All Comments on 'Sometimes You Gotta Run Away'

by GingerM

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
tabbymidnitetabbymidniteover 9 years ago
Very interesting story

Loved the detail and the descriptions of the characters. Loved to read more about Penny. Just a real nice hot story. Kept my interest till the end, then didn't want it to be done. Thank you

GingerMGingerMover 9 years agoAuthor
Reply

@tabbymidnite - Thank you for your very kind words! I actually wrote another, shorter story before this, featuring Penny, Rhiannon and Arc, though the setting occurs after this one, which is why I opted to post this one first. I hope to have the sequel up soon. And who knows... if the person who owns the character of Penny permits, I may well have more stories of two hermaphrodite horsegirls and their sexual adventures :)

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 9 years ago
Unexpected gem

and thoroughly kinky. Feeling debauched, so 5* and a favorite, too.

Is the word "hir" use deliberate? I get it's supposed to be gender neutral, but sometimes seemed at odds with the story flow. Not a stumbling block, just a pebble to step around.

tnt30tnt30over 9 years ago

Loved it! I thought the pace was perfect. Wonderfully arousing and satisfying story.

GingerMGingerMabout 9 years agoAuthor
Reply

@tnt30 - Thank you very much. There is a sequel which I may yet post, although it was actually written first... in which Rhia and Penny go to a rave and enjoy themselves quite thoroughly :)

@TJSkywind - Yes, "hir" is deliberate, though not so much as to be gender-neutral as to be, I guess, gender inclusive, to show that *Rhiannon* does not consider hirself one or the other but both. Penny, on the other hand, uses "her" (though I think I may have messed up at one point), because despite having both penis and vagina, she *thinks* of herself as female.

agamottoagamottoabout 9 years ago
Wonderful story,

Please do post the sequel, I would love to read it, and any others in this setting. I find your work to be quite enjoyable to read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I guess I'm a bit more demanding of authors than others;

I find it very difficult to find out, after the fact, about the intentional use of 'hir' and then be OK with it. Especially when the warm fuzzy ending of the story is completely fallacious. Penny had no testicles. A point was made of the fact she had no testicles. So, how did the SPERM necessary for successful breeding come about?

I know the response on Lit is usually, 'Oh, you can accept (insert the appropriate scenario dependent upon the story. In this case is 'animal' people), but you have a problem with Penny siring a foal?'

Yes. The reason being the good authors weave the aborations into the plot without detracting from the story. Explain the spermless procreation and I have no problem; explain why Rhiannon uses 'hir' rather than 'her'. Not as an after thought, IN THE WRITING.

To do otherwise insults your talents. Is it difficult sometimes? Yes, but if writing well was easy, everyone would do it. Do the hard work; your talent will be properly respected and your skills will improve. You won't regret it.

I am now stepping off the soapbox.

GingerMGingerMalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Response

@Anonymous, April 30th - About the use of 'shi' and 'hir', I preferred to let the reason for the usage be inferred by context rather than an outright explanation. There was simply no way to do it that wouldn't interrupt the narrative flow. Evidently you didn't find it worked for you. P. T. Barnum's dictum applies in this situation: "You can't please all the folks all the time."

As for Penny - she comments that she has no balls, when she's with Amando, which is true. She has no external testicles. No rule against internal testicles, is there? Goodness knows there's any number of stories about futanari who have no visible balls, but who regularly impregnate girls and each other with ease. Besides, I draw your attention to the fact that Penny's referred to as a herm, just as Rhiannon is, several times. I use the word for a very specific reasons. Look up the definition of hermaphrodite; it means a being with ovaries and testicles; i.e., able to make both ova and spematozoa.

Please take your soapbox with you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGingerM@GingerM
345 Followers
Live life to the fullest, love with a full heart. I am Whimsy... I am a restless, inconstant star; I come and go as my desires move me, I take the adventure that comes to me. I am Whimsy. Woman, writer, dreamer; silly, pensive, playful; a study in opposites, a conundrum sh...

SIMILAR Stories