Soul Sucker Ch. 11-20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I find social media self-indulgent, and I like my privacy," I told him. "If you think you have dating problems, imagine my life! Either I'm a rich man's trophy wife, or I'm a means to gain wealth and status. Plenty of suitors are handsome, older, and wealthy. Finding someone who is my intellectual equal and a likable person is where I run out of luck. You checked enough boxes for me to risk the society pages by seeing you."

"Have I checked all five?"

"Three checks are solid. The fourth looks good, and the jury is out on the fifth. I won't tell you which is which," I teased.

We never did go to a club. The hours flew by as we ate, drank, and learned about each other. Landon had the staff move the table aside after dessert, and we danced together in the private room until it was time to go. "Come home with me, Ingrid."

"I refuse to be just another woman for you, Landon. Do you want me?"

He pulled me into him as we danced, and his arousal was evident. "More than I've wanted anyone," he whispered.

"Then you must pursue and catch me," I replied. "I will not fall easily to your charms."

"But you will fall," he promised.

"Perhaps." He led me downstairs, where a cab was waiting. "Goodnight, Landon. I had a wonderful evening."

"Allow me to drive you home," he offered.

"That's not a good idea. I'd be too tempted to invite you up." I got in the taxi, waving as we pulled out.

I wasn't lying about enjoying the night. He was charming and intelligent, and it was easy to be at his side.

I reminded myself of his illegal activities and all the people he'd cheated out of their life savings. I wasn't changing targets now.