All Comments on 'Special Weapons and Tactics Ch. 03'

by justbobkc

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Zzzzzzz

Special sleep aids and snooze tactics.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
More soon

Enjoying this story!! Have a feeling John is going to bring rich boy a schoolin!! Susan is quite the mess, but holding out hope she will come out ok. Understand life getting in way of creativity but really looking forward to more. You are a good writer!!

dc6370dc6370about 8 years ago
Worth the wait.

I really enjoy your story line. I still think they should get back together, but who am I?

PostScriptorPostScriptorabout 8 years ago
A sad sort of commentary...

Alas, it starts to appear that Susan is one of those people who makes bad and self-destructive decisions and it will no doubt cost her.

Look forward to seeing what direction you take this story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Nice writing

but the story is too much like real life for me and I guessing you to. Having known the Susan type character all to well, the sad truth is they never get better revolving door similar bad occurrences and regret. They try to live a normal life but never get rid of the voices until greater doses of meds turn them into zombies or a fate worse than death. sorry do not see happy ending coming so I will part this one and look for your next story keep up the good work!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Can't Say I Liked It

Not a fan of the "mentally ill" genre.

Went down hill when he let his mentally unstable, drug using ex-wife come up with the kids and vacation with him. Lonely or not, that is just a rather stupid move and I find it difficult to like stupid characters.

impo_61impo_61about 8 years ago
She wasn't ready to be out of rehab and therapy...

She wasn't ready to be out of rehab and therapy...That was clear...The important in this part was that he got his kids feeling good around him again...Where the story will lead us, only the writer knows...I just hope this doesn't take too long to reach the end...3*

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
I Hope This Kills Any RAAC

I was beginning to see a possible RAAC, this is obviously a setback, and I hope John ends up with Jenny and Susan ends up alone!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Hmmm....

The simple fact that she can make a small mistake and this happens...?

She should never be married if it is a closed marriage. Having family with similar problems and an ex girlfriend who is EXACTLY like this. I would definitely vote for her to never get back together with John. Sure, she should still help care for her children and be a friend to John, but her actions prove she is insane and unstable. I am sorry to say but she should remain single and immedietely have her tubes tied of it is possible for her illness to be passed on. She has four kids, Kimberly may turn out to be just like her mother.

Sadness...nothing but sadness.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Real life thoughts

Funny thing, she is mentally ill and she has the kids. She is incapable of compassion and life with her will be mostly about meeting her needs. He can pour his soul into meeting her wants, desires, etc and in the end she will just turn on him and be incapable of meeting his basic needs or showing concern for him. She will always be first and he will be an after thought.

Real life advice without the fiction in it is, be friendly to her in family and social situations, but keep your personal life personal, and out of her reach. For his own good, she can't be part of that side his life, or a live in partner. Move on.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 8 years ago
Really?

Sorry but this isn't a cliffhanger, it's a shit hanger.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
# 1

There was no zero

SkibumSkibumabout 8 years ago
So she has a mental illness...

As a cop, he can not afford to be tied to a druggie wife. She claims she wants him back, but as soon as he and the kids leave she goes on a date with a predator, accepts drugs from him, gives him a blowjob, and then cries "rape"? He can do much better and the kids would be better off with him. Time to cut his losses, go for full custody, and put her (and her problems) behind him.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterabout 8 years ago
Jesus

No one talks like a real person, and you clearly don't understand anything about mental illness it drugs. And oh good!! Now blaming a woman for being drugged and raped! You are just a first class example if everything wrong with this site and this section.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Wow, a real emotional roller coaster. But let's be real, . . .

his ex-wife is a broken woman. Her children should not be under her care, period. She is unpredictable and dangerous. If the kids had been home this asshole might have raped Kimberly after finishing with Susan. If Susan does not voluntarily relinquish control of the kids then she is demonstrating how unfit and mentally incompetent she is to be a wife and mother. So, first fix the children's lives and future.

Then, help Susan fix herself. Her psychiatrist should definitely talk to John so he can determine his role in Susan's rehabilitation. She's not a bad person, just mentally ill. Even though they are legally unmarried, John made a vow to love her in sickness and in health, and she is sick. So if he is the man he wants to be he should stay involved in Susan's life to the point he can help her. She really needs his sympathy and understanding.

But that does not mean he should forsake his own life and future happiness. Marriage is a matter of opportunities and options. If Susan was his best option then he should seriously consider the possibilities. But now there is Jenny, and she appears to be better partner material than Susan, way better. John should pursue Jenny with all his energy, with the object of reestablishing his family with Jenny as the wife and mother. Susan's future is just too uncertain and her illness too unpredictable for John to hang around to see if she can be cured. Can you really cure a mentally ill person? Susan needs to be kept in the children's lives until they mature. Then she needs to accept her illness, its limitations, and the impact of her relapses, first with Jack, then with whoever catches her fancy and offers her some E. How fucked up is that? Susan's life will be like any other chronically ill person, less than what it would have been if not for the illness or infirmity. She will simply have to cope with the losses and limitations her illness has caused. Sad, but other people do it every day.

And who knows what her future role might be in John and her children's lives?

EddboyEddboyabout 8 years ago
frontline

are you an idiot? she willingly went on a date with this man she just met, got drunk with him, and took the pill voluntarily.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasterabout 8 years ago
Right

And as everyone knows, you can't be raped by someone you're on a date with our while drunk or impaired.

That's about the level of discourse on the subject I expect from the unrepentant misogynists who call this section home.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
@frontlinecaster

Eddboy’s recollection of the facts presented are valid whether the readership is as unrepentantly misogynistic as you claim or not.

Here are the facts that justbobkc presented for us:

Susan chose to spend time with Sam. She chose to let him know where she lived. She chose to drink not only two glasses of wine with a relative stranger, but also some brandy and (value judgment coming) then accepted and ingested ecstasy from him. Trusting said stranger that it was, indeed, ecstasy.

Ecstasy? The same drug that started her whole ordeal. The same drug that was a major component of the failure of her marriage and estrangement from John. The same John she claims she wants to get back together with? I do not wish to put words in your mouth, but are you saying that she is completely blameless here? Does she not bear ANY responsibility for putting herself in that situation? Given the circumstances put forth?

While with John, she shows admirable restraint with alcohol. Bur with a stranger, not so much? I am certain that you can see how that might make the average reader a bit incredulous. Even if you want to claim addiction and/or mental incapacity, she should have known better to avoid situations like that. Again, she did it when John was with her so we know she was capable.

I understand that the author is trying to portray her in a more sympathetic way by making her mentally ill but come on now…some common sense should be in play here. She is not unaware that she is attractive to men (see her last day n the beach with John) and should have known that if Sam wanted them both to take some E, that he had intentions that were not going to end well for her.

That being said, what ultimately happened to her was wrong and not her fault. Rape is not anything to joke about or take lightly. It is a heinous crime of violence, one the uses sex to accomplish its goal. But it could not have happened if she did not voluntarily take the drinks and especially if she did not take the same drug that brought her low before.

In her own words “I had just voluntarily gotten half-drunk with a strange man like "on a date" and then voluntarily taken Ecstasy and then gotten raped in every hole.” One could rationally, misogynist or not, take those facts and perhaps say that she put herself in a bad situation. Not that she deserved it, but that it would not have happened if she had only been as vigilant as she had been only two days earlier.

As an aside, I do wish your generalizations would be as tempered as you would like others to be toward you. Not everyone here is a misogynist, just as not everyone here is a misandrist. Perhaps limiting your responses to the individuals would help people to accept your viewpoint without dismissing it out of hand just because you were the one to offer it.

kjohns2001kjohns2001about 8 years ago
Mentally ill is right

Poor judgment, poor impulse control and a drug problem....about the only major mental illness issue not touched on is the lack of hygiene exhibited by the mentally ill. Almost every mentally ill individual approaching the moderate level has hygiene issues. Oftentimes it's these issues that leads to the mental illness being discovered and diagnosed. At their worst these issues alone can make it impossible for the mentally ill individual to function in a normal society. Lack of bathing combined with a failure to clean up after going to the restroom does tend to give a lot of mentally ill individuals a distinctive air of illness. And don't even talk about oral or diet hygiene. (I still shudder every time I recall one of my patients that would dip unfinished liquid bowel movements from a toilet saying "It's brown so it's coffee." {{{{SHUDDER}}}}

Mental illness is not a minor problem. My biggest problem with this story is that someone as mentally ill as this woman would be allowed custody of the children. The added stress of parenting on top of the mental illness would be a recipe for disaster that could even go as far as endangering the lives of the children. Far too many children have been killed by a mentally ill parent for me to ever consider having a mentally ill parent have custodial custody as a good ideal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
sorry

If she really wants him back she wouldn't be even considering spending time with any other guys.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Going nicely

Just take the time and don't rush it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

the point of this? they divorced. the end. the rest is only wasting time before raac.

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
THOSE PROBLEMS IN THE PAST

never far away have now entered the future present, TK U MLJ LV NV

bruce22bruce22about 8 years ago
Continues interesting because of the details.

The fact that the wife does not have the slightest street savvy strongly suggests that she should make contact with a boot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
"the point of this? they divorced. the end. the rest is only wasting time before raac."

So don;t read it you stupid annon; what is the point as you so aptly put it.

I am finding it very enjoyable, thanks. 5*

ohyessssssohyessssssalmost 8 years ago
setback?

She's been a druggie and a slut since high school . She goes out with a stranger and takes x. She knew what would happen. John needs to rid himself of this cancer.

OnethirdOnethirdover 7 years ago
Bumps in the road

I like this story. No hitting rock bottom then steady rise to domestic nirvana. More complicated, like life. I look forward to reading more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
"Damn It, Why Is It All So Complicated?"

When the protagonist lets the poison bitch sidle up to him and rest her poison head on his shoulder. And the author has this straight-thinking, practical, man's man exhale like a sissy and exclaim like this - that's when you know the writer is gay as hell and ready to turn his protagonist into a swish.

For real, this is bullshit. It's the same type of thing when a woman/wife is acting like a dumb slut, pretending that her actions won't or can't precipitate an act of infidelity on her part.

The point is the thoughtlessness of it, and having him throw his hands up like that - it's completely uncharacteristic of the man and stupid as fuck. The writer is ruining a good man just for fun.

Hey author, we're not all inhabitants of planet Swish.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 6 years ago

I got too much of a RAAC vibe with the guy, he seemed way too willing to let the crazy ex into his life and his arms.

She has done too much, is too unstable, and either too slutty or plain stupid. It would be a poor ending if he got saddled with her instead of moving on.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago

Why the fuck would John even think about getting back together with the druggie psycho superwhore?

She fucked his friend.

She turned everyone against him.

She ruined his relationship with his kids.

No guy would even speak to her again after all that shit and now you're doing a RAAC?!

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
This seems...

to be turning into a ridiculous RAAC. I hope I'm wrong.

MarkT63MarkT63over 4 years ago
Dummy!!!

Susan is just a stupid whore... John is trying his best to be her CUCK!!

He's stupid as she is...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not for me

So just like that, John is open to reconciling with her? Susan is just a selfish slut. I dont feel sorry for her and I cant believe after all she did to him, he can even be around her. Also John is supposed to be this tough law man and yet is such a pussy when it comes to her? This story is just all over the place. Wont be finishing this as I can see its leading towards a RAAC ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
sick/crazy women

Only somebody who has been married to a women with mental illness can relate. Yeah, I was. When she was off her meds she was crazy, and accused me publicly of abusing her. But I still loved her, until my clergyman, my psycologist, and the head of the University Dept of Social Work made in clear to me my choices: Kill her, Kill myself, RUN for your Life and Sanity! I ran, and kept running

The_OutlanderThe_Outlanderabout 3 years ago

Enjoyable,

Yes, I am enjoying this tale, and contrary to what most commentators are harping on abut, I suggest they give this and any other fiction some leeway, and actually read the story. The author is asking and answering some rather valid questions, making points that do not sit easily, but do reflect the real world and people I have know personally.

Onwards!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You had a really good series going here, but you just couldn't resist veering off into another pathetic RAAC story. What a shame!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous