Spaceflights of Fancy Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"God damnit!" Damien growled, nearly throwing out his back and not budging the crate a single inch. It appeared they would be completely unable to move the containers any time soon, until Mimi walked back out into the main hold and found the small pallet jack. It took a lot more cutting and swearing, but finally all four boxes were out and ready to be opened.

"Finally..." Mimi grunted, leaning against the wall near the opening they had cut, recut, and then recut one more time to make it big enough.

"Son of a bitch!" Damien exclaimed, gasping for air as he lowered the last crate to the ground and took a quick breather. As he stood catching his breath, he examined the three crates and the fourth that hadn't been readily visible at first. It was tiny and lightweight, easily carried under one arm. Even though the box didn't look very impressive, he figured whatever was inside must have some value to be worth all that effort of hiding it.

"Start with number one?" Mimi asked, pointing to one of the three larger containers with a big red number 1 illuminated by her headlamp.

"Good as any other place to start, I suppose." Damien replied.

The crate was locked, but her torch made short work of it, and Damien found himself holding his breath as they both grabbed the lid and pushed it back. This was it, the moment of truth, boom or bust? "Holy fuck!" Mimi exclaimed as the lid was pushed back to reveal the glint of gold in the beam of their head lamps.

"Holy fuck is right!" Damien agreed in a breathless tone before he reached down and picked on up. It certainly felt like real gold! Not that Damien would really be able to tell the difference. The dense metal was heavy, and extremely cold to the touch. He could feel it leeching the warmth from his body, even through his thick protective fur and glove of his space suit. The gold bar almost fit in the palm of his hand, roughly seven inches long and three inches wide, with letters and numbers that carried no significance to him engraved on the outside. Doing some quick head math, he estimated there was about 7 tons of gold inside. Off the top of his head, he wasn't sure what the value of gold was, but he felt confident they were looking at millions of credits. Even if the other containers turned out to be somehow empty, this would be the most valuable hall of their entire careers! "No wonder the damn thing was so heavy!"