All Comments on 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow'

by Omenainen

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
OmenainenOmenainenalmost 2 years agoAuthor

My “Arctic Night” is a slower, more romantic take on these characters, so go check that out if you liked them together :)

MaonaighMaonaighalmost 2 years ago
Excellent!

An enjoyable little follow up to Arctic Night. You are certainly on a roll here, so keep on writing lovely stories like this and you'll be a winner every time!

VikingboyVikingboyalmost 2 years ago

Very nice. A couple of ".... in Reykjavik" or ".... at Keflavik" moments, but otherwise, very good! Katja and Bríð are definite favorites.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 2 years ago

❤🧡💛💚💙💜

XactoXactoalmost 2 years ago

A very fun and lovely story! ❤️❤️❤️

MigbirdMigbirdalmost 2 years ago

So easy to get caught up in your creativity without realizing the connection with the beautifully written “Arctic Night”. Simply want to call attention to two of your lines/scenes that resonated in very different ways at the start and end of this piece: “… towing the suitcase behind her. One of the wheels was a bit wonky, and she needed to yank it every few steps to force it to follow smoothly.” OMG - happens to all of us, and put so well/easily while grounding us/your characters. The second occurred at the end of this piece: “Together they looked at the mess they'd made of the bed. “It's the art of us," said Katja softly and kissed her neck. "We should get that framed." Again, OMG, so romantic/ moving — captures their moment/their art. Seriously — beautiful. Thanks for continuing to share this relationship.

TarnishedPennyTarnishedPennyalmost 2 years ago

The awkwardness of meeting, the inconvenience of weather - how real, how lovely, how delightful!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Slurpy29Slurpy29almost 2 years ago

A very romantic and loving short little story. The interaction between the characters and the flow of the story was perfect.

Aurora_DickensonAurora_Dickensonalmost 2 years ago

Beautifully written, engaging from the outset.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 1 year ago

Sometimes a first of something can turn awkward …. Feelings bubble to surface we never knew exist ….. but with a little help from a friend ……. Lovely get together 💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOmenainen@Omenainen
I write stories I like to read and publish them here in hope someone else might enjoy them too. Comments are much appreciated. English is not my first language, so go easy on my mistakes. I’m also writing under a second penname with the wonderful AwkwardMD. Our collaborat...