All Comments on 'Sounds Good Ch. 07'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 53 Comments
mithanialmithanialover 4 years ago

That was a nice story from beginning to end. A over all quick read but that isn't a problem really. I enjoy what you share with us and look forward to more!!

Hiding_in_PortlandHiding_in_Portlandover 4 years ago
Very good.

I always look forward to reading your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Fantastic

coloradoexilecoloradoexileover 4 years ago
Best. Writer. On. Literotica.

Enough said.

MisterWildCardMisterWildCardover 4 years ago
Excellent

This was really sweet, really enjoyable. My only quibble, and this is honestly such a trifling hair-splitting thing that it's not really a problem at all, is that I would've liked to hear more about the critical reception the game received after its release. Did they get any press with any notable reviewers or websites? Was word of mouth getting out about it? Stuff like that - but again, it's a minor detail at best.

PoisonPen33PoisonPen33over 4 years ago
Great ending!

You know how sometimes there's an awesome video game, but the ending is SUCH a letdown?

The build-up to Dan and Patience was wonderful, almost paralleling the game in the story, and this final chapter spiked the football on a fantastic story. It read naturally, with embarrassment on both sides and hesitant intimacy.

Kudos!

hornier_bastardhornier_bastardover 4 years ago
sorry to see the end

Great tale, and it came to a good conclusion.

Can't wait for your next tale to start (not to hurry you, but it's been 5 minutes already!)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Dammitt AE, I can’t decide if I like the ending or not!

There’s so much left untold that it makes me scream in frustration yet the very uncertainty seems to fit their situation to a T. Facing that murky future with determination and courage while making the best damn lemonade possible.

rayironyrayironyover 4 years ago
Reading your work

is consistently satisfying. ...and i'm picky .Thanks!

DrizdartDrizdartover 4 years ago

I really like the unhurried development, the tension between the gratification of the immediate and the pleasures of taking things slow.

Looking forward to a few more chapters form you, and then going back to the beginning to have a read of the complete story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
You're The Best

Loved the story and the characters. Even though Dan's mom played a minor role she was amazing. Thank you.

GrinrainGrinrainover 4 years ago
Nice!

Very well done, both as erotica and as a story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Always great stuff

Love your stories, and love your writing, please keep going.

Thanks for your time and effort

KS

lastman416lastman416over 4 years ago
A great story!

As always, a great read! I loved the development of Dan’ and Patience’s relationship, and all the characers were fun to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you

As someone who can relate to Dan because I have some similar conditions, I appreciate that you have written a story with real people in it. Not some sex machines who can go at it 20 times in a row and have bodies that don’t exist in nature. You make us real humans feel like there is someone out there for us. Funny how I had to go to a porn story site to find this type of writing.

Thanks!

LuckyMMLuckyMMover 4 years ago
WOW

WOW What a story. It touched my heart very deeply. I even want to share this story with my grandson, a gamer. Wow but this puts the author in the top three or four spots of all literotica authors. Thanks so much, LuckyMM

Timmy4uTimmy4uover 4 years ago
This is why I read your stories!

I have been reading your stories for a very long time and I love that they are always a love story. So many feels!

kvalentinekvalentineabout 4 years ago
Different

I haven't read all your stories, but this had a very different feel than the ones that I have. You've previously that most of your stories have something of a harem element, which is usually the thing I tend to like least in your stories. In some of your other stories, the harem was sequential, in that the protagonist is more or less monogamous, but dates different women at different points. I never minded that. I get that a lot of point of having multiple women in a story is to keep the sex interesting. The way you put that in a digital environment for the first half of the story, and then built a true romance in the latter half was something I found quite satisfactory.

I'm also someone with health problems, and, though mine are more of a chronic pain nature, I appreciated how you handled the situation. The bit about him seeing eyes filled with compassion rather than pity, was rather profound, and it provoked a bout of thinking on the distinction for quite a bit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Fantastic work,

so well crafted ! very moving ! congratulations

I would suggest is has even some educational implications

Great work

Bertrand

S_FoxS_Foxabout 4 years ago
Classy Writing

Thanks.

Well written again. Love the way you draw us in, leaving it to almost the end before we learn what is is (or isn’t) holding him back. Nice to see that the good guy wins through in the game & in life.

Another 5* winner.

BigJer283BigJer283about 4 years ago
Amazing

Hey there, I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your story.. Immensely. I'm a bit of a gamer myself, and a romantic at heart. This story combined those two aspects very well.

Occasionally I'll enjoy a quick fix, where the whole story is just about the sex. But it seems cheaper, like I've skipped most of the content to just get to the good parts. Some stories I'll grow tired of the content eventually because the buildup is too drawn out, and I just want to read about the sex already. But your story found a way to buildup through seven chapters, yet keep me enthralled at the same time. I enjoyed the fact that, while the character still had virtual sex, no real sex occurred until the very end. The emotional buildup all made sense, and each of the characters were well thought out and interesting in their own ways. I liked the way that you made us know Dan was disabled in some way, but didn't let him focus too much on his own problems - much the way it is to have a disability in real life.

I always read stories in there hope that one of them will move me in some way - that it's not just a cheap thrill on my way to immediate gratification - and you accomplished that feat very well. I felt something after reading the story, which is one of the end goals of reading fiction to begin with; it's not just entertainment, but it makes you think, and gives you memories, similar to a real life experience.

So kudos to you for your wonderful work. Thank you for making me think and feel.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 4 years ago
Totally into this story!

Enjoyed every chapter. It all was a great read!

lexluthrlexluthralmost 4 years ago
Beautiful story

Just finished the series over the course of two days. Brilliantly written and well-paced. I really enjoyed the slow build up, beginning with the game and his exploration of the virtual characters but also as a lesson to him how to please women and be honest in his courtship of them. As someone who has recently played these adult games, it was interesting to read a story that involved them and the BTS of how they are created. Dan and Patience’s relationship was very special but so was his relationships with friends and his mom. It was the perfect level of involvement. 5 stars across the board. The sex between these two was very well written and I’m glad that even though you had Dan and Patience buy condoms, they weren’t used. On to your other stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well that was unexpected

Ive been an avid porn reader for years and ive never left a comment either (I know, shame on me - Ill blame it on my British upbringing)....but this was so unexpected. Its a good story, enough sexy stuff to warrant being on this site...but its also a nice story too. Theres been more than enough doom and gloom this past year, fictional or not, it takes a nice story like tbis to help restore some faith that there could very well be light at the end of the tunnel,

Well done and thank you.

H

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Marvellous.

Very touching storyline. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This series is one of the most beautiful stories I have ever read, in any format!

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One word: BRILLANT.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is not 5 -star story. It is at least ”6 golden star” story!

Fantastc, marvellous, beautiful storys you have given us!

LilkahunaLilkahunaalmost 3 years ago

If I could give this 6 stars, I would. So well written. I can only reiterate what others have said. Beautiful, brilliant. love good writing. Thanks.

AFoolRushesInAFoolRushesInalmost 3 years ago

As a short man, I really appreciated the fact you acknowledge the awkwardness created by differences in height.

It is a very well thought out story, very well written.

5 stars.

Tonyusmc3051Tonyusmc3051over 2 years ago

I read it a year ago, but when I saw it in my favorites I had my read-aloud on Edge read it to me while I cooked, cleaned, laid down. It was like a whole new story. I am On Just a Little Magic right now. LOL! You should be selling these bro! If you do, I will still buy them!

moedik2moedik2over 2 years ago

What a great story, Real life for a change. Well told and with good grammar.

Thank you

Moedik

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is an amazing story. I loved it 100%. I'm sure that you're aware how lots of people get psychologically wrecked as kids in school. And the painful memories don't ever go away. It does get easier to avoid them, over time, but they're with you to the grave.

Both of the main characters in this story were perfect, incredibly relatable examples of how this can impact you, and change you. It was beautiful to read.

And slowly hinting at the MD... brilliant. Just fantastically brilliant.

After the first time they watched a movie on the couch IRL, I stopped caring about the sex parts, except at how those parts related to the story, showing an emotional progression. Most romance stories spend a lot of time on the erotic aspects, and surprisingly little time on the romance. But this story you've made broke the mold.

This one snuck up on me, hit me right in the feels, and then just kept on hitting, straight through to the end.

My only critique is that, once Patience and Cyrano get together in real life, they move rapidly towards physical intimacy; much faster than I had thought they would. But that is literally my one and only criticism. And I'm happy to say that it's just my personal opinion and preferences, and the main characters moving fast doesn't detract from the story at all. Like how if you drew a picture of an apple tree, and I saw it and said, "I'd like that picture better if it had a few more apples, but otherwise it's perfect."

What I mean is, for all intents and purposes, this story is perfect, and the only thing I'd change, would probably only make it more appealing to *me*, but wouldn't improve the story as a whole. I still give this story an A++, 105% credit, better than perfect score.

I also love that you were able to make this both a slow burn, with the characters slowly getting to know each other, but also jump into the erotica fairly quickly using the video game as a proxy. It feels like cheating, and I'm jealous that I didn't think of it first.

You're very talented, and if this was a full length novel, I wouldn't pirate it. I'd pay real, actual money for it.

Good job.

Stay strong.

wannabeswedewannabeswedeover 2 years ago

One of the best I've read if not the best. If the author writes under another name selling their work I'd love to know what it is to buy some.

This was really good, literally had tears in my eyes at the end.

Tusen Tack (1000 Thanks in Swedish)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Impeccable - I have never commented before but this story was a different class.

wish_thinkerwish_thinkerover 2 years ago

The game was great, interesting! But the relationship between Cyrano and Patience was better, add that to an amazing Mother, and a wonderful love is found. It warmed my heart. Your treatment of the MD was an added bonus, a possible subject for the future maybe. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Mom is GOAT!

USMCVetUSMCVetover 2 years ago

35 stars in total. Well done!

EmanresEmanresover 2 years ago

This felt very real. Great writing

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 2 years ago

Great story!!!!!

10/10!!!!!!!!!!

vulvatriciousvulvatriciousabout 2 years ago

Wonderful twist to the age-old theme! I'm not saying that you are my favorite Lit author, but right now you're well ahead of whomever's in second place

One thing: please lose "nether lips." It's SO stilted and overused.

69GodIsDead42069GodIsDead420over 1 year ago

Loved the series. Don’t know why but I almost cried this chapter, and I literally never cry so that means a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This whole story is so much fun. I've read it three times through now, but each time through focusing more on the real life relationships.

I finally looked up Cyrano and read the plot of the original story, which suddenly opened up a few in-jokes and references I hadn't caught before.

Dreamdog519Dreamdog519about 1 year ago

Sweet story, I truly enjoy your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I am in awe of your writing talent. Your stories all draw the readers in and do not release them until the very end. Keep up the amazing work.

bves13bves133 months ago

AspernEssling is an excellent writer. I loved every story of his that I have read so far, but this one is awesome and beyond. Bravo!!!

WargamerWargamerabout 2 months ago

Wonderful compassionate story, a romance!

I loved it, thank you for such a great story.

5/5

BigWhisky13BigWhisky13about 2 months ago

Just putting this out there: I think the Mom might be the best character to have appeared in any of your stories - and that's saying something, considering the depth of all your characters.

stillnonamestillnoname18 days ago

Great story, well written. Nice that he real-time dialog sometimes was similar to the game dialog. The tag playtesting has got a new meaning.

oldtwitoldtwit18 days ago

As I'm not a gamer, this part made a much better story on its own, nicely written

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Sounds Good Series Info