Solaris - Prologue

Story Info
Mia's life implodes in a single day.
5.7k words
4.55
3.9k
5

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/12/2023
Created 01/04/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hello! Long time reader, first time poster. Please note that this first chapter does not have any sexual scenes in it as it the prologue. It is the backstory to the characters, also this is a non consensual story, all characters are fictional and are 18+ for any sexual scenes. please exercise discretion if anything offends you. May re-upload later for any grammatical or spelling errors.

Page breaks are separated, there are time jumps.

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rain pelted against the windows of Mia's town car as she rode to school, she knew it had to do with Noah Stoll. It was like a constant rain cloud followed him and his dad. Noah's dad was a manipulator, a weather manipulator and the most powerful in the world according to her mom and dad. Noah apparently inherited his ability as whenever he was in a mood the entire day was ruined. Noah was also quite a jerk to Mia, he would use his powers to taunt and aggravate Mia whenever he could. Even at 14 his control was far better than everyone in their class, the teachers all doted on him claiming he was a prodigy, a magnificent study, and would be a shining example at Solaris academy one day. Mia would roll her eyes at this as if they only saw how he acted once their backs were turned. Mia knew he acted out of jealousy since her family was more prestigious, her father was the one and only molecular transmuter. He was a world renowned scientist to the nulls, those without magic. He was the first to transmute standard hydrogen into nuclear fuel. Her mother was a very talented seer and had a 99% success rate for her visions. Due to these attributes her family was not only arguably the most successful in the divine realm but the human as well. This made others jealous of Mia and her brother Lucas. They had both inherited their father's ability of molecular transmutation.

Although Mia did inherit her father's ability she didn't have the same control of it as her father or brother. The most she could manage was to create water from standard hydrogen. But she was still young and had plenty of time to grow her abilities.

"Hey Mia!" Lissa called out to Mia as she stepped out of her car into the rain. Mia smiled at her and Lissa offered to share her umbrella. Mia joined her friend and began to walk into school.

"I wonder what got Prince Charming in such a mood today, he's gonna ruin my suede boots!" Lissa joked, using their little inside name for Noah.

"I don't know but hopefully he doesn't decide to make it any colder, I'm really sick of this hot and cold weather. Plus everytime he does it the teachers just fawn over him" Mia said rolling her eyes.

The pair went inside the large school building that was filled with other bustling students from other grades, as a divine they had to attend a hidden school to keep them and the humans safe. If an untrained divine were to be loose in the human world it would be chaos, a natural disaster or even apocalypse depending on who it was and their powers. So they were all safely tucked away at Solarium, the school for k-12. When they graduated most would hope to attend Solaris Academy, a massive and prestigious university for all divine students to learn and hone their abilities. There were multiple adolescent academies around the world but only one Solaris.

If you attended solarium you were almost guaranteed a spot at Solaris as they were sister academies. Mia and Lucas were both legacies due to their parents, and knew they would both attend and follow in their footsteps. Of course Noah was also a legacy and would no doubt be attending as well. There was a time when Mia and Noah were friends.

3 years ago...

"Hurry up Mia!" Noah called to her as he ran up the stairs. Mia climbed a slower rate than Noah due to being overweight but she never let that get the better of her and picked up her pace to reach her friend. They climbed the stairs in what would be the Botany room for their 6th year. Both loved science and knew that they would both end up in that degree path. Mia wanted to follow in her fathers footsteps and be a chemist but rather than fusion she wanted to be an environmentalist. Noah admired Mia for her dreams, she would often go on about how they could be a team of environmentalists, he could fix the issues with the ice caps melting. She could change the forms of emissions to help the air quality and ozone, everytime she would talk about their futures her eyes sparkled and she never looked so beautiful to Noah.

They reached the room, it was full of natural light and every kind of plant they could imagine. Mia was out of breath but in awe of the soon to be science room. There were tables set for two each with bunsen burners, sinks, test tubes. Mia could hardly contain her excitement!

"They are set for 2! That means we can be science buddies this year!" Mia exclaimed. She smiled and her eyes were full of light, she beamed at him. Noah smiled quietly and said "Yeah and we can see who will get the top grade this year" Mia eyed him "You don't stand a chance, remember who won last years science fair AND the top spot of the class"

"I only let you win Collymore, this year i'm gonna wipe the floor with you" He said mischievously. Mia laughed "Sure, sure Stoll. I guess we will see"

They went back down to their classroom and the last day of classes for the year concluded. Mia and Lucas were met outside by their parents, a rare occasion for both their parents to be present to pick them up from school. Normally they sent a driver, but they had a surprise for their kids today.

"Daddy!" Mia ran out to hug her father and kiss her mother on the cheek. Even Lucas was surprised by this. He hugged his mother and father "you're both here... What's the bad news?" Lucas was skeptical as he knew how busy his parents were with their work. His mother Rebecca a very talented seer, she had predicted many disasters and worked with the head of state as an intelligence agent. Of course the head of state was also a Divine and knew of her true power, all the high ups tended to be Divine. Most of the world leaders and other high powered people tended to be Divine, the rest of the world may think they were just intelligent, or magnetizing without knowing the truth.

Only a few normal people knew the truth about the divine and the results were nearly the end for the divine. Over 300 years ago a group of divine's decided they would share their secret and gifts with the humans in their settlement. While some of the humans had regarded them as closer to God and worshiped their power. The others were jealous and fearful of them, thought that they were an abomination and no one should have the power of a God. The group of humans conspired to wipe out the divine, planned to drug and slit their throats while they slept.

The night of the attack, a few of the divine were not put to sleep as intended and heard the sounds of their family being slaughtered. The humans burned the village and turned their backs on the divine. The few who remained agreed that humans could not be trusted with this knowledge and hid away while they recuperated their numbers. Eventually the divine built Solaris, they became strong in secret, the university trained the divine how to not only use their ability but also how to use it to their advantage in the human world.

Rebecca and Eric were a pair of the most successful divine in the human world and the divine world. Both were highly respected in their respective careers and their family name was very prestigious. Eric came from a long line of transmuters, each more impressive than the last. The bar was high for both Mia and Lucas, both were transmuters like their father. Lucas was slated to take over the family business, at 14 he was already training with father in nuclear fusion and was very close with his own reactions.

"We are going on a trip!" Rebecca told the children, she looked at her two children. Lucas her careful and calculated teenager and Mia her rambunctious and carefree soon to be middle schooler.

The Collymore's spent their summer at their vacation home in Lake Como. The summer came and went and the children returned to Solarium.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mia bounded up the steps as their driver Winston waved goodbye. Her first class of the day was science in the beautiful room her and Noah had explored on the last day of school last year. She was so excited to see Noah and show him how she had changed, her hair was longer, she had braces, and had even begun to develop breasts. She was still a little on the chubby side but her mother had assured her that it wouldn't last forever and she was still beautiful. She had never felt self conscious about her appearance, she had honey colored hair like her mother and sparkling green eyes like her father. A small straight nose, and her cheeks did hold a roundness but she had high cheekbones and a lovely smile.

Mia sat at the first table and waited for Noah to show up, a few minutes later and a very tall Noah had walked in. He must have grown a good 5 inches over the summer, he now towered over Mia. She contained her shock and smiled showing her braces. Noah raised his eyebrows and sat down next to her "Well look at you Collymore, you look like you swallowed a robot!" He said with a smile. Mia made a face and elbowed him in the side "says jack the beanstalk!" She giggled at him and the teacher walked in and started class.

Mia was absorbed in the class and Noah looked over at her, she had changed and yet she had not. Her hair was longer, she had braces, but she was still the same old science loving Mia he loved. After science they had gone their separate way till gym class.

Mia was late to gym class and hadn't realized that the teacher was taking the students on a tour of the building, so she ran into the locker room to quickly change.

She ran into one of the stalls and began to change, when she heard voices, male voices. She had gone into the wrong locker room! Mia tried not to breathe and let anyone know she was there, she would wait till they all left and then meet outside like nothing happened. As long as no one realized she was there.

"I swear Katie has the biggest boobs of all the girls!" a voice said.

"Yeah but have you seen how hot Sarah got?" another voice said.

"Yo Stoll! I saw you sitting by Mia in science" Mia's ears perked up at this.

"Yeah Noah, you got a thing for fattymore?" A mocking voice, it sounded like Ryan.

"NO! I was only sitting there because she begged me to, I do not have a crush on that braceface cow" Noah said laughing.

Mia felt her face turn bright red and her eyes started to water. But she couldn't go anywhere yet.

"Besides she only thinks she's hot shit because her family is rich, take away that and she's literally nothing" Noah continued. The other boys laughed and their voices had faded. Mia was now alone, she let a tear slip out and finished changing. She left the locker room and met the rest of the class, Noah met her eyes and she looked away. She didn't speak to him for the remainder of the day and when he looked for her at lunch she made herself scarce.

The next day Mia sat next to Melissa in science, Noah gave her a look and she ignored him. Mia had given Noah the cold shoulder for over a week at this point, he was getting upset she wouldn't even look at him. Noah decided he had to talk to her, he waited near her class before lunch to see where she was going. He watched her walk up the stairs to the science room to eat alone.

Mia sat down at a table and began to open her lunch box when Noah came into the room and closed the door. She rolled her eyes at him and he said "Why have you been avoiding me, Collymore?"

She scoffed "Don't you mean Fattymore?" She hurled the words at him as an insult.

Noah was caught off guard, how did she know about that "I don't know what you're talking about Mia"

"Don't lie to me Noah! I know what you think of me, Don't think you're worth my time when you can so easily insult and ridicule me." She huffed out.

"Mia I didn't mean any of that, the guys were looking for any reason to tease me about you and if I didn't say it then I'd never hear the end of it."

"Oh because you're so embarrassed to associate with me, what a joke. I am not anyone's secret Noah. Don't bother pretending anymore, we're done" Mia said venomously.

"Mia, it was a joke! You don't need to get so pissed off" Noah said with amusement at her anger that he had never seen before. She was kind of adorable when angry, he thought.

"No, you're a joke. Now get out and leave me alone!" she yelled at him.

"Mia, please"

"GET OUT!" she screamed at him.

Noah left her alone this time, she didn't speak to him again the next week. Or the week after that. A month had passed and her cold shoulder never relented, Noah stopped trying to talk to her or get her attention. He focused on his budding abilities, he grew stronger and the teachers took notice of him and his ability. They dubbed him a prodigy and he would receive private lessons during lunch. All the other girls had begun to fawn over him and he became very popular, he no longer tried to be friends with Mia.

Mia was bitter about what happened with Noah, he made her feel like she was a leper and that they couldn't be friends in person. She put her energy into her studies and was determined to have the top scores in their class. Noah too put forth more in his studies and they would often battle for the top scores. Everytime Noah would beat her in science he'd smirk at her. She in turn scowled at him.

"Looks like Noah beat you this quarter" Lissa, her new best friend had said to her, looking for her own name on the board of the class rankings.

"Yeah well we still have another semester, I don't plan on letting him beat me again" Mia said coldly. She hated losing especially, to him.

"Aw man I'm number 40, my parents are gonna kill me" Lissa said, Lissa was an enchanter, and as most enchanters she was beautiful. With blue eyes, wavy dark hair, a high nose, a heart shaped face. It was clear why the boys loved her, Lissa however hated being an enchanter. Most people just wanted to use her, which is why she loved Mia. Mia never tried to get anything from her and treated her with respect.

Over the course of the school year Mia and Noah competed, when they announced the science fair in the spring Mia was determined to beat him. She got help from her father to build a small reactor. Noah did a weather balloon, Mia ended up with first prize. When she received her trophy she gave Noah a smirk, he was fuming at his loss as his father was in attendance today and gave him a disappointed look just before leaving.

In his anger, during the banquet that was held he snuck into the auditorium and destroyed Mia's project. He left quickly, still angry about his loss and the feeling of rejection from his father.

"Mia, can you show me your project? I am so sorry I was late and missed seeing you get your award" Rebecca said to her daughter. She got caught up in a meeting and arrived when the banquet was being held.

"Sure thing mom!" Mia said excitedly, today was a great day for her, she had gotten first place and both her parents were here to celebrate her. She led her mother to the auditorium and when she saw her project her smile immediately disappeared. It was ruined, smashed to bits all over the floor and table "Oh honey, who could have done this?" Rebecca said with shock and slight anger.

Mia knew, she knew it was Noah. Mia began to cry but didn't say anything instead just ran out of the building. She never thought he would go to this extent, she was angry and sad. Mia sat outside and her mother and father both came out to meet her.

"Honeybee..." Her fathers nickname for her "How about we just go home for the day? '' Mia nodded and they left.

Over the course of the next three years Mia and Noah's hate for each other only grew.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Present...

The last day of middle school for Mia went by in a blur, she could think only of the class ranking board that would be posted at the end of the day. She knew that the top spot was hers, she had studied everyday for the past month to ensure that she would take the top score of finals. The final bell rang and she hurried out of the classroom to check her scores.

She saw the already forming crowd around the board and pushed to the front, there it was sitting at the top, 1. Mia Collymore - 1. Noah Stoll.

"What!? We tied??" Mia growled, a chuckle sounded behind her. It was Noah with his arm slung around Katie Witmen.

"Looks like you should have studied harder" Noah said cooly, Katie giggled at his statement and shot Mia a glare. Mia rolled her eyes at Katie and pushed past them both meeting with Lissa.

"Ugh who does he think he is! I studied for a month for finals only to tie for first. I can't wait to never see his smug face again" Mia was flushed and angry about losing her top spot. Lissa gave her a small smile "you still got the top spot Mia, it's not a loss. I mean I got 20th this year, take the win and lets just have a good summer without thinking about Noah Stoll"

Mia sighed, she knew Lissa was right. She did still get the top spot even though it was shared. Hopefully her parents were planning a trip this year, they allowed Mia and Lissa to go visit with Mia's uncle in the Maldives where her Uncle Chris owned a resort.

Lucas came out a few moments later to wait for their driver. "So where did you rank this year?" he asked casually. Lucas was 4 years older so this was his final year at Solarium. He was already accepted to Solaris and would be leaving in the fall. Mia would miss her brother but was thrilled for him and couldn't wait to hear of all his soon to be college adventures.

"I got first, but I tied with Noah Stoll" Mia grumbled.

"Ah, isn't that the kid that ruined your science fair project?" Lucas cocked an eyebrow at his sister. He could see the disappointment etched on her face, he felt sorry for his sister. While he knew Mia would never tell him or their parents, she was bullied and would push herself twice as hard academically. She had dark circles under her eyes from lack of sleep, her usually shiny hair looked dull, and the normal happy spark in her eyes was gone. She looked exhausted.

"Well I got 20th this year!" Lissa piped up, Lucas shifted his focus on the bubby girl. He smiled at her "Well that's great Lissa, I know you were really trying to move up this year. Maybe next year's top 10!"

Just then Winston showed up and ushered the siblings into the car. Mia waved bye to Lissa and then they were on their way home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Mia and Lucas arrived home both their parents were gone, Mia decided she needed a good long nap and went upstairs to her room to lay down. It was like the last month of exhaustion had hit her all at once. She hadn't had a full night's rest in 4+ weeks.

She dropped her bag, peeled off her school clothes and quickly changed into sweatpants and a t-shirt. She climbed into bed, closed her eyes and she was out.

When Mia awoke it was night time, she didn't set an alarm and didn't realize it was so late. Her throat was dry and she felt dehydrated, she climbed out of bed and walked down stairs to grab some water.

Before she could enter the kitchen she could hear her mother pleading to her father.

"Eric I am telling you, this is a bad idea. Richard Stoll would rather see you dead than make any sort of business deal with you. Send a proxy, email the paperwork, don't go in person."

12