All Comments on 'Sounds Good Ch. 01'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
tapthatasstapthatassover 4 years ago
MY only critique

You shouldn’t have put this in Erotic Couplings. It should have been under Non-Erotic, or at best, Romance. If this were the first installment of a series, and sex was added in later, then maybe it would have worked for Erotic Couplings. However, it was a novel idea for a story and well written. I only gave you four stars because of the mislabeling, coupled w/the fact that there was nothing truly erotic to the story. I’d urge you to continue it, and add some great sex scenes. Then, you’d get a shot at five stars from me.

tapthatasstapthatassover 4 years ago
Wow, I’m an idiot

Never mind my last comment. I missed that this was Ch.1. See what happens when you read on a lack of good sleep? Sorry for my error.

FuddyDuddyDudeFuddyDuddyDudeover 4 years ago

Excellent writing, of course...

What's with the guy never leaving the home he shares with his Mom? I'm picking up a vibe he is handicapped or something is being hidden from us. Just curious.

I love your writing.

Be well,

FDD

AssignedNameAssignedNameover 4 years ago
Keep Writing.

So glad to see another story coming from you. Can't wait to see where it goes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Anticipation

Always a great feeling to be at the start of another of your series. Thank you for the fantastic work.

mithanialmithanialover 4 years ago
Reads good too

I am enjoying being eased into this story and the world.

The main characters fascination with the girls speaking is great and his critique is interesting. I enjoy the concepts.and acknowledgement about the voice and animation work becoming more and more demanding on the content front.

I too get the. Impression that the protagonist in the story has some impediments in some fashion and I find that very interesting. Only one other series comes to mind and that's to wallk a mile by burntredstone. That's hallowed ground to tread.

The name and interest in development makes me think that he will have reason to play the game and meet the vooce actresses without the benifits of sight. Describing the aural landscape in writing, especially the eroticism present in the scenes (presumably) will be interesting to read when it's not used as just a kink lever.

I look forward to more and longer chapters on this story.

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 4 years ago
Can’t Wait for More!

Thankful for the length; allows for some depth to the story. No shorter, please, the one page strokers are sooooo boring. The mystery around Daniel is definitely enticing, and keeps me wondering about this story even after I’ve gone to the next. AND I couldn’t agree more with Daniel about the little details, typos, etc. that totally break the immersion.

hornier_bastardhornier_bastardover 4 years ago
He's Baaaaaaack :)

I'm thrilled that you're starting a new series... I always like your writings, and this is no exception. I love the premise, and can't wait to see where you go with it.

Thanks (and 5*)

cymruisraelcymruisraelover 4 years ago

Excellent, as always. Great to see you have started another new story.

readeralreaderalover 4 years ago

another of your excellent stories on 2/1/2020 is like a new years gift!

HectorBidonHectorBidonover 4 years ago
Really fun story

It works so well. The five women in the game are as real to the reader as real-life characters would be, and the MC's developing relationship with them is as compelling and exciting as if he had really moved in with them. Plus you get the game-play aspect of him being able to snoop around, try different paths, and restart with a new life if he screws up too badly. Plus the whole appreciation-and-critique-of-the-game-as-a-well-thought-out-technical-construction aspect. Plus, the characters really are real---the voice actors---and I have a feeling they'll become more substantially involved as the story moves along. Plus the intriguing and very subtly played shut-in, physio angle. The story is a pleasure to read on all these different levels. You've created a world that's smart and interesting and exciting and very cozy for a reader to become immersed in. Thanks.

MistressMissy08MistressMissy08over 4 years ago
Very intriguing

I can't wait to see where this goes next.

GHreaderGHreaderover 4 years ago

A story within a story within a story.

This is going to be a fun read.

The dialog is hard to critique. It is perfect as it is dialog within a game. This must be a challenge for you to write. Your other stories have a very natural flow and this one, in the game, has to flow as a command - response.

Have fun writing this one. I will enjoy watching it unfold.

UsuallyPresentUsuallyPresentover 4 years ago

Suggest you might need a fourth developer - AI. Gives you a LOT more flexibility going forward....

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Enjoyed It

I am a big fan and was thrilled to see a new story from you. I really enjoyed it, as like many of your stories, you let the story build. Looking forward to where this one takes us. A little confession - I reread The Bridge Club every now and then as it is such a perfect story. Thanks for this new story.

teedeedubteedeedubover 4 years ago
Well, i'm not a gamer

Never played a 'game' in my life. So, i'm not qualified to speak about that. But, so far, I like the story and will continue unless, or until, it gets over my head,,,,,,,,

illwindillwindover 4 years ago

Not to be too harsh, but this truly might be the most boring piece of writing I've ever come across on this site. I kept waiting for...something. Is he gonna get sucked into the game? Are the characters gonna come to life? Nope. It apparently really is just gonna be a story about this depressing guy playing an even more depressing game. But not only is he gonna play it, he's gonna play the same parts FIVE TIMES. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I would actually prefer playing a dating sim to reading this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Second time around

ok so I've stumbled on this story for the second time now. And remember how it's ending and following it through again and loving it all the way, again. And not because I'm bored, it's just to make sure I didn't miss anything the first time around. It's that good!

SirColin77SirColin77almost 4 years ago
Everyone’s a little bit

An oriental girl. I refer you to Avenue Q. Ha!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Hmmm

I don’t know where it’s going, but I love the novel beginning and your writing is great. Got a five from me.

Tonyusmc3051Tonyusmc3051about 3 years ago
Flashback

I play these types of games, so seeing this story from that point of view is amazing. I am now on your 4th story and I am convinced you are an actual writer. There is no way you can monopolize my time in four different stories if you are a beginning writer. If you can, you definitely need to start getting your stories published.

Richard1940Richard1940over 2 years ago

Please, pretty please, where can I buy a copy of this game?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Plot error in first scene: One of the opening lines of dialogue is about physio at 4:00. Then he procedes to check out the game until dinner, blowing ff the physio.

Character development issue: You allude to his lack of strength/stamina, 'needing' to exercise, and the physio appt, (which allides to rehab, either an injury or a disability), but you fail to further explain the reason(s).

There's also his mom asking if he's up to doing things around the house, instead of just asking him to do something.

I kept expecting you to have some dialogue w- his mom, or his friend, or internal dialogue about his situation.

A rather glaring hole. in character development.

Dreamdog519Dreamdog519about 1 year ago

I am curious where this is all leading. I gave you the benefit of the doubt on the rating. The opening is a little boring. He needs to come out of his shell.

cma68cma687 months ago

The comment by Anonymous about the conflict of physio at 4:00 but Tristan playing the game until dinner is wrong. The game doesn't arrive until the next day.

As always, your stories are well written and intriguing. I can't wait to see how it develops.

oldtwitoldtwit13 days ago

Well this is a really different take on things, I'm still out about how good afternoon story it is, maybe if I was a gamer I would see it in another way

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES