All Comments on 'Spinal Meningitis is No Joke Ch. 04'

by LexxRuthless

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
HCMCnovelsHCMCnovelsalmost 6 years ago
Amazing

Another great chapter, I can’t wait for more.

HamsterHamsteralmost 6 years ago
Approaching a point of no return

I have been going along with this little party, but I'm near the the point where I can no longer suspend my disbelief. I mean, really, ALL the nurses, ALL the time? Time for our hero to get out of the hospital and start playing in more realistic circumstances...Mom, sister and sister's friend, for example!

C_frommnC_frommnalmost 6 years ago
Nice

Continuation. it's nice to see the Nurses are still enjoying him with No Jealousy. Now about Mom will she want some of her boy's toy?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Sex, sex, sex

I usually get more into the emotional journey of a story and gloss right over the sex. With Josh and the ladies, I'm enjoying every word.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Comaahh!

Hilarious!

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 3 years ago
The little bits of story are good...

... the sex is freaking amazing!

Wildwood55Wildwood55almost 3 years ago

I'm beginning to suspect Mom's going to have a big disappointment over her 'baby boy' coming home from the hospital; me thinks Josh will be moving in with three nurses. He is 18, after all.

I sure as hell would, but then I was only two months post 16, when I convinced my mom the best thing she could do would be to move in with the guy she was seeing, and I'd be fine on my own.

The house was paid for, she agreed to pay utilities; I was head cook at a fast food, and was repairing cars at both my shop, at my house, and when ever I needed some extra money, or my uncle got swamped, I'd go work at his shop. I'd started learning to fix cars with him at 12, when I'd go over to the shop when my single mom was working, because her sister, my aunt, worked at the shop as well, running the office, and doing the books.

i was a car fanatic from a very young age; I was building model cars, and the only kid I knew who had his own 'junk yard' of model car parts. The local hobby shop where I bought models had a problem with kids getting into models and stealing some pieces. I'd help out around the hobby shop, and the owner would give me the models he couldn't sell cause of missing parts, for helping him.

If I would have had someone to take pictures of the models I built, they would have easily made the model car magazines. I wired the engines, detailed the suspension with real springs.

One of my uncle's accounts was the local telephone company; their truck depot was in the same building as his shop, so he repaired their trucks, and vans. I was about 8-9 years old, and one of the installers was the father of a friend. I was talking to him, and saw this 2-3 foot long chunk of 'trunk line' laying in the van. It was well over an inch in diameter, and had a bazillion little solid copper wires in it, everyone a different color.

I was staring at it, thinking about all the different colors, and how they would make perfect cables for batteries, fan belt, exhaust headers, instead of stock exhaust, and coil springs for the suspensions. He saw me, and asked me what was so imteresting, I went off on a non-stop spiel about all the things I could use the different colors for, in one big breath, as excited kids will due.

He made my life in model car building, when he said, take, it'll just go in the garbage, anyway. Then said, how about small wire? And he showed my some even smaller wire they used in commercial phone systems in offices.

By about 10-11, I was buying Hot Rod and Car Craft magazines, finding real cars I likes, and then building model replicas of them. By the time my uncle started explaining cars to me, and having me help him gaps plugs, paint parts he rebuilt, I already new what most of them were from building models.

Fifty plus years later, I'm still just as into cars. I have two cars I bought, not knowing how rare they are; less than a 1000 made. One was bought as a project car, to fix up and sell. Then I discovered I was only the second owner, and how rare it was.

The other I bought for the sole reason it was only $200, and had a brand new set of tires on it. I had just bought my first house, and it had belonged to my neighbor across the street, who passed away. His son had $2,200 on it one morning, as I left my house.

I came back at noon, and saw the sign had the $2, ripped off the handpainted sign, (he owned a sign painting biz). I said, Really? 200? How come?

He told me the first person who came to look at it, took it out for a drive with him, and as they went around a corner, it died, and the power steering stopped working, and it scared the crap out of both of them. Then, it started right back up. Then did it, again. And started right back up.

Not wanting to develop a bad relationship with a new neighbor, I told him I'd been working on cars since I was a kid, and had even spent some time working at a GM dealership when the car was a new model. I new I could fix it, what ever the problem was. I didn't want to buy this nice used car, then have him get pissed when I fixed it. He told me not to worry. He didn't know squat about fixing cars, and with it being electrical, he'd spend a ton getting it fixed.

I had it for about two weeks before I had a chance to do anything to it; didn't even drive it. I was checking levels: brake fluid, trans fluid, stuff like that, and just getting familiar with it. It is an '89 Olds 88, one of GM's early forays into front wheel drive, and was quite different under the hoods, than the fear wheel drive cars.

Something I learned when the battery manufacturers first came out with 'maintenance free' batteries, was it was marketing wank, and a big consumer ripoff. Batteries before that had easily removable caps, and the acid levels needed to be check, as charging them causes the water to evaporate from the liquid acid. Part of servicing cars wss to check battery levels.

Well, 'maintenance free' batteries are no different, they just have difficult to remove caps. The advent of alternators rather than generators, and better voltage regulators made charging voltages more precise, and water didn't evap as quickly. By the time a 'maintenance free' battery goes bad from being too low on fluid, it's long enough most people just figure it's time for a new battery. What bullshit. Pry the damn caps off your batteries, and top them off with distilled water, if they're low. Batteries should last 10-15 years if you live in temperate climates. Cold ass winters kill batteries.

So, I pried the caps off the Olds' battery, and noticed one hole was very low. I then realized it was right in line with the side mount battery cable, (another consumer ripoff, from GM; they are notorious for killing battery cables). I also noticed the acid level was equal with bolt holding the positive cable on the battery.

I pulled the bolt, and there was a tiny crack in the battery, allowing acid to leak, and go right into the battery cable. Someone had replaced the bolt, which was another problem with side mount batteries, the cable attachment design was shit, the acid ate the bolts up, and their reduced head sizes were always stripping.

Plus GM had went to metric fasteners in the mid '80's, (sorta, what they did was use the same fasteners for several years, but just converted the sizes to metric, which also made them oddball metric sizes) Someone had put a non-metric bolt in the battery cables, and it was maybe 1/16" too long; just enough to crack the battery.

GM had changed from the single battery cable from the battery to the starter, which they had used since the '40's, to two battery cables, with the FWD cars, in the '80's. One cable went to the starter,, and another went to everything else.

The starter cable was fine, the everything else cable was eaten up from leaking acid. Going around a corner was enough centrifugal force, the cable would flex, and disconnect 'everything else', and the car's ignition would die. But it would start right back up cause the starter cable was good. Eventually, the problem would have become obvious, when the cable became completely eaten up by the acid.

I stuck a new, top mount battery in the car, put new top mount cables on it, and fixed the problem.

It was about 5-6 years later, when I discovered the story behind the car. My neighbor's dad had been friends with 2-3 guys who were into cars like I am. One of them used to race a funny car dragster, had retired from racing, and opened a shop in town.

When the dad wanted to buy a new car in '89, he asked them for advice. The old drag racer had been sponsored by GM back when they did that kind of stuff, and had connections with GM. They special order all kinds of the best suspension add-ons, luxury interior, and everything they could find to make this car the best performer, and most luxurious it could be. There were only 938 made with this combination of parts.

The same year, GM had gotten back into NASCAR sponsorship, and had built a special Buick LeSabre as a Nascar tribute car. They are highly collectible, and sell for big dollars when restored. These LeSabres are the exact same car as my Olds, but with a different body. Like a Mustang vs a Cougar, or a Chev PU, and a GMC PU.

The Nascar tribute cars don't have the same high performance parts my Olds came with. LOL I found a forum dedicated to the LeSabres, and the members started telling me all the parts I should get to 'update/improve' the car, when I decided to restore it.

The nest example was they all said get the '93-'96 front anti-sway bar from a Bonneville, because it was 44mm diameter, and better than the 40mm the cars came with. I went and measured mine. it was 48mm. I went back to the forum, and with tongue in cheek, said Why would I want to put a smaller anti-sway bar on my Olds. They went nuts trying to figure out how this happened, and where to find the bigger bar...

The car is under a cover, completely restored, and is worth about $45,000-50,000, today. My $200 impulse buy in 1998, cause it had new tires. LOL

Check the water in your car batteries, save yourself some money on battery replacements, and help the environment, at the same time. I have some 20 year old batteries in a couple of my older trucks. I take them out, and keep them warm in the winter.

Hope this helps someone.

WeezyfWeezyfover 2 years ago

"I had given up, Joshua. I never thought I would bring my baby boy home from this hospital." Damn she just gave up? And their child is in coma and they go install a pool? Also whatsup with this kid? Cant remember a name? Doesnt know what his dad does for work? Etc..

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Time to have 3 nurse girlfriends!!!

auhunter04auhunter04almost 2 years ago

at this stage it has become boring

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good writing but I'm definitely not into anal

blackknight314blackknight3147 months ago

Good job, thanks for sharing your work!

Odess83Odess834 months ago

Без обид, но а Америке принято целовать родителей в губы? Я без шуток и прочего. В некоторых странах это действительно норма

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLexxRuthless@LexxRuthless
8738 Followers
May 16, 2022: Hey. Sorry, folks, I have not written anything new in quite a while now. I've obviously got a lot of series in progress, languishing, and I have another dozen stories in various states of completion. I am an amateur, part-time author, and never expected to spe...