.

Thank you for writing.

BigpickleBigpicklealmost 3 years ago

It was tender, descriptive but not really sensual. The love was so natural . It was a beautiful love story and very well written. Thank you for your submission. It is a story I will remember for a very long time.

BaztrachianBaztrachianalmost 3 years ago

Very well written and sensitive story. It has the makings of either a novel-length story or of a great movie.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It would make a wonderful movie !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A lovely representation of what is obviously a very personal situation.

5Stars

Ravey19Ravey19almost 3 years ago

Now that is an amazing, sensitive and we'll witten story. Thanks for sharing it with us. 5vstars

charles215charles215over 2 years ago

……is somebody cutting onions?…….

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm not crying.... You are crying....

slm59slm59about 2 years ago

A very well written story. Thank you!

TheOldStudTheOldStudabout 2 years ago

Excellent!! Your descriptions of life in the 50's and 60's was spot on...I did a lot of those same things myself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a great story. The problems and learning of a young girl, and meeting an understanding male, and parents. to help her enjoy life. 10 Stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Of all of your stories I've read, this is my favorite. Yes, it does have sex in it, but even with that it was soft and warm. The story was about life and understanding. This story is way beyond the stars listed here. Even the 20 stars I'm giving it is still below the warmth this story portrays.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

All I can say about this story, is that it was very hart worming. Thank you for writing it. Another high star '10"

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I though the last one was the best one of your stories, but this one is by all above all others, and that's saying a lot. 30 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Reading this story again was just as great as the first time. Keep them coming. I can't wait to see some new ones. 10 stars.

AngstIgnoredAngstIgnoredover 1 year ago

One of my all-time favorite stories on this site. I kept forgetting the name, hunting for it, and finding it again. Then I finally reminded myself to bookmark it. This could easily be a movie, probably an academy award-winning screenplay treatment there for the having if you were so inclined. All the stars possible.

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2ICabout 1 year ago

This was a very sweet story. It's definitely not a typical story you find on Lit. R410a, you did such a wonderful job writing this story. Thank you for the time and effort you gave in writing such a moving story. It brought back fond memories of being in elementary school and one of my friends mom was learning disabled. She was so nice and friendly to me and all the kids in the neighborhood.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

An old vet saying, Perfect ! Peace

moimeme68moimeme687 months ago

Beautiful story - beautiful writing skills.

DadieODadieO4 months ago

Absolutely one of the best stories I've read on this site. Brovo

texlootexloo4 months ago

I was deeply touched by this story. I have worked, been friends with, and/or been family to people with developmental delays, learnng disabilities, and physical disabilities. This has gone on all of my adult life. I have diagnosed dyslexia, ADHA, and autism (aspergers syndrome). I did go to college, which took the better part of a decade to finish, but only ever done service industry jobs that do not require a degree. I have struggled four decades, with each new job, learning the work. Once I understood it though, I was reliable and ridgely followed the rules. I was born in at the tail end of the 60s, and grew up in the 70s, and 80s, before the advent of better mental health understanding. I know what it is like for kids to bully me and call me 'ret@ard'. (I am not offended by the word retarded, because when this story was set it was an acceptable medical term). It is assholes like my bullies who shortened it into a slur. I shudder to think if I had been a small female, rather than a rather large male, since the bullying was sometimes physical. I have went out for lunch, with a Sunday school class of adults with downs sydrome, and quite forgotten that I was theeur teacher, and that they were not simply my friends. Love, compassion, and the desire to protect those weaker than myself are three values I hold dear. To me, those are much more important than a wonderful career or wealth. Thank you for sharing this story.

muskyboymuskyboy17 days ago

Very hard to read stories that open describing the life after the main character has dies. Just too sad from the start for me.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userR410a@R410a
Thanks to all who follow and read my stories.

story TAGS