All Comments on 'Spellbound Ch. 09'

by Shock_Tea

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sad to hear this will be your last chapter.

But I completely understand why you're waiting and considering publishing a novel. The story is beautiful, and the characters are dynamic. Honestly, the depth to your characters is my favorite thing about this story. I love how human they are- no one is a straight "good" or "bad" character. Except maybe Baccus. While heavily implied he forced women on the table even before Melina, he never expressly states it as far as I remember. Assuming he did force them, though, he's the only strictly bad person. Now that I look back on it, I wonder if it wouldn't serve the story better to have him not be a straight evil villain; maybe have him be driven mad by his lost desire and turn evil? It seems more in line with the theme of the story- Melina is tortured and abused by a monster of her own creation. Not a monster that she accidentally caused to turn its sights on her, but one genuinely spawned from her own actions. Anyway, love the story- let us know here on lit if/when you publish it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Loved it

I agree wholeheartedly with the previous comment.

Thank you for pausing at a satisfying point in the story where it could be complete, but hints at more.

Baccus could be an interesting plot device. If his history were explored and perhaps hinted that he is not all he seems, or his motives are the result of circumstances currently unknown to other characters. I like characters that are a mix of good and bad, the mix varying with your perspective and knowledge.

My hope is that you can maintain the plot and character development at this level, and avoid the continuation becoming "The Further Adventures Of ..."

I wish you luck with your project.

H

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous