All Comments on 'Spirit of Agony'

by Spencerfiction

Sort by:
  • 122 Comments
26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

As thick as.your accent old boy, but damn me if I didn't enjoy it. Let's hear it for the old pensioner, who is still doing his thing. What has the old bag been doing these past ten years, or should we say who?

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaalmost 4 years ago
Hated it...

The story was just ok. The author made this guy into a big wimp. His ex-wife comes for a visit and stays? Bullshit, kick her ass out, tell her she has to go. I hate the fact that she cheated and basically won. He moved away for 10 years to be left alone with his broken heart. She felt she needed him since she couldn't have that young stuff anymore so she goes to live with her ex husband. Just so sorry a state of affairs. A lucky 1 star vote.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I gave up on page 1. NEEDS serious editing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Disgusting

Disgusting story telling ever

lujon2019lujon2019almost 4 years ago

Cucks get one star

management91399management91399almost 4 years ago

Great fun! First time I read your stuff, very enjoyable. I kept imagining Harry as one of the cranky old Muppet men who mock the show from the box seats. Imagining the sex was difficult, what made this soar was the inner dialog and real dialog of Harry who let it all hang out. Kind of made me want to buy a jar of honey. ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
What a sad tale

I must admit that this is one of the saddest tales I have read. It seems so easy for a women to ruin a perceived happy marriage. If women can so easily have sex with another man then no wonder so many marriages fail. A man can only have sex if a women is willing and in this case even though she denies it, she must have had feelings for her lover for it to carry on daily for 18 months.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 4 years ago
One star and that’s being generous!

At 75, he’s more likely to be pissed over the poor grammar than the fact his wife is cheating on him! In fact, I can’t believe neither of them are senile or have dementia! Seriously, this was one of the worst stories I’ve read.

Go take a flying leap at a rolling doughnut!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 4 years ago

Give them an inch (25.4 mm) and they'll take a mile (1.6 km).

5

ju8streadingju8streadingalmost 4 years ago

i'd still get dna on kids

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 4 years ago

Well that was depressing.

She destroyed the guy, turning him into a hermit for 10 years. Then he just forgives the slutty ex-wife for breaking his heart with her two year affair? Why? What did she do to earn forgiveness?

What I don't understand is why he just ran away and lived in a hovel? He must have been worth millions and he just gave all the marital assets to the whore? It's hard to feel sympathy for the Protagonist when he acts like such a pathetic martyr.

hindsight2020hindsight2020almost 4 years ago

Really made no sense.

ranec1ranec1almost 4 years ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

There’s a reason that “like watching old people fuck” is a euphemism for something being really boring. Reading about it... even more so.

pkmapkmaalmost 4 years ago
Great fun, thank you!

Now I have to up my mileage to 10k and find someone interested in a roll in the hay.

A strong 5*****

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 4 years ago
Sorry

She cheated for a very long time, allowed his children to blame him for the breakup for ten years plus, and then he takes her back? I don't buy it unless he is suffering from dementia in his advanced age.

She doesn't even really show any remorse, mostly just continuing to claim it was sex and not love.

Due to that I consider it a forced RAAC, which will always be a one star from me.

MwestohioMwestohioalmost 4 years ago

Didn't feeling should be a RAAC. 300 times

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I kinda sorta enjoyed it...

I don't like RAAC stories, especially when she cheated on purpose and there was really no reason given for them getting back together. The story kinda meandered, but was an interesting read, but the ending was really abrupt and never explained why he let her stay. Then there is also the fact that he still never had a meeting with any of his children to see if there was any kind of reconciliation with them. 3*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

Bah, I couldn't even get through one page. Might have soldiered on if two or three pages, but not for five.

Small point - why the need to mention that the seats were together? In probably 99% of cases, maybe more, if you buy season tickets to something, they're, all together.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Lit app version is truncated

The Lit app version of this story is truncated just before the end of the prologue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Great...a geriatric cuck-out

Obviously a fine writer who can create interesting characters, but the RAAC plot was the same as so many other but for the fact that they were geezers.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 4 years ago

Grumpy old man! But I suppose eighteen months at four to five times per week will do that to you. Time heals all wounds.... or is it wounds all heels? In Harry’s case it’s a little of both. The pain has abated but the bitterness has gone septic. I want to be sympathetic to Gina, but it’s hard. In the end, I guess forgiving and accepting that she’s a good person who behaved badly Is more palatable than a cold, lonely spartan existence waiting for the grim reaper. Well written and thoughtful story. A treat to read. Thank you.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 4 years ago
What about his kids?

They treated him badly for years because of her. Now that she has moved in with him have they even visited? They should leave everything to science rather than the family. She hasn’t shown true remorse. He should have an affair of his own so she can understand the pain she caused. Need to do that soon, running out of time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Boring Mess

Beginning had promise, but by the time I got to the bottom of Page 1, was already bored, far too long and drawn out, could see no reason why he would take her back unless he was suffering with dementia, poor story

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 4 years ago

I knew he was a top chap from the moment I saw he was a Villa fan!

It was a nice romance. He knew why their marriage had died. And she did, too, but pretended to herself that she didn't.

A nice romantic story. I'm pleased they got back together.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Typical British cuck story

Do any of you brits actually have testicals?

UncleGrahamUncleGrahamalmost 4 years ago
So sad, but still worth five stars.

In his position I would have left all over again, even if I still loved her.

DearfieldDearfieldalmost 4 years ago
Not quite a four stars

I must admit I have trouble with English writers and following the story but I stayed with it. I enjoyed it, I am Harry and nobody should die alone,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

The part where his children never see him again troubled me. I kept wondering if he was just going to swim out into the canal or something...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Well, . . . Not for me

Let me explain. I am a romantic at heart and enjoy a good Reunition story. That said, this, was not that. She was not penitent really. Her version was I was just having fun, really you should have gotten over it. He ratted her out and she lost control company, but she was still loaded and kept the kids. Waaah! She was retirement age anyway! Nothing was required for her to win him back and to earn back his trust and love.

Your hero was neither likable, nor admirable. Yes, he turned her in, but just walked away and conceded his kids and grandkids. He just gave up! When she shows up, he give up again and let's her do whatever she wants.

On the technical side, it was hard for to read. Literally, I had work hard to follow the story. You really need an editor. You know things happened because, you wrote the story, but tell the story assuming we know things that happened that you mention in passing without any context for the reader. Ex-wives popping up and I am trying to figure out which ex-wife you mean after 10 years separated for example.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Darn it, I usually like BTB stories but this one works out the right way

I usually favor BTB scenarios but this story just makes sense. 10 years is long enough to punish oneself and be a hermit. If it took the cheating Ex to bring him back to life then it makes sense and feels right

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 4 years ago
A tremendous story!

An elderly man finds out that his eleven-years-younger wife has a side guy, and he just up and leaves, tells almost no one where he's going, doesn't even take his money, and cuts himself off completely from his family. He dropped his natural son and his adopted son completely, and threatened to do the same to his natural daughter if she gave him any information at all about either of his ex-wives. As he said on page one, he 'lived the life of a bitter recluse.'

'This hovel is my hermitage, my monastic cell of celibacy away from the sexual avarice of womankind,' he said, showing that, for harry, no woman could ever be trusted, anywhere, at any time. He allowed his bitterness at Gina's affair -- the extent of which he did not know -- to forever poison his mind, to cut himself off from almost all human contact.

And bitter he was: he didn't even know the names of his neighbors, and he had no friends. For 9½ years, he shut himself away from everyone and everything.

Then his not-so-ex-wife shows up again, out of the blue, and what does he do? He spend the next three pages of the story expressing his bitterness and bile, putting down Gina in every way he can think, He fucks her, but that's all he does, until he simply allows inertia to take its course.

At what point does hatred stop? MrHappy4aa wrote, ' I hate the fact that she cheated and basically won,' as though marriage is a zero-sum, winner vs loser game. Mr Sworder asked, 'What did she do to earn forgiveness?' Forgiveness is a gift given, not something that can be earned.

But, even in the end, Harry cannot admit that he loves his wife; because to do that would mean admitting that he wasted 9½ years being an idiot.

Maybe some relationships cannot be reconciled; the divorce rate would seem to indicate that, though I think much of it is because so many people just don't try hard enough to save things. Harry, by walking out as soon as he found out about Gina's affair, simply torpedoed her career and left, not trying anything at all to save his marriage. Gina did all of the work in this one, simply by refusing to leave, while harry would have somehow thought that he'd won if his meanness had been enough to force her to leave.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The Best tale on Literotica

Any tale that mentions Catweazel gets my 5 stars. I love curmudgeons and this was great.....ok I’ve had 18 beers but I plan to read this tomorrow to see if I still love it... hope you’ve written other stuff cos this was great.... congrats from the antipodes!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I liked the story and gave you 5 stars

Its not perfect but it was witty. It may have got a better reception if you posted it in non-erotic. I enjoyed Harry's internal voice and the dialogue with his wife. It is unfair to attack this as a cuck story it is more a BTB story. Once he learned of the affair, he dropped her like a hot rock and destroyed what he perceived that she loved most: her job.

While turning himself into a busy hermit, he punished himself and his family the most. While he turned his anger into energy to work on all of his private projects, he was not happy. It is hard to believe that when he brought down her job he didn't go after the money that would be his with a divorce. Why would he worry about not drawing his full pension to avoid taxes? He really didn't want to leave anything to what he perceived to be his ungrateful children. Why did he punish his daughter? He exiled himself and wouldn't even bother to open his daughter's letters. I liked that he took up running to burn off his anger in a healthy way but 10 years of solitary confinement is a tough punishment for a man in his seventies.

Gina is an interesting character. It is hard to imagine a faithful spouse of 28 years starting to have a sexual affair with an employee when she is in her sixties. I also question Harry's belief that he was in a great marriage before he discovered the affair. He complains to Gina that she was gone from 6 AM to 9 PM every work day while she was having sex in the office. Harry's solitary existence from her started before he took off. I didn't find it likely that Harry would allow Gina to take over his cottage. Clearly he missed her but he also learned to live without her. Why did she suddenly show up after 10 years? She could have gotten his address from their daughter but it seems she didn't try. The shock of losing her job and husband at the same time should have motivated her to try to reconcile earlier.

As I said, I liked the story. Most of my favorites are about 3 pages long. This one started slowly but I was happy to see that it was 5 pages of interesting stuff. I'd welcome Gina's side of the story. She didn't really come across as appropriately repentant and didn't seem to understand what she had done to Harry. She should have known better after going through a divorce because of her spouse's adultery. She knew Harry was faithful and alone while she was cheating on him.

reasonable man

cabbage01132cabbage01132almost 4 years ago
brilliant 5*

Doubt the merkans will understand most of it, funny and sad tale, five stars.

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 4 years ago

What brilliant use of our language and an excellent vocabulary as well. I am looking forward to reading more of your work. Five stars hands down.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Yes, but.

Quite ridiculous, but fun. Just wish I was as virile, but PED and dicky heart say no. Pity he was a Villa supporter.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989almost 4 years ago
Too Chatty

Didn't care for all the chit chat. Not a lot of meat in the story. I did learn new ways to say asshole and shit.

jaythemanjaythemanalmost 4 years ago
Almost

I almost understand letting her live there at his age. I might do the same just to make cutting comments about her.

AbctoyAbctoyalmost 4 years ago
Good read.

Enjoyable read. BTB is less likely seeing that it had been 10's of being a hermit and soothing his reentry. Critics be damned, good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Sneaky Good

Despite the churlish comments, this is actually a fine bittersweet work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Gold

“...like the equivalent of a Red Cross pussy parcel to some poor unloved refugee“

lmao

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 4 years ago
Amusing

Then sad. Congratulations on writing the oldest cuck story ever.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 4 years ago
Hilarious!

Love this guy's sardonic comments and conversations and stream of consciousness. Put a bit smile on my face. Reminds me of the S&G hit, "I am a Rock."

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdalmost 4 years ago
Would Be a Nice Story for a College Essay Assignment

But not really an entertaining tale at all. Just much rambling and unexplored motivations. Seems well written though.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 4 years ago
Let Me Get This Straight

She cheats on him for at least 18 months. The whole time lying to him and disrespecting him, she works from 6am til 9pm and has no time for him. He finds out and leaves her. Her and his children don't bother to try to find him for 10 years and he just lets her walk back into his life?? Not in my life. Her lover would have gotten very familiar with a good old hickory axe handle before I disappeared.

That said you tell a good tale just not my cup of tea.

COYSCOYSalmost 4 years ago
Good Stuff

Some really funny lines. It was a little wordy and sometimes hard to follow, but I still liked it. Wouldn’t have taken her back, but then I’m not 84. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
A geriatric RAAC story?

I won't grade this because I wasn't a fan of the overall topic. It doesn't mean I should score your writing poorly for that. I was like looking a car accident. You shouldn't stare, but you can't turn away. :0/

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wonderful Story

Great story! I'm old and can relate to it! I enjoyed every word.

Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Guess its a British thing?

Was the husband what is called a Wanker? He was so morose and boring and tedious that I wondered the wife hadn't been fucking a real man for more than 18 months. Of course the dumb shit never got the DNA tests, so he'll never know. But who cares?

If she had never returned he wouldn't have cared less. He took what she doled out while they were married, and he's still taking whatever mercy relationship she finds time to fling his way. What a poltroon.

The whole plot fails when you think she could have located him any time using her resources, as could their children. His first instincts about her and them were correct. He's a loser and they just keep handing him loss after loss. He really thinks she's off doing Bingo but somehow needs to withhold that from him?

The only thing weaker than the plot is this example of British husbandry. I pity all English wives, who haven't yet found a man to fulfill their needs.

Thanks for the effort.

OnegoodeyeOnegoodeyealmost 4 years ago
Ha haha

Brilliant so funny we'll done

BaggyUKBaggyUKalmost 4 years ago
Seems some commentators are on Bernie's pot

That was a fun ride, very tongue in cheek and yes a little sad in places too. I can only imagine it's the US readers complaining about accents and grammar as they struggle with the English language in it's proper sense. Countries divided by a common language. .. There is nothing remotely cuckolding about two very old people who used to be married spending their last years in company. I'm usually more btb than any reconciliation but I imagine if he'd turned her into chopped liver and butchered her children there would be less complaints here. Good story and thanks for your work. PS. Wolves fan so look out on Saturday.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
laughfest

I haven't laughed so much in ages. A few minor grammatical mistakes, but who the hell cares! Humor like yours is worth its weight in gold (tried to think of something else since gold did not seem appropriate, but nothing came to mind!). Congratulations.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I read this this morning (almost didn't when I saw 5 pages) and was in a quandary, I liked but I didn't. I felt like it just meandered all over the place and then went off into left field. After walking away I realized that the story was being written (or should I say told) by a 80+ year old man, so of course it would be all over the place. Now looking at it with fresh eyes I'm ready to rate it and I give it a five.

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 4 years ago
Very Entertaining 5*

Quite good piece of work and loved the reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I

Should have showed her the door the first day and not allowed her to stay. She was just a cheating bitch and should have been treated as such.

Pappy7Pappy7almost 4 years ago
One of the better ones of

yours that I have read. Like the humor and the flow of the dialogue. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

pappy

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
GENERICS REMINISCE ABOUT WHAT WAS AND WHAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE

throughout trying to recall why. TK U MLJ LV NV

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 4 years ago
Strains credibility

It is very difficult to believe he would take her back after such egregious betrayal over such an extended period and without any sign of genuine contrition. Ashamed? I think not.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Even though the end was obvious...

you skipped the very real change that needed to occur. Sure, it was fun to write all those insults, so what? It’s very lazy writing to omit the character development necessary for reconciliation. That she won him over by attrition is unsupported and makes his earlier treatment of her a waste of the reader’s time, sorry to say.

I dislike the whole RAAC thing for just this reason. Rarely does the emotional weight of the return come close to mitigating the pain of the betrayal. It never feels earned or even remotely possible in a world where actual emotions, not punchlines, exist.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 4 years ago
Very good.

Not excellent, because the reconciliation was forced.

Her words of love were cheap.

Working long hours and cheating,

didn't include much love for her husband.

What if she hadn't lost her job and lover?

Would she have missed her husband?

Apart from all of that,

this was a great story.

Filled with delicious humor.

I totally agree with our guy's counting of cats.

It's one, two, thirty, forty, fifty.

It's as simple as that.

Even with the RAAC, I give this story top ratings.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Fun story

The humor made me smile and chuckle. The incorrigible old coot was hilarious. All the insults and descriptive diatribes-- very entertaining! I liked the determined ex, not easily put off, seeing right through his wall of self-defense and remaining undeterred. It was interesting to watch her transition from a lady of leisure, adapting to a rustic lifestyle. Says alot about her intelligence, innate perceptiveness, and ability to adapt. Real or not real? Who cares! It was a fun story that held my interest all the way through. Besides, all the horticulture information, if authentic, really helped flesh out the story. Wish there were more intelligently written stories like yours on this site.

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 4 years ago
Speaking of Fantasy...

Unassisted erections at 84. Sure! The whole thing isn't fantasy; it's impossible, wishful thinking. And the characters aren't even likable. I gave it a 4* because it did have a fun component that made it readable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
thank you

My grandfather passed at 89 so this was a very funny to read story. Thank you for sharing it with us untalented ones. I laughed my ass off.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Nice 4*

Really well done- I enjoyed that. Some parts strain credibility, but the quality of the story & humor allowed me to overlook.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I want to think more highly of this.

But you really got off to a bad start. You took too much for granted on our part. Far too clever by more than half.

You know who the children are and by whom; I got the impression you thought things were self-evident. Complexity is fine, when you make it worth the reader’s while. That didn’t come across.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 4 years ago
Anony wrote:

"Should have showed her the door the first day and not allowed her to stay. She was just a cheating bitch and should have been treated as such."

And so he would what, spend the rest of his years as a recluse, not even knowing the names of his neighbors? Why would anyone think that would have been a better outcome for Harry?

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 4 years ago
What to say?

I read it in three sittings so I missed some connections. The story lacked drama, emotion, and action. Other than that, I enjoyed it. It was full of details that added interest. Good enough to get a 5 From me

Chilley

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
HA, HA, HA...

You folks are mistaken about this story.

For Spencerfiction it at least has an ending. So is pretty good.

Some of the other LW he wrote are real cow patties :O💩.

HA,Ha,ha,ha......

AMerryman

dc64dc64almost 4 years ago
Brilliant

Full of humour and perhaps too subtle for readers !!

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7almost 4 years ago
Bizarre, funny, clever

My first SpencerFiction story.

It was bizarre, funny, and clever.

I was a bit confused at the beginning by the two wives (ex-wives?) and the different children of the different wives.

It didn't help that he purposely called his second wife by his first wife's name to annoy her.

But I eventually figured it out.

In the constructive criticism department, his insults were a bit repetitive and over the top, but I think they were supposed to be.

Reconciliation and another chance (RAAC) stories are tricky. To work the reconciliation has to be earned, and I think it is fair to say he made her earn it.

Not perfect, but I was entertained.

Steve

KingBandorKingBandoralmost 4 years ago

I am sorry but I don't have a lot of positive on this one. Let me get that out first. Creative and well worded.

I cannot relate to a story featuring characters well beyond the average life expectancy of humans who do thing in their 80s I can't do in my 50s.

Also, they were Ancient at the beginning. Aging them another 10 years just makes the whe thing unbelievable. 85 year old men running 10K daily. Seriously?

The age of Gina seemed to bounce around. Wasn't she mid 60s when she started cheating 12 years earlier? now in bed she's 64? She was also described as 10 years his junior and mid 70s...so that was confusing.

So much of the story was confusing and hard to follow due to the lack of any real explanation. I couldn't keep his relationships and kids straight.

The age of her lover was also confusing and seemed to vary. Was he 50s or 40s when they started their affair?? had newborns...

Geriatric pon is just not my thing.

KB

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Age of characters...

The age of the characters was fun. The amount of energy that 80 yr old has was incredible, between bee keeping furniture restorer, and weaver, plus running 10 kms a day. Enough for any person, in their teens or any age to be in awe of. Ok, he was man enough for superman, but when he asks a pertinent question about this woman, she runs and hides, and there is no follow up. That is not an answer, its a evasion. If the wife doesn't answer, it also shows the author won't answer. Sure he brought up a glaring detail, but avoids it like a little girl, why? It doesn't resolve a issue by ignoring it. Its frustrating. So I ask the author how I should rate it, great in many regards, but leaves me frustrated with ignored details of plot points.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 4 years ago

This is brilliant, when they make it into a movie please cast Sir Anthony Hopkins as Harry. As I was reading this I read it I used Hopkins voice/mannerisms in my head and it really brought out the quality of the humor. The writing is superb - I was splitting a gut while wiping my eyes reading this one. This story could easily be converted into an adult stage play but not a Hallmark moment a little to risque'.

*

However, I can see most of the LW readers not getting it - this one is too high brow for most readers here.

*

This one was so good, damn good. +6*, Hooyah, salute! Worth a 2nd, 3rd, 4th reread!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

He should have snuck out the front door and gone for a long holiday the moment he saw her on the bridal path. After locking up the house first of course. Poor bugger couldn't even be left alone in his eighties. Perhaps a few days in the cold on his doorstep, waiting for him to not return would let her know to stay away.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionalmost 4 years agoAuthor
Lots of comments about the age of sexual activity

I mean, all the way through one of the important threads was the honey and jam and the presence of pot plants grown by Junkie Joe, even after it turns out "Joe" is a medicinal research professor and to the GM nature of the plants being grown on site. And no one even mentions these important plot points.

I even point out the honeys harvested after the pot plants have flowered and when that honey is used to make jam (or "jelly" US), Harry looks out a couple of jars for the Prof from his store and later narrates how he was rationing the amount of jam on Gina's toast from the relevant GM affected batches of honey to keep their libidos on an even keel.

Please try and read these stories before you comment. Don’t worry if your lips move as you read, there's no one watching.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Very amusing

Bastard got a better sex life than me lol

Very good story and unusual ages for LW and tbh a bit of fun, well told.

JJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
18 MONTHS OF DISRESPECT.........

Is not something to be forgiven. Ever.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
You Villain You

Well Villa, just may stay up this year. Just as H has.

Bloody funny story with a mountain of imagination, thank you.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Load

Load of crap,after ten years of peace there is no way he would have let her stay.

arincharinchalmost 4 years ago
Pretty Depressing Stuff

A man who can't get any consideration from a cheating wife. Ugh!

A_BierceA_Bierceover 3 years ago

What a joy!

It's always a hoot to swan off with a premier storyteller.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not for me

Im sorry but this dragged on and felt like nothing was settled. 10 yeats and she just walts back into her life, hardly discuss what she did. What was rhe point of this?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

You need to learn to say what you need with far less words. You need to work with someone.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyabout 3 years ago

I gave 5 stars just for the number of different monikers for anal sex. That part was hilarious I’ll never look at the Cadbury bunny the same. Hawaaahawwa

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Amusing Perhaps

Gina came across as a cold, selfish bitch. It was all about her and what she wanted, even to the desire to spend the rest of her life with Harry.

Harry's indifference to Gina's manipulation, even to the extent of allowing her full occupation of his cottage, was just plain capitulation. Where did the anger go? 18 months of unrepentant whoring by Gina, was just ignored? Pathetic!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

WELL BOTH are to old for anybody to give a shit, she a whore and he's a little wimp . nothing good here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What penalty did Gina ever truly pay for her 18 months of infidelity? She deserves another chapter to slap her down a few pegs.

Cito22Cito22almost 3 years ago

The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is I don't understand why the children isolated him and the wife definitely did not pay a high a price as she should have

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 3 years ago

Awful, I mean REALLY terrible. Who cares about the pot honey? She cheated 300 times and you think ANY reader thinks he should take her back because he is old? Completely disgusting. No remorse, not explanation of the children's indifference, no explanation of why he would invite her to drop by? If you can't do a lot better than this you should rethink your choice of editors.....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It's like you wrote this just to piss me off

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Funny how a lot of the commenters totally missed the humour in this , it’s brilliantly tongue in cheek, great job,, 5 ⭐️.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

3. It was enjoyable but between her cheating enough times to hold off a persian army and his kids abandoning him I felt the reconciliation ending didn't work. She didn't really work towards reconciling with him, she bullied her way back into his life, little remorse, no explanation as to why the family seemed to have abandoned him as well.

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

300 times? No way, just no way. Absolutely no explanation about the children, grandchildren or great grandchildren....

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

A thoroughly enjoyable read. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a weak willed idiot, she fucked around on him for 18 months and she just shows up and takes over his life again. So disappointing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A very good example of drool humor. Being in my 80's and a two times divorced man that is somewhat reclusive i enjoyed the various similarities with the MC.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapteralmost 2 years ago

Yes it was humorous enough, but it was also a bit disturbing. No matter how you slice it she was a bitch and after ten years free of her he might really have been better off telling her to go back to his awful children and let him die in whatever peace he could find. It could have been a really good funny story but for the pathos of a vicious brood of ungrateful uncaring offspring led by a selfish slut of an ex wife.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSpencerfiction@Spencerfiction
An old printer, typesetter, proofreader, local politician and activist. I write for pleasure only, an untrained writer too set in his ways to change or learn. I have courted and been wedded to the same impossible angel for over four decades, so I am an unremitted romantic. If ...