Spiritual Crisis

Story Info
A seductive ghost complicates search for true love.
14.6k words
4.85
9.5k
20
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I was thirty when I bought my house, and I was lucky to find one. I was surprised to see this one on the market at such a reasonable price. It was an old house, to be sure, but it had been recently renovated and was very roomy. As a single man with no kids, it was way more house than I needed, but I was thinking about the future. It was too good to pass up. What followed from this was at times bizarre, erotic, and intensely emotional. It changed my life forever.

I got a hint and a warning about why the house was so affordable at the inspection. The seller was also the builder who had done the renovation. Apparently, the place had been unoccupied for a long time before he bought it. He showed up for the inspection in person, and he was a talker, so I learned a lot about the place. I got the impression that he couldn't wait to be rid of it. To believe his side of things, the renovation was an interminable series of misfortunes. Tools went missing, workers had minor accidents, pipes broke, and fuses blew. The builder was convinced that the place was cursed.

I didn't believe in superstitious nonsense, so I thought that was silly. If this guy was going to let fairy tales affect his judgment, I was happy to be the benefactor. The inspector I hired assured me that the pipes and wiring were upgraded during the renovation and there were no major problems. The inspector did say he didn't like the way the HVAC system was installed, but it wasn't unsafe, and it was presently functioning. I was perfectly happy to move forward. We closed in the middle of July. Unfortunately, the hottest part of the summer was on the way, and I would soon wish I had insisted on repairing the air conditioning.

I didn't notice anything unusual right away. Like I said, I didn't believe in superstitious nonsense, so I was probably ignoring the signs. The move in was uneventful and I had things how I wanted them within a week or so. I was pretty excited for this major milestone in my life. I was thinking that turning thirty meant it was time to settle down, get a place of my own, and try to find a serious relationship. I wanted a family before long. I wasn't having luck with the serious relationship, so the place of my own would have to do for now. I also figured owning a home might help me show potential partners that I was mature and responsible. Well, owning this particular house was not going to make it easier to meet anyone.

I had the first inkling of something wrong one night while I was sitting and reading a book in the first-floor sitting room. I was feeling a little lonely that night. I wished I had invited a friend over or made plans to go out. I'm usually very introverted and happy for time alone, but I had a funny unwell feeling. I heard some loud thumping and banging noises coming from upstairs. This freaked me out, because I was alone in the house, or at least I thought. I entered 911 in the keypad of my phone and had my finger poised on the dial button. I grabbed my bat from the closet and went to check out the noise. After nervously searching the whole house, I found nothing. I concluded it must be rodents or something in the walls. I made an appointment with an exterminator. Two days later, I was annoyed when he told me there wasn't anything wrong. What was that noise then?

By August, I was getting frustrated. A plumber found nothing to cause a banging in the pipes and the electrician said there was no reason I kept finding lights turned on. I was going to go broke paying for technicians to tell me there was nothing wrong.

One evening in late summer, I went on a blind date a coworker had arranged. I told the girl about my new-home frustrations. She listened with wide eyes and promptly pronounced that I had a ghost. Internally, I was pretty scornful of this statement, but I was polite for the rest of the evening. The date went well otherwise, but I was noncommittal when she brought up the idea of getting together again. Silly superstitions! I couldn't get past that and we didn't go out again.

After another week, something definitely was broken in the house. The air conditioning went out on one of the hottest days of the year. In a bizarre way, I was happy to have a problem with a solution rather than more unanswered questions. I was less thrilled later when I got the bill for the repair, but it didn't make me as angry as the unexplained noises.

I didn't realize I had an issue with the air until after work when I came home to a sweltering house. Unfortunately, the technician wasn't able to come right away. Being such a hot day, they were busy with a high volume of calls. It was going to be a long, hot night for me and possibly more than one.

It was one of those still, hot, sticky nights where the temperature never dropped much, even after sundown. I watched TV with a fan blowing in my face, but I was soaked with sweat. When I trudged up to my room, I didn't think I would get much sleep at all.

I opened the window and put the fan on its highest setting. The shorts and t-shirt that I typically wear to bed were soon drenched with sweat. I took them off and laid down in my underwear. In a final act of desperation, I slid them down and kicked them away. The slight breeze from the fan blowing over my naked form did seem to offer some relief. I finally managed to doze off well after midnight.

Despite being unable to fall asleep much of the night, I had pleasant dreams, or so I thought at the time. I was in that ambiguous place between sleeping and wake. I was having an erotic dream, but I was conscious enough to realize that it was a dream. A young woman, probably in her early twenties, was sitting on the edge of my bed with her hand on my cock. I was hard, and she was pumping her hand up and down. I was breathing deeply as I rapidly felt a pleasurable sensation build up in my cock and burst forth as she jerked me to ejaculation. I woke as I felt myself coming. Reaching down, I found a pool of semen on my stomach and I groaned with internal embarrassment.

I grabbed some tissues from the nightstand and wiped up the mess. Geez, I thought, I hadn't had a wet dream in years. It was not a normal occurrence for me. What a sad testament to the state of my love life. As I took my morning shower, I resolved to redouble my efforts to get out more and meet someone. That being said, I did go through my day with a smile on my face after the pleasing dream and the release.

From the day of that erotic dream, there was an indescribable change in my mood around the house. The banging upstairs and the funny electrical problems seemed to resolve. I felt more comfortable, more at home. In the evening, when I was reading or watching TV alone in the sitting room, I never felt lonely anymore. I had the same cozy feeling I used to get when I would sit with my ex and read at night by her fireplace. Sometimes, when I was out of the house -- never when I was home -- I worried about whether I was becoming too much of a homebody. That comfortable feeling was keeping me from getting out to meet up with friends or go on dates. Several weeks went by and this warm feeling in the house continued to grow conversely with a nagging feeling of isolation.

It wasn't until the air conditioning went out again on another very hot night that I started to realize that something truly abnormal was going on in this house. It wasn't just the fact that the air conditioning failed again. I was perfectly ready to believe that the technician had screwed up, but what followed was undeniably unnatural, unless I was going out of my mind.

In my hot bedroom, I decided to sleep in the nude again. As I drifted off, the faint whisperings of the air moving over my naked skin were once again a pleasant sensation on an otherwise unpleasant night. Outside the open window, the sound of the crickets was loud in stifling air.

At first, I thought I was just having a reoccurrence of my pleasing erotic dream. I saw the young woman again. She was sitting nude on the edge my bed. As before, she had her hand wrapped around my cock and she was stroking. It was responding to her touch and swelling to its full erect size and hardness. I smiled as I recognized the dream. A moment later, I frowned. If I knew it was a dream, then it would soon be over as I regained full consciousness. I groaned because I wanted to come now that I was turned on. The last time, the erotic dream and the nocturnal emission had been more fulfilling than jerking off ever was. The hand slid loosely over my sensitive flesh and I moaned again.

I was fully awake then. Opening my eyes, the image of the woman was gone, but the feeling remained. It must be my imagination, I thought, but I could still feel the hand. I shook my head to clear away any cobwebs of sleep. It was still dark outside and the crickets still chirped loudly. I was definitely alone in my familiar bed in my room, but it felt like there was a hand on my cock.

"What the fuck?" I said out loud. My heart raced. I shivered and my body was covered in goosebumps despite the steamy weather. I could distinctly feel a hand on my cock and the trace of the arm draped across my leg.

What was happening to me? Was it a psychotic episode? Was this a physical manifestation of something wrong medically? The feeling of a moving hand stopped, but it still felt like I was being gripped lightly at the base of my cock. I was about to jump out of the bed when I felt something more on my manhood that kept me riveted to the spot. It was a mouth, I realized with a gasp. It was delightful. I felt the moist lips parting and engulfing my swollen head. The tongue was there too, swirling with warm saliva.

"Oh, shit," I mumbled, as she took in more of my hard cock. I knew it was the young woman from my dream. I just knew it. But it wasn't a dream. She was really here. I felt a panic rising and I was having trouble controlling my breathing. My heart was racing and I could feel my pulse in my head. As the panic attack grew, I felt dizzy. My fingers tingled. I sat up slightly and braced myself on my elbows. I wanted to scream or run as adrenaline coursed through my system, but all I could do was moan again as I felt her take my cock completely into her mouth. "Fuck, that feels good," I groaned, though I didn't know if she could hear me.

I took a deep slow breath and mastered my lungs. Flexing my fingers repeatedly, I tried to tamp down the panic. I grabbed the bedsheet and held it hard in two balled-up fists. Nothing bad or painful was happening to me, I told myself. There was no reason to believe I was in danger. I needed to regain control. The unseen woman was moving her mouth on my cock now. She was holding it upright by the base while she worked her mouth sweetly up and down my rod. I thought again about whether I should be trying to get away, but some animal part of my brain wanted to stay and allow the building pleasure in my groin to explode in an orgasm. The lust won over and I laid back flat on the bed. As if she could sense my internal struggle to know my own mind, I felt her place a soothing hand on my thigh. It massaged my gently and reassuringly. I closed my eyes and tried to relax my body.

With my eyes closed, I could see her there. The image of her kneeling on the bed with her head bobbing on my cock was vivid, but the rest of the image in my head was blurry and indistinct. Only she and I were focused. I grunted and lifted my hips to meet her mouth and I felt her try to take in the rest of my cock briefly before she went back to bobbing up and down.

"Oh, yeah. That's so good," I encouraged her. "Keep going," I begged. In my head, I saw her lift her face and look me in the eye while she sucked me. Her bright eyes glinted with her excitement and lust.

I opened my eyes. I could no longer see her, but the feel of her mouth and her hand remained. What's more, I could feel the weight of her body as she leaned over me. I reached down to place my hand where the back of her head should be, but I only grasped at the empty air. I couldn't see her, and if I tried to hold her, there was nothing there. But I could still feel the sensation of her mouth and her hands on me. Closing my eyes again, I saw her still looking at me while she sucked. Her gaze was indescribably sexy. She released my cock from her mouth and lifted her head to smile at me. Her hand kept pumping my cock. Reaching forward, I ran a hand through her hair and felt it on my hand.

Were the images I saw when I closed my eyelids a product of my imagination? Or was she somehow projected into my mind's eye? I didn't know. I never was able to figure that out, but the physical sensations I felt when my eyes were closed matched what I saw in my head.

The woman had once again engulfed my cock with her lips. The warm massage of her wet mouth was fantastic. She was stroking me fast while she sucked now, and I felt the climax approaching. I was groaning and wriggling as she worked. When she reached a hand to lightly massage my tingling balls, it was over.

"Fuck," I grunted involuntarily. "Fuck, that feels so good." I felt the first wave of cum splash into her mouth as the muscles in my groin hummed and pulsed. More cum followed as further waves of pleasure built up and were spent. She slurped it up as she kept sucking without stopping. "Oh God," I stammered as the feeling became overwhelming, "that was so great." I closed my eyes again. She finally released my sated manhood and grinned at me. With a seductive wave, she stood up and moved toward the door. As she moved away, her image was fuzzy and then she was gone. I lay in the bed for a full minute as I caught my breath. There was no one there with me now; no presence I could feel. Reaching down, there was a little pool of cum around my cock. Though it had felt like she had swallowed it, the cum was actually still on my body.

After a few days, I tried to convince myself I hadn't really felt what I thought I had felt. The part of my mind that is rational and orderly rebelled against my senses and my instincts. As summer gave way to fall, I worked up my resolve again to get out more to break myself out my funk.

I was lucky to meet Meghan on a night out with some old college friends. She had tailed along with a good friend of mine. Mandy was quick to introduce us and then disappeared toward the bar.

"You must be who I came here to meet," Meghan said.

"What? No, I think you must be mistaken. I wasn't waiting for someone," I said. I gestured toward the knot of my friends by the bar. "I was just meeting up with them, But I guess someone is a lucky guy if you are being set up with him."

She was rather pretty, and I did think that whoever she was being set up was lucky, but I probably wouldn't have been so casual if I thought it was me. I just thought I was being kind.

Meghan laughed. "Then I guess you're lucky," she said.

"How's that?

"Because, I am pretty sure that you are who I am supposed to meet."

"No one said anything about introducing me to someone."

"But your friend Mandy is who invited you to come out tonight, right?"

"Well, yeah, but . . ."

"And your name is Michael, right?"

"Uh, yes, Michael Sullivan, but . . . "

"Then she may not have said anything to you, but Mandy told me to come out and meet her friend Michael. So, I think you are the guy." Meghan had a very amused smile.

"Oh. Wow, she's sneaky." I laughed out loud.

"So, you think you're lucky to be set up with me? That's an interesting statement. Why do you think so?" She had a bit of a sly grin.

"Oh, well, I . . . uh . . . obviously I think you're cute."

"Well, thank you," she said, still grinning. "You don't look terrible yourself." I laughed again.

"Maybe its beneficial to start out knowing what we both think."

"We'll see," she said with a shrug. "I might just start walking up to guys and telling them they're cute if this goes okay." I laughed even harder.

"What I want to know," I said, "is why Mandy told you she wanted to introduce us and not me?"

"Maybe she knows your habits. Would you have come out if it was a blind date?"

I laughed again and shook my head. "Probably not. I get set up a lot and it usually isn't a great time."

"See?" said Meghan. "Mandy's no fool."

"I guess so."

"So, are you sorry you came?"

"Definitely, not. Can you I get you a drink?"

"I thought you would never ask."

Meghan and I had a drink together and then a few more. She was as funny and intelligent as she was cute, and we had a great chemistry. Her smile and bright eyes were captivating. She looked great in a bright flower-pattern dress. I was imagining taking her home.

When I confessed that I was a bit of an introvert who would rather spend the night reading a book than out at the bar. Meghan smiled and nodded.

"I couldn't agree more. I like spending time with friends, but I don't really like a crowded place. What I really like the best is spending time with the right person." She glanced around her as she said this at the crowd in the bar that was getting heavier as the night went on. From pervious nights at this bar, I knew that soon the lights would be turned down and the music turned up as the place got rowdier. This was about the time I usually made my way home.

Meghan read my mind. "I think it is getting a bit tight in here now. Would you like to walk out with me?"

"Sure. Let me say goodbye to my friends and I'll go with you." I was thinking about how best to invite her to come back with me. I was feeling a little turned on after a few drinks and several hours with a pretty girl. I said my farewells and walked out with Meghan.

We walked together and chatted as far as the point where we would logically part ways. I offered to walk her all the way back to her place.

Meghan saw exactly what I had in mind. She smiled and laughed and said, "You were lucky to meet me, but not that kind of lucky tonight, I'm afraid. Give me your phone." She held out her hand. I gave her my phone and she quickly put her number into it. She leaned in so that I could give her a kiss on the cheek and then we said goodbye. I watched her go until she turned the next corner.

Ugh! It was a promising night out, and I was very pleased, but I was also very horny as I made my way back to the house. I was already planning to relieve my arousal as soon as I got into the door.

I went straight to my room and started shedding my clothes. I snatched my laptop off the side table and found a sexy video to watch. It featured a college cheerleader having sex in her uniform, which is one of my favorite fantasies.

Laying on the bed, I slid my underwear off my hips and palmed my hard cock. I lightly twisted my hand over the tip and saw a bead of cum already glinting there. I started to stroke my hard dick. What I really wanted was sex. This would have to do. I moaned as I started to stroke myself faster.

Suddenly, I stopped. I had a wicked idea. Maybe it was even a dangerous idea; I simply didn't know. I let go of my cock and I laid back on the bed. I shut the laptop, slipped my underwear all the way off, and slightly spread my legs. My cock was straining at the sky and the precum dripped down my shaft. I was aching to finish, but I waited. The only sound was my breath as I strained to listen and to feel. For a moment, it seemed like nothing would happen. I was disappointed and about to reach down and finish myself off when I felt it.

My hair stood on end and my skin was all goosebumps as I gasped in surprise. Even though I had been hoping she would be there, it was still shocking to feel the first invisible touch. Her hand was there on my thigh. She had lightly touched me, almost as if to let me know of her presence.

"I'm so hard," I whispered in the empty room. "Can you help me?"

I heard no answer, but the hand slid over my thigh to my groin. The fingers lightly swirled around the base of my cock, and I inhaled sharply. As the hand moved on my cock, I groaned again.