Spirits in the Material World Pt. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her phone sounded just after 1:30 with the incoming text from Rose, and she woke enough to read it and reply that they would be sure to talk in the morning. David's steady, shallow breathing indicated he was asleep, but his cock was still mostly hard. Wanting more of him, Maggie began to undulate her hips, and his penis responded accordingly. He awoke to the delightful sensation of Maggie's pussy shucking up and down his cock, and he was instantly ready for round 2.

= = =

A flash of lights from his right and the sickening crunch of metal and plastic crumpling woke him up. Tom's eyes flew open to see nothing but a darkened hospital room and to hear the soft beeping of a heartbeat monitor. The door to his room opened quietly and a young nurse entered to check on him. The monitors at the nurses' station had indicated an extreme spike in his pulse and she was quickly reactive to his situation.

"Are you all right, sir?" she asked, softly.

Tom was wild-eyed and sitting up in his bed, sweating. She approached and turned on another dim light. She noted the readout on the display: pulse 140. She gently pressed on his shoulders to get him to lie back in the bed, and he complied. The pulse display showed a decreasing number: 130, 120, 105, 95, 85 as his heart slowed.

"Bad dream?" she asked, and he nodded. "Yeah, not surprising. You'll probably have those for a few days. It's normal, and you will be all right. Nothing was broken or sprained. Just a small gash on your head from broken glass."

"Thank you," he gasped as his heart rate returned to normal. "What time is it?"

"4:15. Can you get back to sleep?" she asked.

"I'll try. Thank you again."

"You are welcome. It's all part of our commitment to excellent customer service," she grinned. "Now, rest some more. Your family will probably be back here at the earliest time allowed." She turned down the lights and closed the door behind her.

'Fuck! What the hell happened?' he wondered.

= = =

Alan, Rose, and Julie pulled into the driveway and exited Rose's car. Alan extracted his keys and unlocked the front door and let them in the house. "Julie, I'm sure there is a t-shirt of Tom's in the dresser in the front bedroom for you to use tonight. There should be some new toothbrushes under the sink in the bathroom. Will you need anything else before morning?" he asked.

"Just a glass of water," she answered.

"Glasses are in the cupboard to the right of the sink in the kitchen. Help yourself, please," he directed.

"Rose, do you need anything?" Alan asked, turning to her.

"Only you in our bed, Alan."

Wearily, they mounted the stairs and paused at his bedroom doorway. Julie soon climbed up with a glass of water in her hands, and Rose kissed her cheek as Julie hugged her mother. Then Julie hugged Alan as well, and he kissed her forehead. "Sleep tight," he admonished. "We'll get up when we get up." Julie acknowledged this with a nod, then made her way to the front bedroom.

Alan and Rose closed the bedroom door behind them and went to their respective sides of the new, bigger bed and quickly stripped to skin. They got under the covers and soon Rose was spooned by Alan, and they quickly went to sleep.

Julie found a Boy Scout Camp shirt of Tom's and stripped to panties and put it on. It smelled like him, and that was greatly comforting. Taking a big drink of water, she got into bed, pulled the covers up, and was asleep in about ten breaths.

= = =

David's condom re-clad cock was pressing on Maggie's quickly dampening and all-too-willing pussy. He was still spooning her and his hands were stroking and tweaking her breasts. The internal connection between her nipples and her pussy was busier than the I-5 between L.A. and Anaheim, and she was soon dripping with excitement. That made it so much simpler for David to thrust his hips forward and bury his cock in her pussy, to the delight of both of them. With David massaging her mammaries, plowing her pussy, and nuzzling her neck, Maggie came to a spasmodic orgasm rather quickly. Once she caught her breath, she began to dialogue with David.

"Oh, God, Davey! That was a WONDERFUL way to wake up." She wiggled her ass and realized he was still erect and inside her. "But, before we go any further, you should know that Mom texted me as we were going to sleep. Tom woke up last night before they left the hospital. They're keeping him overnight, but the expectation is that he'll be able to go home sometime today."

"That's a relief to know, Magpie. While he and I don't always see things eye to eye, I would never, ever wish anything bad to happen to him. We don't know anything aside from he was in a collision and was taken to the hospital."

"I don't wish to sound inconsiderate, but I need you to take me, Davey. Take me like you own me. You gave me all of you last night; now let me give you all of me. Claim me, fuck me, know that I am yours!"

With the slight decrease in sensitivity caused by the condom, David was not going to immediately orgasm, despite Maggie's incentivizing words and actions. But he did shift positions into a missionary position so he could look at her face and swaying tits while he plunged in and out of his girlfriend. He would periodically close his eyes so he could focus on the feeling of making love with her, then he would reopen his eyes to gaze passionately and lovingly at her face. When she would open her eyes, they would connect souls through their gazes. Maggie had another orgasm from his cock reaming her twat, and then he crested that hill and nothing, but nothing, could keep him from cumming, filling the condom, keeping her safe.

This experience with her was truly transforming for him. He loved her with his whole being. Her happiness and safety were now more important to him than his own. He allowed himself to be truly vulnerable to her. And that vulnerability was matched by her own. Never before had she allowed herself to be truly committed to anyone else. But she would now claw and scratch and fight anyone who tried to get between her and David. Both now had the capability of destroying the other.

Panting, David extracted himself from her, even though her body was reluctant to let him go. Looking over at her alarm clock, the time was now 7:30 and they needed to think about getting going. He carefully removed the condom and placed it in her wastebasket along with the earlier one. As he was standing beside her bed she took his slowly deflating cock in her mouth and did her very best to suck him clean. 'God, I love the taste of him,' she thought. Then he leaned down and kissed her, solidly, tongue prying her lips apart to taste a bit of himself on her.

"Morning breath and cum breath be damned! I love you, Margaret Kathleen Lawson!"

"And you, David Michael Harrison, are mine and only mine!" She levered herself out of bed and removed the negligee and took him by the hand. "Come take a shower with me?"

= = =

The doctor, along with the on-duty nurse, knocked on the door and entered Tom's room. He was already awake, lying in the bed which he had raised so he could sit up.

"And how are we this morning, Mr. Harrison?" the physician inquired.

"I don't know much about this 'we' stuff, doctor. I still feel a bit battered. Did my car survive?" Tom asked.

"I wouldn't know much about that, sir. May I listen to your heart and check your reactions?"

"Sure. Have at it."

Tom's respiration was fine, as was his heart. Blood pressure seemed acceptable and his pupils contracted quickly when the doctor shone a pencil light in his eyes.

"Any headache, ringing in the ears? No? Are you able to wiggle your fingers and your toes? Yes? Very good. I think we can let you get out of here before you are tortured by the hospital's lunch selection. However, I must ask you to endure breakfast." The doctor smiled at his humor. "I must leave you now and see others who need me a bit more. I recommend taking it easy for a day or three, Mr. Harrison."

"Thank you, doctor," Tom smiled.

"Scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, juice, and water. Sound acceptable?" the nurse inquired. "I do not recommend the oatmeal, however. I've heard it gets used in the pediatric section as paste in the afternoons."

"Could I please get a cup of black coffee as well?" Tom requested.

"Sure, Tom," the nurse said with a smile.

"Do we know each other?" Tom asked.

"I used to be Debra Collins, now Debra Wells," she said, flashing her wedding ring. "I was a year ahead of you in high school."

"Debra Collins! Of course. Good to see you, regardless of the circumstances. You look happy and well."

"I am, Tom. I am. Let me get your breakfast order submitted and I'll be back later to check you out... I mean get you checked out." She flushed a bit at her gaffe and beat a hasty retreat, leaving him alone with his thoughts.

His breakfast was delivered by an orderly and despite the lack of salt, it was an acceptable way to start the day. Now he just needed clothes and to get out of this place. He pressed the call button, and Debra returned after a couple of minutes.

"Yes, Tom? Do you need anything?"

"Yeah, Debra. May I have my phone, please? I need to get someone to bring me some clothing from home."

"Sure thing, Tom. It'll be a few minutes though."

He was finishing his cup of coffee (black) when Debra returned with his phone, then she had to hurry off to another patient.

He sent a text to Julie and to Alan, asking for clothing to wear home, but there was no immediate response.

= = =

Like Maggie, Rose awoke still spooned by her boyfriend with his cock stiffening and pressing on a very sensitive area. Unlike her daughter, Rose had intentions other than getting pounded.

"Hey, Alan."

"Hmmm?"

"Your cock feels wonderful, but there's something I need from you."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, I need you to treat me like a postage stamp."

"Treat you like a postage stamp?" Alan was unfamiliar with this reference.

"Yeah. You gotta lick me before you can stick me."

Alan burst out laughing at that. " 'Please don't throw me in the briar patch,' said Brer Rabbit to Brer Fox." Alan threw back the covers and quickly positioned himself between Rose's legs which just happened to be in the birthing position. She was lightly slapping her damp pussy with her left hand while beckoning Alan by crooking her right index finger. Deciding to have a little fun, he started by kissing and licking Rose's ankles, first the right one, then the left one. All too slowly for Rose's wishes, he inched up her legs, kissing, sucking, licking. When he got to her knees, she let out a giggle as she was more than just a little ticklish there. Her excitement mounted as he worked his way up her thighs until he could not stand it any longer. Rubbing his nose against her clit, his tongue poked into her pussy, slurping up all of her delectable emissions.

"Lick, lick, lick," he mumbled. Then he really surprised her by licking from her anus all the way to her clit, once, twice, three times. Rose grabbed Alan by his hair and pulled him up her body.

"Enough licking, lover. Now, STICK ME! Stick me, real good!! Make me know I'm yours!!"

Kissing her deeply, he broke free long enough to growl, "MINE!", which pushed her over the edge into an orgasm. "I'm YOURS," she howled, and Alan proceeded to stick her, over and over again until they were both sated.

Julie had woken up with the sunlight playing across her face. She lay there, realizing where she was, and she pulled the hem of the shirt up to her face and breathed in deeply. Tom. Rolling to her side, she looked at the alarm clock. 7:45 am. Time to get moving. She sat up and finished her glass of water, then stood and made her way to the bathroom. Finding the extra toothbrushes under the sink, she did an accelerated brush and flush routine, brushing while sitting and preparing to flush. She tried to untangle her hair by using her fingers as comb teeth, then exited. She quietly padded over to Alan's bedroom door and, hearing nothing, tapped lightly on the door.

"Come in, if you dare. There are adults in here who have enjoyed their morning coitus!" called her mother.

Shaking her head, ruefully, Julie opened the door to find Alan and Rose already dressed and laughing at her expression.

"Gotcha!" Rose said. "Go get dressed, Jules, and I'll get Alan to make the coffee. He said he'd already laid in enough creamer for the three of us. I'll call Mags and see that she brings us clothing for today and tomorrow."

Julie's hand jumped to her mouth. "Oh my god! We've got to take some clothing for Tom!" And she spun and dashed back to the front bedroom to get dressed herself as well as gather clothing for her boyfriend.

"It's more than just 'she's got it bad for him'. It's 'we've all got it bad for each other', you know, Rose."

Kissing Alan then snuggling into him, Rose said, "Yes, I know. And I'm so happy about it all. Now, let's go down and get some breakfast so we can go free Tom from the sadists posing as doctors and nurses."

Holding hands, they descended to the kitchen. Rose busied herself with toasting some bagels while Alan assumed the coffee-making duties. "You know," he began, "I'd been thinking that we should replace this coffee maker with yours. But now, we need to think of what Tom and Julie will need from our supply of things to properly outfit their apartment. There's no way they could even make it a weekend without a coffee maker." He sighed.

"Or a toaster, or silverware, or cookware..." Rose's voice trailed off. She had not been thinking about what it would take to combine the households, let alone what her daughter would need for her apartment. Then she reflected on Alan's stated plan to inventory her place this weekend (yeah, that idea got shot all to hell and back), and the lightbulb started to illuminate. 'Was he really thinking that far ahead?'

Julie appeared in the doorway to the kitchen while Rose busied herself with buttering the bagels and toasting more. Rather than ask, she poked into the cupboards to find the saucers to place the toasted bagels on and presented Alan and Julie with their bagels.

The coffee maker burbled and beeped, indicating the end of the brew cycle. Alan got out three coffee mugs then retrieved the flavored creamer from the refrigerator. Pouring two of the mugs a quarter full of the adulterating liquid, he proceeded to fill the three mugs with coffee, and he took the one without the contamination and sat at the kitchen table.

The three sat and ate their bagels and drank their coffee and generally got their day started. Rose called Maggie, putting her phone on speaker so Julie could contribute to the discussion. Sufficient underwear and casual clothes plus 'Sunday-go-to-Meeting' clothing was needed, and Rose and Julie specified what they wanted including footwear. Maggie kept assembling the requested clothing on the sofa while David just observed from the recliner, drinking his own coffee. He and Maggie promised to be on the road by 10:00 and to expect them around noon. There were still no details to be shared about what happened to put Tom in the hospital, but that was police business and that would surely be forthcoming.

The kitchen clock ticked closer and closer to 9:00 and Julie grew more anxious with each passing minute. Finally, she asked Rose for the car keys so she (Julie) could go to the hospital and Rose could ride with Alan when they got around to it. Then she stopped to think for a moment, and sheepishly asked Alan for directions from the house to the hospital. Alan smiled, knowingly, and offered to caravan. They were just locking the front door when Tom's delayed message came through to Alan's and Julie's phones. Julie replied they were on their way and they were bringing clothing.

= = =

David and Maggie had collected all the requested clothing and footwear and packed it in the back seat of the Jeep. A flash of inspiration struck David, and he grabbed the creamer from the refrigerator and asked Maggie if they had a small cooler. Maggie dug one out and they placed the creamer bottle in and thoroughly covered it with ice from the ice maker.

"Hey, Magpie, would you please come back into your room for a minute? I have to ask you about something," David requested.

After making sure the small cooler was by the front door, Maggie returned to her room where she was enfolded in an ardent and loving embrace. David held her face as he brought his lips to hers, and she eagerly met him halfway. They kissed for about five minutes, and then Maggie wanted to drag him down onto her bed again. David, however, remained strong and resolute and offered to have his way with her that night in his bed in Middleburg.

He then arched an eyebrow and asked if Maggie had taken her birth control pill that morning. Her hands flew to her face as it reddened, giving him an answer without words. She bolted for the bathroom to address that and to be sure the container was in her pocket. Sheepishly, she returned to her bedroom to see David staring at the Kitsune picture he'd done of and for her.

She came up behind him and wrapped her arms around his middle and burrowed her face into his back between his shoulder blades.

A very muffled "Thank you, Davey," sounded, and he squeezed her hands with his in acknowledgment.

She lifted her face from his shirt and wiggled around under his right arm, still holding onto him with both arms. "I see that every morning when I wake up and every night just before I go to bed. I can feel the emotion you put into doing that picture, just from a photo on Jules' phone. Are you sure you want to give that up?"

"I don't think you quite understand my situation, Magpie. I'm just not going to be doing art as a profession. It will still remain a hobby of mine. There's no way that will ever not be a part of me. It just won't be the primary work part."

"Even so, I think you have incredible talent, David. Thank you so very much for that tangible expression of you. I treasure it above all other things I have."

"I'm honored, Maggie, and so very pleased that you like it so much. When I was drawing and coloring that piece, I was practically out of my head with desire for you, and we'd never met. Yet, that desire I had is microscopic compared to my love for you now, and not just because of the wonderful sex we've had. You make me want to be the very best David I can be. Like the song says, ''Cause all of me loves all of you, Love your curves and all your edges; All your perfect imperfections.' Your curves and edges match where I lack, Maggie. Literally, you complete me. Thank you. I love you, truly, madly, completely."

David's words and sincerity had Maggie in tears. He was so good with words and understanding her. "And I love you too, David, truly, madly, completely."

They kissed again for a couple of minutes, then he said, "We promised to be there by noon. We've got to roll now, Magpie."

Turning off all the lights, David grabbed the cooler and Maggie locked the apartment, and they descended the stairs hand in hand to roll for Middleburg and their family.

= = =

Julie could not wait for Alan and Rose, and she hurried up the stairs and down the hall to Tom's room well ahead of them. Tapping on the door, she saw Tom wearing just his hospital gown and seated in the room's recliner. She pushed her way in, and Tom gave her an odd look, as if he did not know her. That brought her up short and she continued to approach him with a bit of trepidation.

"Tom?" she asked. "Is everything all right?"

"Yes, I'm Tom. Who are you? You look a lot like my Mom, but she's gone now." Tom's words conveyed confusion, and Julie's heart leaped into her throat.

"Tom? Honey love, it's me."

Then a snarky grin crossed his face and the confusion melted like ice cream in August. "It's about time you showed up, Jules. You have my clothes?"