All Comments on 'Something to Live For'

by BigGuy33

Sort by:
  • 81 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Another good'n BG33...

Imaginative, yet most possible.... another five stars.... more please

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticalmost 7 years ago
A new and believable romantic story.

It really is a believable romantic story, except in the part of Eli's custody and the reaction of Henry's parents. Which judge will favor adultery?

And what kind of parents are those who facilitate the adultery of one of their son's with the wife of their other son?

Personally, Henry's parents would have put them in jail for another ten years too. They have been accomplices in Michael's adultery and drug business, or at least have consented, and in the presence of a child.

As for Kazey and Henry, it is as if life began to smile at them after a great time of bitterness and misery.

As I said, a nice and believable romance.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
sure you have your reasons

but I don't really see why this had to be in romance vs LW.

you skipped over how long he had been alone, working at the DMV, before he got to the bridge. KZ seemed a little too "perfect", but it does help the story to work. I give you credit, in that many times switching POV between the characters on narration is a clumsy endeavor; here you made it work, and kept the story moving forward. I would have expected more resistance from her mother upon arrival in Texas. Perhaps the added drama you were looking for could have come from pressures of "too soon, been burnt before, and etc.." Not sure how I feel about the ex going to jail. It was revenge, or consequences, and I DO like that. but if anything, that was the part that made this seem more LW rather than pure Romance. Also, I would wonder if now having Eli will prevent Henry and KZ from having eventually another child together. Overall, I think this was a good story, a fresh read, and I am glad I found it. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Good story

Right up until the end, where it turned into a burn the bitch story from Loving Wives. That wasn't necessary, and was actually a downer in the romance category.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
No way

Someone who is depressed enough to be suicidal is not going to come out of his depression overnight. Totally unrealistic.

PickeringPickeringalmost 7 years ago
Great short story.

Thank you for writing. Five star all the way. Can't understand all the petty anonymous sniping.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great story

Loved the story & REALLY glad the ex, brother, & parents got what they deserved.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 7 years ago
Great story!

It should be noted that this could easily happen! Suicidal ideation is all about feelings of hopelessness and helplessness...about not seeing any way out of a perceived situation. Often, all it takes is HOPE to change everything. I am not talking about clinical depression or severe mental issues, but ones described here can be short term and never manifest again. If you even suspect someone of contemplating taking their own life...completing a suicide...ask them if they are and talk about it. Do NOT be judgmental in what you say, just talk to them about what they are feeling. You can make a difference by just talking!

clearedtofuckclearedtofuckalmost 7 years ago
Yessir

I've been on the bridge a couple of times. Your story is perfectly plausible. This is a good love story. For the armchair psychologists poo pooing this story, you don't know Jack.

bruce22bruce22almost 7 years ago
Excellent Romance

It was a pleasure to find this story, this morning.

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
Thanks for the story

We know so little about these people it felt like reading an outline.

Alice_ReidAlice_Reidalmost 7 years ago

Did you ever play a game called kingdoms of middle earth? You remind me of someone I knew in game...

boatbummboatbummalmost 7 years ago
Talk About Being Fucked Over!

Wow! Linda married him so she could fuck his brother? And make babies with him? Double Wow!

OK, setting that "oh shit" aside, this was a cute little romance, with the protagonists getting what they so richly deserve. Getting Eli back was the cherry on the sundae.

As others have said, these characters could have used a little more fleshing out, but all in all it was a fun story. Thanks!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Thoughts

I hope when Mike and Linda move away and his parents are all alone he cuts them off the way they cut him off!

As for Ryan, it's not just "Mom time," but you don't want to just drop a new man into the kid's life with no preparation.

While the ending with Eli was okay, but I like my idea better, that Mike and Linda move away and his parents are left all alone.

@Anonymous Re: "Good story" - As my comments probably indicate, I agree with you!

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
IT DOESNT ALWAYS HAPPEN

where the jerks get their come-uppance, TK U MLJ LV NV

networkgurunetworkgurualmost 7 years ago
A Pretty Good Story

Enjoyed reading this but I do have a couple of minor issues with it though....

Why the need for adoption? You already had legal guardianship and the parents had to sign over all parental rights...

Need vs Want....Henry and Kazey didn't NEED a spouse. That's what they wanted. There is a difference.

Cookie7991Cookie7991over 6 years ago
Another good one.

My second favorite!!

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 6 years ago
Yeah, I'd have locked the parents up just as long...

In that kind of situation, their layer would have gone for character witnesses to try to get time reduced...

I can picture Henry's parents suggesting to their layer to ask Henry... after all, he IS their son...? I'd love how that would turn out.

Their lawyer would cover how great of parents they were, raising their children in a loving home, teaching them right from wrong, etc etc etc...

The prosecutor would raise how police noticed there were NO pictures of him in the house and (having already been smart enough to talk to him) ask him why...

He'd have noted how his ex married him to be closer to his brother (yes, his parents knew this), to have sex and a child with his brother (see birth certificate indicating ex lied to him during marriage, DNA test proving the lie, previous court actions confirming the lie), and his parents did whatever ex and brother said so they'd get to keep seeing grandson (read: "anything" maybe even knowingly being involved in drug dealings)... hence their effective "we only have one son" attitude...

Oops, maybe he wasn't such a good choice for character reference...??

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 6 years ago
5*

this obviously played out over quite an extended period of time and i think the story seemed a bit too condensed. having said that it was free! and time is precious.

etchiboyetchiboyover 6 years ago
Another superbly written piece,

...though for some reason it didn’t “grab” me like some if the others. I think just a skosh too predictable. Because of that, in the big picture of BG33 writing, this falls 1-star from the usual 5 to 4-Stars. If this was someone else’s work, perhaps a newcomer it’d be 5-Stars. I’m grading on a curve here.

weathermanksweathermanksabout 6 years ago
WOW

What a twisted tale we weave...interesting and heart warming. Thanks.

leetamezleetamezabout 6 years ago
Another good Story

I love how this story went , officially one of my favorites of yours!

DogFuzzDogFuzzabout 6 years ago
Good Job

What a delightful story. Two broken people alone. Finding each other (although improbable) and filling each other’s lives. A nice fell good story. Thanks.

FD45FD45about 6 years ago

You certainly didn't add any fluff to this story.

CharliegutzacheCharliegutzachealmost 6 years ago
OMG

An excellent story, needs a 2nd chapter tho, lol, need to know what happens to the 'rents, who more or less kicked one son to the curb, an the back stabbing, drug dealing bro and his whore who nearly killed Henry with their antics. Rated 5 stars.

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago
Bremsstrahlung- I lost my photons

Well, just can't avoid that last jab at the end, can you? It's your signature move. Once was physical abuse, this time it's pussy withholding, for a name like Kristen. Who would get their panties in a bunch for a name like Kristen zucchini? Holy dumb fuck, and shit.

She has absolutely minimal respect and trust. Who would willingly call their partner a name they don't like? So why the need to be the bitch mom threatening her child to her husband? That's right, because that's who he is to her.

I'll tell you from experience, when you get that feeling something is wrong, and I think a stern pussy warning for something as ridiculous as Kristen would count and activate the strobe lights and klaxons, run like hell because the strobe lights run at 20Hz and are annoying, and that intuition is never wrong.

The relationship is doomed to break or cuck. It's gratuitous because he's never expressed a desire have that power structure, and he's not dumb enough to warrant a mind control setup like this.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 6 years ago
How on earth did I miss this great, 5* romance?

Well, glad I found it, now!

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 5 years ago
Great story but the ending seemed a bit abrupt

I would like to have seen more into their relationship development and how they were going to handle having 2 kids with both of them probably being on the road together.

But that doesn't stop this story from being a good one that makes you smile.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Every time I come across a BG33 story I haven't read, I feel like a kid on Christmas morning.

HalfAsianWhoaHalfAsianWhoaabout 5 years ago
Only one question.

Did he cut off contact with his parents? I know they couldn't get custody but the rest of the situation seems unresolved.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Very good

A very good story about two wounded people who come together to heal. Beautiful karma and a.happy ending.

fritz51fritz51over 4 years ago
Yes, good one.

I'm doubling down on 26thNC's comments.

ewray321ewray321about 4 years ago
Great Story

Thanks.

jimjam69jimjam69about 4 years ago
Good story

Well done. Really wanted to see the parents punished more since they supported his prick brother and bitch wife while abandoning Henry.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Should have Restrained the grandparents

They should have ended with a restraining order placed against Henry's parents. Tit for tat and well justified by the criminal count against them. Good story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why

Why would he be contacted about Eli,he is not a blood relative,he was only married to his mother.Also where were both sets of grandparents?.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Beautiful

I first read this story 1-2 years ago on YouTube along with Pennies and Oh Brother. I've also read other author's stories from Literotica posted on YouTube. I'm fairly certain you didn't give your stories to these authors (scumbags) to post as their creations and make money on. Those accounts have since been terminated by YouTube. Anyway, I would like to complement you on your writing. Of all the great stories I've read on Literotica, one common idea that gets written in the comments deals with how the readers like to go back and reread those stories. Finding these stories again, and on a site that shouldn't disappear has made my day. I equate your site to buying that not so common record album where every song is great. I've liked everything you've posted. Keep the stories coming. I'm believe you have a huge following. QuietCritic AKA CC

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Great karma for the good and bad!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
@ Anon 12/17/20

Umm what don't you understand about blood relatives? His brother was Eli's father, which means that Henry is his uncle...by blood. Yes, we all read that Henry wasn't Eli's father and didn't get any visitation, but he's still a blood relative because of his relationship to Michael his brother. I hope this helps😁👍

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The parents managed to stay out of prison, but I personally wouldn't allow them access to the child after adopting him. "Grow up! I'll not have my son exposed to criminals such as my "former parents."

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyalmost 3 years ago

Nice! Very nice story. Very glad Henry’s wife (and Henry’s family) got their comeuppance’s. thank-you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Could use a little more to the ending. What his family did to him was downright evil. None of his family should ever be allowed to see Elias again. Call it child protection, karma or simple payback! Still a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

honestly, it wasn't terrible, but there was a definite lack of high and low. the acrimony between henry and his family and wife could have been expanded on much more, etc

overall, feels a bit like a summary

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good outline, but very sketchy. Should be "fleshed out" to a really good story!

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

Just loved the storyline a new relationship for Henry with Kazey, he gets Eli who was taken away from him, his ex-wife and brother go to prison and if that isn't karma I don't know what is. Well done, gets my 5 star vote.

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

The opening scene was brilliantly crafted and had me captured in the 1st sentence.

I wish I'd developed the characters more and indulged in the graduates sex a great deal less I wish I'd developed the characters more and indulged in the graduates sex a great deal less.

Also ultimately these stories not gestures have people falling in love in A-day or 3 days or a week and getting married in just a couple of months it's absurd.

Please take more time to develop your stories over a longer time line it seems more realistic and gives you time to develop your character's better

Again you're a great writer I'm looking forward to reading more of your stuff

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really enjoyed it, only wish we'd had more time getting to know everyone.

other2other1other2other1over 2 years ago

I'm still working through a lot of the authors various works, this includes BigGuy who is one of my favorites. I really enjoyed this story, I like how his MC's always come out on top.

The only think that I would have liked to have seen more of was something about a conversation with his parents where they regretted their actions, but the MC still keep them out of his life after he drops a bomb that he and his wife are expecting.

As always BigGuy, well written!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice short story.

4 stars.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great Story !!!!! I loved every part of it. Thanks

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 2 years ago

Another hit BG33! Thank-you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Reading this was like listening to someone you just met having an honest and open chat as you became friends. It read like a fairy tale and was totally believable. I get frustrated by some stories where you have to mentally correct the grammar or spelling errors and then get back to the story line and that didn't happen in this story. The only unanswered question I have is why the hell was his brother, his ex selling and his parents using/dealing drugs.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941about 2 years ago

One of your best, you have renewed my faith in your ability. Thank you

mac1729mac1729almost 2 years ago

Wonderful tale thanks for writing it

Ranger001Ranger001almost 2 years ago

I feel like this tale has the potential to become a much broader narrative: too many unanswered questions, or undeveloped possibilities. It's a great outline!! (And that outline is worth the 5🌟 rating I've given it.)

olddave51olddave51almost 2 years ago

Like many literotica stories it is unfinished, It is a great START.

Do they have another child? Do they go out on the road together of individually? New jobs? Does the relationship with his parents ever get repaired? After all they wanted the grandchild?

A comeuppance with the ex and his brother is needed, they have to face what they threw away.

Maybe a some forgiveness but not forgetting. Maybe Kazey's ex shows up and is cast away let him face what he threw away. Maybe Linda's family shows the family love she never showed. Having Linda sitting in the back when Eli graduates from High school. And last but not least having Henry & Kazey have a successful Life, Marriage and parenthood.

Tie it up in a nice bow. 4 stars

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementealmost 2 years ago

A good story and a nice read. I have one quibble, though. I realize that the grandparents had to have a conviction, so they could not take custody of Eli. Yet, having them convicted for being involved with Michael's drug business seems a bit of a stretch, as there was no mention of any evidence against them. While there were witnesses to Linda's involvement, we were not told of any against the grandparents. I would suggest that it could be put forward that they were to old to handle a young child so they would be out of consideration. Then, once Henry has custody, he can tell them “Since you threw me away, I will stay away. Unfortunately for you, that means you won't see Eli again until he is 18 yeas old and only if he seeks you out. You two might pass away before then, so it's possible you will never see him again. Good-bye.” Just my 2 cents worth. Thank-you

-

Pasqual

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Decent

Decent story,stopped being a good one with the poor ending There was room for a lot more,eg did he reconnect with his parents,did he father any children,did he get a truck licence?.

Tarloso2Tarloso2almost 2 years ago

Good story spoiled a little bit by the trunkated ending...needed more of the family being burnt personally

servant111servant111over 1 year ago

Nother good romance.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I agree with many of the comments…unless the story follows the main characters until death, then it is incomplete. The author also needs to devote several pages to each of the other characters in the story, so any fewer than 20 pages is totally unacceptable. Any attempt on the part of the author to get me to use my imagination is completely misguided, because I need the author to provide me with every detail. That’s certainly the author’s responsibility. (Okay, now I’ll try to pry my tongue from my cheek.)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Maybe a 6. I could have read on about the next 1-3 years of the boys explorations of life.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

A nice little love story, nice characters, quick but very near to a lot of people’s feelings when hurt, as a Brit I can’t understand why you would jump off a bridge when it’s so easy to get a gun in the US, ( going by how it’s portrayed over here) I just wish it was that easy over here to get a gun, I’d not be reading these that’s for sure.

How we feel what we do is different for everyone, I am a deep believer that we should be able to take our own lives if we want to, go somewhere safe to go, not have to slink off somewhere dirty.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story. However, the ending should have included regrets an reactions from his family. I hope Henry's parents now never get to see Eli again. That would be perfect karma. Would have made this a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is a really great story! It made me tear up when I read what Henry went through, but that was soon replaced with the heart warming part of Kazey meeting up with her son after doing a long haul over the road. The ending was a surprise in its own way. Different than I thought it would be, but a much better one!

mrdata9770mrdata977012 months ago

(5/3/2023) Loved this story. So, what happens in ten years? Does the evil B get early parole? Five stars!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Good st, but its the Department of Family and Protective Services.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Again, I think things moved way too fast. It was a good story though—very enjoyable.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Great story but too short.... definitely a 5 star rating. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This is one of your better stories, which is telling considering you apparently got tired of writing it and left it with a very lacking ending.

RzcanuckRzcanuck10 months ago

The author does do romance stories.

WetheNorthWetheNorth7 months ago

..... and they lived happily ever after.....

There is the full ending for the Harpies.

J6480J64806 months ago

Nice one big fella

woodrangewoodrange6 months ago

kids win. got to love it

willyk1212willyk12125 months ago

yes indeed good stuff

IndyOnIndyOn4 months ago

Another solid *5*

NoBullAlNoBullAl4 months ago

Yeah, this was a pretty good story!! Mostly a fantasy that makes you want to say aaaawwwwhhhh!!

willyk1212willyk12123 months ago

i think kazey and henry need a child now bring it all full circle

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Henry was a wimp. Too bad his asshole parents didn't get jail time

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBigGuy33@BigGuy33
Been writing stories for years, since I was a kid. Those were more tame and usually involved the head cheerleader falling in love with me. You won't see any willing cuckold stories, or any humiliation. I work in Loving Wives, Romance, and am branching into incest/taboo and gro...

SIMILAR Stories