Spirits in the Material World Pt. 14

Story Info
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday of Exam Week.
12.9k words
4.84
3.5k
6
0

Part 14 of the 17 part series

Updated 06/12/2023
Created 12/16/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Spirits in the Material World, Part 14 by storyteller0112

All persons are over the age of 18, and all characters and locations are totally fictional.

None of these parts or chapters stand alone. The narrative picks up where the previous one left off.

Sunday, December 13:

Alarms sounded at 7:30 and 7:45 in the Harrison house that Sunday morning. Alan got up first and went down to get the coffee brewing. Rose was largely unresponsive after several energetic evening and very early morning bouts of new bed christening. Maggie's alarm was sounding when Alan knocked on the front bedroom door. Bleary-eyed, she opened the door, and her nose was assailed by the heavenly aromas of coffee, vanilla, and cinnamon. Alan handed her a mug of coffee, complete with "contaminating" creamer and a plate with two slices of buttered cinnamon raisin toast. With a kiss to her forehead, Alan turned to head to his room.

Maggie raised the mug to her lips and sipped carefully. Aaahh! Sweet Elixir of Life! Setting the plate of toast on the nightstand, she sat on the edge of the bed and reflected. Her life, which had seemed dull and routine, had become rather fun in the last two and a half weeks. She now had a boyfriend who could keep her on her toes and who truly cared about her. Once she passed her final exams this week, she would be free of the whiners who did not want to be in class. Plus, she would be moving into this cool bedroom! Above all, she now felt Alan's love for her in addition to her mother's.

Holding the tray with one hand, Alan opened his bedroom door. Rose had not moved much, so he wandered over to her side of the bed and knelt before her, proffering a cup of coffee. Draconically, she opened one eye to stare balefully at him. And then the odors smacked her upside the nose.

"Oh, you wonderful, marvelous man! First, you fuck the hell out of me, then you elevate me nearly to heaven with this." Rose took a healthy slug of her mug's contents and smiled with great contentment.

"While we didn't break the bed, we surely broke it in thoroughly," quipped Alan.

"It certainly wasn't because we didn't try hard enough," Rose added. "They must have made this bed very soundly."

"I doubt they would add the details of our experience to their marketing materials, though," Alan noted, garnering a snort of amusement from Rose.

The two sat in companionable silence, drinking their coffee and eating their toast. Ultimately, it was Alan's toying fingers stroking Rose's still stocking-clad leg which provoked progress.

"Alan, stop that! Go get in the shower and get ready for church, please."

"Oh, all right. You're not being any fun," Alan whined, trying for a hang-dog look and tone.

"You weren't saying that last night. Or earlier this morning. I seem to recall you thought I was a lot of fun then," she chided with a very satisfied smile on her face.

A wry grin crossed Alan's face, and his reply was, "As you wish."

Rose carefully removed her stockings and tiptoed into his shower once he had gotten in and the water to the right temperature. Her hand on his cock and balls caused an immediate inflation process. It felt so good, for both of them.

"MINE!" she growled.

"Only yours," he agreed.

Leaving him short of a release, they proceeded to wash each other diligently and soon they were drying off.

"After all the times you filled my pussy last night, I didn't figure you could cum again so soon," Rose explained.

"You are probably right, dear heart. Still, while you are down there ..." Alan's voice trailed off as she suctioned his cock into her loving mouth. After a dozen head bobs, Alan ejected what little had regenerated in his balls since the previous time.

"Now, time's a-wasting, good sir. Would you please wear a suit today, for me?" she requested.

Alan dressed in his other silk boxers, the black ones, and pulled out his light gray suit.

"White shirt and red tie, please," she called out.

He acquiesced to her wishes, not having any contrary plans or ideas. For her part, Rose dressed in a burgundy-colored dress that came to just below her knees while accentuating her breasts. High Lycra-content suntan stockings added shine to her legs, and black pumps with a 3" heel completed her outfit. A costume jewelry necklace and bracelet graced her neck and wrist, but she wore no earrings that day.

They emerged from the bedroom to find Maggie stepping out of "her" bathroom in a black skirt, white silk blouse, dark hose, and sedate 1" heeled pumps.

"Are you all set, Maggie?" Rose inquired.

"Yes, all set, mother. Did you two do any damage to the new bed last night?" she smirked.

"Nope, no damage. Everything is still quite functional," Alan retorted.

"That's good then," Maggie chirped, and she then let the conversation lapse as they proceeded downstairs.

They arrived at the church a few minutes early, so Rose and Maggie headed for the restrooms while Alan headed for the Fellowship Hall and the coffee station.

= = =

Rose and Maggie made the trek to the ladies' restroom. It wasn't that they needed to do anything more than primp and fluff. But it was where they knew they could find other women. Sure enough, Maeve Johnson and Susan Larsen were standing in front of the mirrors, touching up their lipstick and corralling errant strands of hair.

"Rose! Margaret! How good to see you two again," Maeve exclaimed. "Does this mean you're coming to our home for lunch after worship today?"

"Maeve, Susan," Rose acknowledged and greeted the pair. "Yes, Maeve, the three of us will be happy to come to lunch at your home."

One of the toilets flushed and a few seconds later, Mary Henderson emerged with a big smile on her face. Quickly washing her hands, she pulled first Rose, then Maggie, into warm hugs.

"It is so great to see you both today! We were considering taking small wagers that you would not make it today, for either the worship or the luncheon. What with what went on with Alan on Friday, you know."

"How- how do you know what happened with Alan on Friday?" Rose stammered.

"Carl Wilson, the security guard who escorted Alan out, is my son-in-law," Mary explained. "He also related how everyone on Alan's project team suddenly became ill around 2:00 pm on Friday and went home, just about the time a specific email was received." Mary gave Rose a broad wink and a smile at that show of solidarity by Alan's project team.

"Come along now, ladies," Susan called out. "Our significant others have been left to their own devices far too long. Goodness only knows what sort of trouble they could have gotten themselves into." This declaration received smirks and snorts from the ladies, not that it wasn't necessarily the truth. The five departed the ladies' room in pairs with Margaret trailing behind, looking a bit forlorn.

= = =

"Ah, there he is," Jack Johnson declared. "We were about to start taking wagers if you would be here today or up in Centreville." Smiles abounded from most of the men present in listening range.

"Well, I did spend Friday night there with Rose, but we had business here yesterday. Plus, I recalled Maeve's invitation to get to know Rose better this afternoon at your place, Jack, so we are here today."

"Rose, too?" Gil Larsen inquired.

"Rose and Maggie both. The other three are still at school. They have final exams this week so they could not come home for the weekend. They'll be off for about a month once their finals finish this week. David snuck home last week, but he could not do it again, much to Maggie's sorrow," Alan chuckled, drawing knowing grins from the other men. "I'm sure our ladies have already found each other and are talking about us as well."

Talk turned to the upcoming college football games and Alan excused himself to go prepare a couple of cups of coffee for his ladies. Putting the finishing touches on the coffees, he looked up to see a group of women entering the Fellowship Hall. Rose was surrounded by Maeve Johnson, Mary Henderson, and Susan Larsen. Maggie was trailing the group, looking a little bored and excluded from the discussion.

Alan moved towards the ladies and gave Maggie a cup of coffee first. "Chin up, Maggie. You'll make some new friends here soon," Alan stated. He followed that with a tender kiss on her cheek, and Maggie blushed slightly. She kissed Alan's cheek in return, then accepted the coffee tendered.

"Thank you, Dad," was all she said. Susan heard Maggie's words but kept her own counsel while giving Alan an indecipherable look.

Alan presented the other cup to Rose, once he was able to gain her attention.

"Thank you for the coffee, dear," Rose said, then she returned to the conversation with the ladies. Recognizing a dismissal, Alan stepped away and returned to the men's conversation.

= = =

Soon after the ladies rejoined the menfolk, it was time for worship. Holding both Rose's and Maggie's hands, Alan guided his ladies to the worship center where he directed them to sit on the right side where he was most comfortable. After a moment of hesitation, Jack and Maeve joined them as did Mary and George. It was the Third Sunday of Advent, and the theme of the day was Joy. That sentiment resonated within both Alan and Rose so perfectly.

Before they departed the church, Jack made sure Alan had the address. When Alan asked what they could bring, both Maeve and Jack informed them that as their guests of honor, all they were expected to bring was themselves and their appetites. That was contrary to the way Alan had been raised, but they had not had time to prepare anything to bring. Rose suggested they get a couple of pies from the grocery store bakery, and Maeve allowed as that would be very nice.

Arriving at the Johnsons' home, Rose was a little surprised at its size. Almost palatial, the tall, white columns made Rose feel a bit like a fish out of water. At least they were greeted at the door by Maeve herself and not by a maid or butler. Rose, Maggie, and Alan were escorted to the dining room where the Hendersons and the Larsens were waiting. Lunch was a simple soup and salad affair. Any discomfort on Rose's part was quickly assuaged. The pies brought for dessert were most appreciated by all and complemented the Kona coffee offered.

After lunch and dessert, the ladies were led to the living room for further discussion while the men gravitated to the television for the NFL games. Maggie begged off from the discussions, saying that she needed to study for her Physics final exam on Monday. She had brought her study materials and ensconced herself at the dining table to review the material.

Getting to know Rose was the primary purpose of the lunch and discussion, so she found herself talking much more than was her custom. She shared that she was obliged to work at the bank in Centreville through the 23rd, but that she and both girls would be present for the Christmas Eve worship service. She told of Maggie having final exams in the coming week and that she had received the waiver from the school releasing her from the one remaining class needed to graduate in late May.

At the revelation of this news, Maeve's eye got a gleam. She excused herself for a few minutes and then went to find her husband, Jack, and pulled him aside.

"Jack, are you still looking for a replacement for young Alice at the store?" she asked.

"Yes, she will be leaving us at Christmas to get married and will be moving away. Why do you ask?"

"Maggie Lawson will not have to take any more classes at the high school level once she passes her final exams this week. They will be moving here to Middleburg right around Christmas. I think she would be an excellent choice to step into Alice's place. She's very pretty, don't you think?"

Seeing the trap for what it was, Jack allowed as how Maggie made a good impression the first time he met her. "Do you know if she's even looking for a job?" he asked.

"She's probably not actively looking. She seems quite focused on her studies. Look, she's sitting at the dining table studying for a final exam. But Rose seemed concerned about how to keep her occupied until she heads off to State next fall. I think it would be a win-win scenario. Maggie gets to earn money for school, Rose gets not to worry about Maggie being occupied, and we get needed help at the store without exposing the need to the general hoi polloi who may come in off the street to apply. I have a very good feeling about this, Jack."

"Why don't you feel out Rose and if it seems good, we can ask Maggie herself," Jack reasoned.

Maeve pulled Jack's head down into a blistering kiss, full of tongue and promise for later. "Oooh, Jack, we're gonna have some fun tonight!" she promised.

Wobbling slightly, Jack returned to the men while Maeve sauntered back to the ladies' discussion.

Maeve returned to the ladies, and they looked at her somewhat quizzically. Taking her seat and arranging her dress appropriately, she gathered her thoughts before sharing.

"Rose, I just had an idea and discussed it with Jack. I wanted to raise this to discuss with you as well. My understanding is that Margaret, excuse me, Maggie will soon be at loose ends until she goes off to college next fall. Is this correct?"

"Yes, Maeve, she will not have to attend high school once she completes her final exams this week and we relocate down here. I would like for her to remain mentally engaged rather than have an eight-month vacation. Summer breaks are more than long enough, in my opinion."

"Jack and I own four jewelry stores, including the two in downtown Middleburg," Maeve began, "and one of our salesgirls is getting married soon and will be moving away. We will require her replacement, and I thought that Maggie might be both feasible and interested."

While Rose paused to consider this possibility, Mary took the lead in the discussion.

"Rose, it would be a way for her to help pay for school as well as keeping her occupied while you and Alan are at work. It would also help Maeve and Jack considerably. Our church community likes to look after its own. Like Maeve connecting us, and you and Maggie would be returning the favor."

"So, is there a balance sheet which is kept of favors done and favors owed?" Rose asked sharply, an expression of irritation flashing across her face.

Susan smoothly stepped in. "No, Rose, nothing like that at all. Mary was facing a need, which she shared with Maeve and me, and then you appeared at just the right time with the right skillset. You desired the opportunity to be nearer to Alan, and it all has worked out, right? Like this situation could work out to everyone's benefit." Susan paused and Maeve picked back up.

"Another way to look at it is this is God's way of providing and rewarding at the same time. In many ways, this just enhances the community within the community that is our church. We just look inside the community before looking outside for solutions."

Rose shifted her expression of annoyance and irritation to one of understanding. She did 'get' where the others were coming from and she could accept it and work with it, up to a point. There was very little to be gained by her being contrary, so she put on a happy face. Go along, get along.

= = =

The discussion with the men was similar, yet different.

"So, Alan, are you excited about joining our merry band?" Gil asked.

"By 'merry band' are you referring to work, Gil, or the Men's Club at church? I'm already a part of the group at church," Alan answered.

"I was referring to work, Alan. I am looking forward with great anticipation to your presence and leadership."

"Hey, you guys, can you keep it down a bit? I'm trying to hear how stupid the color commentators are this week," George stated.

Quieter, Alan responded, "Yes, Gil. I am so glad to be free from that place. I was unaware how unhappy I was becoming until the management showed how little I was valued."

"You should not have that problem with us, Alan. You just said, 'free from that place.' Are you no longer working there?"

"I guess that bit of news has yet to reach you. Yes, I was walked out on Friday afternoon, a week earlier than I had planned."

"By my son-in-law, Carl," George added. "I did not think it was my place to be telling anyone about it. I do wonder, though, if that variant of the 'blue flu' will subside. Carl had only glowing words of respect for you, Alan. And that is saying quite a lot, coming from him."

"So, you'd be free to meet for a lunch or two this week?" Gil inquired of Alan. "Nothing official, per se, but a chance to brief you some more before you actually start work," he explained.

"Yeah, I think I could meet you for lunch a couple of times, maybe Tuesday and Thursday, if that works with your schedule, Gil."

"Great! I need to check my schedule tomorrow morning first thing, but I'll be in touch with you by noon to set the dates."

The men then grew silent, saving their remaining quota of words for when their wives (or girlfriend in Alan's case) wished to dialogue before bed. Maeve rapped on the door frame and pulled Jack out, and the other three just kept watching the game and mocking the commentator. Jack returned to ask their forgiveness, but he had to attend to a work-related issue and was soon gone again. At half-time, Jack was still absent, so Alan addressed George and Gil.

"Gentlemen, I need some help with building a bedroom and a bathroom in my basement. Who do you know of and recommend?"

"What do you need done? And why? It's just the three of you in a three-bedroom, two-bath house you've lived in for 20 years."

"Two-and-a-half bath," Alan amended. "But now we're adding ..."

"Rose and Maggie and Julie," Jack supplied, re-entering the room with a couple of stapled pages in his hand.

"Right you are, sir. The new bedroom and bathroom in the basement would be for Tom and Julie when they're home. David has his room and Maggie needs her own space long-term."

"Speaking of Maggie, "Jack started, "Alan, would you please join me in presenting an opportunity to the young lady?"

Excusing himself, Alan walked with Jack to talk with Maggie in the dining room. She was heads-down in her notes from her Physics class, and only looked up when the two men took seats at the dining table. She sighed, setting her notes aside, and gave Alan a smile that warmed his cockles. "Rose is going to get it tonight," he thought.

"Margaret," Jack began, I am informed that when you pass your classes this week, you will not be required to take any more high school classes. Is this correct?"

"That is very true, Mr. Johnson, sir," she answered.

"I'm also given to understand that you would be amenable to some employment, at least until you head off to college next fall. You will need to help your mother pay for your education, right?"

"Maggie smiled at this, then set him straight.

"Mr. Johnson, with my over 4.0 grade point average and a 33 composite on the ACT, I have been offered a full-ride, tuition, books, and room and board, at State, which I have accepted. But your point is still valid, sir. I will need some spending money. How can you help me and how may I help you, please?"

Jack rocked back, a little surprised at her intellect. Beautiful and intelligent! And very polite and well-spoken as well. He had no doubts about his now chosen course. "Margaret," he began anew.

"Please, Mr. Johnson, call me Maggie. I'm Margaret only when I'm in trouble or dealing with officials."

"Very well, Maggie. I have here an application for employment at one of my jewelry stores in downtown Middleburg. I would like for you to complete the information requested as I need a replacement. Alice is leaving soon to get married and will be moving away. I am very impressed with what I have seen and what I know of you. I'm looking at five days per week, six hours per day, at $10 per hour. There is a 30-minute unpaid lunchtime daily. Payday is every other Saturday and there will be taxes withheld from your pay. I offer a 15% discount for employee purchases, and we are closed on Sundays and Mondays. I can see you trying to calculate things out. A 60-hour paycheck will net you approximately $475 every two weeks. Work hours are 9:30 am to 4:00 pm including the 30-minute lunch."