Soul Sucker Ch. 11-20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That went well," Lonnie whispered.

"I caught his attention. He'll go back to his date and try to find a way to take me home instead, but we won't be here by then." I circulated among the party guests for another twenty minutes before we slipped away from the crowd. Ten minutes later, we were driving through the warm night with the top down.

"I should go back after I drop you off," he told me. "I was making lots of good contacts."

"Some of them female?" I'd seen a few young lovelies seeking his attention.

"Busted," he said with a grin. "I'm not a monk, after all."

"Knock yourself out. I'm going to hit the hot tub, then get some rest. It's been a long week."

He looked over at me at a stoplight. "Care to make a bet?"

"On what?"

"How long it takes him to call you for a date."

I rolled my eyes. "Landon will have my phone number before he leaves tonight."

He nodded. "Probably from me when I return without you. I'm sure he knew I wasn't your date before striking up that conversation tonight."

I thought about it. "What's the over/under?"

"This time tomorrow. I'll take the under."

Landon was interested, but he'd do his due diligence before asking me out. That would take a while. "What's the bet?"

"An hour massage."

There was no point betting money since we all shared the same pot. If we wanted something, we bought it. Services were more fun. "You're on."

He dropped me at the front door of our building, then drove off.

I lost the bet. He asked me to dinner on Sunday night.

Chapter 17

John Miller's POV

East Orange, New Jersey, Mary's home

Friday, August 12, 2022

Mary got in between us and told Heather to go to her "corner" by the sofa. "Are you all right?" I groaned in response. She'd nailed me good.

Heather started to worry about me. "Are you all right?"

I pushed myself to my hands and knees. "I'll be all right. You should shower and get ready for bed while your Mom helps me."

"I won!"

I shook my head. "Hitting your opponent below the belt is illegal. In the ring, I'd have five minutes to recover." Mary helped me to stand, and I extended a glove. "You've got some power, kiddo."

"Can you teach me more?"

"I'll talk to your Mom about it." She hugged me, apologized, then ran upstairs. I sat down on the couch. "That's the last time I spar without a cup."

"My poor man," she said. "I better check for swelling." She blocked the view from the stairs as she did her 'check' of my package. She pulled it back up, then went to the freezer to get a pack of frozen peas. "You should look into a dojo for her," I told her. "She likes this, and the structure will help."

"I don't know if I can afford it," she replied. "The real estate market is tanking; everyone is leaving the state, and commissions are falling with housing prices." I could almost see her deflate as she talked about her job. It wasn't easy being a single Mom. "Tonight was fun." She leaned into my shoulder as I wrapped a sweaty arm around her. "I don't mind getting hot and sweaty with you."

We made out for a few minutes, ending when we heard the bathroom door open upstairs. "You have to work tomorrow night, right?'

She nodded. "I have some showings. I probably won't finish until ten."

"I'll be at Terry's house watching UFC Fight Night. Why don't you ask Cathy if you can bring Heather over tomorrow afternoon? The kids can use the pool, I'll buy some pizzas for dinner, and Heather can watch the fights with us while you work."

"You don't mind watching her?"

"I know what Terry's girls are like. They'll have Heather playing in the pool until Cathy makes them get out. She'll be so tired that she'll fall asleep by the third fight. That's why Terry got the pool, you know. Without it, they'd have two fewer kids." I kissed her on top of her head. "You have a great girl there, Mary. It can be a chance for us to bond and teach her more without taking damage."

"That's nice of you."

I waggled my eyebrows as she looked up. "It gives me another chance to see your bikini in the hot tub, lest you think I'm all noble and selfless."

She laughed and smacked my chest. "I'll give her a call. Thank you, John." She kissed me and took the peas back, then walked upstairs.

I texted Terry, telling him I'd be ready at ten for pickup. Heather and I talked about our spar before I borrowed Mary's shower. Heather was waiting for me to tuck her in when I left the room, then Mary and I talked until my ride arrived. "I had a mostly-great time, Mary," I said as she snickered. "Thank you for dinner."

"Cock-blocked by my daughter," she giggled. "Will your nuts recover by tomorrow?"

I pulled her close and brushed her hair from her face. "If we had the opportunity, I'd show you how hockey players play hurt." We kissed, then I grabbed my bag and walked out the door.

She waited until Terry drove away before closing the door. I wondered if she had the same ache in her chest that I had.

Cathy was smiling like the cat who swallowed the canary when we got to their house. "Mary called me while you were in the shower," she told me during the hug. "She's a smitten kitten, even if she won't admit it yet."

"You might have picked me a winner this time," I admitted. "I didn't think it was possible, but she is more than a pleasant distraction. Are they coming over?"

"Of course. The girls can't wait to see you in the morning."

We talked until midnight. Cathy pressed me for relationship details while I kept bringing the conversation back to the girls learning martial arts. A quick Google search revealed a potential dojo near her house. The website showed beginner classes in kickboxing, karate, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I showed it to Cathy. "Mary and Heather seem interested, but Heather let slip that her Mom doesn't have the money for lessons."

Cathy's shoulders slumped. "She gets some survivor benefits, but the real estate business is so cyclical. Soccer through school is cheaper."

"How would she react to me paying for the classes? Going to train is something we could do together on weekends."

She thought about it. "Offer to pay for some lessons to see how they like it, but don't talk memberships until you're a little farther along." It was good advice. "I'm sure they'd love to see you fight."

"I do that in the city."

"They have to see your place sometime if things go well."

It gave me something to think about.

I did more research in the morning, then called Mary to make arrangements. He dropped me at the dojo at ten so I could meet the staff and get a workout in. Heather and Mary walked in while I was grappling with one of the Jiu-Jitsu instructors. If I was going to come out here, I was going to work on my ground game.

I gave my best effort with the girls watching, but I wasn't as good as a black belt. I was sore and breathing hard when the assessment finished. "You got your butt kicked," Heather told me.

I started laughing. "No kidding. I've always fought better standing up because I started with boxing." The instructor introduced himself and gave us a tour of the dojo. I pulled Mary aside while Heather talked with one of the younger students. "I'd like to gift you both some lessons," I told her.

"Did you see the prices? I can't afford this right now."

"You both show an interest in a sport that I love. I want to see if it is something you love as well. It's worth it to me to find out. It also gives me a reason to come out here and train. You did promise to go a few rounds with me."

"You'll do it with us?"

"I can do my other workouts during the week or on Sunday." I could get an Uber or ride my bike from the train station if they couldn't pick me up.

"Only if we do it together." She stretched up and kissed me. "Thank you." The beginner classes were already going, so we'd have to start in early September after school started.

I handed the girls the gis I'd purchased with the dojo emblem on the back. "Go change in there," I told them. "Your first class starts now." Heather's eyes bugged out, and she almost dragged Mary into the locker room. "They've only had an hour of practice, but they learn fast," I told the instructor.

I caught glimpses of their class for the next hour as I worked out and stretched. Mary was walking funny as we went back to the car. "I stretched muscles I didn't know I had," she told me.

Heather gave me a big hug before getting in the car. "Thank you," she said.

I squeezed her back. "Work hard and listen to your sensei. That's how you get better."

"Yes, sir." Mary raised an eyebrow as I walked to the passenger side; it was paying off already.

Terry's family was out back when we arrived, so we changed into our swimsuits and joined them. Lunch was a sandwich bar since no one could corral all the kids for a sit-down. We kept an eye on the kids in the pool, and they rarely came out except for food and bathroom breaks. The four of us stayed in the shade, talking and enjoying the summer day. Every once in a while, the ladies would go inside and come back ten minutes later, smiling and giving me looks.

I had pizza delivered at five, and Mary had to leave after she ate. "Behave and try and get some sleep tonight. I'll pick you up after lunch," she told Heather. Cathy offered to let her have a sleepover while I had to 'go back to the city' after tonight's fights. Heather didn't know Mary was picking me up and would drop me at the train station in the morning after our private sleepover.

I walked her to the front door, taking a moment to say goodbye. "I'll be back as soon as I can," she said.

"I'll be waiting." I cupped her cheek and leaned down to kiss her gently. "Be safe."

I watched her get in her car and drive away before I returned to the suburban backyard. Cathy had the kids out of the pool by eight and supervised them getting cleaned up and ready for bed. Before heading to Terry's basement man cave, I showered in the guest room.

Terry already had the pre-fight show running on the 80" big screen when I arrived. I sat in one of the overstuffed recliners with a Coke and some nachos. Terry had a tall beer, which didn't bother me. The opening women's flyweight opening fight didn't happen. The introductions of middleweights Bruno Silva and Gerald Meerschaert were on when Heather came running in wearing her pajamas. "Did I miss anything?"

"Nope. Grab some popcorn and sit down." Terry had a miniature version of those movie-theater popcorn machines in the back, and she soon returned with a small bag for herself.

Terry looked over at the girl, not used to having a young one in the room on fight nights. "Have you watched many fights, Heather?"

"Only when Mom wasn't home," she confessed. She asked questions during the fight, and we had to stand up a few times so I could demonstrate something she saw onscreen. I was right about her stamina, though. By the third bout, she'd fallen asleep against my chest.

I looked at Terry with a 'what do I do now' look, and he just smiled. "I've got her." He picked her up and carried her upstairs, returning a few minutes later. "She didn't even stir. I've got the fight recording, so she can watch the rest in the morning if she wants."

"Thanks, buddy." Mary texted that she was coming during the Women's Strawweight fight. "I have to get my stuff," I told Terry as I stood.

"Have a good night, John. You deserve some good things in your life."

I looked at the empty chair. "Maybe so." I thanked Cathy for everything, then grabbed my bag and waited outside. Mary picked me up a few minutes later. "I missed you," I said after I slid into the seat.

"How is Heather?"

"Sleeping like a log," I told her.

We returned to her townhouse, and she led me upstairs to her bedroom. We kissed, and she helped me get my clothes off before pushing me onto the bed. "I'll be right back."

"I'll be waiting for you." I lit some candles while I waited for her to return from the bathroom, then laid on the bed and waited. I was stroking my cock to keep it hard when she opened the door and saw me.

Both of us gasped. Mary was a vision in a black lace negligee. I held my hand out, and she moved over to the bed. "You're so beautiful," I told her as she climbed on the bed.

"So many scars," she said as she looked over my naked body. She traced my scars as I told her where I'd gotten them. I checked her body out, and she began to shake as I hovered over her, my cock dragging across her leg. Her eyes were closed, and she recoiled from my touch. "John?"

"Yes, baby?"

"I don't know if I can do this. I haven't had a man in this bed since he left for Afghanistan."

I rolled off her, knowing immediately what the problem was. "It's all right," I told her. "These things take time, and I'll wait until you're ready."

"Can you just hold me?"

"Sure." I got up and blew out the candles, then used the bathroom. She was under the covers when I came back out. I climbed in next to her, and she tucked into my side. I held her through the sobbing and the tears until she fell asleep.

I didn't go to sleep right away. I didn't want to think I was a replacement for Mary's husband, but it was true. I could see myself as a husband to her and a father to Heather, and the responsibility scared me.

Mary had all that, plus the guilt of moving on from the man she loved.

I eventually fell asleep with her in my arms.

Chapter 18

Ingrid Anderson (Frances Dortmund's) POV

Denver, Colorado

Saturday, August 20, 2022

Today's climbing lessons beat the crap out of Lana. "I ache in places I didn't know I had," she grumbled as she shed her robe and lowered herself into the hot tub on our deck. I saw the bruises and scrapes around her bikini. She'd pushed herself hard, falling a bunch of times before finally summiting a 5.7 slope. "It's so unfair," she grumbled, taking in my unblemished skin. My body healed on the drive home while she slept.

It was early evening, and the sun still had an hour or so left until it dipped below the mountains. The Rockies were playing, and we could see the crowd in left field and part of the scoreboard from our perch. The bars would be full tonight, but I had a late date with Landon Street for dinner and dancing. "Are you going out?"

"I'm going to bed after this," she said as she leaned back against the jets.

"I'm going to shadow you with my date," Lonnie said as he came out with a tray of snacks and three mango daiquiris. "I'll be less noticeable with a beautiful woman at my table. Not that anyone will be looking at me if you're wearing that new dress."

"He's not kidding. That thing will get every married man in the restaurant in trouble," Lana snickered. We'd both done some shopping earlier this week to update my wardrobe. I had a lot of clothes in my closet, but each person I became had a slightly different body shape and size. "Who are you taking to dinner?"

"Nicole Petersen," he said as he pulled off his T-shirt, leaving on a pair of swim trunks.

I put my drink down and looked at him in shock. "The doctor you met at last weekend's party? The one you spent Sunday and Wednesday night with?"

Lana raised her eyebrow. "Breaking the three-date rule, bro?"

After I'd rescued and adopted the two, and they learned my nature, both had sworn to serve and protect me for the rest of their lives. They dated but never allowed a relationship to get serious because of their ties to me. "There's something about this one, sis. My mind says to cut her loose, but she's invaded my dreams." We both looked at him in shock. "I can't stop thinking about her."

"It's only going to get worse if you keep seeing her," Lana said as she reached for his arm. "Break it off, quick and clean. There's no future for us here. After liquidating Landon's estate, we'll probably head to Europe."

"I'm fully aware of my responsibilities and vows," he responded angrily.

The signs were clear. "Are you falling in love, my boy?"

"I can't allow that," he said with his eyes closed.

I put my hand on his shoulder. "Why not? Do you not deserve happiness?"

"I gave you my solemn vow," he gritted out.

"I never asked anyone to give up their life for me," I replied. "Love is something that I do not mess with."

"We swore to serve you after you saved us from slavery," Lana said.

I pulled both of them into my side. "You are my children, and I love you. I am so proud of you for overcoming your childhood and becoming the people you are now. We are family, and a family loves and supports each other."

"We do, Mom," Lana said. "Always."

"All a Mom can ask is that her children are happy. I also know that everyone I love will leave me eventually, even you." I kissed her forehead, then turned to Lonnie. "If you love her, you won't be able to stay away."

He didn't look convinced. "What about after we finish here? Am I to stay while you move on?"

"If you must," I told him. "You don't have to stop helping me with identities just because I move somewhere else. And Lana, you don't have to be with me to move my money around. If you want to stay here, we could change the ownership of this condo around. We could even stay in the area."

"As Ingrid? With the insurance guy poking around?"

"It's the Bart Simpson reaction. Didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove a thing," I said. "They can suspect all they want, but I'd keep playing the grieving widow."

"And then what? We've got a good thing going."

I rolled my eyes. "Lana, how much do we have in our accounts after the last guy?"

She thought about it for a minute. "Eleven point two million in cash or cash equivalents with another twenty million or so in real estate, precious metals, art, and other investments."

I turned back to Lonnie. "We could have a good life if we stopped now," I told them. "If we follow through on Landon, we'll double our net worth. The income thrown off from our investments will be enough to stay here for decades without starting again."

"What about your demon's need to feed," Lana asked.

"There's plenty of assholes out there who need killing. I have plenty of alternate identities for when I need to travel and feed," I replied. "Making money off dead husbands is getting old."

"I don't want to stop working for you," Lonnie said.

"You can continue to be an employee of one of our corporations," I replied. "I will still need your help. Your woman can't know the truth, but that doesn't mean you can't commute to work and take business trips. The same for you, Lana. You're thirty-eight. I see the way you look at babies."

"I didn't want to say anything," she said as she rested her head on my shoulder.

"It's all right," I told her. "Maybe we all need to settle down for a while."

Lonnie took a big drink, stopping when he got the brain freeze. He breathed in and out through his mouth while we laughed at him. "You know, that might not be a bad idea."

"What do you mean?"

"What did John Miller say raised suspicions about you?"

I thought back to the conversation. "It was a large life insurance policy, recently purchased, with no definitive cause of death."

"And what did your lawyer find out from his boss?"

"They were investigating a pattern of these cases where the widow disappeared with the money shortly after receiving it."

He nodded. "Exactly. We are too late to change anything for Jordyn. You've buried her identity, and Lana has made her money disappear. If we want to keep the insurance companies off our case, my first thought was we don't buy life insurance on Landon."

Lana shook her head. "Most of our profit comes from the insurance, Lonnie. It's critical with Landon Street because we suspect he has money from his illegal activities hidden deep. If the Feds get involved, we could spend years untangling that before we can access it."