Spirits in the Material World Pt. 08

Story Info
Alan's Interviews and a Surprise for Maggie.
12.6k words
4.83
4.8k
13
2

Part 8 of the 17 part series

Updated 06/12/2023
Created 12/16/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Spirits in the Material World, Part 8 by storyteller0112

All persons are over the age of 18, and all characters and locations are totally fictional.

Thank you to all who read these, and especially to those who provide feedback via comments. The payoff I receive is from your comments. Yes, the star ratings are nice, but the comments feed my soul.

========

Wednesday:

Alan's alarm clock rolled from 5:59 to 6:00, and the radio came to life. "Good Day, Sunshine" by the Beatles woke Alan, and the happy song put a smile on his face. It was entirely apropos, as the sun was indeed shining in his window and the sky was a proper North Carolina Tar Heels blue. You just had to hand it to the DJs for playing wonderful wake-up music at 6:00 am. He reached for his phone, checking for messages, but there were no new messages. "Ha! Up before Rose," he thought and composed his opening missive.

Alan: *Good morning, beautiful! So looking forward to Friday night!*

He then got up and headed to his bathroom for his S3 ritual to get his day going. By the time he emerged, there was a reply waiting.

Rose: *Good morning, handsome! Chin up, shoulders back, and git 'er done!*

"Git 'er done, indeed," he repeated aloud. Alan dressed (Docker's and a dress shirt, no tie, socks and loafers), straightened out the sheets and blanket on his bed, and headed for the kitchen and the all-important coffee maker. "It will be really nice to have Rose and Maggie here for the weekend," he mused. He made some toast with butter while waiting for the coffee to brew. "I really ought to get a coffee maker with a clock so I can set it up the night before," he thought. But then he recalled that this one was the last kitchen appliance Laura had bought, and he began to lapse into melancholy. He could not part with it on his own. It would seem to be disrespectful to Laura's memory.

When the brew cycle had completed, he poured a mug, sat at the kitchen table, ate his toast, and drank the coffee. His life had been turned upside down, some of it by the actions of others, some of it as consequences of his own actions. He could not control the actions of others, only his own, and he was responsible for his reactions. Some of these changes were good. The introduction of the Lawson family into his life he counted as good. The issue(s) with Maria he did not count as good, but he might be able to count employment alternatives in the good column. He wasn't set, yet, on leaving his employer, but once he did, he would never even consider accepting a counteroffer. Clearing his head, Alan filled his go-cup with coffee, turned off all the lights and the coffee maker, and headed off to work.

= = =

Rose had thought to take the morning off from texting Alan, so she got up and got into her shower. She did take time to imagine it was Alan's hands on her breasts, rubbing down her tummy to her slit, caressing her clitoris. It was a light but pleasurable orgasm for Rose. She marveled at the changes in her life in the last week. And she counted them all as good, especially the adult time she had spent with Alan. She was realizing that Alan satisfied a missing part in her life, a part she had been pretty much ignoring. Well, she wasn't ignoring it any longer. When she emerged from her bathroom, her phone was flashing with Alan's message. So much for taking the morning off from texting him.

She appreciated his texting her and responded with one of encouragement. His work life had become difficult this week, and the message was all she could do for him from this far away. She dressed and on her way to the kitchen, she rapped on Maggie's bedroom door.

"Maggie! You need to get up and going, please!" Rose did not stop to listen but headed on to the kitchen to get the coffee going. But the coffee was already made. Then Maggie stepped out of her room attired in a nice blouse and skirt combination, not her usual jeans and sweatshirt. Rose gave Maggie a puzzled look.

"Why are you dressed like that for school, dear?" Rose asked.

"Because it makes me feel pretty. Normally I don't care, but David has been very persistent in telling me how beautiful I am and I suppose they are sinking in. I thought today I'd show it a little."

"As good a reason as any, I think," Rose responded. "Please be ready at 3:30 for your doctor's appointment. Oh, and thank you for starting the coffee this morning."

Maggie flashed a wide smile at her mother.

= = =

David's, Tom's, and Julie's days all seemed very ordinary and commonplace. At least the start of the day for each of them.

David caught his Drawing instructor before class and asked for ten minutes of her time after class. He showed her the drawings he had done while home the previous week, and she complimented him on his choice of the focused color use in the two charcoal portraits. She was not familiar with Japanese mythology, so she had no point of reference for what a Kitsune was, but she smiled broadly at his caricature of his new girlfriend.

For Tom and Julie, the rest of the week passed without anything untoward occurring. Perhaps due to Julie's continuing presence at the T.A. Lab for Tom's scheduled shifts, or perhaps due to external factors, but there was not a reoccurrence of the "kissing bandit". A positive outcome of that was that Tom and Julie spent time just breathing the same air, being present in the same place without having even to be touching each other. A few students came in during Tom's shifts for help and Julie kept a watchful eye on the females. And they did have public couple time as Tom walked Julie back to her dorm. All in all, it was beneficial to their relationship, and their love for each other continued to bloom and grow deeper.

= = =

Alan's Wednesday was fairly ordinary as well. Daily stand-up meeting for the project team, assignment of tasks, roadblock removal for some of the project members who needed the cooperation of others to complete their duties. And still, Maria maintained her position on Alan's behavior the previous week, despite a couple of ladies' attempts to probe deeper saying that kind of behavior was not typical of Alan, ever. Essentially, the office was split as to who was telling the truth. He endured the harsh looks still given by a few of the women with stoicism, reminding himself that "this, too, shall pass."

So, when Alan's cell phone rang with a call from one of the recruiters, he stepped outside to take the call. One of the clients previously discussed wanted to schedule an interview with Alan as soon as possible. Alan had already cleared most of Thursday afternoon for his doctor's appointment, so he suggested Thursday at 4:00 pm for the interview. That time worked for the other company, and he blocked the afternoon from 2:00 pm as out-of-office. When his workday ended, he practically bolted for the door, which was a dramatic change from his previous habits of coming in early and working late so as not to have to go home to an empty house. And others were noticing.

= = =

Rose picked up Maggie just after 3:30 and they were early for their appointments and still had to wait past the appointed times. Rose was finally shown to an examination room where the nurse drew her blood for the requested tests and advised that the STI results would likely take a week and the HIV results would be two or three weeks returning. Rose could call the doctor's office next Wednesday to check, but the results would be mailed to her home address. Maggie passed Rose as Rose was headed back to the waiting room. When asked why she wanted the birth control pill prescription, Maggie said that she wanted to regulate her periods. She said nothing about wishing to have sex with her boyfriend, but the doctor was experienced in such matters. Smiling, she wrote the script for Maggie and offered to call it in to the pharmacy. Maggie chose to take the script and make the arrangements herself. With another smile, the doctor advised that pills plus condoms was significantly safer than either one alone, then gave the prescription to Maggie and wished her good fortune. As an afterthought, the doctor also advised Maggie that it could take up to a week before the birth control pills were completely functional, depending on Maggie's cycle.

All smiles, the ladies departed the physicians' offices and headed to their preferred pharmacy. They must have hit the pre-supper lull as Maggie had her prescription filled very quickly. Rose picked up a box of a dozen condoms for Maggie to keep a couple in her purse. Maggie asked Rose if they could get Chinese take-out for supper, to which Rose agreed. Taking the food home, they quickly changed into casual clothes, sat at the dining table, and ate their chosen food.

Rose informed Maggie of her Saturday morning interview at the AgCU in Middleburg.

"What happened with the bank position?" Maggie inquired.

"There is a lot of competition for that opening, and I believe my chances are very slim. I'm told that there is no one internal to the credit union who wishes to apply for the position. Oddly enough, the lady who wishes to retire next month attends the Harrisons' church and is good friends with Maeve Johnson."

"So, you're just going down for the interview on Saturday and coming back?" Maggie asked with a small twinkle in her eye.

"Well, given that we now know somebody down there and have an open invitation to come to visit, I thought I'd drive down on Friday and back on Sunday. Wanna come with?"

"Hmmm. I could be bored down there or be bored up here. It's not like I have many people in Centreville I wish to hang out with. At least down there, Alan will likely make breakfast for us. Sure, I'll come with you. I'll bring my schoolwork with me."

"Ok, I'll tell Alan when we talk tonight."

They cleaned up from supper and went to their rooms. After a while, though, Maggie tapped on Rose's bedroom door.

"Mom, how bad does it hurt to break your hymen?" Maggie asked.

It was now Rose's turn for a coughing fit.

"Honey, it kind of depends. For me, I believe my hymen was broken while horseback riding at summer camp. I felt a tiny 'pop', and there was a little blood in my underwear when I showered, but no excruciating pain like some people tell horror stories about. It's different for everyone. Tell you what. After supper, let's go ask Lord Google and see what comes up, 'k?"

They snuggled on Rose's bed with her laptop at the ready. The consensus from a myriad of web pages is that there is no single answer to Maggie's question.

"Honey, you see that having or not having a hymen does not denote your virginity status, right? You don't have to prove anything to anybody, not even me, about your status. Thank you for being as open and honest with me about this. It cannot have been easy or comfortable for you. With that said, would you like to try something?"

"What, Mom?"

Rose turned to her nightstand and rummaged in the bottom drawer and pulled out a 6" translucent pink dildo as well as a condom. Maggie's face went very pink with embarrassment, but she said nothing.

"Have you had any experience with a condom on a penis?" Rose asked.

"Yes, Mom, we put a condom on David's thing before we masturbated each other. He showed me how it is done."

"You put a condom on David before masturbating him?" Rose was a bit surprised at this.

"Well, Alan had left a box on David's bed with a note, and David wanted to contain the mess a bit. So, yeah."

"Hmmm. Ok. So, why don't you show me and apply the condom to this dildo."

Maggie opened the condom packet without using her teeth, determined which way the condom would roll down, and rather expertly applied it.

"Well done, Maggie! If I did not believe differently, I'd say you had had some practice doing this."

"Mom!"

Rose got up and got an older hand towel from the stack in her bathroom and returned to the bed. She powered down the laptop and set it on the floor out of harm's way, then turned back to Maggie.

"This may seem a bit radical, dear, but please get naked and lay back down. Just trust me, please."

Complying, Maggie stripped and then lay back on Rose's bed as Rose gestured to her. Rose placed the old towel under Maggie's buttocks. She lay down next to Maggie and then started to kiss Maggie's neck and lightly trail her fingertips down Maggie's chin. Maggie's nipples started to react nearly immediately, and Rose smiled. So responsive! Maggie's breathing got heavier, and Rose's mouth trailed down Maggie's body to her breasts. Maggie arched her back and moaned and then Rose took Maggie's right nipple into her mouth and started to suck.

"Mom?" Maggie groaned.

"Hush, baby, mama's going to make this good for you."

Rose took the condom-covered dildo and began to run it around Maggie's turgid nipples, around her breasts, and down her tummy. Maggie kept pushing her body to have more contact both with her mother and with the dildo. Then Rose gently ran the dildo over Maggie's pussy, lubricating it slightly with Maggie's excretions. This resulted in Maggie pushing her hips up, seeking more contact. Rose used her other hand to spread Maggie's labia, exposing a stiff clitoris and more natural lubricant. Rose rubbed the dildo's condom cover in this lubricant, then teased her daughter's clit with the knob of the dildo, exciting Maggie still further.

"Unh, unh, m-m-more, p-p-p-please, Mom!"

"Ok, baby, tell me if this hurts." Stroking Maggie's clit, Rose placed the dildo in the entrance to Maggie's vagina, slowly pushing it in a few inches. Then withdrawing it slightly. Then pressing in further. Back and forth, in and out in small increments, and Maggie was enjoying the hell out of the experience. While Rose was focused on her daughter's pubis, Maggie was stroking, pulling, and twisting on her nipples. She shuddered through two thoroughly nice orgasms. After about five minutes, Rose had the whole dildo inserted into Maggie, and not a chirp of complaint came from her daughter.

"Unh, uhn, so good, so good, keep going, oh so good!"

"It's all inside you, Maggie. You did it."

Rose removed the dildo, slowly, and there was not even a speck of blood on the condom nor any which had leaked to the towel. Rose removed the condom, disposing of it, and made to replace the dildo in her nightstand.

"Mom, uh, can I borrow that for a while? Please?"

"Be sure to clean it thoroughly with hot water when you're done and return it to me."

With a smile, Rose handed the dildo to Maggie, who then scampered to her own bed and closed her bedroom door.

= = =

At 8:50 pm Alan's phone reminded him of his scheduled call with Rose at the top of the hour. He placed a washcloth in a bowl of very warm water on his nightstand and had a hand towel at the ready as well. He stripped down to his boxer shorts then fixed his pillows against his headboard so he could sit and lean as was comfortable. He then sat in his bed and waited.

9:00 pm.

9:05 pm.

9:10 pm.

At 9:15 Alan decided to wait no longer and he called Rose, who answered sharply with, "Well, what kept you?" Needless to say, Alan was puzzled at this outburst and said so.

"Rose, did our signals get crossed? Or did you expect me to call when you did not call me right at 9:00?"

"I sent you a text at 8:00 saying that it was your turn to call."

"I'm sorry, Rose, but I did not receive any texts from you this evening."

"Hmmph, a likely story. Maybe we should take the night off," she grumped.

"Maybe so. Do have a good night, my dear." And Alan disconnected the call.

Rose was nonplussed. She definitely did not expect that reaction from Alan. Then she checked her messaging app and discovered she never had actually sent the message. "Oh, crap!"

In the meantime, Alan got up and put his phone on to charge, then returned the washcloth and towel to the bathroom, emptied the bowl of the water, and headed to the kitchen to return the bowl and set up the coffee for the morning.

Rose was unaccustomed to having to eat crow, but she did not want to leave things with Alan as they had left them, so she swallowed her pride and called him. Alan's phone rang and rang and eventually rolled to voicemail.

"Alan, my message never was sent. I would still like to talk tonight. Call me?" she recorded.

But Alan never got her voicemail message. He returned to bed, pulled up the covers, turned out the lights, and went to sleep.

Eventually, Rose turned out her lights and went to sleep, tears streaming down her face and onto her pillow.

= = =

David called Maggie at 8:30 and interrupted her playtime.

"Hi, Davey!" she said breathlessly with her enjoyment, having orgasmed several times since returning to her bedroom with her mom's toy.

"Am I interrupting anything?" he teased.

Catching her breath, she exhaled broadly.

"It's been a big day for me. I had my doctor's appointment and got my prescription filled."

"Wow! You've become a 'big girl' now, I suppose."

"Smartass! Yeah, and then Mom helped me to go even further."

"OH?" David inquired.

"You know full well why I got my prescription, buster. Well, I did not want our first time to be marred by blood and pain, so she helped me to make use of a toy. Pleasantly, there was neither blood nor pain. And this toy has been a bit of fun to play with," she giggled.

"Pray my Kitsune, tell me more! How have you been using your mom's toy?" David asked, quietly.

"Well, she had me demonstrate to her how to put a condom on. Thank you, kind artiste, for helping me to learn how to do that."

"As I recall, the pleasure was mostly, if not entirely, mine. But you are welcome."

"When she had lovingly assured me of my readiness to accommodate a male member, I dashed back here to my bed to play with it further. I got it all wet with spit and rubbed it on my breasts."

"Oooh, I'm so sorry I'm not there. What else?" he asked.

"Well, after rubbing on my tits, I returned it to my wet pussy and teasing my clit with the knob, occasionally dragging it a bit further south and dipping it into my hot well then returning it to my clit."

"And that's what you really like, is it?"

"There's a difference between self-pleasure and getting it from a kind and loving partner. I know what I'm going to do to myself, so there's no surprise there. I imagine that with you, I won't know in advance what you're gonna do, and that little mystery should make it so much better. Are you lubed up?" she asked.

"Not tonight. Robert's doing some studying over at his desk. But tell me more about this thing."

"Well, it's a clear purple thing, shaped a lot like yours. It's as long as my thumb to my little finger with my hand stretched out, and somewhat flexible yet sufficiently firm to go where it is directed."

"Well, Magpie, I'm hard now and really can't do much about it."

"Sorry," she giggled.

"It's all your fault. Moving on. What are your plans for this weekend?"

"Oh, Mom has an interview with some lady from your church about a position at a credit union. I think Mrs. Johnson had something to do with arranging it. That's on Saturday, so Mom and I were going to crash at your house for the weekend. Too bad you're stuck at school."

"Yeah, that's too bad," he responded, his mind darting from possibility to possibility. "Are you two going to church with Dad on Sunday then?"

"I think that's Mom's plan. It won't be the same without you, though, Davey."

"As is to be expected, Magpie. Be strong! I love you, Maggie. You mean so much to me, and I find it extremely hard to wait to see you over Christmas."

"What is your schedule of final exams, Davey?"

"I'm not certain, but I think I'm done late on Wednesday in two weeks, so I should be able to go home either Wednesday night or Thursday morning after breakfast. Why do you ask?"