All Comments on 'Spark the Runner Ch. 05'

by eidetic

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
ag2507ag2507almost 2 years ago

Sheesh! Another year? You're killing us - I got no patience.

rayironyrayironyalmost 2 years ago
Your usual strong writing, all available stars awarded unequivocally.

While it wouldn't have been so dramatic,

it would have been more prudent for Tonya not to have identified herself as the vector of their demise.

It lays the seeds for the bad guys to build the vehicle of her demise.

eideticeideticalmost 2 years agoAuthor

@rayirony - you are absolutely correct that it opens the "build a better mousetrap" situation... one of many things that could happen in the future. And thanks for the feedback!

@ag2507 - sorry? Spark started as a Geek Pride Day homage and has become a sort of touchstone for me. Real Life has been kicking me pretty hard, and... I am considering improving on the once a year if other things get brought under control. Like with my other writing, RL makes all of it suffer. Thanks for reading and the encouragement!

~eidetic~

DawamDawamalmost 2 years ago

What's another year? It was two for this segment of the tale, and I for one don't feel it is any poorer for that. Still worth the wait. That Eidetic uses annual Geek Pride event as a target date is an aspiration. This story will come when it comes, or not, In the meantime personal imagination can play with potentials, which is part of the sauce for the best stories.

Thank you for sharing your words.

If author-satisfying episodes were fortuitous more frequently I certainly wouldn't complain. However should there never be another word published in this story I will still enjoy re-reading the existing ones for as long as they are available, and I am capable. I am curious as to whether I am falsely imagining a set-up for a failsafe failure though.

Please don't ever hash together an ending just for completion as I cannot remember ever reading such a closure that has not devalued the preceding for me. Possibly personal forgettory problems which are not universal but I strongly prefer the great unknown if I cannot have the author's development on characters. In sciffy alternate realities are generally the rule, so 'there was a catastrophe (possibly abetted by hubris) and they all died' can be a more satisfactory (and realistic) conclusion without even ruling out future storytelling in same storyline.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

Wonderful tale again. It's a good job Tonya is on the good side as it looks almost impossible to defeat her. This is an excellent series and cannot believe only 3 comments so far. Looking forward to the next instalment

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellent story, superb writing and tech (do I detect Mr E has an electronics background?). Coax? So 1970s, surely they have optical fibre by now :-) Inspired and faultless geekery, and I appreciate the (too few) plays on grammar.

Strand

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usereidetic@eidetic
I'm sorry I finished and submitted the latest Spark story so close to the Geek Pride deadline that it was delayed and missed the 25th. However, it is now published. I hope those who have been enjoying the series continue to do so with this latest offering. *~*~*~*~* I keep fo...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES