All Comments on 'Soft Tail'

by WaxPhilosophic

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

You're back! What a nice way to start the day.

It's a great story, really. Your characters are marvelous: Quirky, interesting, original. It's always a pleasure to find out what you've thought of this time :)

abiostudent3abiostudent3over 3 years ago

Ridiculously sweet. Thank you for the fuzzy feelings.

MaonaighMaonaighover 3 years ago
El Waxo Fabuloso...

...or words to that effect. Excellent tale, Wax, just excellent. It grips the reader from the start and doesn't let go. There is so much pleasure to be had in these slow-burn romances of yours with their lovely, off-beat characters. Let's have more and that right soonest.

BBeinhartBBeinhartover 3 years ago
Palindrome?

Well, there is of course PizzAzzip, “the superior pizza oven”, made by Harvic Manufactoring Company in Brooklyn back in the day.....😂😂

Wonderful story, as always, Wax!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
very good

Good character development. I loved the Grandfather, every Grandfather should have a Granddaughter like Julie, and every Julie should have a grandfather like him.

PuggyWishbonePuggyWishboneover 3 years ago

That. Was. Adorable.

stroudlestroudleover 3 years ago
Best prom outfit ever

This is you at your best Wax. The right amount of funny and pathos. Julie's grandfather was a hoot. The only thing missing was Julie and Kara riding the motorcycle over Becky the bully on the way to prom. We had no prom at school but if we did that's how I would of wanted to dress

Thank you

Jc

🐱Adorable cats ears

🍕Best way of eating your vegetables

📙How to mend a soft tail and make a friend

🏍️BBbrrrmmmm

👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩just a little tongue

clearcreekclearcreekover 3 years ago

great story and a wonderful grandfather. my grandfathers taught me much that helped me through my life. I wish I had a granddaughter to teach how to fix things, I have a 350 Honda waiting for her whoever she is.

jackie_emjackie_emover 3 years ago
Very sweet

I loved the characters and how you developed them. It was a sweet relationship between the two. I liked the grandfather and how he interacted with the young women.

Clearly Kara is autistic, probably Aspergers, since she is high functioning though socially awkward. Nice to see a positive characterization of that.

Slurpy29Slurpy29over 3 years ago

Once again your imagination and writing ability have given a wonderful story. I mean come on who does a story involving motorcycles, pizza, the smell of leather, and the word girlfriend with so much success. Can’t add much more that hasn’t been posted already. Your relatable characters make your stories so enjoyable to read. This ranks as one of the best works you’ve written. Thank you so much for sharing.

FriskyMindFriskyMindover 3 years ago

Awwww... needed something soft and fuzzy after reading too much evil lesbian vampire stories. Wish my prom had gone like that! Thanks!

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54over 3 years ago

Wow. That sucked me in and spit me out like smoke from a V-Twin. Beautiful story. Loved it.

metroalmametroalmaover 3 years ago

that was just the sweetest story ever. Aspies across the globe are sleeping better tonight for your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Loved it

I think Jackie_em nailed it in her comment. Thanks for creating and sharing the story!

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 3 years ago

I swear, you write the sweetest love stories.

I liked the characters.

I kiked the setting.

I liked the background.

These two are adorable together, and I hope we see more of them.

Thank you for sharing your talents.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Soft tail, huge heart!

You are ALWAYS worth reading. Thank you.

WaxPhilosophicWaxPhilosophicover 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks to everyone who's commented and favorited this story. This is a tale I started and then put on the back burner because I got distracted with other things. That was two years ago! Finally, I got back around to it. I'm glad I did. I get the feeling people liked it. If you're new to my work, check my profile page for more sticky sweet romances like this one. Lemongrass and Speedy Delivery should definitely be on your list.

Bleep735Bleep735over 3 years ago

I loved it! It was just so sweet and charming. Very weird, but in an awesome way. It’s just nice to have a story where parents/grandparents don’t care about their kid’s sexuality. Thanks for sharing it with us.

BlueGriffinBlueGriffinover 3 years ago

That was a remarkably tender story about two misfits. I loved both those characters. They were totally believable. Their quirks really added to the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Sweet

Sweet little story. Nice to have a little innocent romance!

BillyslateBillyslateover 3 years ago

Lovely Story!

I really enjoyed all the primary characters, Kara; Julie; Kara's Mom & especially Julie's grandfather, who was really super. I certainly enjoyed Julie bopping Becky a good one to the jaw, for bullying Kara. I actually enjoyed all aspects of the story, excepting the continual nightly fantasizing, which became a bit much after some time. Otherwise, Softail was a quite perfect Lesbian Love Story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Never saw the attraction of motor bikes initially, noisy and dangerous and a culture that was just so ugly and manly. Then I hooked up with Tracy, who was tattooed and cool and rode aTriumph Bonneville. Her hair was shorter than mine and her style made me look positively feminine!

But it was getting that bike between my legs that made me appreciate its appeal. My first road trip was to the Ace Cafe, off the North Circular, London, and the route we took meant a ride of about 80 miles in a little under two hours - I came three times and embarrassingly soaked the crotch of my skin tight jeans so that everyone could see what had happened as we chilled with the other bikers after our arrival.

Mini skirts and long legs were Tracy's obsession, and since I'm not a natural mini skirt wearer we only lasted about five months together. But I have fond memories of our time.

Nice story, surprised that the smell of leather never came into it though.

TheserialwaffleTheserialwaffleover 3 years ago

lovely story. not everyone could write such a tale about two misfits who don´t know what´s happening. so sweet. thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
AMAZINGLY .......................

........ soft and gentle and sweet tale.

Loved the old grandfathers turn of phrase "clean the cooties off my tools" etc. Totally hilarious yet believable and not out of place in the story context.

However ........... now I have a dilemma.

Do I prefer this one or is it still Lemongrass .....................

alexwatson62

(lol still having trouble logging in sometimes)

RomanceLivesRomanceLivesover 2 years ago

This is my second time through, and it's just as sweet as the first time. Five stars

redbow_kimeeredbow_kimeealmost 2 years ago

Wow! I don't know if you were going for this, but Kara was such a positive representation of an autistic girl. The palindromes and plausible deniability -- like echolalia, The quiet shyness and social misunderstandings, the special interest in motorcycles. This was really lovely, thank you.

Taco Cat.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I agree with redbow_kimee, a great representation of someone on the Autism spectrum. Wonderful that she was able to find a friend, and then girlfriend, who understood her.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

this is soooooo cute and both girls have been some intense time, ok Kara it was school time as general ..... So what now, so e time later and ? ...... I see them repairing HD motorcycles or may even customize some or as Kara is a wizard with math and tech, she might had studied some bike related stuff and is a power tuner for the quarter mile or some like that ..... Just some ideas for a go

I truly felt the pain, being a punching ball and especially for a lovely soul like kara this should never happen as this will be dominating your adult starting time and may longer into it

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝🌹

FandeborisFandeborisover 1 year ago

This story was so sweet. Beautiful in fact. Kara was beautiful, caring, intelligent lady, with all her quirks and social miscues was a bright light throughout the story. Kara was lucky to find someone close who looks past her autism and sees her for what she is. I even grabbed a tissue toward at the end. 5 stars - that is least I can do.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWaxPhilosophic@WaxPhilosophic
Miss Isabella’s Home for Stray Kittens has left and is now available exclusively as an ebook from JMS Books. https://www.jms-books.com/davina-lee-c-224_312/ * Other News... Tales from the Stream now has a glossary to help you keep the people, places, and things straight in...