Spider's Web

Story Info
Lost in the woods, Aster meets a suspicious older woman.
8.8k words
4.27
3.1k
4
0

Part 1 of the 1 part series

Updated 04/10/2024
Created 04/02/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Authors Note(s) : This story serves as our introduction to Derian, a new fantasy world I'm developing. In this story, we meet Aster and Demeter, a pair of adventuring mages as they travel through the six kingdoms in search of malevolent creatures and memorable experiences.

This story contains some light age play (mostly limited to the use of the word "mommy"), as well as some pretty serious dubcon. If either of those upset you, please turn away now!

All characters are over the age of 18 and appear as such (Aster is 20, Demeter is 28, and Caroline is probably in her 30s or something, for anyone wondering).

As always, thoughts and constructive criticism are welcome!

***

Aster stood nervously at the edge of the forest, where the cobblestone road ended, and the rocky trail began. Demeter had told her to stay in the inn while she went out in search of work, but after nearly four hours Aster couldn't bear it any longer. She remembered reading about how the Gale Forest was full of honeyseed, a delicacy she hadn't enjoyed in years. She almost couldn't remember what it tasted like. It would be a quick trip, just long enough to collect a small pouchful and soak in the warm afternoon breeze before returning to the prison that was the Grey Talon Inn.

But now, with the forest before her, Aster wasn't so sure. It was far darker than she imagined it, as if the canopy of leaves above were sucking up every last bit of sunlight they could. To make matters worse, there were no honeyflowers in sight. She had never seen any in person, but Aster's encyclopedia had assured her that the bright, almost luminescent, white petals were impossible to miss. She had expected to see a few, enough to guide her journey, at least, but all she could see were crab mushrooms.

Yuck.

Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to venture in after all. Even if she was successful in her hunt and returned with a carriage full of the sweet seeds, Aster was certain that Demeter would still scold her, reminding her how dangerous it was for her to wander off on her own and about the importance of "patience."

No. You can do this. You're not a child.

With a firm grip on her staff and a point to prove, Aster took her first step onto the dirt path before her. Knowing Demeter, she would be out until after the sun set at the very least. Aster would be back well before then with a belly full of honeyseed and a story to tell, proving that she was more than capable of taking care of herself.

Proving that she was a woman.

***

It didn't take Aster very long to get lost. The trail she selected was winding, overgrown, and faded. It would fork sporadically without so much as a cairn to lead the way, twist wildly from side to side, and sometimes disappear entirely before suddenly reappearing beneath Aster's feet minutes later as if it had been there the whole time. Aster followed it as best she could, climbing over boulders the size of stables and crawling under fallen tree trunks taller than her. She didn't dare go around for fear that she wouldn't be able to find the trail on the other side.

It didn't take long for the dirt trail to turn into nothing more than a vague suggestion of a path, the only indication of its existence being sparse, trampled plants. To make matters worse, Aster still hadn't seen a single honeyflower. Fear was beginning to creep into her periphery and Aster decided that maybe it was best to head back to the inn and venture out another time.

Defeated, she turned around and began to walk back. She could see a large, hollow tree trunk in the distance where the path had disappeared. Once she made it back there, it would be easier to retrace her steps.

Aster walked quickly, eager to return to the safety of the trail, filling with relief as she finally arrived at the tree trunk. She walked around it's circumference, waiting for the vegetation beneath her feet to turn into packed dirt, finding that it never did.

Aster stumbled backwards in confusion. The path had been clear here. She remembered it vividly. She remembered-

This wasn't the tree trunk she remembered. That tree trunk had a steerus nest inside. This one was empty.

Panic, which had existed as no more than a suggestion thus far, began to overtake Aster's thoughts, clouding her judgement. She glanced nervously around her, looking for any other hollow tree trunks in the distance to guide her. She saw none.

Trembling, Aster began to walk in the direction she suspected she came from, the dense trees of the forest masking any indication of the town she sought. Aster could hear Demeter's words clearly, warning her. Trying to protect her.

Demeter was right. Aster didn't know how to take care of herself in a place like this. She was lost, cold and alone, and the sun was setting. Some weary traveler would probably find her body frozen solid or, even worse, her bones, picked clean by some beast.

Why did she insist on being so proud? So stupid?

She wasn't meant to be an adventurer. She was meant to be a farmer.

The farm was warm. The farm was familiar. The farm was safe. There was nothing that could hurt her - not really. Nowhere to get lost. Nobody to trick or swindle her. Nothing remarkable at all.

Just like her.

Aster closed her eyes tightly, praying that she would open them and she would be back home. Praying that this was all a dream.

All you need to be an adventurer is a curious spirit.

Demeter's voice whispered soothingly into Aster's frantic mind, calming it. Those were the words Demeter had spoken to her the night before their adventure began. Aster had been afraid then too. She didn't think she could do it. She knew she couldn't do it. But Demeter knew she could. She believed in Aster. Saw something in her that Aster didn't see herself.

Aster tightened her grip around her staff with a deep breath.

She could do this.

Gently, she dug the end of her staff into the soft earth below and began to focus. She focused on the sounds of the forest - the rustling of the leaves, the buzzing of insects, the trampling of small feet - letting them flow through her. She focused on her skin - the cool breeze brushing gently against it, the small speckles of sunshine dancing warmly across it, the dry wood grasped firmly in her hands and firm ground beneath her feet - memorizing the sensations as they washed over her. She focused on the smell of the forest - the earthy dirt, the sweet flowers, the woody trees, the musky leaves, the crisp air - breathing deeply and deliberately, welcoming all sorts of scents she had never experienced before.

Aster opened her eyes slowly, amazed by what she saw. The forest looked so beautiful. The boundless greenery which had been so intimidating just a moment ago was striking now. There were so many shades of green, so many different shapes and textures, so many species of plants, all living together in harmony. The entire forest was covered in a faint dew, making the vibrant green foliage glisten beneath the small rays of sunlight that managed to sneak their way past the towering canopy above.

The lime green and spindly suckleweed.

The egg shaped, emerald leaves of the dragon's nest.

The dark green bark of the midnight oak.

It was all so stunning. So peaceful. Aster could sense the path she had taken to get here. All she had to do was follow it back.

The sweet smell of honeyflowers suddenly struck her nose.

Excitedly, Aster eyes shot open, the scent immediately disappearing.

Drat.

With another deep breath, she refocused her energy, searching longingly for the scent.

Slowly, she stood up, careful to maintain her focus this time. She took soft, careful steps in its direction, using her eyes to watch her footing while her nose led the way. The scent was growing stronger and stronger, as was her excitement.

She glanced upwards. There it was.

It was even more beautiful than she had imagined, glowing like moonlight.

Aster's focus became singular as she rushed towards the dazzling bed of flowers. There must be a hundred! She tossed her staff to the side as she dug into a flower hungrily, withdrawing several small white seeds with pride and quickly shoving them into her mouth.

Oh, my gods.

They were even more delectable than she remembered. They were sweet and soothing, the flavor sliding down Aster's throat like...well, like honey. She began to pluck at the flowers wildly. Collecting small handfuls and tossing them into her mouth all at once. She was so enamored by the flowers surrounding her that she failed to notice the pair of eyes spying on her from the trees above.

Only after her mouth was full did she begin to slow down. She unclasped a small pouch from her belt and began to fill it up, returning to the flowers she had already attacked to make sure they were picked clean. After her pouch was full, she reattached it to her belt and collected one more handful of seeds to snack on as she made her way back to the inn. She could tell that sunset was only an hour away, and she really didn't want to get back after Demeter.

Aster stood up and immediately crumpled back down to the ground. Her muscles felt weak, as if she had just woken up.

It had been so long since she last ate honeyseed that Aster had entirely forgot about its lethargic effects. A handful of seeds was enough to feel the effects, and Aster had eaten four or five.

Oh no.

Aster pushed herself to her feet and steadied her shaking legs. She would have to find her way back before she passed out in the middle of the forest.

All she had to do was grab her staff and use it to retrace the steps she had taken to get here.

Her staff.

Where was her staff?

She had set it right at the edge of the flowerbed, hadn't she?

A new wave of panic began to wash over Aster. She wasn't skilled enough yet to channel her magic without her staff. And aside from that, it had been a gift from Demeter. Aster couldn't lose it.

Frantically, she began to dig through the grass surrounding her.

"Lose something?"

Aster yelped as a voice called out from behind her. A rush of adrenaline helped her shoot to her feet and spin around, ready to fight.

"You look like you've lost something? Can I help you find it?"

Standing before Aster was a woman. A tall, beautiful woman. She was dressed in a shimmering, hooded shawl that covered every inch of her skin except her face, but even through the loose-fitting fabric, the woman's buxom figure was apparent, making Aster blush. Silky white hair cascaded from her hood, framing an elegant, heart shaped face. Her skin was the same color as her hair, appearing almost porcelain, highlighting her luscious red lips and dark eyelashes. Aster was mesmerized by her beauty, forgetting for a moment the proper protocol in such a situation.

Collecting herself, Aster felt for any magic radiating from the woman, just as Demeter had taught her, relaxing when she couldn't sense any. Despite the woman's impressive figure, and Aster's tired state, the younger girl was confident that she could beat the woman in a physical fight as well, if needed. Years of wrestling farm hogs to the ground made Aster quite the formidable opponent.

Still, she figured it was best to stay safe.

"No. Just collecting some honeyseed." Aster began to take small, deliberate steps, feeling the ground for her staff.

"Oh, I was doing the same, myself." The woman took a step towards Aster, smiling sweetly. "Wonderful little treats, aren't they?"

Aster nodded hesitantly. She couldn't help her eyes from wandering towards the woman's breasts as they bounced beneath the fabric.

"I do hope you're headed home. It's not safe for such a pretty, pretty girl to be out here all alone after dark."

Aster felt her heart speed up and her cheeks grow hot.

"I- I can take care of myself."

"Oh, I'm sure you can." Another step forward. "You look like a strong girl."

Aster realized she had stopped moving, and quickly resumed her steps.

"Please, let me help you."

"I...I..."

The forest was getting dark. And Aster was certain she could overpower this woman if she needed to, whether by magic or by force. Plus, what could she even do? Aster would keep an eye on her.

"I'm...looking for my staff..."

The woman smiled warmly and began scanning the grassy forest floor. Aster stared nervously at her for a moment, searching for any hint of deception, before resuming her own search.

"I'm Caroline, by the way. What's your name?"

"...Aster..."

"Aster. What a pretty name. Like the flower?"

"...y- yeah..." Aster was surprised. Most people assumed it meant star, but her parents had chosen it because the purple hue of the flower was the same color as her hair.

"Found it!" Caroline said cheerfully. Aster looked up, her face lighting up as relief washed over her. She stood up and took a step towards Caroline's outstretched hand only to stumble forwards.

"Oh dear," Caroline cooed, catching Aster in her arms.

"I...I'm okay..." Aster said shamefully, lifting her head from Caroline's soft...soft...bosom. She took the staff from Caroline's hand and used to support her weight.

"I sure hope you didn't eat too many of those honeyseeds, they can make you awfully sleepy."

Aster could see Caroline eye the flower bed behind her, picked dry.

"No, I...I packed them up..." Aster displayed the bag on her hip.

"Oh, I see."

Aster steadied herself, planting her staff firmly into the ground. She just needed to figure out what direction to go. The town would show up eventually. She took a deep breath and concentrated all her magic into the staff.

Thud.

Aster opened her eyes. She was lying on the ground, her staff held loosely in her hand. Had she passed out? Was she really that tired? Where had Caroline gone?

Dimly, Aster realized her head was laying on something soft. She craned her neck up to see Caroline's face looking down at her, smiling sweetly.

"You passed out, pretty girl."

Aster shot up, panicked. Her head spun. "I...I should go."

"Of course. Let me help you up,"

Aster opened her mouth to refuse but before she could, Caroline's firm hands were wrapped around her, lifting her to her feet.

"Now let's get you home."

"I can...I can go on my own..." Aster stumbled forwards, landing once again on the comfortable pillow that was Caroline's breasts.

"Oh, you poor thing, let me help you. Where are you going?"

Aster felt a vague panic at the thought. She didn't feel so confident that she could beat Caroline in a fight anymore, magic or no magic. If she hurried, she could make it back in time.

But if Caroline meant to do something nefarious, why hadn't she done so already? Aster had fallen asleep, as Caroline had done no more than comfort her until she awoke.

No. She shouldn't. She couldn't.

But Caroline was so soft. So warm. So beautiful. Like Demeter.

"...Tooknock..." Aster mumbled, letting herself sink deeper into Caroline's embrace.

"Tooknock, why that isn't far at all. Come along."

Aster followed with a smile, letting herself be led along by the hand, her staff dangling loosely in the other. The forest was a blur of green in her vision, growing darker as the sun set. Farther and farther they walked, Aster's steps growing weaker and weaker until she was practically being dragged along.

The world came to an abrupt stop, making Aster lurch forwards. Was she home? With an excited smile, she looked up.

She didn't see the familiar shapes of inns and taverns surrounding her.

She didn't even see trees.

Before her, consuming her entire field of vision, was a sheer cliff, towering so tall she couldn't even see the top. She and Carolie stood before a crack in the cliff, not much wider than either of them, but just as tall as the cliff itself.

"Oh dear," Caroline cooed, "I seem to have led us astray."

Aster, sagging, looked up into Caroline's eyes with tired confusion. Had they always been red? A gentle caress on her head distracted her.

"Your hair looks so pretty in the moonlight. Sooo...shiny."

Aster couldn't stop a smile from crossing her face. Caroline's voice was so soft. Creeping into Aster's ears and soothing her. She felt something sharp tracing down her neck, sending a tingle down her spine.

"Your clothes are absolutely filthy."

"I was...trying to...follow...the path..."

"Oh, you poor thing, you'll catch a cold."

Aster nodded in agreement. Caroline was right. She was wet, and the small bit of warmth provided by the sun was gone now.

Snip.

The faint sound of a blade slicing though fabric echoed in Aster's ears as she felt her shirt slide over her shoulders and down her waist, leaving her in a simple bra. She watched as Caroline descended into her periphery and began to undo her belt, hearing it hit the forest floor with a clunk, followed not long after by her pants. A cool breeze caressed her bare skin, making her shiver.

Aster had received plenty of attention from both boys and men on the farm, but she never much cared for it. Never much cared for them. Men were so...rough. And dirty. And clunky. Aster thought maybe that was the way she was supposed to feel. Maybe you had relations with men, not because you wanted to, but because it was the right thing to do.

But then Demeter visited, stopping in for a glass of water and a bed for the night on her journey from Brightvale to the Inky Mountains, and suddenly everything was so clear to Aster. Demeter was soft. Demeter was gentle. Her skin was smooth, her body curved, and her face, hidden behind many years of travel, was tender and alluring. She spoke and acted with an elegance that conveyed a respect for others as well as herself. She was firm but delicate. Powerful but compassionate. Beautiful. She was everything a man wasn't.

When Demeter spoke to Aster, it felt different. Her voice, the voice of a woman, made aster feel warm inside in a way she had never experienced before. She was instantly and absolutely devoted to the older woman.

Aster longed for her attention in return. Although she was just as much a woman as Demeter, and less than 10 years separated them, Aster couldn't help but feel like Demeter only saw her as a child - naïve and incapable.

"Oh, my dear," Caroline took a step back, admiring Aster's swaying body, "you're absolutely stunning."

Aster smiled in satisfaction.

"Are you cold?"

"...y- yes..."

"Let me warm you up."

Caroline stepped forwards, wrapping her cloaked arms around Aster's nearly naked body, pulling her tight. Aster let her body slump against Carolines. Even through the fabric, its warmth comforted Aster.

"Mmm," Caroline moaned, "you have such a tight, young body."

Aster could feel Caroline's fingernails gliding up and down her back. No. Not fingernails. Something sharper than fingernails.

It felt absolutely splendid.

"I'm sure all the boys are just dying to eat you up."

"...no...not boys..." Aster mumbled into Carolines breasts.

"Oh? Do you like girls?"

Aster nodded. Her eyes were beginning to drift closed, unable to stay open in such a soft, warm embrace.

"Do you like...me?"

"...yesss...I l- like youuu..."

"What do you like about me, pretty girl?"

Aster shuddered as she felt the sharp points that had been so lovingly stroking her back graze the side of her body.

"...I l- l- like...the way...you m- make...me feel..."

The points began to caress Aster's ribs, tracing them.

"How do I make you feel?"

"...you...warmmm...soffft..." Aster took long, tired breaths between each word.

"Mmhmm," Caroline was whispering into Aster's ear now. "What else? Do I make you feel...aroused?"

The delicate points on Aster's ribs descended and disappeared, turning into a soft palm that gently caressed her butt through her underwear, threatening to slide between her legs. Caroline's other hand cradled Aster's head, stroking her hair.