Sorta Fairytale

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

What Kabal saw in the next few moments was truly a gift.

Tahatan was a brilliant student who invented new armor, weaponry and even communications technology all before graduating high school at the age of ten. While Orion continued to develop Kabal's speed, strength, and agility, making him an excellent athlete.

Kabal encouraged the boys to always remain humble, despite their gifts. He loved them both, and he was most proud of when they could find ways to work together. This led to them finding ways to go to the same schools, start humanitarian causes, and at the age of twenty-one, they joined forces with the Fire God Liu Kang to defend Earthrealm.

And that was how they were put in a position to retake the hourglass.

Tahatan's voice echoed though Kabal's mind, like a movie narrator. "You grew up poor. But you taught us never to give into greed. You taught us to value and take pride in our culture and our family."

Kabal was now treated to images of the boys as small children. Sareena taught them how to cook, then as a family, they donated food, and volunteer hours to a homeless shelter.

Kabal taught them how to fight using wooden weapons, (and also bandaged their scraped up arms and legs.) He always praised their efforts.

As a result, the boys grew up to be true heroes of the realm.

Kabal doubled over in pain as Tahatan released his hold. Part of him truly did want to die, at the thought of losing his children forever.

"Dad, this is not goodbye," Tahatan said.

Orion stood next to his brother as a portal opened. "We will watch over you and Mom, on this island, for the rest of your days. And when the time comes, you will join us in heaven as elder Gods, to rule by Lord Liu Kang's side."

Kabal knew he had no choice but to say goodbye. "I love you."

"We know," Tahatan replied. "We always knew. And we will be forever grateful."

The portal closed, leaving Kabal alone. He walked back to the house where Sareena was standing by the fireplace. She appeared to be placing a flower on a photo alter. "It's been six years since they disappeared."

"Six years?" Kabal asked with concern. Was this an entirely new timeline?

"I just wish we found something. I hate holding on to the idea that they were kidnapped, or their little bodies were washed away never to be seen again."

Kabal took her hand. "We have each other."

"Yeah, we do." Sareena turned to him and stroked his cheek, down his jawline to his throat.

It was only then Kabal realized, he had no breathing apparatus. His body was completely human and completely healed. And there was only one thing he wanted to do.

12