All Comments on 'Special'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 281 Comments (Page 2)
impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
A good man, YES...

All what they have done to him, had the pay back. Even not saving her, he stayed a good man!! Why risc his life? Why risc to die to save a cheating ex-wife? When came to save the life of his child, he didn't hesitate...So a good man, YES!!!!

BetterEndingBetterEndingover 9 years ago
Bad Karma

Along with some others, I also had a bit of a problem with him letting Linda die. That was the mother of his child, regardless of what had gone on before. Further, he had to know that Bob was the source of all the evil, not Linda. He already knew that Linda had been set up. No excuses there, just considerations.

There might have been a better way to get back at Bob without having to condemn Linda to death. How about instead of the seven million, he determined how much Bob would have to give to leave him the the poor house and asked for that amount? Now that would have been an interesting dilemma for old Bob.

Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
loved it

enjoyed the truth in it, as to how some people operate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Transplants

I understood the kidney transplant for his daughter because you have two kidneys. The liver transplant for Linda is a WTF moment because we only have one liver. If it was an adult having a partial liver transplant to save an infant or a very small child, yes but an adult to adult liver transplant, no. He'd have to be dead for a full liver transplant because we can't survive without a liver. Also, you need an editor because you use the wrong words throughout your stories A LOT!

Examples:

You use these words

shutter - a type of window fixture

passed - to move on or ahead

When you should use these words

shudder - a quake throughout the body

past - gone by or ended

With that being said, your stories are imaginative, well thought out and throw curve balls frequently. Get an experienced editor and keep up the great work!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
save his ex ?

Save his ex-wife?

Seriously?

She cheated on him.

She took sides with her father against him, even after knowing that it was her father that set-up her seduction for the sole purpose of ruining her marriage.

She kept his daughter from him.

She helped to destroy her daughters relationships with him and with her paternal grandmother.

After all that it was forbearance that he didn't wear a party hat into her hospital room.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

very fitting ending. Well written. Five stars.

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Sometimes Violence is the Answer

If a person or a group of people do what they did to this man, man's rules go out the window. Clearly they destroyed his life and that means he really didn't have anything to lose. Why not simply kill them all, take the daughter and flee? Sounds dark and creepy? Maybe, but maybe not. Long before there were "civil rights" the laws that man bestowed upon himself there were human rights. They violated every human right he had and earned the death penalty in doing so. These human rights can be found in our western religious texts. Death is an acceptable punishment for adultery. It is only the modern, secular, corrupt society that does not want to punish adultery with death. That is because those people in charge are likely to commit adultery! If you think it through, the husband is the wronged party and yet the adulterers not only get to live but they also take his wealth and daughter away from him. Why is adultery not punished by the adulterers at least losing custody of the children and all claim on marital assets? Why isn't the lover subject to total loss of their wealth as well? If not death that would at least be civil justice.

Strangely murder/ suicide are fairly common results of adultery. If you doubt me - google it. Why are there not more stories with violent endings on this site?

IrfonIrfonover 9 years ago

So close to the way things are in real Life - even though this is fiction / fantasy.

Well written...

Pappy7Pappy7about 9 years ago
Horseshit comments.

Why wouldn't he let his ex-wife die? Why would he have anything to do with her father? Why didn't he kick Don's ass completely off of him? How could any of the anonies on this comment thread think that continuing to back the cheating wife no matter what gives them street cred? Who cares what you idiots think? Okay, well I guess maybe the writer does, so have a nice life.

I thought it was good. I don't know why he married a Daddy's girl like her, he had it right to begin with. Would have saved himself a lot of problems and a really unhealthy offspring. How can people have children knowing that they will be passing on a possibly fatal or at least a devastatingly debilitating genetic code? Doesn't make sense to me. Unknowingly is one thing, but to know is irresponsible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
'Most' men don't take to...

...becoming a cuckold and then enjoy it. I believe this story would fit well into today's society. Some of the rich believe they are puppet masters and those 'lesser', their puppets. I could see this happening pretty easily.

My own story was almost as good. My girlfriend of 5 years decided we needed 'time apart' so we could see other people. I was madly in love, wanting to marry her and we'd even talked about it, how many kids, etc and thought she felt the same way. To say I was devastated would be an understatement, I couldn't function for quite a long time. Luckily, a few friends and my parents helped me out, getting me on the road toward recovery without Ilene.

Living in a small town, everyone knew everyone and everyone's business. Unfortunately, that meant I had to see Ilene just about any day I went into town (less than 500) and it didn't take long before I saw her hanging out with an old classmate of mine, Tom, who was in the year behind me. To say I was stunned would be the understatement of the year, this girl I thought I would spent the rest of my life with, who hated PDA's, was kissing, hugging and walking hand in hand constantly. I was still hopeful thought, perhaps she would get it out of her system and we could salvage things.

After Ilene crushed me, for a few weeks she tried to call me and talk but I let her know I hadn't any interest. I suppose that helped drive her to Tom, but I couldn't help myself. The problem was, I knew Tom well from playing sports together and saw for my own eyes, he was hung like a mule! Ilene told me about saving herself for marriage so I had at least a little hope. Tom was about 5" long flaccid and thick as hell. I'm not small, above average at over 7" but I'd heard an ex girlfriend of his talking once and she said he was over 8" and she could hardly take it. She broke up with him after just a few dates because of discomfort.

So there I was, minding my own business and went to a party at a buddies house. I never even thought, Tom and my friend were coworkers. I hadn't been there long when I heard a cheer go up and a bedroom door opened and out walked Ilene along with Tom and by the way they looked, she'd been pounded hard and he was satisfied. Her smile at the room told me everything I wanted to know and stood to leave. My standing caught her eye and she looked like a deer caught in headlights when our eyes met. She went from looking well fucked to fully shamed in a microsecond and I turned and walked out.

They moved into together and I moved on with my life. Ilene was a cashier at our only bank in town and when I went in to do business (I had a small hauling business) I went to another cashier. Once, there were only two cashiers and three people waiting. Of course, when Ilene's window was open, she motioned for me to come over but I looked away and waited for the guy in front of me to finish up. I wanted nothing to do with her, my heart felt like it was being squeezed each time I just saw her. I still remember the time I went in and without noticing anything I filled out all my paper work and then looked for an open line. It dawned on me, I was the only customer in there and Ilene was the only cashier.

She was looking right at me when I realized it and I turned and walked out. Before the door closed I heard her call my name but I kept going and went around to the drive through window. She anticipated I'd do that and had already swapped with the older woman who usually took care of that job. The moment I saw her I put my truck in gear and pulled away. It hurt too much to know the girl I had loved forever was shacked up and fucking someone else.

One Monday after work I was having a beer with my buddy who was friends with Tom. He allowed there were problems in paradise, Ilene had caught him banging a friend of hers. He fessed up and admitted it wasn't the first time, but if she'd forgive and take him back, he'd never do it again. They split up for a few weeks, she moved back with her folks, but then she forgave and moved back in. According to my buddy, old Tom was horny as hell and wanted her back for a full time fuck. He had no long term plans of commitment with her. She was a steady hole to bang and that was about it. My buddy thought I was over her and didn't realized he was just hammering at my heart with a stake.

After a few months, she came home from her job at the bank, only to find Tom high on dope and pounding the hell out of another girl, right there on their couch. That time, he broke up with her, told her to pack her shit and git. He moved the other girl in and she took Ilene's place, they eventually moved away and we heard from his family, she caught him cheating on her and booted his ass. Ilene was devastated by the split and I was told she couldn't even work, she'd broken blood vessels in her eyes from crying and looked awful. It seems I was her fallback guy, she waited a few weeks and then called me. The instant I heard her voice I hung up on her and she called me at least a dozen times before she gave up.

The next time I saw her was at our little towns only café. She was with another guy, this time it was a guy named Bill. Ilene came in after I had just received my food and since my back was to her, when she came in, she didn't notice me or I her. But where she was seated she was facing me and I had to look right at her. For supposedly being so distraught, she sure seemed like she was having a good time until we both noticed one another. I knew, the instant our eyes met, she was going to do something and I was right. Thankfully, I was already reaching for my wallet and threw out a twenty for a sandwich I hadn't eaten, when she stood and headed right for me. I was out the door before she could catch me. I was pulling out of the parking lot with her still following me. She stopped at the highway and that was it.

I started getting letters but sent them back, unopened. When she would leave one on my front porch, I tossed it in the trashcan sitting there. She'd torn my heart out and the only way I could recover was when I didn't see her or hear about her. Then I heard she'd left Bill and that was why I was having more trouble avoiding her. I guess I could have moved my business, but my customers were all local and I was (this was the 80's) netting over $200K per year because my equipment was paid for.

One night, late, I was in bed and asleep when someone started pounding on my door. After dragging myself out of bed, I found it was Robert, Ilene's father. Ilene had been beaten half to death by Bill, apparently while they were together he was beating her and that was why she left. Ilene was in the hospital and her Dad said she wanted to speak with me in case she died. I told him no way, I loved her dad and considered him my own, but I couldn't go see her. We'd never talked after Ilene dumped me and so I sat him down and poured out my guts. He said he understood and shook my hand before leaving.

The next morning before I left for work, Robert stopped back by. Ilene had succumbed from her injuries and he blamed me. She was distraught by my not coming to see her and she'd somehow got out of bed and was trying to come to me. She died before they got her back to bed. Her Dad assured me he told her as close to word for word what I'd told him. He thought that is when it actually hit home and set in, just how devastated and damaged I was from her dumping me. She was distraught and wanted him to physically drag me so she could apologize. Robert explained how Ilene told him she never quit loving me, it was that I refused to acknowledge her that she found other men. She knew she'd made a mistake and still wanted that little house with the picket fence full of kids with me. But as long as I avoided her, she couldn't repair the hurt.

Now, over 30 years later, I'm almost 60. I never married, had a few girlfriends but none that lived with me. My business grew and that became the woman in my life and now here I am, starting to feel old, worth over $50M with over $20M in the bank alone. But I'm by myself, no parents, siblings, children, nothing. Just a nice big house with a swimming pool and a housekeeper that stops by every other day.

Now I wonder. Should I have talked with Ilene? Should I have repaired the hurt? Could the hurt even have been repairable? I don't know, her folks never talked to me after that because I even refused to go to her funeral. Even Tom came in to see her buried. Me? Now I'm just a bitter old man still feeling the pain as if it were yesterday.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Re: 'Most' men don't take to...

No you shouldn't have talked to Ilene. You should have grown a pair, got over it and moved on with your life.

Already commented on story.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 9 years ago
don't know if

Not so sure that I would give a kidney to Annie.

What if he and Deb have a child that needs a kidney and he is due to the "specialness" the only possible donor?

A child that does not hate him.

A child that he has raised from birth and been with through their whole life.

Really at that point he had no connection to Annie except for some shared DNA.

Hard to imagine doing anything to save the life of someone screaming about hating you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Couldn't identify with him

He's worse than Bob. He let her die! His liver would regenerate. The better story would be if he gave her part of his liver, but turned down the money, and take it from there. Not a bad story, but it could have been better. I feel empty reading a fictional story when I don't like any of the main characters, and can't identify with any of them either.

sugnasugnaabout 9 years ago
Re: 'Most' men don't take to...

Well written and interesting comment. I hope it was fictional. We have all had our Ilene's to one degree or another. Most of us come to realize that their are plenty of fish in the sea and we now that we have a little experience fishing, we know how to catch a decent one. So, if your story was biographical, I am sorry for you. If you made it up, change it and give it a happier ending!

sugnasugnaabout 9 years ago
7 Million

He should have taken the money, started his life over. Done some nice things for his mother, hired a lawyer and gotten his daughter back, found a decent woman and lived a good life. Some people are so full of themselves they do not have common sense.

krosis666krosis666almost 9 years ago
Wow, I must have been having a bad day

when I left my last comment! Oh well, we all get them days!

One thing though, Linda needed a LIVER transplant, and they offered Steve $5million for his? I'm no doctor, but last time I checked, most people only have ONE of those! $5Million might be tempting, but would be kind of useless if you're DEAD! You kinda need that single liver yourself for...well, the hint is in the name; LIVEr. That's why they take them from doners that have already died, unless you know a doctor willing to kill one person to save another?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
fyi

You can donate a portion of your liver and be fine. It actually regenerates to some extent

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonalmost 9 years ago
It's a pity...

that Steve didn't recognize the opportunity Linda's cheating gave him for complete and final victory over Bob. All he had to do was offer to keep Linda, if she would kick her father out of her life. It would be hard, but victories come with a price, and he certainly had incentive. I think Linda would jump at it -- after all, what kind of father sets his daughter up to be seduced? -- and I think she'd go straight, because there was no indication of her straying until Bob intervened.

krosis666krosis666over 8 years ago
@anon 07/01/15

I guess that's why I'm not a doctor!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Fiction

I read these stories for entertainment. Some are very good and worth a re read, some are nothing but crap, especially the wimp cuckold genre. Some authors allow comments, some don't. I read some of the comments and marvel at the criticism of the story lines or how unrealistic the plot or actions of the characters are. He or she should have done this or that. People get a life it's not real. It didn't happen. It's just a fuckin story!

vikster99vikster99over 8 years ago
Plot holes aside..

I enjoyed seeing the ex-husband having the power of life and death over his cheating ex-wife - and choosing death. If only all revenge could be as satisfying.

Tootight1Tootight1over 8 years ago
loved the story

there was so much not stated about the relationship of his ex wife, other than, she wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, and he knew that beforehand. I think I would have given the ex the kidney, but the hubby here didn't, and even later in the story, he admitted, it was because of his hate of the father, not the wife. I understand the hate, but at that point, I don't see him denying his ex a kidney.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Pretty good story.

I think hubby missed his chance when asked to help the ex-wife after her accident. He could have told his ex family that the price for him saving his ex's life was the father in laws net worth: deed to all properties, cars, sum of all accounts, etc. Let dear old dad decide if his daughter was worth it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well he missed his chance to get rich and put them all behind him

Of course, had he saved his wife he couldn't have saved his daughter right? And how does a daughter EVER forgive him for letting her Mother die? No amount of money would make up for her absence. So I don't see Annie ever forgiving him. I still would have asked for the 7 million to save Annie. Bob would have paid it and then he would have gotten back at Bob and saved his daughter all in one stroke. You never made it clear who stopped Annie from getting the presents and mail? And if Annie ever thanked her Grandmother for everything. Unfinished.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Editing!

“Debra caught it first, and who'd and hawed before talking to me.” – HEMMED and hawed!

FD45FD45over 8 years ago
God I wish this was better written

His ex? I probably wouldn't have given her a piece of liver either.

However, I am not sure why he did not, as HER PARENT, get the child. Really? How did that work?

I DO know that to even consider giving her a kidney, Bob and his wife would have to give up all custody of the daughter. Maybe I let her make a choice on where she wants to live after a week talking and counseling, but THEY would no longer get to interfere with a parent child relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Some May Disagree

But I am glad he stuck to his guns. Linda certainly did not deserve his transplant. He needed it for Annie. Dear Old Daddy Bob was nothing better than a rich pimp. And when he had his son-in-law wrongfully sacked, he was no better than a boss in organized crime. Steve was justified.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Liver or kidney

Seems a bit mixed up his wife was in need of a liver transplant according to the story, so they would have had to kill him to achieve that one. Better editing required.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 8 years ago
Liver transplant

To Anonymous: You seem to lack a bit of common knowledge as well as the ability to use Google.

When it is a transplant from a living donor they only take a potion of the liver, since the liver is able to slowly regenerate.

There is little to no long term chance of health problems for the donor, though like most invasive surgeries it is not a cakewalk and is not completely risk free.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Good

if a bit rushed.

Tootight1Tootight1almost 8 years ago
good story

I think the story was a little rushed also, but still good. I would have given to the transplant to the wife, but not for money. I like to think I cant be bought, but who knows. this story could have evolved a lot to include the dynamics of his relationships, but didn't.

Tootight1Tootight1almost 8 years ago
2nd

I didn't think about this earlier but, isn't that blood type genetic, meaning that one of the parents have to have it? and in this case would include both sets of parents.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story ,did not like the revenge ,letting the x wife die .

He was angry but he could have made a deal ,contract, and gotten his daughter back and the wife would have been more than grateful . To bad he let his pain takeover all rational thought. The father would have signed anything at that point. Heshouldhave taken hi to the cleaners too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Letting the wife die...

.. was over the top.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sorry folks

But I think the author got it right. He had more respect by not buying his way back to his daughter. If he had done that he would have stooped to their low level of morality and corruption. Life is sometimes harsh. How about the life they made him live?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I would have given it five stars, but

the bit about a half carrot ring. That damned thing must have been three, maybe four inches long and at least three quarters of an inch thick. Oh...wait a minute. Did you mean a half caret? That's different, isn't it?

Homonyms give amateur authors a lot of problems. They gave the author plenty in this otherwise fine story.

SixishSixishover 7 years ago
Wow

Not sure writing a story and making every character a despicable human being is how you want to go.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Blood, Bitches, Bribes And Bastards

For those commenters who feel that the protagonist was too harsh on the ex-wife: there's a lot of things worse than dying. One thing that comes close is depriving a precious infant girl of her own father's love.

His soulless demon ex-wife got everything she deserved. Yes, her family turned her into what she was, but eventually everyone must take responsibility for what they've become in life.

The dialog with the ex-wife at the hospital farewell was somewhat unsatisfying. She seemed too much in control on her death bed, chastising him for his lack of feeling. One would rather have liked to see her with a deathly pallor, coughing and wheezing as her former husband characterized the situation, raking barbs through her soul until she let fly a steaming jet of slimy bile all over herself and the bed, choking and gasping and turning an unholy shade of ghostly, pale green as she shook in spasms, struggling for air and with one last breathless eruction of bodily force her left eye is evulsed from its socket as she slumps forward, a sinew of viscous spittle swinging from her perfidious lips.

Just a thought.

Anyway, the one major snag in this story is the husband's utter naïveté as his wife slowly but surely sails right the hell out of his life over those short years. He witnessed his wife's easygoing familiarity with the depravity of the reprobate jet set partyers on his honeymoon. So how could he have remained so completely unaware of the likelihood of his own estrangement? He couldn't put two and two together? It caused a bit of a fluctuation in the Force to see all of that come about.

As per usual the Slirp ending came up just a bit short, but overall the taut storytelling was nothing but great. The only really likeable character was his dear old mother, yet she exuded enough of a faint glow over the proceedings to humanize things.

I rather liked The Tortured One's tirade at the denoument. Icy daggers flew with great precision...oh yeah!! He must have had that script edited for a loooooong time. Sure hope he found his peace.

Well done, Slirp.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 7 years ago
harsh......hummmmmmmmmmm.........not

he didn't kill her, he just didn't help her. there's no crime in that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
to anonymous from 9/16/16.....

Hop down off of your high horse also.......you can't spell either.....its CARAT!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Flaw

Super rich farther who Is ruthless walks away with his head hanging.

Sorry but the farther would tell him that there would be another accident involving him and his mother, his mother would not make it but he would be pronounced brain dead and the transplant would be done anyway.

So the option of 5 million or certain death for himself and his mother.

davwoodavwooover 7 years ago
Hard to accept

Steve's actions were unacceptable and he's as much a shit as Bob. Okay they did bad things to him, very bad but the ultimate satisfaction for Steve would have been to donate a liver to save Linda proving to the whole family that he was a better man.

I see some Trump like comments being posted here, not good at all.

Tootight1Tootight1over 7 years ago
good story

I've read it before and its still good. People don't always react the same way we would in a given situation. Some of these commenters believe everyone should be judged by their thoughts, wow. In hind sight, if he had given his wife a kidney, he wouldn't have had any left to give his daughter. Of course he didn't know or by the story know this would happen. I felt sorry for the ex, in that she never really knew a happy marriage, a gifted one yes, but not a happy one. She ended marrying the guy she cheated with, how do you justify that in your mind, after she found out her father planned the whole thing. Not a life I think I would want.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Anonymous 12/01/16 is an idiot!

This is an excellent story which is well written and flows nicely to the end. Anonymous 12/01/16 is obvious a redneck supporter of Donald Trump who has an IQ well below the median on the IQ scale. Actually half the of USA population voted for Trump so they are the 50% of the population below 100 on the IQ scale. We in the rest of the world are now stuck with watching Trump make a fool of himself for the next 4 year, lol!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You can't donate an entire liver,dumbass

You only have one

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
great story

but i think it would have been a better ending to take the 7 million, save her life and then watch as her life came apart as she realises her father created this mess, her new playboy husband is impotent after the crash and abusive and controlling. her daughter also finds out the truth and pulls away from her controlling family and reconnects with her dad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Bravo

*Clapping* This is the firs story where the moronic writer don't push the wronged husband tot ake the fucking "high road". Letting her die as the low life scum she was was simply perfection. Well done.

MaFreplerMaFreplerabout 7 years ago
Awful. Truly one of the worst

First, your protagonist is a monster. I don't want him to have a happy ending. I want him to have a horribly painful death and burn in hell. Second, the father is unbelievably evil. How could he hate his own daughter so much? No explanation. Third, not enough is put not the affair to justify the wife cheating. Fourth, once she found out that daddy paid lover to seduce her, she sure as hell wouldn't have married him, or would have immediately divorced him if she had. Fifth, there is no way that daughter ever forgives her father for not saving her mother. Nothing that ex-wife or her family did to him justifies letting her die. Maybe you honestly think so, but that is your moral failing, and it shouldn't enter into the story. Maybe you were trying to show how hurt he was, but all that incident showed is that he was a heartless bastard. Nothing in this story is true. The only thing that it shows is the unrelenting cruelty of the caricatures in it. Like most bad stories the plot pushes the characters (such as they are) around.

Impo_64Impo_64about 7 years ago
What @MaFrepler forgot...

What @MaFrepler forgot: If he had decided to save his cheating ex-wife, he wouldn't ever be able to save his child's life!

sdc97230sdc97230about 7 years ago
Linda and Annie needed different transplants

Linda needed a liver transplant. That's a part of the donor's liver, because everyone only gets one liver. Annie needed a kidney transplant.

The obvious alternative to letting Linda die would have been to set the price of the liver transplant to be Linda signing away her parental rights to Annie and Bob making a conspicuously obvious public confession that he conspired to break up his daughter's marriage, frame his ex son-in-law for harassment and poison his granddaughter against her father. Would have saved Steve's mother years of painful separation from her granddaughter.

And the seven million. But as a trust fund for Annie. If for no other reason than to help paint Steve as the virtuous victim of the rich and powerful who manages to turn the tables and save his daughter from being turned into one of them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
linda was a first class slut

first , linda was a monster .im glad she didnt have a happy ending .i only wish her parents died horribly as well .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
5 Stars

Was he cold-blooded to deny the ex-wife a part of his liver? Yeah, I'd say so. But that's how people get when they get shit on over and over again. But he did the right thing by giving a kidney to his daughter. She really was an innocent in the whole screwed up mess. Very nice work, Slirpuff.

StormKing33StormKing33almost 7 years ago
5* Wow BTB

Poor Steve was burned to ashes. Yet like the Phoenix, he rose up and became more powerful than his enemies since he had the power of life and death. Plus he got his daughter back sort of.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
At least

Some one knows how to take revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Whatever the grandparents did, the daughter would never have forgotten or forgiven him letting her mother die. His vitriol was over the top and made the story unbelievable.

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatalmost 7 years ago
Antarctic Cold

I must agree with StormKing. That said, it was one of the coldest of the 10,000 or so LV revenge stories I have read on this site or anywhere else. Yet, I do see some balance in it. A cheating wife, an unbalanced father, half a man's liver, what is that wronged husband to choose? Who was right and who was wrong? Everybody.

Although the story was stretched close to the limit in places, it was quite riveting in more than a couple others. I also rated it a 5, something I rarely do.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 6 years ago
While it would have been nice to destroy Bob while saving Linda...

The best he could have done would have been to require Bob to not only confess to all he did to ruin Steve's life but to provide incontrovertible proof...

It's obvious that Bob would just recant everything AFTER Linda got the transplant thereby gaining Steve nothing...

Maybe an iron-clad contact awarding Steve basically EVERYTHING...?

And finally, obviously, full parental rights to Annie... Though if he didn't manage to take everything from Bob, Bob would likely just "kidnap" Annie and fly her to a country without extradition treaty with the US...

But I am more inclined to think Bob would pay high six figures to someyone to shoot Steve in the head rendering him brain dead... though he'd then STILL have to convince Steve's mom to let him have the organs... and when she made the the obvious connection between Steve's shooting and Bob...? You can bet not a single organ would end up leaving his body at that point...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Linda was a victim

and she winds up paying the price. I didn't like it at all.

JackallsJackallsover 6 years ago
Although

I am not a doctor, but since most people have only one liver, a transplant is hardly plausible.

Jack99Jack99over 6 years ago
@jackalls

The liver is the only organ that can regenerate itself (and it can regenerate in just a few short weeks). Usually, a liver can regenerate itself, so there is little need for a transplant (for example, in the case of liver cancer, up to 75% of the liver can be removed, and it will regrow in 3 weeks). For the cases where a donor is needed, it is common to get part of a liver from a living person, and transplant just that piece. It will regrow in both the donor and the recipient.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Really?

Linda is a victim? Just like the man hating ignorant PC crowd to come up with that bullshit. Finally a story of a man who reclaims himself with self pride and ego intact.

Quadman07Quadman07over 6 years ago
Steve should have saved Linda

Linda should not have married the man that was paid to take her from Steve after she realized what her father did to cause her family break up. Steve should have ask for half of Bob's money, full confession of his actions against Steve when he got fired, have Bod admit he hired the man to break up his family, and get full custody of Anne to save Linda. Steve should have requested this in front of Bob's family so Bob could not refuse or he would look like an ass. Linda was just a pawn Bob used against Steve and should not have died. A liver will regrow so the damage from the accident would not have resulted in a need for a transplant, only a diseased liver would need to transplant. In a live donner liver transplant, only part of a liver is needed because the liver will regrow in both patients.

timrivtimrivover 6 years ago

Re-read this story again still unable to comprehend anyone letting someone else who he once loved and had a daughter with die, when he could have saved her, just because he hated her parents. She had been manipulated and he knew it but let her die out of spite anyway? Makes the story not believable.

Would have been better had he given her a piece of his liver, saved her, then have her realize her mistake divorced Don, had it out with her parents and although they might not have been able to reconcile as husband and wife, the two would become friends and raise their daughter together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I know his pain

My ex screwed me over big time. She denied me visitation every chance she got. She moved out of state to hurt me more. I came to hate her more and more with every mean thing she did. I feel Steve did just what I would have done. Linda made her choices. He owed her nothing. Between her and her father they screwed Steve every way they could. For them to think he would help them after what they did was sheer fantasy. Like he said "I'll piss on your grave". I would too! I hope my Ex dies before I do, so I can piss on her grave!!

robt1157robt1157over 6 years ago
timriv....

I honestly hope and pray, you never find out just how easy it is to feel that way about someone. I have a daughter with my ex, and believe me, I WILL piss on her grave if she dies before me. Luckily, she couldn't do to my daughter, what they did to his. In cases like this, sadly, hate comes very easy.

266xxyz266xxyzover 6 years ago
Yes!!

God...reading these comments about what he should have done, like saving Linda's life...wow you pussy MFers. Grow a pair! I feel sorry kinda for you that you are unable to feel real passion. I've used up a few people but I never hated them, in fact I came to really respect them...we were all just doing our jobs. I am totally and completely on his side and I would have pissed on her grave and never softened. I simply cannot understand why anybody would think he was wrong by not giving her a kidney. Fuk me over and I'll fuck you up. Going to extremes? Yeah well shoot me! Life is precious? Only when you care...and I haven't cared for a very long time. You guys created me and made me who I am...not all of you but you know who I am talking to...go live your little Milquetoast lives. I sure as hell have lived mine.

266xxyz266xxyzover 6 years ago
And O!

5*s Slirpuff! Thanks for the read.

imhaplessimhaplessover 6 years ago
simple - 5*

enough said

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
3*'s

No way would I of helped those ass wipes, especially that "Annie", even though she's of my blood and DNA. She turned out just like her mother's parents.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
All that?

And he still couldn't get custody?

oxynam25oxynam25over 6 years ago
The ending was really disappointing

There was this huge confrontation that had me on the edge and then it just died. I knew he was going to donate the kidney to the kid of course. The confrontation was good, but then after what happened?

"She became a part of my life again." Really? How so?

"She still lived with her grandparents and they spoiled her rotten" I think that is the killer. She's going to be just like her mother. Her Grandfather is going to make the same mistake again too. Did donating his kidney really help her? She's still under the influence of a guy that manipulated his daughter into cheating on her husband and bribing a girl to say she was sexualy harassed. Not only that, but bad mouthed the girls father to make sure she stopped visiting him. He played a huge role in his daughter's death.

I saw in another stories comments that your wife edits your stories, but you don't really listen to her because she's too slow or you're too fast. Listen to her! The ending mistakes were a bummer. "She still drives a nicer car that I do but like her mother she never rubs my nose in it." Should've been than* not that. I know grammar nazi am I right? But the very next line it says "Looking down I know Linda is proud of Annie." I thought oh he obviously think she's in hell because he's looking down, I thought that was a nice touch, but then it says "Every once in a while I look to the heavens and say" so she's in heaven not hell?

I know I'm nitpicking because I'm so upset with the ending. Why would Linda even be proud of Annie though? What did she do that would make anyone proud of her? She's spoiled rotten by a naive grandmother and a POS grandfather. A grandmother that really loved her, she shut out of her life. She shut her father out of her life too. Why would anyone be proud of her?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Oh "HELL NO"!

Totally fucked up the ending. He should have gotten at least 50/50 custody AND he should have gotten paid. Big time. Horrible ending ruined the entire story.

johnadpjohnadpabout 6 years ago
Hate Steve

You know Steve admits Bob set Linda up. It took the dude 4 months to seduce her to bed. She had loved him and had gone against her father to be with him. She was a loving wife except for when she cheated on him. He didn't want to forgive her for that and keep with the marriage, that's fine. If he did that would have been fine as well. However, how the fuck do you not donate part of your liver to save your ex-wife, a woman supposedly you loved, and the mother of your child (estranged or not, she was a young child)? He didn't because he hated her father? What a pathetic little man. To spite her father who had fucked her over as much as him, he let a young woman who he had supposedly loved at one point die. The liver rejuvenates. So his donating part of his liver would definitely been an inconvenience and would have taken him about 12 weeks to fully recover, but he would have had a full liver at the end of that. He couldn't do that for her. Fuck him and his pathetic little pride.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Have to disagree with some of the others

Steve was the only one with any integrity. Bob is one of the biggest assholes ever. If there's something he doesn't like, he pays enough money to get his way. He didn't like Steve so he throws enough money at the problem and makes him go away. If Linda had any feelings at all for him she could have stopped it all and at least let Steve live his life. But no, she sat back and watched her dad destroy Steve all the while fucking the asshole. And her excuse for fucking the asshole, "I was bored." She thought so little of him and their marriage that she threw it away for a little entertainment. Never thought about talking to him did she? And her mom, Ann, had to know what kind of douchebag Bob was. She just turned a blind eye to the whole thing so as not to upset the apple cart. Finally his daughter Annie was just a product of brainwashing by Linda and the asshole, Bob, and Ann telling her how Steve abandoned her. Quite a fucking bunch of lowlifes.

And in response to the last post, after everyone had fucked him over like they did, why would he ever consider donating to Linda. She had taken everything he loved without a second thought. He might have loved her at one time but she ended up meaning less than nothing to him. It would be real easy to make the same decision.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
There were two who refused

A lot of people jumped on Steve about refusing to donate part of his liver to Linda. But, he wasn't the only one decline. Rickey also refused to help Linda and he knew her longer than Steve since they were in the program together before Steve.

Interestingly, they both implied the same thing, money isn't everything. The transplant is not without risk especially if complication arises where he needs a transfusion.

So why would Steve and not Rickey also especially since Linda never tried to make Rickey's a living hell? Linda gave significant reason for Steve to not help her. Sure she was his daughters mother, but the daughter rejected Steve also. So, there was no compelling reason for Steve to risk himself for a family who couldn't care less for him.

Karma has a way of coming back to bite. Sadly, Linda and her family found out the hard way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

As I understand the human body, if he'd sold one of his kidneys to his ex-wife they wouldn't have let him give the other to Annie. Can you imagine how he'd have felt then, being rich from selling something that his daughter later needed?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Thoughts

@BetterEnding 08/12/14 Re: "Bad Karma: "That was the mother of his child, regardless of what had gone on before." – And he was the father of her child. That didn't stop her from fucking him over!

I think I made a comment a few years ago, that if he's in God's hands, why can't he play football? If God wants him, He'll take him, and if he DOESN'T he won't!

"remember it's only one day of the rest of your lives" – Yes, but what happens when it's HER family for Thanksgiving, and HER family for Christmas. It's fine that their doing the major part of the wedding, but to ignore his mother is sheer rudeness.

"I just don't want to go back with any tan lines, that's all." – That's all well and good as far as the top goes, but who the fuck is she expecting to see bikini bottom tan lines?

"Please let me try and make it up to you." – Okay. Tell your father to stay the fuck out of our lives, in those words! Tell him no more "allowance", etc. From now on, if I can't go to a party or function, she doesn't go either.

When you started getting "deeper" involved, you shut it down, not let it get "deeper and DEEPER" involved until you're fucking!

She's shocked to learn that her own father set her up to cheat, and instead of reaming him a new asshole, she goes along with fucking up the life of the man she loves?!

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 6 years ago
Anon 4/17 pay attention

His ex-wife needed a liver transplant. You can give a node from your liver and it will grow back. He could have saved both. It was his decision to make and since they completely destroyed him, I can understand his decision. I however wouldn't have been able to let the mother of my child die. It would have been better revenge to save her and not take the money. He would have taken the high ground. He could have demanded a better relationship with his daughter. His ex was married to a very damaged Don and eventually would have cheated on him while he sat home in his wheelchair drinking himself to death. Linda would always see Steve with their daughter and know what she gave up. He could punish her for the rest of her life and everyone would owe him for saving her life. They would see low life scum everytime they looked in a mirror.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 6 years ago
Sorry not enough

The BTB & Bob was not enough. Bob just tried to back door Debra for his own agenda, only thing Debra did not do was tell Steve for how much....

At the final show down Linda recognized Bob set it all up and still continued with Bob's plan. I'm sure Don was on the yacht - Linda lie by omission. Linda allowed Bob to horse whip and drive Steve into near poverty. Linda allowed Bob to take Annie out of Steve's life. She got what she deserved in not standing up to Bob.

Worse Annie has turned into a Jr. Linda with greed of what Grandpa and Grandma can give her. Even after Annie learned of the ugly truth of her grandpa/ma and mother.

Bob may have lost his daughter but he was still polluting humanity via Annie and messing with Steve. Bob needs a far worse punishment. If Annie would have left going to Steve I'd have respect for her but Bob was to ingrained in her. Just another spoiled debutante bitch in the making. Or Ann taking Annie and leaving Bob - there could be hope.

I'm greedy, Steve, you should have taken $7M for Annie's kidney. Then grab Debra and mother to leave for parts unknown. Annie will never be his.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 6 years ago
I may have missed it, but is any mention of Annie becoming closer to Steve’s mother?

Does Linda’s parents ever explain the harm they did by discarding the cards and presents sent by Steve’s mother to Annie? Do Lind’s parents ever apologize to Steve’s mother?

That’s the one hole I wanted to see filled in.

Personally I’d probably let Annie die, after rubbing her grandparent’s nose in it. BUT... Steve would have lost Debra (she knew now, and see exactly how cold blooded Steve could be), and assuming Steve’s mother found out about it (and I’m sure at some point Linda’s parents would have contacted her), he would have alienated his mother too. She was too kind hearted.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Re-Reading

"It's just that you never want to do what I want to do anymore. I can't sit in this place night after night;" - That's bullshit! He never stopped her from going when he couldn't, hell, she had stopped asking him to go along. She as hardly sitting at home "night after night"!

As I think I said before, when she found themselves getting "deeper and deeper," that's when you break things off.

I still don't understand how once Linda understood that her father set her up to cheat, that she didn't insist on a fair divorce, joint custody and leaving him alone. Of course, then we wouldn't have the story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
And he never asked for money?

Shit. Make Bob cough up 5 million - just because. This was an unusual story line. I liked that part. The part I didn't like was that, with the exception of Steve's Mother, there wasn't a decent character in the lot. Not even Annie. It's hard to like a story in which you HATE all the characters. Really hard.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

It's a shame that he couldn't have had some sort of court ordered relationship with his daughter once he became her only parent.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Back in ninth grade

Cheryl Hall explained it to me. Never date a pretty girl who grew up with money.

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
Too ridiculous

There's BTB and then there's pure, mindless, unadulterated gore that tears the life out of everything and everyone it comes into contact with. This was the latter. Not a single character, dying or not, was worth a shit in this story. Not even one

fifteen16fifteen16over 5 years ago
Right or Wrong

Steve really turned into a hard man but only towards his former wife and in laws. As to his refusal to help his former wife, as she and her family did sow, so did they reap. Many may make a moral judgement here.

i am thinking of the relatively young, how many are on the organ donor register, how many regularly give blood?.Many people die because of the lack of donors, scared i suppose.Do not know about other country's but blood is freely donated in the U.K., we don't sell it. A powerful story Slirpuff, well done.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

Well done for letting the evil slut wife die, she absolutely deserved it. And no... not for the cheating. After knowing that her father set her up and ruined her marriage, does she beg Steve's forgiveness? Spend months trying to win her husband back? No. She runs to daddy, who gets Steve accused of sexual harassment and fired. That would be bad enough, but the cunt kept her ex-husband away from his daughter.

As for Annie, she was just as much of a mercenary PoS as her mother was. After she found out the truth about her grandparents and everything Bob had done to her father (and her other grandmother), she STILL kept in touch with the evil shit because he bought her a nice car...

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Cold maybe

His reaction to Linda's injury might have been cold, but it was much deserved. Why would a man whose wife treated him the way Linda did, deserve anything but hate? Why save her for the man she cheated with? I admire him as a.man who hated so intensely that he couldn't be bought. These have always been my reactions to bring wronged. I haven't caused anyone to die, but I don't forget and I don't forgive. We Scotch live by and for the feud. This protagonist was badly used by Bob and he took Bob's prized possession permanently. Nice that he elected to save the daughter, but even that brought to light more evil from Bob. A great story in my.opinion.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Tough call!

I like to think I'd take the high road, but she was never a wife to him. Actually, she was worse than a stranger. She was a part of his life and she betrayed him in many ways. I can't really blame him.

rfnks2002rfnks2002over 5 years ago
FTDS

I have a feeling Annie is going to be just like her mother or she would have went to live with her dad. As for the x-mother-in law she knew every thing Bob did. She play the innocent card but I'm not buying it. If I was Steve I would cut my losses grab Deb move across the country away from the shit heads their nothing but trouble.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Did I miss something?

If Annie didn't get any letters or presents, isn't interfering with the mail a federal offense. And if Bob didn't keep them Annie's grandmother and Annie herself would have grounds for a lawsuit. It would have been nice to see that shitstorm come down on him!

deblackbusterdeblackbusteralmost 5 years ago
Wtf

She stilled stayed with her grandparents after all that bullshit they pulled? Fuck that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
What 26thNC said

I agree, English, Irish and Dutch. Don't fuck with the Scots or us either...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Poorly written.

Only sympatico character was his mother. The rest were all varying degrees of evil or insane. No redeeming features.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I'd have let the daughter die as well

fuck bob and fuck all his family

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago
Reread

Great chill of a story with a seriously abreviated shoehorned ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I'd have demanded Bob

surrender every dime he owns into a trust I controlled until Annie turned 18

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I see Johnadp's comments are about as worthless as his "stories".

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Great story

I think everyone here for what they deserved, but old Bob lost the most. I sincerely hope that Kinda had no real happiness before she died. Pain and regret for every minute of her life.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous