Sounds Good Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I wasn't at all surprised when the next screen offered me a choice:

Watch the stove

Go to the bathroom door

I was familiar with the story of Alfred the Great and the oatcakes. I might have let Heather's risotto burn (and just reload and start over), except that I'd already seen Laura in the washroom. I suspected that it was the same picture I'd already seen.

There was nothing required of me after that. Heather returned, with the wine, checked the status of her risotto, and then thanked me - with a kiss on the cheek.

YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH HEATHER HAS IMPROVED!

I was ... slightly disappointed. I mean, obviously I knew that. The actress playing Heather had made it clear enough, with her emphatic 'thank you'. Plus the kiss.

The scene in the kitchen continued, as Heather happily informed the roommates that I'd been the one to buy the wine, and he helped me cook!

At the first opportunity, I returned to my room, and checked the computer. Inventory ... there it was. Heather - Friend.

Interestingly enough, my relationship with Ronnie had also changed: from 'Complete Stranger' to 'Acquaintance'.

I saved, and then quit the game.

***

I didn't spend the whole evening thinking about the Apartment. Instead, I had a nice meal with Mom, and asked her something I'd always wanted to know.

- "Mom, did you date any guys before you met Dad?"

She gave me a long look.

- "You really want to know? Or is this just research for the dating game you're playing?"

Too smart. I knew a few people who complained that their parents were totally clueless. I had the opposite problem.

- "Not 'just', Mom. But ... both, really. You dated some guys? Before Dad?"

- "Of course I did."

- "Why didn't you marry them?"

- "I couldn't marry all of them, sweetheart. That's illegal." she said.

- "Mom ..."

- "Sorry, Daniel. I couldn't resist. Alright: what are you really asking me, here?"

- "I just ... how did you know if they liked you? Or ... if you liked them?"

- "Well, I was pretty sure if they asked me out, that they liked me. After that, I had to try to figure out if they just wanted to ... sex. If they just wanted sex. Or if they were genuinely interested in me."

- "How could you tell?"

- "You know how I can tell when you're not really listening to me?" she said. "Like when you're thinking about a computer game?"

- "Oh."

- "Exactly. Body language. Eye contact. There are hundreds of signals."

- "I understand." I said. "But how did ... the guy know, if you were interested in him?"

- "The same way. If he was paying attention. Women give off signals, too. Eye contact. Body language. Verbal clues."

- "Verbal clues?"

- "If you're interested in a girl, you'd better pay attention to what she says, too."

- "Thanks, Mom."

- "Anytime. Are you up to doing the dishes?"

***

I sent Mike an audio review. It was short, because I really only had two points to make.

"Loved the Heather kitchen scene. Clever, and fun. It reminded me of King Alfred the Great and the oatcakes. I enjoyed the whole scene, right up until you told me that 'My relationship with Heather has improved.'

I already knew that. Her voice, the lovely render of her leaning over to kiss my cheek ... the kiss itself.

Snogg's renders are fantastic. I can tell how a girl feels about me - about my character - by her facial expressions, and by her body language. A frown, a smile ... a big smile ...

If I'm still in doubt, I can go to the computerinventory, and check my status. The big notification was unnecessary, intrusive, and ... unwelcome.

You don't need them. The two best features - sorry, the three best features, are the beautiful renders, the quality of the voice acting, and the way the two of them work together."

***

I never told Mike - or Mom, for that matter - my real first impressions of the game. At least, not all of them.

The renders were spectacular. That much I'd already admitted.

It was no secret, either, that I found the voice acting exceptionally good. I liked the gameplay systems, the interactions, the quality of the writing ...

The game was already better than just about everything in my so-called 'real' life. Five girls who didn't actually exist were monopolizing my thoughts. And so were five women whose voices sounded almost too good to be true.

I had to get out more.

*****