Son, We Need to Talk!

Story Info
My father's problem causes problems for my marriage.
5.7k words
3.9
79.8k
80
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Regguy69
Regguy69
1,112 Followers

I struggled with how I wanted this one to end. The MC is put in a pretty tough place and has to decide how he wants to live out his life. I am sure some of you will have suggestions for a different ending, so please share them.

I am well aware I am a work in progress. I am happy to read all comments and suggestions. Technical advise/instruction is always welcome. I hope you enjoy this.

It was Friday night, well actually it was Saturday morning. I just helped the owner close up the pizza joint where I worked part-time. I'd had a good night delivering pizzas. I'd delivered stacks of pies to four different parties and the tips were always good on "party deliveries." As an 18 year old high school senior, the cash from this delivery gig was about as good as it got. I made more in two nights than my buddies made working 5 days at other part-time jobs.

I turned into the driveway of my parents home and coasted to a stop in my nearly silent Honda Civic. I unlocked and eased the back door open as quietly as possible. It was almost 2:30am, so I didn't want to wake my parents. I walked through our little mud room and into the kitchen. I flicked on the light, I was stunned to see my father sitting at the kitchen table.

"Dad?.. why are you still up?"

"Son, we need to talk."

Shit! No kid wants to hear his father say those words. I wracked my brain trying to think of what I might have done that would have pissed him off enough to make him wait up for me.... I got nothing! Slowly, I pulled out a chair and sat down facing him. "Okay..."

"Robby, I'm sorry to dump this on you this way, but your mother has left me.... Left us."

"But, she was here when I got home from school and she was still here when I left for work at 6:00."

"I know, I talked to her before I left to go to my Friday night bowling and she seemed fine. Hell, she even kissed me goodbye. I got home at my usual time, around 11:30, and found this note on the table." He handed me the note.

Dear Steven,

I know this is a cowardly way to do this, but I did not have the strength to do this face to face. Steve, there is no easy way to say this, I have not been happy for a good while and I need to get away. I have taken the clothes and jewelry I need and moved half of our money into my own account. The car is in my name already and I bought separate insurance for it. I signed off the deed to the house when I was at the bank, so it's yours.

Steven, you have been a good husband and a great father to our beautiful son. Please know, I love you both and always will. Robby is an adult now and you have always been strong, so I know the two of you can carry on without me.

I'm sure you have to be asking yourself why I'd do something like this? Well, after 21 years as a housewife and mother, I guess I just need to explore the world. I know this is horribly selfish of me to turn my back on you two and go off to "find myself." It is such a new age cliche, yet I feel compelled to follow my heart.

Steve, I am NOT leaving you for another man. However, if I meet someone during my travels who interests me, I intend to experience everything life has to offer. I know that hurts you and I'm sorry. I know you may want to divorce me and I can't stop you, but I have not, and will not, be filing for divorce. In my heart, I believe I will be returning to you someday, but I'm not naive enough to believe you would welcome me back with open arms.

Robby, my darling son, I love you so much! I'm sure you will also be hurt by my abandonment, but it's something I must do. Please look after your father. The two of you are strong and independent men. I hope that some day you will be able to forgive me.

Please don't look for me. Please allow me to do this crazy thing. I will email my sister, from time to time, to let her know I'm alive, but she won't know where I am.

With all my love,

Martha

I looked up into my father's tear streaked face, "Jesus! She's really gone."

"Robby, I am just as stunned as you are. I had no idea she was unhappy, she never said a word about it. God! Why didn't she talk to me, we've always been open with each other, I just don't understand this."

"Dad, I'm here for you. I love my mother, but she left us and it sounds like she's not coming back anytime soon, if ever. You need to go to the bank and see a lawyer about this. I'm not saying divorce her, but you need to know what your options are here."

Steve wiped his face and looked at me. "You're right, Son. She's made her choice and we need to get on with our lives." And that's just what we did.

Fifteen years later, I pull up in my Dad's driveway and stop. My wife of nine years turns to me and says, "you grab the food from the back and I'll get the twins and Grandpa's presents into the house."

I pop the back hatch on Amy's new minivan and she ushers our 7 year old twins into the back door. I gather the birthday cake and other food Amy prepared and carry it to the large picnic table by the pool. I looked around and took in the changes Dad and Mary had made to the backyard. The pool, the decking, all the plantings and the outdoor furniture looked great.

The twins burst out of the back door, now in swim trunks, and rushed to the pool. After I watched them jump in, I turned back to the house to see Mary helping my Dad through the door. I move to them and helped dad to his seat of honor at the picnic table.

Once seated, Dad smiles at me and shakes his head. "55 years old and barely able to walk, pitiful!"

"Well Dad, heart attacks do seem to slow most folks down a bit. The Doctors say yours was pretty bad and it's only been about 4 months. They said it would take you about a year to get your strength back."

"Yeah, I suppose I'm lucky, but you know how I am. I don't like being weak and dependent on others."

"Yes, I know you, but buck up, old man, you'll be back to your old self in no time. Today is your birthday, so stop being a grumpy old man." I smiled and my dad just chuckled.

Two years later and we're back for his 57th birthday. This time Dad is dashing about taking care of everything. As the party winds down he sits with me as we watch my kids and our wives splashing about in the pool.

"Robby, you seem a bit distant today, is there something bothering you?"

I try to smile, but I just don't feel it. I'm staring at Amy as I say, "oh, I'm fine, Dad."

My dad follows my gaze and then turns back to me, "Rob, talk to me, something is troubling you, what is it?"

I sighed, "It's Amy, Dad. I... I think she's cheating on me, but I can't prove it. She's just been different these past few months. Now that the boys are into sports and school stuff, she has more free time and I think she is involved with someone. But shit, she never goes anywhere alone except to the grocery store. Any other time she goes out she is with Mary or the kids, or both. I know it's stupid, but I feel it in my gut. Hell, I even had her followed for a few weeks. The guy said she does legitimate errands or comes over here to hang out. She seldom ever does a GNO with the neighbor ladies and when she does, she's home by 10:30, besides, it's been almost a year sense she went out with them. So I can't prove anything. Hell, our sex life has been great and she's been very loving, but I just know something is off."

"Fuck!... I was hoping this wouldn't happen. Son, you and I need to talk about this. I have some information for you, but now is not the time to do that. Mary and Amy are going to the outlet mall tomorrow to buy the boys some new clothes. They will take the boys and be gone for a few hours. Come over when they leave and we'll talk."

"Dad? You're worrying me, from the look on your face, I'm not going to like this, am I?"

"Robby, just come over tomorrow, I'll explain it all to you."

I didn't like it, but I just nodded my okay.

The next day dad handed me a beer and stood by the kitchen table. He had his laptop and a thumb drive on the table. "Okay, Son, we need to talk." He gestured for me to sit and he sat down as well.

"Rob, when your mom left, I was a mess. My ego was shattered and I feared I would spend the rest of my life as a lonely old man. Then a few years later I met Mary. I was smitten with her right away, but I knew she was out of my league. She's very attractive and she's 10 years younger than me. I'm not sure why, but she fell for me and we ended up married. I love her with all my heart and would do anything to keep her happy."

"I know all that, Dad, but what's that got to do with Amy?"

"Rob, after my heart attack, the Doctors put me on a lot of medications. Those medications caused me some problems. By that, I mean they caused persistent ED. I know some men start having trouble with ED at my age, but it was never a problem for me before. Mary is a very passionate woman and we were very, very active sexually."

"Jesus, Dad, I'm sorry that has happened. Can't you take pills or something? Has Mary been complaining? Is she also cheating?"

"Robby, just let me finish, ok?" Seeing me nod, he continued. "Mary never complained. I bought toys and did other things to give her some relief, but I knew she wasn't very happy with our sex life.

"Do you remember when you took the boys camping? Well, Amy came over and had dinner with us. We were sitting in the family room having some wine and I dosed off. It was about half an hour later the women got me up and I went to bed. Amy had a lot of wine so she slept on the couch that night."

"Oh yeah, I remember that, it was right before I first noticed the changes in Amy."

"Robby, after my heart attack, I had my security system upgraded and Mary asked them to put a camera up to cover the den. That way she could keep an eye on me as I dozed in my recliner. Well we never had it removed.

A week after Amy was here I got an email saying the warranty was about to expire. I logged into the system to get some information and happened to see the history folder. Rob, I don't know why, but I clicked on it and scrolled through it. I remembered falling asleep on the ladies and wondered if they'd made fun of the old man after I went to bed. I pulled up footage and watched. Maybe I shouldn't have."

Dad pressed a key then spun the laptop around to face me.

"Amy, I love him so much, I could never hurt him, but I just get so horny. I know he does all he can to please me, but I've been having these fantasies about some stuff I did in school and they're driving me crazy."

"Well Mary, we all did some crazy shit in school. Are you remembering some stud you dated?"

Mary blushed deeply, "No, I never dated any Studs, just Duds in college." She laughed and Amy joined in.

Mary's mouth dropped open when Amy said "Yeah, me too. I got better sex from my roommate than from any of my dates."

Amy realized the wine had loosened her up a bit too much and said, "Oh my god, Mary, I can't believe I said that! I'm so sorry if I grossed you out!"

Mary glanced around the room then took Amy's hand into both of hers. "Amy, those fantasies I been having, they're about my old roommate. We were secret lovers for 3years! Every time I think of her, I get wet."

"So Mary, are you Bi? Does Steve know?"

"Oh no, I've never said anything to Steve about her. The truth is, I don't think I am Bi-sexual. I've never had the slightest interest in any other girl... until very recently. Now those fantasies have me all worked up and, oh, I don't know, I find myself putting a new face onto my old memories. It's so intense, I feel like I'm cheating on Steve.

"Mary, I don't blame you. I have a great sex life with Robby, but I still fantasize about the things Judy and I did together. Robby gives me great oral sex, but girl sex is just something special."

Mary chuckled then said, "Well, aren't we the pair! Two happily married women wetting our panties talking about girl sex! If we keep this up we'll be ripping each other's clothes off!"

Mary then giggled like a school girl and Amy joined in. Slowly they stopped giggling, Mary leaned in and kissed Amy softly on the lips. Amy froze for a second and then responded. Their kisses intensified and Mary moaned into Amy's mouth.

Mary slid a hand up Amy's skirt and began to rub her through her damp panties. Amy began to unbutton Mary's blouse and quickly had a taunt nipple in her mouth.

Mary broke away and stood up. "Amy, I know we shouldn't do this, but I'm so fucking horny and I want you so badly. Please baby, let me love you."

Amy stood and took Mary's hand and followed her out of the camera's view.

The video ended and Robby sat back in his chair, too stunned to speak.

"I assume they went to one of the guest rooms. I slept through the whole thing and never had a clue." Steve said.

"Wait, you've known about this for several months and you didn't tell me? My wife is cheating on me and you didn't think you should tell me? What the fuck, Dad!"

"Robby, I love you, you're my only son and I'd give my life for you, but I love Mary too. She is my wife and her happiness means everything to me, but the truth is I was just too afraid."

"Afraid, Dad? Afraid of what?"

"Look Robby, my problem with ED makes me feel like I'm not really a man. Mary is a beautiful, sexual woman. Guys flirt with her all the time, everywhere she goes. I can no longer give her the type of sex we enjoyed for years. I was afraid she would be tempted to give into one of those assholes that hit on her, just to feel a hard cock again, to have REAL sex again. God, Robby, I'm so ashamed."

"Look Dad, I can't even begin to imagine how you must feel, but Mary loves you and she was never going to say yes to some dickwad that hit on her. This thing with Amy, fuck, I don't know what that is. Clearly they both hid something of themselves from us and maybe they even hid it from themselves. But, they still cheated on us!"

"ARE cheating on us, Rob, they've been together a few times sense this video. I knew about most of them, but pretended I didn't."

"Why? For gods sake Dad, why would you let her cheat on you?"

"Because I'm selfish! I knew Mary was getting antsy about sex, because I wasn't fulfilling her needs. Well, all that stopped when she hooked up with Amy. In fact she even initiates sex with me now and I love that. She's happy again, so I've been happy. Robby, I know they really care for each other and I honestly think Amy does it mostly to keep Mary placated. Sure she enjoys it, but not like Mary."

"Wait, are you saying Amy is only having sex with Mary so she will be happy staying with you? Why do you say that?"

"A couple of days ago, when they thought I was in the garage, I heard them talking. Amy said she was feeling really guilty about what she had been doing. She told Mary she liked being with her, but she couldn't risk losing you. Mary told her she thought maybe this adventure had pretty much run its course and she agreed they should stop. Then she said maybe just one more time. I could tell Amy was not happy about it but she agreed to go along with it."

"Well, regardless of her motivation, she's still cheating on me. Jesus Dad, you've really put me in a bad spot here! You're basically asking me to sacrifice my wife so you can keep yours, that's really fucked up, Dad."

My dad looked up at me and, for the first time sense mom left us, I saw tears sliding down his cheeks. "Robby, I'm so ashamed of what I have done. I should have put a stop to this weeks ago. I'm a coward, I just couldn't face the pain of losing my wife again." He then broke down sobbing. I just sat there, I didn't know what to say to him.

Finally, he sniffed and said, "Robby, I know I have no right to ask this of you, but can you just not say anything to Amy for the next few days?"

"Why would I do that Dad? I have to end this. You know Mary doesn't really want to quit and Amy isn't willing to force the issue. Am I just supposed to continue sharing my wife forever?"

"No! I think Mary and I will be fine without Amy's help. Rob, I met with a new urologist about my ED. He called my Cardiologist and together they came up with a plan to help me. I got different meds from the cardiologist and some new meds from my urologist. It will take a few days for the new meds to take effect, but I think this may end my ED problems."

"Well, I hope things work out for you. So, you think once you're back in the saddle, Mary will lose interest in sex with Amy?"

"Robby, I promise you I will tell Mary she is finished with Amy or she is finished with me. If my dick is working again and she still wants something else, then I've lost her and that will end things. BUT! If things return to normal, I believe I can forgive her and work to rebuild our relationship."

I sighed deeply, "ok Dad, I'll hold off through this weekend. I hope things work out for you, but I just don't know what I'll do about Amy. God! What a fucking mess!"

"Robby, you are stronger than I've ever been. We both know Amy loves you with all her heart. Please take time to really consider all the factors in this mess. Amy was trying to help save my marriage, I will forever be in her debt. I know it is different for you. You have to make your own decisions, but Robby, that girl loves you and I know you love her."

I didn't know what to say. My mind is a complete mess. I just nodded at my father and said, "work things out with Mary. I won't say anything to Amy for the next week, but I can't let it go any longer."

Six days later my smiling father spun his laptop toward me and pressed a button. I heard Mary speaking.

"Thanks for coming Amy, I need to talk with you."

"Mary, before you say anything I have to tell you, I just can't do this any more. I love you and Steven, but you're going to have to work things out with him because, I'm out! I fear I may have already destroyed my marriage. I'm going to tell Rob what I've done and beg him to forgive me."

"Amy, I love you. You helped save my marriage. I feel awful that I might have cost you yours. I promise I will do anything I can to help you."

The woman embraced and you could hear Amy softly crying. "Mary, I hope it works out for you and Steven."

"Oh my God, honey! It already has! That's why I never called you this week. Steven is back! He got new meds and he screwed me silly all week!"

The women embraced again and Amy said, "oh Mary, that's wonderful!"

"Amy, send the twins over Friday and I'll keep them overnight. You need to talk to Robby and explain what happened. Tell him the truth, tell him it was all my fault, but it's over and will never happen again."

"Okay, I'm just terrified he will divorce me for cheating. I deserve it, I cheated, no getting around that. Yes, you may have influenced me that first time, but I went along with it because I wanted it too. Oh God, Mary I'm so frightened."

"Oh Amy, I'm so sorry! Had I not been so weak and so horny none of this would have happened. It was me that started it, and if we hadn't been drunk, it never would have happened. Amy, I will tell Rob it was all my fault and he shouldn't blame you!"

"Mary, if it only happened once, maybe, just maybe, Rob would believe that. But Mary, how do I explain the other three times? I could have told Robby the morning after the first time and stayed away from you, but I didn't. No, I cheated, I have no excuses. I was trying to help you and Steve, but I also wanted to be with you. Each time, I suffered tremendous guilt after we were together. I knew it was wrong and I used saving your marriage to justify my cheating. No, I am a cheating slut, not a savior." Amy then collapsed sobbing.

Mary held Amy in her arms, "Oh Amy, what have we done? If Robby leaves you I know Steven will eventually figure it out. I've totally fucked up all of our lives!"

"Mary, we are at Robs mercy. If I can convince him to stay because of the twins, maybe, in time, I can win back his trust. I swear on my children's lives I will never give him a reason to doubt me ever again!"

Regguy69
Regguy69
1,112 Followers
12