All Comments on 'Son of Mars and Venus Ch. 01'

by AlexCLawrence

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AlexCLawrenceAlexCLawrenceabout 5 years agoAuthor
How to reach me

Enjoyed this tale, or thought there was something you would have liked to see?

Use the Send Feedback option, or navigate to my profile and contact me. Thanks for reading :)

_MissBehavingBadly__MissBehavingBadly_about 5 years ago

Great writing of a story waiting to be written!

CapDragon121CapDragon121about 5 years ago
It's a great start!

Yeah, I am the 'editor' and he's my editor in return, but I can vouch for Alex's excellent writing skills and grammar.

The chapter is very well paced and draws in the reader. The world is well crafted and detailed.

I am really looking forward for the next chapter. From what I know of Alex, I know he will bring out a really well thought out and an intricately woven plot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
good story start but does need some editing in places

Really like the story idea. Keep an eye out though for some grammatical issues. Nothing major. "a tailor stood outside their store, holding aloft fine silk as they sang of its quality, and..." for example. Should say "his (or her) store and (they) should be dropped. A couple of others. But as I said...really like the story and definitely still want the rest of the story. 5 stars from me.

AlexCLawrenceAlexCLawrenceabout 5 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous

Recently joined a writer's group, and I'll just need to give my own critique of someone's work and editing suggestions before I can receive some in kind.

Stay tuned, quality will increase over time as I build my readership, get access to editing services, and practice my craft. Thanks for the specific example, I'll keep an eye out.

This chapter will receive an edit later down the track when I have fresh eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Good Read

Keep it up, I can't wait for more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
gritty epic fantasy series.

a gritty epic fantasy series. That description from your biography sounds great the only problem I can see is you also said around 60-70 chapters. Seeing as it's been nearly 3 months since you posted the first chapter is there any news on when we can expect another chapter to be posted?.

Even if you manage to post a chapter a month, it will take 5-6 years to finish the book if it is 60-70 chapter long. If you are going to take 3 or more months between chapters many of your readers will probably be dead before you finish the book LOL.

I imagine you have read Teflers TSM series and seen that he is making quite a nice living out of it and think you will do the same thing with Son of Mars and Venus. From what I read in the first chapter I think that you can make a living out of this story, whether you will be a successful as Tefler only time will tell. But one thing I can tell you with certainty is that you will have to post a lot more than one chapter every three months or more to be anywhere near as successful as TSM.

Good luck with your writing and I hope to see more chapters post soon.

AlexCLawrenceAlexCLawrenceabout 5 years agoAuthor
@Anon

Hey, thanks for reading. I'm happy to say your comment snapped me awake and I stared with horror at the calendar. I updated the profile to provide clarification on plans for the story. Such a long gap isn't going to be the case for future chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
???

It's been awhile since you posted and told us you were going to start posting soon.

Did you go back to sleep Alex.?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
?????

are you going to actually finish this or not?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Another unfinished story.

Even though it was a good well written story I still feel like I wasted my time reading another never to be finished story.

Could someone please tell me why people like Alex even bother writing stories when they never finish them.?

Oh well, I'll just have to add this story to the thousands/tens of thousands? of other good but unfinished stories floating around the net.

Gave it the one star it deserves for being unfinished.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlexCLawrence@AlexCLawrence
32 Followers
UPDATE 27/04/2020: It's been forever, I know. Project hasn't been abandoned! A mixture of multiple obligations, priorities, and re-thinking the story structure of the first book are a potent mixture of slowness. I stand by my initial estimate of release dates - apart from th...