All Comments on 'Soul Mates'

by payenbrant

Sort by:
  • 227 Comments (Page 2)
payenbrantpayenbrantover 8 years agoAuthor
To Anon Jerry.

Thank you for leaving a name. I do understand where you are coming from. I guess I don't care about the score too much. What I care truly is about what people think, about the response people give me. The tons of emails I have received telling me to cut my own genitalia off have been very entertaining! The vast majority have been telling me in private message their feelings. What my story stirred in them. Honestly I have a better understanding now of what people expect. Any sort of paranormal aspect immediately means they discount it. Which I was torn on. For the central theme was always about fidelity...and what choices are available to someone. There were some minor additions to it of Romance and Nonhuman, and even a smattering of erotic couplings. I personally was going to put it in nonhuman, but my test readers out voted me and I chose not to veto their decision. As I have said before...I was curious. So my question for you Jerry, and anyone else who cares to answer is this...

If I had taken out the nonhuman element, would you have changed your score?

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

javmor79javmor79over 8 years ago
Your story was superb no matter where you put it

I would have changed my score though, but for different reasons that have nothing to do with you. Let me explain.

This section of Literotica (Loving Wives) is divided. Everyday there are stories that show up here that are trashed because people feel they go in another section. For instance, Cuckold stories are constantly trashed and people scream for them to go into the Fetish Area. These same people had no problem giving your story a pass though. In fact, many of them will vehemently discount any argument that your story could go elsewhere, simply because the wife chose the husband. In other words, because THEY liked it, they didn't care. However, any story that THEY don't like, they will scream bloody murder.

So for me, I simply had to look at the description of what this genre is supposed to be about. The non human element wasn't a minor part of the story. It was in fact a major part. That was the entire reason that the wife was at war with herself. The pull she felt was because of the non human element. Because of that aspect, I felt it should go into Non Human or even Sci Fi. Honestly though, it could have gone in multiple places.

No matter how good a story is in this genre, you will always have people who will tell you to kill yourself or catch cancer and die. Don't ask me why. But you can rest assured that your story was a hit, even with the people who wanted to discount it because of the supernatural element. You are an author with skill, and I will read your work if I see your name in the author field.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 8 years ago
Five star story

As to the category, LW is fine as this wife sure loved her husband. Putting it into NH would telegraph the plot.

palewriterpalewriterover 8 years ago
yeah javmour79 i guess I scream because by any reasonable definition

of the willing cuck, sadism, humiliation, and masochism stories belong in fetish. Those stories are not about extra-marital fun they are about real pathologies and need to be treated as such. Sucking cock is gay no matter how hard you (generic you) try to spin it. There are hubs that have been provided for those stories and it would be helpful for those of us lesser lights who still believe that the TITLE or name of the hub describes what's in it... regardless of the cynicism of the host and those who really get off on this kind of psycho/sexual disorders.

I don't complain about cheating wives stories but get a lot of heartburn from the lack of integrity of those who are trolling to capture more eyeballs or stir the pot by posting in Loving Wives. this is especially true when the protagonist quicking gets into cock sucking and being humiliated.

So I guess I scream. I also scream silently about RAAC stories where the canard staying together at wilful and repeated betrayer is somehow good for the victim or, even worse, for the kids, who from that point forward are being lied to everyday. How is that good for them.

happy endings are at the very least honest endings.

This story has none of those problems and truly belongs in this category, at least in my opinion. As I have said before author would get high marks regardless of placement.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterover 8 years ago
So, palewriter

Only stories about 'fun' belong here?

So where are you screaming when the violent revenge fantasies get posted?

The stories of women being raped, then punished and disowned for not reporting it?

The stories that are just long lists of people shitting all over a woman?

What exactly /does/ belong here? And, more importantly, what the fuck are you doing here when the very premise of infidelity offend you so much? Why do you read each and every new story just to scream at it, as you put it?

Is it because, like your anonymous, cowardly little friends, you secretly get off on the cuckold stories?

And by the way, any one who cares to can ask Laurel, she has said that this section was intended for cuckolding and sharing stories. Letting the revenge crowd in was a mistake that it's too late, or she's too lazy, to undo now.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 8 years ago
To the Author

Sorry, I was distracted by Anonymous. I thought your story was an imaginative attempt to make plausible the wife consumed by lust stereotype. The denouement was disappointing, though. One minute she's leaking for him and the next she's lecturing like a Baptist preacher. And the last scene is unnecessary and embarrassing. I appreciate how hard this was to bring off but I would have liked to have seen a bit more internal struggle at the time of her decision and no maudlin death bed scene. For all that, it was way, way above the standard fare.

javmor79javmor79over 8 years ago
@ palewriter

Please don't take offense to this, but dialogue with you is pointless in my book. You have your views about what belongs in the genre despite what Laurel (who actually created this site) feels. For some reason you think you know better than her about what should be on HER SITE. So any debate with a person who feels he is right no matter what evidence is presented to him is pointless. The writing on the wall (i.e. description of what this hub is intended for). Your views are yours, and you are entitled to them, even if they are wrong. That is why I choose not to engage you. Feel what you feel.

payenbrantpayenbrantover 8 years agoAuthor
To twentyseven.. (27?) Written or numbers? And to others who read this...

I see where you are coming from. Maybe I should have spent more time on the thought processes of the characters to explain better. Can't please everyone I guess. Some said I should not spend so much time on back story and others want more. It is hard to find a happy medium that makes everyone happy. Which brings me to the arguments between people on here in the comments section. While I appreciate a good debate...may I offer a suggestion? I read story tags...those help determine whether I wish to read a story or not. For example, I do not care for stories of force and degradation. So I go to the tags and then break out my trusty thesaurus and check to see if there is anything in the story that may offend me. Each category here has lots of latitude given to what can be placed in it. I know that some desire things that I do not, therefore I don't read those stories. For example, my story tags tell much of the story before anyone reads it. Go ahead and look...One of the tags is werewolf. Should be an indicator. =-) I am not sure why some of you don't get along, each to their own and all that.

Maybe I made things worse by saying anything at all. This is my first time seeing the LW crowd and boy...! You all are an interesting bunch to write for! =-)

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

smokepolesmokepoleover 8 years ago
good choices

WOW, what a good read. I was expecting something less then this - you surprised me. Thanks!

Just remember, and this story goes to show, the value of a good firearm over a flashy car. wink

Keep your powder dry.

Lex1Lex1over 8 years ago
Pale "writer"

Broken record...Broken record...Broken facts. SMH

If you look closely enough, which you won't do because you need to be right, you will see that cuckold, wife sharing, and swinging stories have ALWAYS been a part of this hub. Check the dates of a lot of the cuckold stories. They go back to 06, 07, 08, 09, etc. You have been a member of this site since 15. These stories were around BEFORE YOU. So your ridiculous rants are once again, stupid and pointless.

So continue your monotonous tirade about shit that you have no control over. It's been working out so far. I mean, all of your cries to have all of the cuckies and the devil worshiping swingers placed in fetish is beginning to bear fruit. Isn't it? Well, sure the stories have doubled, tripled, and quadrupled, but please don't take that as a failure on your part. You just keep on fighting! Someone has to stand up for good, clean sexual morals on a porn story site. Why not you?

Trashing you is too fun and too easy. You're a moron.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
For the author...

Sorry I don't have or want a login account...

"If I had taken out the nonhuman element, would you have changed your score? "

Yes. The basic story plot was fine... But the werewolf thing was a detraction... All the same emotion and choices work with a human love triangle. Between passion and desire, love and choices.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
good story, but palecuck is purecuck

Category choice is fine - the few purecucks that live on this site will always find something to cry about in the comments, that is how eunuchs "get off" so better to just let them be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
very nice

OMG I lost it when he helped her roll over an hug her jim.......ty....... stlris

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
JUST DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STAY WHERE YOU ARE BEST

NO RATING TO BE FAIR

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2over 8 years ago
liked it gave your a 5

for a good read

palewriterpalewriterover 8 years ago
There is a HUGE difference between cheating and cucking stories

and the Psycho/Sexual Disorders (untreatable really) portrayed by this most recent influx of sick fuck writers and their sicker fuck fans. Javmor79 you're right. No point in dialoging. I quit reading your stuff long ago... writing is ok but the storylines are not to my taste. I don't read or vote on your efforts. But this is true YOU DON'T get and never will get it. NO more dialog needed with you. You too haven't read what I have said. And you obviously have confused reconciliation with gelding and man hating- which you do well.

I'm glad that Laurel wanted this to be for willing cuckolds I skip those stories. If it has sadism, humiliation, masochism, IT'S a FUCKING SICKNESS. But Laurel hosts one of the most racially charged sites on the web and seems to revel in it so why not full on embracing of all of the paraphilias.

As for FLC writing as anonymous... and perhaps FLC when you have a relationship other than with your fingers (NEVER GONNA happen with FLC) you can comment. The accusing others of being closet cute must me a sure symptom of being ashamed of your predilections. Much like that narrow segment of the gay community who has inflated numbers and claimed that every significant historical personage has been gay.

One more thing Javmor79- taking the blame for the betrayal by others is really pretty common in divorce situations especially in children. It is a desperate attempt to try to gain control and fix things and it never works. Just being back together is not a happy outcome, no matter how much you wish it to be so.

Now that I have offended everyone on the planet, are there alternative websites where sex is actually erotic and delicious erotic tensions are built up without the pathologies found here? If so, and you want me to shut up, why not give me a link. Please.

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
A Thought

I would like to invert the author's question. If you had put this story in Nonhuman what would happen? In my opinion, you would have had a lot less readers and a score close to 4.9. On the other hand what happened is that a lot more people read it and enjoyed it.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterover 8 years ago
Poor Palewriter

Doesn't understand how the internet works, or even that there are other categories on this site.

You came here despite the fact that the first word of the category description is 'extramarital', then you whine and cry about all this cheating and all this immorality going on.

The truth is you knew what this section was, and you either came here wanting to be self righteous and angry and to pass judgement on others, or you came because you secretly love the cheating and cuckolding stories and just have to lash out like the sad little anons to cover for it.

Do you wander over into gay males and complain about how 'gay' used to mean happy and that no one is following the 'actual' definition of that section too? Are you that much of a bitter, humorless old pedant? Because that's what you sound like when you complain about this section, like some sad, lonely old man yelling at people on the internet because you have nothing else going on in your life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The first word is L O V I N G

You dumb fuck.

which you obviously know nothing about. Go back to licking Laurel's ass, eating her shit, and pretending to be slightly dom. How the hell would you ever know. Get bad on your meds, stay away from children and other rational persons.

and when you post anonymously you will have to work harder to disguise your style (lack of same) and word choices.

What a moroon....

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterover 8 years ago

Category description, not category name.

But really, I don't expect basic reading comprehension from anons.

And since I'm seeing this accusation now, let me be clear. I don't comment anonymously. Ever. Anonymous commenting is the single biggest flaw with this site. Anything I say, I let be attributed to me. Anyone commenting anonymously is a coward and is proving they have nothing meaningful to contribute to a conversation, ever.

Of course, the very fact that anyone can attribute any anon comment to anyone else is the exact reason anon commenting should be disabled, and sinxe laurel won't do it I actively encourage all authors to do it themselves.

luedonluedonover 8 years ago
Stick to Romance, palewriter

Palewriter, you ask: "are there alternative websites where sex is actually erotic and delicious erotic tensions are built up without the pathologies found here?"

There are several sweet, erotic, loving stories written by some of the younger authors in the Romantic and First Time sections. Try Chloe Tzang or Blin18. They write beautifully.

L

shaman43shaman43over 8 years ago
Greatness

I think that this story has more depth in it than 99% of the stories in the site. It shows how one can be tempted even when one is happy in the marriage. It shows thru the allegorical plot lines how not to possess, how to love so that one gives freedom of choice to the Other, how to know compersion ( a term that more and more therapists are being trained in its concept) and how a reality based and actual intimate relationship works. It is not bested in laying out what a true, physical/emotional relationship is and functions. An allegorical tale that shows what to have as a goal in a marriage and how to get there.

As for those that make the scathing comments- grow up, think and gain some wisdom instead of remaining closed off and ignorant. Complaints about it being miscategorized show a shallow understanding of language. Frequently on here there is argument that the Bitch was emotionally unfaithful. If a woman talked to another man and shared things about herself she was not sharing with husband. Or if she allowed a kiss and liked it and thought about it when with the husband. So, in fact, this story is about being unfaithful and how far that goes. I find these arguments about category usually tedious, spurious and shallow. In this case they are from readers who do not want to think just pontificate. Amy disagreement gets a label that shows their ability or lack of ability to analyze, synthesize and posit a new thesis based on rethinking data.

Congrats to the auther for the plot. Character development. Introduction of the complexities of human love through a paranormal situation, and a primer on how to love another. Have made this one of my favorites and will do so to the author. And thanks for putting in this category as I would not have seen it otherwise. It does fit here.

user110user110over 8 years ago
pheremones

she was in heat

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Ok story

but marred by the use of the vulgar term "werewolf". We are shapeshifters and you have no idea what we are all about.

payenbrantpayenbrantover 8 years agoAuthor
To the last anonymous.

I do apologize for any offense given with the term "werewolf" I decided to use the nomenclature commonly used by the masses. I could have used other words like Lycanthrope,... Honestly, most people do not care about the difference between people who shift physically, and others who shift mentally. So I apologize for keeping it simple and not getting into the finer details. However, you could read my other stories that deal with that in finer detail. Though that may offend you as well, not sure. But we can discuss it in more detail if you wish to email me.

Thank you for your patience, hope to hear from you.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 8 years ago
Very nice story!

I love the writing and the concept. I never believed in the "soul mate" paradigm. I believe there are many people that could fit into our lives and work out to varying degrees of success. I believe the story is more about the work that we must put into relationships in order for a decent life. Thank you payenbrant for letting us in the LW community have a story worthy of true discussion instead of name calling and mud slinging. Five big stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
it is interesting

an interesting idea. well written as you are an excellent writer. the story plot seems thin. i guess this is the distraction from mine... yours, which i am still hoping for :) .

Richie4110Richie4110over 8 years ago
Good Story wrong Catagory

Loved the story but got confused. This might have been better in non human. Thanks for the effort.

impo_61impo_61over 8 years ago
A very good story that could be placed at several categories...

A very good story that could be placed at several categories...And one of them is for sure LW!!!! I know a lot of cases like this: Couples together for more tham 50 years, when one dies, the other follows soon after...4*

carvohicarvohiover 8 years ago
I have a couple remarks...

First, I'm an easterner but I liked the part where you talked about 'real' country music and how there are people who wear cowboy boots who never sat a horse. To be honest I'm not a very big fan of horses.

Second, why did it have to be a Mustang. It could have been a Camaro you know.

Third, I'm sure glad you put it in the Loving Wives section. That's where it belongs, and I wouldn't have read it if it was anyplace else.

Fourth, I'm more an anti-fan of werewolf, vampire, witch, zombie stories, but I'll make an exception here.

Fifth, I can never understand how some people, often anonymous people, can decry something like this. Some people just don't get it.

Sixth, my only regret is I only have one five to award this wonderful story. I loved every scintilla of it. What a beautiful response our heroine made to Fred; the voice of a true loving wife.

Alas, last, I want to encourage you in the most forceful way to get more deeply into the Loving Wives genre. Your talent, and especially your creativity, is something we all need more of, a lot more of.

Again, thanks, thanks ever so much,

Jedd Clampett

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
WOW...SCI FI IS A FIGMENT

but what if any of it is true, TK U MLJ LV NV

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
TWO STRONG PERSONALITIES

both strong until the end and all 3 win. TK U MLJ LV NV

TonyKiwiTonyKiwiover 8 years ago
that

was just beautiful. Tears. TK

TonyKiwiTonyKiwiover 8 years ago
cow shit

he he he. TK

TonyKiwiTonyKiwiover 8 years ago
what's

the difference between cowboy boots and western boots? TK

payenbrantpayenbrantover 8 years agoAuthor
The difference? Between boots?

Well as I understand it...One you can do work in like riding and splitting wood and all that. Others are made for show and have rhinestones and stuff on them. My Dad has an old pair of ostrich skin boots. Strangely enough they wear really well! Still look great after 14 years. Kind of funny looking with these little bumps where the feathers used to be. Anyway...that's beside the point. Glad you liked it TK.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

fifteen16fifteen16over 8 years ago
No

Don't know about werewolves but poor old Beth is away with the fairies.To be fair this is a well written story but sci-fi fantasy is not for me, enjoy your writing payenbrant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I dont know why I read this.

I saw a new story by you, and being a fan of Mine, Yours gave it a go.

I should have paid closer attention to the category. Loving wives is not for me. I feel physically ill after reading this. Your writing is good, as always, I just did not enjoy the content.

I have but one request, if you ever introduce cheating or cuckolding to your other series please put a warning at the start of your chapter.

I need to find some soul bleach.

payenbrantpayenbrantover 8 years agoAuthor
To the last anon who is a fan of my other works....

Yes! Always check the categories....that is why I felt it important to put it here after I had me test readers look at it. Sorry you had a bad experience.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

unh0unh0over 8 years ago
Really, Really Intelligent and Thought Provoking Story.

As fine a story as I have ever read online. Well done, payenbrant!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
While couched in a somewhat silly fantasy,.....

....this story made several great points. Sorry, I know comes off as a back-handed compliment.....but it really is a silly notion. The writing was superb and the moral of the story was well made and well met.

Thank you.

Keep going!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
PAYENBRANT ABOUT LW COMMENTS

If you want to listen to opinions from a (relatively) literate group.

If you want to receive constructive criticism.

If you want to see how much emotional investment a stranger puts into your story.

If you want a large variety of women and men to read and comment about your story.

If you want to see how much joy, sadness,pleasure, disgust, happiness and anger your story has caused.

If you just want a larger than usual amount of comments.

Put it in LW category.

AMerryman

P.S. There are several stories that are less interesting and entertaining than their comments,lol!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Loved it.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 8 years ago
excellent.

Very well written story.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

non erotic or romance much better homes for this story

sadly in Loving Wives it will never get the recognition it deserves

non human would also be a bad place for this story because in the main readers there like to see the critters win.

..

loved the concept/premiss of the story

very well written & enjoyable to read.

nice mix of descriptive & dialogue

a worthy & well deserved 5 stars.

aptonthe503aptonthe503over 8 years ago
Brilliant

Great story, thank you!

Please keep writing!

OnethirdOnethirdover 8 years ago
Nice change

Very nice- a loyal wife, what a concept! Can't believe the husband would let the wolf meet her and pitch his case. Maybe we could have seen some tension as he watching his spy cameras? Really, very uplifting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Crying

You made me cry, a very sweet and moving short story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Amazing

This is not a story I expected to see here. I was truly touched by this story. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
In the correct genre...

Honestly the story wouldn't have been half as good if it weren't in the LW category, you already suspect that she "falls" at some point because it's the expected narrative. The tension builds as confrontations occur between each character and as they explore their individual feelings. This culminates in the final meeting between Beth and Fred and you're wondering at what point the "fall" inevitably occurs. So when she makes her decision, her choice and the reasoning behind it ate all the more powerful for breaking the expected "LW" mold.

Hope to read more from you,

Threeson

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
simply heartwarming! !!

one of a kind romantic story that just creates a moment in mind that is truly beautiful.!!

ElenaSElenaSabout 8 years ago
Haunting Story

It a story about being haunted and it stays with the reader long after it has been read. That is the mark of a good writer. It's a very different story for this site - not the one I would personally choose for the Valentine's contest but one that elicits my respect and maybe a bit of awe for you as a writer. Thank you for a haunting story.

payenbrantpayenbrantabout 8 years agoAuthor
Wow...!

Well...I can definitely say that the last person disagrees with my test readers on where the story should be put. So far I am hearing the main point is the sci - Fi aspect makes it non applicable to the loving wives category. Regardless of story content. So next story I write for here will NOT have any nonhuman aspect to it.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

oldpoet451oldpoet451about 8 years ago
It's in the right place!

EXCELLENT TALE, and it's in the right category!

Keep up the great writing!

BloodwomanBloodwomanabout 8 years ago
So good!

Love this, it truly shows the flip side of what could happen when so many storys show the wolf winning out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Geez....

How good was this! Most of you other anonys don't seem to understand that at least 90% of these stories in this genre are also fantasies. And so many of you are such bad asses. If you're so bad, why are you anonymous?

maxd01maxd01about 8 years ago
You are a rotten turkey!!!

Payen I am glowering at you right now even as I am being forced to give it a five star vote. That was so totally not what I expected and at the end I both mentally grumbled at you and cheered you on.

A few nit picky things for you though, come on, use real drinks and not some sugary vodka thing. That and real men drink their rum straight and not on the rocks. Sheesh! (eyeroll) Next, a pellet pistol? Seriously? What next, a cap gun? Lawn darts at 20 paces? (snort)

The part where the Beta was grumbling at his wolf was great. I almost fell out of my chair where he mentally smacked his wolf with a rolled up newspaper. Oh god that was funny. If you don't mind I might just steal that line and use it in one of my stories... After giving you credit for it of course.

I read through some of the comments, how the hell do you manage to get so many? I have never wandered into Loving Wives before but personally I think this fit here just fine even with the fantasy aspect. The conversation Fred and Beth was excellent and well thought out. I really enjoyed how she explained why she felt bad for Fred being forced to love someone even if you don't know them.

The part at the end was as well done as the conversation earlier. I liked how she made the choice to stay with her husband and grow old with him together. So even though you just have to have frippery drinks and floofy stuff you did an excellent job. I think the only thing which I would liked to have seen was Fred and his wolf having a conversation after Beth and her hubby passed away.

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallabout 8 years ago
A different tempo

I'm tend to come to literotica for the erotica...

Yet... I am never disappointed by a well written story with well-fleshed out characters, a moving storyline, especially when it managed to reach these sort of sweat romantic and poignant levels as this one does.

I've breathlessly followed Yours...Mine and I've devoured everything else you have written...

I live in the perpetual fear that like many authors here you will stop writing, leaving unfinished the marvelous stories you have started.

I always tend to fall for this mix of imagination and empathy and if you ever need an editor to take a second look at your writing, I would be happy to be of service.

Do continue and don't squander the gift you have been given.

payenbrantpayenbrantabout 8 years agoAuthor
Hello tentacles....

No...dont think I will leave. Not until I finish Mine...Yours. Then I may leave if I get published. Or I could die. Or maybe lose my fingers and not be able to type. ..but I think they got a voice typing thingy that will allow me to keep writing.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

Seeker1107Seeker1107about 8 years ago
I am very big on werewolf stories

However, this one short story blows them all away. To realize that she had that choice, to reject him because of her choices and not to just be hormonaly driven. Gave it the five it deserves!

IrfonIrfonabout 8 years ago
Unusual....

.....and heart-stoppingly ( almost ) Good !

Highly enjoyable & Thank you for an excellent read.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 8 years ago
I SO wanted her to pick her husband...

but I couldn't see a way... Not really...

An amazing story...

It's funny... I broke my collarbone once... After weeks in a sling, I stretched my arm out on a table and tried to raise it... Just like I'd done everyday of my life prior and just as I could continue to do with my other arm...

It wouldn't move... My body had forgotten how to just respond... It took actual effort to make it work... And continued effort to get better...

There's no work in a "Soul Mate"... It just is...

I take more pride in making that arm function than in the continued functioning of the good arm...

Having seen her choice, it's obvious... Thanks for the story... Five stars ain't enough...

LovesAGoodStoryLovesAGoodStoryabout 8 years ago
Holy shit

That was fucking amzing! I was thinking that she would pick the were but you not only gave me mental whiplash, you gave very logical reasons. Bravo sir, bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
thankyou

a lovely romantic story, much appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great Romance, Great Humans, not a bad WW in the end

Thank you very much for your gift to us ! OldBearSwitch

robo29robo29almost 8 years ago
Thank You

Well, like a lot of other people, I want to thank you for writing this story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Nope

The characters sounded immature, like pre-teens or teenagers. payenbrant's foreword seemed professional, then the writing turned into childish narration, couple that with the cheesy werewolf 'Mate' situation. Meh

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyalmost 8 years ago
Wow - interesting story

Very interesting well written. Good choice putting it LW but I see it could have gone is several other areas. I am glad you choose LW it is what I read most. I find it contains the best stories and authors and harshest critics. If you want to see what your writing can do this is the place to put it. I would say you did really well! Good story, good characters and thoughtful. I am sure this story well keep percolating around in my head for many days

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading!.

Vito1960Vito1960almost 8 years ago
Great story

Great writing, great characters! She truly embodied what a loving wife should be. Her husband trusted her enough to make her own choice, that takes courage! They are truly soul mates!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
surprising

When I saw the word werewolf, I almost stopped reading because it sounded like a fantasy. I did continue, and I am glad I did. The trust Jim had for his wife, and her understanding of true love and a soul mate, made it all worthwhile.

The DJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
good

I almost stopped reading when I saw werewolf but am glad I didn't. great story

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Loved it

I'm glad I stumbled across this gem of a tale. Five stars. Would love to see an alternate version, where she does choose the wolf but then attempts to return to hubby after Freddy gets killed by a werewolf hunter. Perhaps, hubby would have already remarried and ends up giving her the same speech she gives Freddy in this one. Could be fun.

green117green117almost 8 years ago
I liked it quite a bit

This story raised a few firestorms -

It got the "right category" crowd going - in fact, the werewolf thing was required. The author wanted a visceral drive to be with someone else, and thank god he didn't want to do the "big dick" thing... so the author invoked going into heat. If you make the werewolf just some dude with a big dick, are the category trolls happy? If she is a werewolf (as seems to be suggested), then isn't her relationship with Jim rather perverse? The possibilities of suggesting otherworldly fate in the intruding relationship strengthens the story.

Frankly, I think "big dick" stories should go into SF or Fetish... maybe Non-human.

The investigation into the nature of nature verses nurture, of innate urge verses conscious will, of free will verses fate, of evil verses good... great good fun. The Christians out there who didn't recognize it should be ashamed.

Green-something

payenbrantpayenbrantalmost 8 years agoAuthor
An anonymous comment deleted...

...I generally do not delete ANY comments. But I write this to the anonymous person who wrote one heck of a long disgusting comment about a "True" cheating wife. She was from Montana. Now if you wanted me to write something about it, then send me a private message. I would have responded, I do not appreciate you writing something like that in my comments section. I have to draw the line somewhere, and now I have.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

P.S. If anyone is looking for the comment...I deleted it. Sorry. Maybe next time, he will leave his name and we can discuss his impropriety.

payenbrantpayenbrantalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Yep!

Yes I did. It was fun. =-)

Blame Star Stang 06.....He started it!

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
a confused storyline

mixed genre,

mixed metaphors,

mixed signals,

mixed results.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Great story... as one writer to another I don't see how you could have made it any better... it's sometimes hard for a writer to know when a story is finished being polished... this one was...

as to the category nonsense... anyone that rates a story depending on what category it's in... or not in... and not on the story itself... is a fucking moron... the category is whatever the fuck the author decides it is... there really are some self important idiots here... anyway good job... I really enjoyed it... especially liked the husband character...

-jaye-

hermie55hermie55over 7 years ago
Not my kind of story.

Not my kind of story, but so well written I couldn't not like it. Excellent !

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 7 years ago
Nice read - thank you

What a pleasant evening read. Nice character development. Interesting plot and good insertion of emotional sequences.

Screw the category naysayers. This is a good fit for LW.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

SmutolSmutolover 7 years ago
Simply beautiful story

Short but strong. One of the best for me. Saved

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Superb

That was wonderful. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
This is a nonhuman story!

I believe that you placed it in loving wives because the story plot is about a wife who chooses her husband. If you look at all of the stories under loving wife, you would see that 90% of them are really about cheating wives. There are not very many about a wife who chooses her husband. Because of your selection, I knew by the third paragraph what the plot was and who she would choose. Thus by selecting loving wives as the category, you gave away your plot. If you move this story. to nonhuman you will not give away the plot.

Another point is the bar fight with the werewolf gang. He wasn't injure during this fight! He should have been injured and then the gang would have been placed in jail which is not good for the plot. I would suggest that you remove the fight and change it to a test of strength between the protagonist and the husband which is stopped by the wife.

There is no lead up to how the wife determines that Fred is a werewolf. It comes out of the blue. You could of had his her father kill one when she was a child.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good One

Really good one.

Concritic123Concritic123over 7 years ago
A very good story....

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Really? Dungeons and Dragons crap

Waste of everyone's time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story, no sex?

Look, I enjoyed the story well enough... but why is this on Literotica?

Faltu1Faltu1over 7 years ago
woooooowwwwwwwwwwwww

A really Great Story.

No Words.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
awe

I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Excellent story

Awesome story.. Shows that we chose who we want to share our lives with and not everything is preordained

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow.

tears...

TahoeCatTahoeCatabout 7 years ago
Oh god

I have never cried so hard by the end of a story. What an awesome and unexpected story to find. Thank you for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Excellent

I've always wanted to read at least one story where love and sheer human will overcome the paranormal soul mate and tell him to take a long walk off a short pier. And now I have!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Son Of A Bitch!

That was POWERFUL!

I've never watched a "Lifetime" movie but from what I've heard and read this qualifies as a Emmy winner.

Thank You For The Trip.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
There is only one word that can describe this story,

FLAWLESS!

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623almost 7 years ago
AWESOME!!!

I loved this story! I was just a little bit worried in the middle there. Then as I continued to read, it became so much more!! The ending was perfect. Please keep writing!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
wow! 5 stars+

Best definition of true human soul mate! Powerful! Bravo! Bloody well done! Human – Were fans a must read. Mho. Non-fans this story is 5• for true love...this ain't even close to yadda yadda were story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
truly amazing

This story touched my heart because even as a were fan this is by far the best story I have read to This day.

I have read stories here for over 5 years and this is the best yet.

Please keep writing coz you are talented if you can make a person feel such strong emotions with wrods. Grateful to have read this in my lifetime

FantaghiroFantaghiroover 6 years ago
Gosh ....

... that was simply amazing.

fanny x

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 6 years ago
Wow. Excellent writing, touching...

I continually shake my head when I see all the complaints about the "correct" category in which a story belongs. Seriously? They act as if reading is a chore and someone just caused them a lot of unnecessary work.

This is a great story on multiple levels. Very well done. Let's all try to ignore the petty troglodytes who vainly struggle to validate their existence by arguing over mundane, absurd, and pointless minutia.

I can't believe I just read a werewolf story. Ha! I loved it. Very touching story, so proud that she chose her husband. That is true love, and Yes, she's right. It is a conscious decision and she chose love. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hard to type through a film of tears..

This is the second time I've read this story and it still got me ugly sobbing. The only thing that could make it better would be a sequel, where Fred finds his soulmate. I know there's only One but since she passed, as opposed to the usual story where she would stay and join her Were in his life... Well, you see where I'm going with this. :P Anyway, five stars!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous