Spirits in the Material World Pt. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh, Alan!" she sobbed. "I-I-I lo-love you-u-u s-so m-m-much," she stammered, trying to get control of her emotions. "No-no-nobody has ev-ev-ever looked at m-me tha-that w-w-way." She gave up trying to reign it in and just gave in to the tsunami of emotions and love. Which in turn set Alan to bawling with her. Holding onto each other, they cried for five solid minutes, then lips began searching for their mate.

Alan got control first and stroked Rose's hair and kissed her lips and cheeks and did all he could to soothe her. It worked and soon heart rates returned to normal. He kissed away the remains of her tears and looked with worry into her eyes.

"What brought all of this on, Rose?" he asked.

"I don't know for certain, Alan. I just looked into your eyes and all I could see was your love for me, forever. I realized that Ron had never looked at me that way, and then the waterworks started."

"Well, my love, I think the best thing for us is to get a shower. Take another gulp of your coffee, and please come join me." Alan stood and held out his hand for Rose to take.

Nodding at his sagacity, she took a deep drink of her mug's contents and took hold of his proffered hand. He gently lifted her to standing and led her into the en suite where he delighted in making her naked, sneaking kisses whenever he could.

They did, eventually, get showered and dressed for the day. Rose took particular delight in wearing a thong and stay-up stockings under her business suit. She wanted Alan to know that the outside does not always or often reflect what's inside, especially with her. For his part, he found pleasure in exhibiting the erection that she engendered in him because he would not see her for at least a few days. He wanted her to know what would await her reunion with him.

Rose and Alan emerged from her bedroom at the same time as Maggie emerged from hers, ready for school. They all gathered around the dining table and enjoyed a light breakfast of the last of the coffee and some toasted blueberry bagels. Alan opted for some juice instead of the coffee, knowing he would get coffee while returning to Middleburg.

Hugs and kisses were offered and accepted and soon everyone was on their way to the rest of their day.

Alan returned to Middleburg by mid-morning and took stock of his household. When exams were done and the families merged, Tom and Julie would have the front bedroom, David and Maggie would share David's bedroom, and he and Rose would have the master. With Tom and Julie likely moving into their apartment on or shortly after January 1st, then Maggie could move to the front bedroom. There were likely some appliances which Rose would prefer to keep, but excess could be offered to Tom and Julie or donated to Goodwill.

He checked his email and found a note from early that morning from Gil about meeting for lunch on Tuesday. Alan accepted the invitation, noting that the lunch was set for Applebee's at 11:30. He had high hopes for this new position to work out well for both him and the company.

= = =

Julie received a call on her mobile around 6:30 while she and Tom were enjoying a leisurely supper in the cafeteria. It was Bruce Parker informing her / them that their background checks and credit checks had come back as expected with no black marks against them.

"Miss Julie, could you and Eagle Tom please come by my place tomorrow evening, say 6:30, to sign the last documents for the lease?" he inquired.

"Let me check with him." She covered the microphone on her phone and asked if tomorrow evening would work for them to complete the lease paperwork. Getting an affirmative response, she returned to the call and confirmed they would meet at Bruce's residence.

"Is there anything else we need to bring?" she asked.

"I definitely need the security deposit and the June rent upfront, please. That comes to $825."

"And could we possibly store some of our things in the apartment for the rest of this month so we don't have to tote them home and back? We won't need access to them, but it makes the move out of the dorms that much easier," Julie requested.

"I'll tell you what, Miss Julie. If you could provide the January rent payment in addition to the deposit and the June rent, then I would have no problem with you and Eagle Tom storing some of your things for the rest of the month."

"That would be great, Mr. Bruce! How would you prefer the payment? We've never rented an apartment before."

"Well, Miss Julie, I can take a money order or a cashier's check with no problems. A personal check would also work, and I now have a Square card reader so I can accept credit cards as well. Of course, cash always works as well. Will one of those methods work for you?" he inquired.

After quickly consulting with Tom, Julie answered, "Yes, sir, I believe we can make one or more of those methods work very well. We will see you tomorrow evening at your place. 6:30 pm, right?"

"Yes, I should be home and done with supper by that time. I look forward to seeing you both again. Good evening!" And he disconnected the call.

"Ok, Tom, if we can pony up the $1,400 for the deposit, first, and last month's rent, we can store some of our stuff in the apartment and not have to schlep it home for the holidays."

"Do you have any way of coming up with $700? If I need to, I'm sure I could put the whole thing on my emergency credit card. I'll need to clear it with Dad first, though."

"Mom usually writes the check to the school. I don't have a good backup like your credit card. We should talk with the 'rents."

To make a long story short, they all talked that evening and Alan agreed to have Tom pay the deposit and two months' rent on the credit card. They would work out the finer details for the remaining months' rent and the utilities during the holiday break. Alan also communicated the revised idea not to build a bedroom and bathroom in the basement; rather Tom and Julie would occupy the front bedroom as they did during Thanksgiving week and Maggie would bunk with David for the two weeks they'd be home from school. They had not yet worked out the details about moving the Lawsons from Centreville to Middleburg, but there was still time.

They disconnected and Tom returned to his room after a very long and loving embrace with Julie along with the admonition to do well on her exam the next day.

= = =

Maggie thought she did very well on her Physics exam and was in a good mood for the rest of the day, despite having to deal with "mental midgets". She could practically feel the downhill slope she was on and was anxiously awaiting Friday night's culmination.

She knew where she needed to pay attention in her studying for the Calculus test on Tuesday, and she stayed true and focused on achieving that goal. She did, however, take a break to have a brief (for her) telephone call with David. He reminded her that she would always have to deal with people who were less gifted than herself, and they were not to be blamed. She felt chastened by his words and ended the call early claiming that she needed to get back to studying her Calculus for the test the next day. David's parting words were, "I love you, Kitsune Girl," and her eyes were drawn to the caricature he had painted for her.

After ending the call, she had to get up and use the bathroom and Rose caught her in the hall on Maggie's way back from the kitchen with a snack.

"Mags, is everything all right? You seem troubled. Is everything good with David? Is he still coming on Friday?"

"Yeah, Mom, we're still good. He kinda pissed me off tonight, but that's probably my fault. He told me that I'll always have to deal with those less gifted than myself and they were not to be blamed."

"He's right, you know."

"Yeah, and that's why I'm pissed. I just don't have the personality index he does. He just seems to get along with anyone. Maybe he should consider getting into counseling or psychiatry."

"Maybe he's already considering that path. It could be a good topic for discussion when you aren't screwing each other to death this weekend."

"MOM!"

"Oh, you weren't going to have coitus after the dance on Friday?"

"MOTHERRRR!" And Maggie stomped off to her room and closed her door while Rose smiled broadly. She knew that Maggie could have turned all that around on her and Alan. Frankly, she was a bit surprised that Maggie hadn't said anything. Yet another possible topic of conversation for Mother-Daughter time, later.

Maggie's mind was all over the place for about ten minutes, then she got her phone and texted David.

Magpie: * Davey, I'm sorry I cut us off short. I do love you, too. I was mad that you were right. Forgive me, please? *

David was a little miffed at Maggie's abrupt disconnection, so he waited a few minutes before checking his phone for the message, to which he responded.

Davey: * Yes, Magpie, I forgive you. I love you so much. Play nicely with the other kids in the sandbox. You also might want to get used to the idea that I'm sometimes right. *

"Hmmph!" Maggie scoffed at David's last message, then returned to study her Calculus.

= = =

Alan called Rose that evening.

"I love you, Rose," he began, "and I already miss you. How was your day?"

"God, Alan, I miss you, too. The day was fine, uneventful as is commonplace. Dull and boring days are good at a bank. Exciting days are not usually a good thing in a bank. I love you so much. When may I see you again?"

"I'd say you are welcome here in my bed and house any time, but you have commitments and responsibilities there for another week plus a day or two. We do, however, need to be thinking about furnishing Tom and Julie's apartment; sofa, table, chairs, dishes, silverware, cookware, utensils, bed, bedding, et cetera."

"Yeah, I guess you're right. You Harrisons seem to be making a habit of that."

"Habit of what?"

"Being right. Maggie and David had a little thing tonight where she really did not care for David being right, with the implication that she was wrong. Nothing big, I hope, but it should make their relationship a bit stronger in the long run. Changing topics, do you think we're too hot and heavy right now?"

"Wow. I did not see that one coming. Let me think for a second," Alan replied. "For my part, I think I'm 'making up' for a year and a half of lost time. I loved Laura so much and I miss her equally. But she would want me to continue to live, not merely exist. I would not presume to speak for you on this. I really like the sex we've been having, and I think enjoyable sex, regardless of age, is good for compatibility. We've already assessed the other's personality, and there will be discoveries about the other over time. But I am committing myself to you, Rose, unless you do not wish to reciprocate."

"Oh, no, mister. You are mine as much as I am yours. We fit together well, not just Tab A in Slot B, although that fits well, too!" She gave a little shudder as she recalled the wonderful orgasms Alan had given her over the weekend. "We seem to be very compatible in many areas. I'm sure we can discuss and work through any differences which may arise."

"I do like your attitude, Rose. And I have enjoyed our time together where we just were in the same space, breathing the same air. Don't get me wrong here. You're a great fuck. But there are times where I just like being with you. Holding hands. Light kissing. The whole nine yards."

Alan's words were getting Rose excited; her nipples were erect and getting harder by the second. Her pussy was starting to weep with missing him.

"Alan, you're making me so wet. Hang on, I've got to get something."

She rummaged in her nightstand and pulled out her favorite Alan-sized vibrator and lay back on her pillows. Telling him what she had and what she was doing with it got him going and soon he guided her to a very loud climax, envisioning it was him, wishing it was him.

"Oh, Alan, is there any way you can come up here on Friday with David and stay the night? I know I won't make it with just our telephone calls."

Alan chuckled which irritated Rose a little. "Let me talk with him. He'll be home either late Wednesday or by noon on Thursday. I'm sure we can reach some agreement. I'll keep you looped in, Rose."

"I think we all would appreciate that, Alan. I'm off to get some shut-eye. I love you, Alan, truly, madly, deeply."

"And I love you, Rosalie. Sweet dreams, sweetheart."

= = =

The rest of exam week seemed to fly by for the four children, while it dragged on and on for Alan and Rose.

Tuesday's Calculus exam for Maggie almost made her laugh. She had studied and reviewed notes and tests from the whole semester, expecting a big comprehensive exam. What she got was an enhanced chapter test, covering the last two sections. Admittedly, they all built on top of the previous sections, but it was nowhere near the scale she had expected. And the remainder of her tests on Wednesday and Thursday were equally laughable, to her. Her grades for her last semester of high school were assured to be A's.

David's test on Tuesday was his Discrete Mathematics course. A far cry simpler than Calculus, this course focused on practical uses of math and advanced arithmetic as often used in everyday life. Once he could see the practical use of what he was being taught, his mind absorbed the content well, and he did very well on that exam.

Julie's exam on Tuesday was much more difficult than she had expected, and she had slacked a bit in her preparation for it. Consequently, she did not do as well as she would have wished, but she would not fail the class. Looking at this as a learning experience, she knew she could and should do much better going forward and resolved to set aside her physical desires for a couple of days to complete the testing required by her courses.

Tom had no exams on Tuesday but spent the day preparing for his examination on Wednesday. As the dutiful first-born child, he knew that only top marks would be pleasing to his father (and mother), and he set himself on that path with that focus. Leaving a note for his roommate, he sequestered himself in the library, emerging only for meals and the scheduled meeting with Bruce Parker that evening. When he emerged in the late afternoon to meet Julie for supper, he felt well-prepared for his test on Wednesday.

When he asked how her test had gone, Julie hung her head in embarrassment.

"Not as well as I would have hoped. It was truly comprehensive, and some of the minutiae from early in the semester were not well studied on my part. I'll pass the class, but I can do so much better. In some ways, Tom, it's your fault."

"My fault? Why is your performance MY fault?"

"Because I love you so much. I am so looking forward to the next six months together and dreading the year apart after that. You distract me, especially the way you use your lips on mine. I could not focus well on studying for that test, and it was entirely your fault for being so perfect for me," she rationalized.

"And you are so perfect for me, too, Jules. Please don't dwell on our life together after this next semester. If anything should guide you, it should be this past semester. Did you foresee us being an 'us' when classes started back in August? I sure didn't." Julie shook her head, admitting her lack of foresight. Tom continued, "But we do seem to be perfect for each other. And look at the cascading effects. Our siblings are boyfriend/girlfriend, and our parents ..." His voice trailed off.

"Are going to get married to each other," Julie finished.

"Do you really think so?"

"Tom, Tom, Tommy. You'd have to be both blind and clueless to not see that coming." She smirked then asked, "What's the Boy Scout Motto, Eagle Scout?"

"Be Prepared."

"For what?"

"For any old thing. Like our parents hooking up and tying the knot," he admitted. "Hey, how do you know about the Boy Scout Motto?"

"Not all of my study time has been spent on coursework, silly man. I needed to know more about what makes you tick, what makes your dad tick, even what makes Bruce Parker tick. Who we happen to need to get going to see to complete our lease agreement."

"I'll drive this time, if I may," Tom stated as they arose and returned their supper dishes to the window.

Tom's car was a Toyota Corolla with a 5-speed manual transmission. The body was starting to rust a bit at the wheel wells, and it only had an AM/FM radio and 2-60 Air Conditioning (2 windows down, going 60 MPH). It was basic transportation, but not something he enjoyed driving much.

Recalling precisely the route they had taken the previous week, Tom delivered them to Bruce Parker's place at 6:20. Noting his truck in his driveway, they parked on the street and disembarked. Tom came around the front of the car and Julie clasped his hand in hers and they proceeded up the seven steps to the front door. Looking quickly at each other and getting a smile, Julie rang the doorbell. The porch light came on and the sound of locks disengaging was heard. The front door opened, and they were warmly greeted by their new landlord.

"Come in, come in, please. It is great to see you two again!"

"Thank you, Bruce," Tom replied, holding the storm door open for Julie to enter first.

"May I take your coats? This may take a few minutes."

"Sure."

They handed Bruce their coats, which he placed on the coat rack in the entry hall. "Come right this way, back to the dining table," he invited. As they entered the dining room, Julie noticed the McDonald's bag and a plastic cup of drink.

"Oh, Mr. Parker, we're sorry if we're interrupting supper."

"Nonsense! I was just finishing the last of the fries when you rang the doorbell. You're perfectly on time, Miss Julie. Please, do call me Bruce. Mr. Parker is my father."

"Very well, Bruce. So, you are OK with Tom and I renting your basement apartment for the next six months, until the end of June?"

He gave them a big smile, showing his white teeth.

"Yes, Miss Julie, I'm quite OK with you two renting out the basement. Like I noted before, I have promised the space to someone else starting in July, so there cannot be any extensions on the lease, I'm sorry."

"We understand, Bruce. So, our background and credit checks came back acceptable. You agreed that we could store some things in the apartment rather than take them back home for the holiday break, right?" Tom asked.

Bruce smiled and nodded his head affirmatively. "Yes, Tom, if you can provide me with the security deposit and two months' rent tonight, I'll let you have the keys and you can store some stuff in the empty apartment over the holidays. It's still on you, though, to arrange for the electricity and, I assume, internet for the place. I'll give you those phone numbers tonight before you leave. Shall we get the last of these details signed?"

Julie and Tom re-reviewed the documents, and everything seemed to be in order, so they signed on the dotted line and Tom provided the credit card for Bruce to swipe on his Square plug-in. $1,400 was charged plus the 3% transaction fee of $42. When that was all confirmed, there were big smiles all around. "Ah, and here are the telephone numbers for the power company and the cable company," as he handed them a sheet of paper with some numbers.

"Would you two like to go back and have a look around your new place? It hasn't changed since, but sometimes the experience can change the perspective a little?" Bruce asked.

"Certainly, Bruce. We'd love another look around, please," Julie answered.

They put on their coats and trooped down the steps and around to the under-stairs entry. Bruce unlocked the deadbolt and the handle locks, opened the door, and flipped on the lights. There was a light beside the door on the outside, and a couple of overhead fixtures which all lit up. Julie entered, followed by Tom and Bruce. The heating was minimal, so they appreciated wearing their coats.