All Comments on 'Spell, Crook and Handle Pt. 02'

by Lost Boy

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
dutch513nelsdutch513nelsalmost 9 years ago
Great

You have a winner with this story. One of the best I have read on this site .Hope you do more like it .Thanks it is truly a great read .Gave it a 5 it deserves 100 .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
The only problem I have with this story,

is that I have trouble figuring out how the worlds you've created connect. Are they all one world? Are your changes brought by time travelers the real story? Are they alternate versions of earth with different heroes at the end?

Fantastic story as always. 5*

Lost BoyLost Boyalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Worlds within worlds...

Yes. I like building on existing material whether or not the reader is aware of its origins. The time line itself is constantly in flux. The main players are Shaw and Masters. They are the movers and shakers of my multiverse. I say that because story lines often contradict, ignore and change previous material. I hope to collect all the damn notes, ideas and brain storms into a single cohesive series of books. That is if my health doesn't take another sideways lurch. Thanks to all the kind and constructive words from my readers. Thank you all so very much!!!!

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
An interesting turn of events

You have introduced so many different threads it is difficult to tie them together. It almost seems like you have several story lines all mashed up in a single tale.

It took me a minute to give up the idea of figuring out how this chapter was the next step from the first since they are so different.

Where to next?

2ezgoin2ezgoinalmost 9 years ago
Excellent story!

Excellent story line, impressive! I do hope that there are future installments to come. The potential of your story is fantastic, and I am grateful that you took the time and energy to create it. Keep up the good work! ;)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
yaaa ur back

god i love ur writing read 95% of all ur stuff and love every second of it 5stars like always

IrfonIrfonover 8 years ago
Suddenly.....

.....I find myself in a Sci-Fi story ??

Well written.Thank you for a really entertaining read.....I think ?

I'll just go and lie down for a little while.............!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Lots of factual errors

"The vehicles would follow us down."

NEVER!

First, pilots are often terrible at hitting the "jump" light (telling jumpers they are over the DZ (Drop Zone). You can be miles away, in trees (or water).

Second, winds are NOT constant. Notice you don't have pathfinders on the ground to measure wind speed/direction. In a desert, no plants to blow in the wind (and you wouldn't jump in a sand storm) things get dicey fast.

Third, no guarantees with chutes (that's why you carry a spare). Heavy drops (vehicles/equipment) don't have spares. A "Streamer" is a chute that doesn't deploy properly. Looks more like a fat kite string than a chute opened fully. You will likely have two or more chutes for each heavy drop item. One streams, the other can't hold the full weight, it pops off and bang.

Take all of those things into consideration and being on the ground while heavy stuff is dropped? Hell no.

A jumper can steer his chute (some chutes more than others) to avoid equipment already on the ground (to some extent). Equipment cannot be steered. It's at the mercy of all the factors above.

If you live near Ft Bragg, NC, try watching a heavy drop. They used to allow the public to watch drops. You will get first hand experience as to why jumpers are always last.

Lost BoyLost Boyover 8 years agoAuthor
facts

Thank you for the corrections. I watched some history channel and the footage isnt too chronological about what drops and when. I will hold onto your notes for future use. Thanks again!!

bigdog6555bigdog6555over 8 years ago
lost boy is correct.

lost boy is correct.Having gotten through the first part of this dime novel, I was hoping you would become better, but it seems no you haven't. It reads more or less like a jackoff fantasy then a novel, or for that matter a story. Then again, I guess we all have to put those fantasies out there some how.

SupportMain420SupportMain420over 6 years ago

This is a masterpiece.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Wow! H.P. Lovecraft, the solution to what happened to Anastasia, and Tales of the Arabian Knights all wrapped up into one! Epic!

TSreaderTSreaderalmost 5 years ago
A great chapter!

So well written and such an imagination! Thank you!

DevilbobyDevilbobyover 3 years ago
Strange but ?

As sci-fi it leaves a lot to be desired as erotica it is strangely fulfilling. Interesting

RanDog025RanDog025almost 2 years ago

Sad ending for this chapter. He must have had this deep feeling that what she was, was not here choice, but because of the bad magic. No magic could be good even if it was real! Another 5 BIG FAT STARS!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLost Boy@Lost Boy
22-08-23 Sorry for the extremely long hibernation. My heart attack and recovery have hit me harder than expected. To be honest, it will likely be a bit before I continue. I am struggling with meds and coherent thought at the moment. I'll do my best to continue with stories alr...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES