All Comments on 'Something We Have to Talk About'

by nici

Sort by:
  • 767 Comments (Page 8)
AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

No man on earth would've sat listening to her five-minute rambling filibuster as he metaphorically hung there suspended above the bubbling lava. No, any man alive, beta or alpha, handsome or troll, professional or tradesman, would've yelled, "Just get to the point!" Silly writers like this need editors with all the sensitivity of a sociopath and the literary instincts of a veteran newspaper editor. Otherwise, you get cliché salad garnished with shredded trope served on a bed of stereotypes.

Schlouis57Schlouis5710 months ago

Arrêtez d'écrire. C'est d'une médiocrité. Le cou mérite d'être cocu car il n'a pas de couilles et elle est une salope qui mérite de se retrouver dans un bordel mexicain.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Thls story reminds me of the old adage about leading the horse to water, but not allowing it to drink. Two stars because I liked the style of writing, but not was written. The female character (hard pressed to call her a wife) needs to review her wedding vows!

mfbridgesmfbridges10 months ago

I don't really think any "normal" woman could go that far down the rabbit hole that she doesn't understand men at all. I'll tell you what before I supported her little affair. I'd spend every penny I had and not work a day of overtime. I'd have the house foreclosed on and move into a trailer. I know it would be tough on the kids, but they'd have to get over it. I wouldn't give her a penny for to spend on herself.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good lord. Talk about narcissistic personalities!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

So, what distinguishes the wife in this story from the wives in all those stories created by 'testosterone driven adolescents'? The only difference is that she skips the "It was only sex, it meant nothing to me" line of rhetoric and tries instead to dress it up as love, as though that somehow mitigates her reprehensible behaviour.

In all other respects she is a clone of all the warped narcissists created by TDAs, right down to threatening him with going nuclear in the divorce unless he puts his big boy pants on and gracefully accepts his new role as a live in cuckold. If that's her attitude towards the husband she so loves I shudder to imagine what she might have in store for him if she hated him!

The author doesn't help to dispel doubts about her own position in respect of how she views men by writing the husband as a weak, ineffectual man whose only response to this ambush is to shout a lot of filthy names at his wife then drink himself unconscious. There are a number of smart ways a man can deal with this but this is not one of them.

alan_deealan_dee9 months ago

That last bit of lecturing this author does is sad. That's how he is going to end his story and we have to accept it. Sounds like the female character in his story. If someone ones to write for themselves for whatever reason that's great, but to publicly post your story and basically give the bird to the reader and than telling us to deal with it is a great way to create fans. I'll share my single voice with 1 star

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Technically a well written story but the ending is just what Nici allowed, it's waiting for an ending. I'll have to look to see if Nici or another author has a proposed closing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

She loves him the most, but more than willing to bleed him dry, if he divorces. She cheats on him chronically, but if he even tries do find someone else, she again bleeds him dry in the divorce. The other dude knows all about him, but he cant know a single thing as its none of his business.

You started with a lot of melancholy and intensity, hinting that their might be actually thought provoking conversations, but i think you yourself got lost or tired with the initial intensity and just let it loose.

Her actions do not exhibit any love, compassion, remorse or sympathy.

It could have been interesting but ended up being staright up annoying.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice9 months ago

Wow, I read the intro about how writers put narcissistic wives into stories too often and that this story was going to be more realistic. Nope. A stereotypical narcissistic wife. Writing fiction is not a strength for this writer, and since the writer lied in the intro about the characters, writing non-fiction is out also.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This is not even realistic at all. The author is very deluded to say the least.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

"You vowed to honor and love me ". Every time this is used, it's meant to leash the husband and keep him In line. The question which door to choose is old and done to death. The point of reading is to see the choices a person makes. You failed due to your cleverness, and killed what had been a well written story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

What a stupid fucking broad. Jeeze Louise, she's mental if she thinks her husband is going to tolerate her BS for long. There's a higher law than that of the courts, and that's the Law of the Jungle.

That woman has no clue what she's set in motion.

But she'll find out, and she won't like it at all.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

i am wondering why Susan would not suggest taking her anonymous lover in for some professional psychotherapy & grief counseling. Clearly she & lover boy prefer the sex. Jonathan needs revenge & an exodus.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I agree with someone down here that nicci is very deluded! So, you think this, as BTB-story is something new? It’s obviously written from a woman’s perspective and she, unlike most stories in the BTB genre, is mostly written by men and woman aren’t treated very kind. But as you know with every story there is the protagonist and antagonist. Your protagonist is a woman and bye the way – there is no conclusion just a compilation of her accusations! Notice - He never even mentioned 'Divorce" and she goes off at a tangent becuase she had a year to practice - and she's the guilty party! A very averagse story! Yes I'm a man who is not imprsssed because you tried selling this as something new! The story written by poorrichard in his reaction to your story gives your story a tad more cedibility! But you're right! It's just a story - a work of fiction!

\

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Susan says she loves Johnathan but is having a sexual relationship with an unnamed lover. She humiliates him saying that no woman would want him as he is, that a woman'd want a man that can bring her unfelt passion, which her husband can't do. (Sarcastically) If that's not love, what is? Moreso, Susan then threatens him with severe poverty if he acts to divorce her.

Johnathan then succumbs to the bottle, getting beyond drunk. "If you want the bastard so badly that you'll sacrifice both your husband & marriage for, why not just divorce me & move in with him? That way you can continue having your great sex that you infer I can't give you?" remains the unasked questions.

You make Johnathan so weak & spineless it's disgusting. I like what PKenny5860 & Poorrichard did with the story, notably his responses, more than this story. Of which, I liked PKenny5860's a bit better. Susan's shown to be a happy bitch with her adultery & no signs she's sorry for anything. Nici shows the talents of being a much better writer than this. It seems that she's showing that wives should be able to do whatever, the marriage be damned.

Perhaps that's what's wrong as about 50% of marriages fail by one spouse or the other not worrying about the marriage vows. Don't know if it's wives moreso than husbands or vica versa, but it's saddening non the less.

Definitely, I don't like the characters in the story nor how the hard working husband's portrayed. But I recognize that it's the job of the author to make the reader feel. So with that, I give this a low 4 star rating. Bob

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I don't mark part complete stories. If the husband is as hotties as you say then in those circumstances you need resentment,rage and retribution. You leave a man with no reasonable option. Any animal cornered is dangerous.

pummel187pummel1878 months ago

How could you have missed such an obvious character flaw in her?

Because believe me it was there before you married her. That flaw my friend is SELFISHNESS 🤢🐷

brownlabbrownlab8 months ago

For those who read the comments first.

Spoiler alert: The story is only a opening scene well written if a little over used. IN MY HUMBLE OPINION IT IS INCOMPLETE. Since it was posted in 07 I can assume she is not going to add more. Read at your own risk.

brownlabbrownlab8 months ago

Oopsie, I was just too stupid to see the follow ones.so sorry for the bad review. Brb

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Okay, so our husband is told of her affair, of a year’s duration, and she is coldly admonishing him about his vow to “cherish” her, and not remark (in his moment of shock) that she’s been cheating on him having sex with another … bye the bye disregarding her vow to similarly “cherish” him (never mind omitting the ‘forsaking all others’ part). She contends its not tawdry sex but its a special love that she’ll have as a memory for her dotage when she’s all alone. Thereafter she threatens that if he divorces her she’ll take him to the cleaners with her boyfriend-lawyer’s assistance, and he’ll be living in poverty (shoebox and canned meat). Then she departs asserting that any more drunken outraged remarks from from him (on his first awful night with this hideous compelled cuckoldry vs poverty ultimatum delivered to him just hours earlier) and she’d be hating him (as distinct from her unchanged love expressed earlier … per her ultimatum??? … gasp!!)

WTF. Give our husband a few weeks/months to get his head together and overcome the initial shock, and you bet there will be a response. It cannot be submission long term. Who’d live like that with such an appalling person as this woman has showed herself to be.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Don’t waste your time. This should be titled Something you don’t need to read

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19698 months ago

Politically correct review is the wife is a retard.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Opowiadanie dla idiotow

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Finish the story!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Stupid cheating bitch.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Nice start, but it really needs a conclusion. Boyfriend lawyers are always full of shit. Jonathan should call that bluff tomorrow, or leave her destitute.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Another cheating slut loving her husband

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A humble suggestion to the author. The ending that is currently missing is extremely brief.

He: I'm glad you found someone to make you happy, or at least I hope he can. As you have informed me that he is a lawyer he can easily afford to support you. You will not get a cent of any kind of support from me. And dear, there are two things you should remember: (1) When you have your health, you have everything, and (2) the first is expensive - very expensive, but the second is free.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Why do so many authors use the "if you love me enough, you will let me get a mile of cock and still be married to me"?

It is delusional and insulting to our intelligence.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A wife that is a master manipulator. Me, as the husband, I would have been absolutely speechless. Thank you, I've never read a more concise and short description of what goes on in the head of a totally selfish and delusional woman, and how to artfully destroy a loving, unsuspecting husband.

5* for that.

Buster2UBuster2U5 months ago

10 Big Blazing Stars for this concise story of Marriage destruction. There is only one PROPER response from the husband. However, Mgmnt here at Lit won't typically allow me to write it. Tho it happens occasionally, somehow. Husband should NOT have gotten drunk and followed his wife over to lovers, bustered in and shot them both in the crotch with his .410 gauge Bond Shotgun pistol. Sure, they would bleed out if they didn't get attention, but it would effectively destroy their sexual organs and sex life like they destroyed the husbands. The Cheater Lawyer, loses his dick for fucking a married woman, the wife for thinking she was entitled to cheat. Neither to ever be able to have sex again. OK, it doesn't have to be a Bond .410 derringer. It could be a standard pump 12 gauge using bird shot. That would work also. The point is that she just destroyed her husband's entire life, he should return the favor in kind. Nothing else speaks as great as a 12 gauge shotgun. Thanks, Buster2U

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594195 months ago

Figures blah blah blah...etc

🙊🙈🙉💨🤢🤮

drbenchpress66drbenchpress665 months ago

Oh my god. You have got to be even more delusional than this joke of a fmc haha. I swear you have to be doing this to fuck with us. Cause there is no way you tried to say you think these female characters are all written too crazy/unrealistic, then proceed to write the most bat shit crazy, certifiable cheating slut wife I have ever encountered. Honestly I really hope you did it on purpose otherwise I don’t know what I’m even doing

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Forget the story line. Forgt the characters. The author's writing is very immature and without style. Disgusting.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Children who have felt a divorce do better in life than children who have to live in a broken home.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

When a spouse has an affair that lasts that long, it is more than an affair. It is now a way of life. The lies she told herself in the beginning have now become her truth. The excuses she used during this are all well within her soul. She needs serious mental health support, and their marriage is done. There is no chance of an RAAC, in this scenario.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I came here from another cheating wife story that someone was claiming was a copy of this. It's true, it was a copy. But at least it continued and didn't leave the reader hanging at the begining of a story.

silentsoundsilentsound4 months ago

Nicole is, or was, a deranged psychopath.

Cagi is severely mentally ill but nici takes the trophy.

xfac2021xfac20214 months ago

What was the point of this? At least the other versions finished the story

xMulexMule4 months ago

4*

Author compains about LW stories where wives have "full blown narcissistic personality disorder." Susan employs classic gaslighting, a full-blown narcissistic trait.

Well written. My heart bleads for Jonathan.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I don't know about the rest of the readers, but I'd hate to meet Nici in real life.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wow. He should have told her the truth…that she had betrayed and humiliated him, blackmailed him by threatening to take his kids, and revealed he was so worthless no one would touch him. Then he should have said that she had destroyed everything that made him a husband, father, and man just before he blew his brains out in front of her. Live with that, bitch!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wow.

So, the wifey did not realize that her husband, who was working vast amounts of overtime, and starting to slip a bit physically, needed exactly what she willingly gave to her seducer, or to her replacement for her husband.

The widower-lawyer was under stress, and needed a loving woman, love-making and sex?

So did her husband. He needed help with diet, attention, stress reduction, and all because of something outside of his control, the apparently ever-present wildfires into which his work-life was tied, along with the stress of earning enough money to keep it all going. She needed to acknowledge that overtime reduced stress for him in ONE way, but not in a way good for their relationship.

She abandoned him and gave what he needed and wanted, a loving supportive partner, herself, to another.

Faced with life with an unfaithful slut of a wife, hubby turns to the bottle. This is a bad choice, and even more evidence that the "love of her life" needs her, or had needed her, in the game with him, yet she had already faithlessly long ago abandoned him.

She WAS the grieving widower's solution, only her, and she was not her husband's solution. Narcissistic much, so far?

And she had the gall to threaten him with the worst consequences of divorce.

That is awfully close to malice aforethought, on the part of her and her lawyer-lover, and amoral. The lawyer certainly had malice aforethought, knowing that he could take advantage of a likely divorce outcome to screw any married woman who "helped" him.

She is so blind to her own vanity and rationalization for what she enjoys that she warns hubby of how their kids will be affected by his actions, not acknowledging that she was the author of those actions.

Wifey is faithless, reprehensible and a narcissistic slut.

Good luck to the hubby

Good story, but I am not sure that you have left us with a woman who acted rationally, and is without mental illness.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Powerfully written, despite some grammar and spelling here and there.

But I was duped by intro ... this wife is detached from reality ,,, whether a narcissist, sociopath whatever doesn't matter ... he absolute lack of empathy and love for her husband is mind boggling. In every way she put herself and her lover ahead of her husband and then had the absolute audacity to before beat him with shame and disappointment that he (her husband) was not holding up his wedding vows. And further detailing how she had discussed and plotted with her over year long lover (who she makes clear is not only great sex but loves!) to make sure the MC is aware how fucked he is everyday he could possibly turn and the only right thing is for him to love her enough to acquiesce and be happy for her (could she be more narcissistic?).

deependerdeepender3 months ago

So SHE's the one to blame for "frail male ego"!!!!!!!!!!

SlomoverSlomover2 months ago

What kind of woman would treat her husband like that and claim she loved him. She is a cruel narcissistic bitch. She is lucky he didn’t kill her. She is the very lowest form of a human.

nixroxnixrox2 months ago

1 star - not just NO but FUCK NO.

This husband needs to pack his bags and move to another state, or better yet, to another country.

Leave his kids with his parents and send them money to look after the kids, until he sends for them.

Forget the slut and move on with his life.

Good mechanics can always find work - anywhere.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

She’s lucky he loved her enough to hit the wall. Most men I know would’ve knocked her out cold, then dragged her sorry ass outside naked and never spoken to her again. If they didn’t outright strangle her from their rage.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I your intro you complain about narcissistic women, then you write a story with one in it.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Not much! That's what I think about this story.

CockatooCockatooabout 2 months ago

Would you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE link this or put it in the same series as the two sequels you've written? You wrote more, but left us all hanging in this woefully incomplete state.

As it is, you completely missed your stated goal. You don't have equal characters behaving realistically. You've got a scheming, cheating narcissist who completely sandbagged her husband with her long-term affair without showing even one scrap of remorse, and all the guy does is reel back from the assault. That's not consistent with your stated goals at the beginning.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A hint for your future stories. By your MCs question"do you love him"?? dumb on your part..by that statement you insinuate the affair would be acceptable by her or any husband if she did.. Very wrong on your part,all a husband gives a dam about is the fact she cheated and is in an affair,end of discussion!!.The other thing thats all wrong with your MC is the husband choosing to burying himself in a bottle instead giving her a beating and tossing her out the door or himself leaving a vapour trail in his hurry to exit from her life...Where do you come up with a MC like that,you must live a sheltered life..no man/husband I know did or would have reacted so meek. Unfortunately I have seen and heard about the real reaction/ results of some husbands to a wifes cheating. Try real hard to be realistic in your tales,believable fiction makes a tale complete...OK first story with this theme,but too similar to many others ... 2 stars..JZK..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

"Yes, this is how I'm ending my very first cheating wife story."

-

Don't lie. You didn't end the story. You just stopped writing. There is a big difference.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Half credit for half a story. Three stars.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

You said you wanted to write a different kind of story but you really didn't. Susan dropped that "I thought you'd love me enough" line. And the threats of ruining him in a divorce. Went to her lover to spend the night. As usual in these kinds of stories I want to see Susan burned. She's a terrible person and deserves to lose it all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

What story! You have only written a few lines. I think you are delusional about your ability. You state you live in a relationship and are bi. lt would be terrible to live with a person who thinks so little of the word love and what it means. But there are millions of narcisic selfish feminist men hating women around these days. It is not a good world to be part of, it may be another reason for so much domestic violence in the western world.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Real life isn't openly or heartily accepted by the BTB-hungry LW readers and commenters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Just as clichéd as any LW story on this site, made even worse by the author's brag that she was writing something new. The wife is incredibly stupid. 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

She acted foul and her husband spoke foul. Standard lit male emasculation fare.

consulting91consulting91about 1 month ago

This is a great start to a story. You laid out all the pieces and gave the MC a decision to make, but he never got to make it.

I would love to read the next chapter to see what happens.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Not even a hint at an ending! Not even worth a 1.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

"I love you, you are the father of my children and my soulmate."

"If you try to divorce me I'll take you to the cleaners, see to it that you are left destitute and homeless and never see your children again". Very loving, I must say. I shudder to imagine how she might treat him if she didn't love him so much.

JR

tiredandoldtiredandold26 days ago

Cowards way out. Start a used up story line about a mentally challenged woman and leave the story hanging.

oldtwitoldtwit23 days ago

I think I've said it before on one of your stories that I would put money on having read this before, but it went a lot further on, sorry if thatsnot true, my only way of knowing if I've read something is to vote on it, I always log in on this site just for that reason

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Pathos and pain. Author laid out the wife's claim. It was awfully demanding polyamory. The betrayed husband was supposed to accept being a submissive cuckold? Where does the broken hearted go short of murder?

desecrationdesecration19 days ago

Once the marriage gets to the point of this kind of narcissism, it is time to dig a deep long hole and bury it. Find some old lumber, nail together an unsteady cross, and write RIP on it with a Sharpie, then put it at the top of the hole. The couples I know who tried polyamory were really on their way out. They wanted to be married but not to be married, and it always ends in divorce or one partner getting more out of it until the other just moves away.

1...345678
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous