All Comments on 'Spiritual Crisis'

by Northstar4695

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The reason for Emily’s aura to leave is a bit fuzzy, but otherwise a five star story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you for this wonderful story. You blended loneliness with the growth of true love. This is a story that reflects the good aspects of Halloween. You have given those who read your story a gift. K

G5902G5902over 1 year ago

This is a fantastic story! I believe that this story has a good chance of wining the contest! Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written story that was an enjoyable read. Hope you have some more. I had a late friend who lived in a house that had a ghost. I don’t think there was an erotic connection ( which wouldn’t have surprised me) but she had a close bond with what she called “the presence”.

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 1 year ago

Thoroughly enjoyed this story! There’s also a proper story arc, which I really like, although as previously commented on, you’ve skated over the reason for Emily leaving. I could see her staying until her friend Edith passed on and then them leaving together, that detail stands out as needing a more explanation to me. I’m surprised you didn’t bring in some form of communication with her, other than nods or shakes of a head on a shoulder, if Emily has the ability to pinch a bum she can probably move letters around on a board, which could have allowed more chat and possibly included Edith as well. I liked the inclusion of the local research and the school photo though, that was a nice touch, as was the naming of their daughter.

Many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

Northstar4695Northstar4695over 1 year agoAuthor

Good comments! The questions raised can be answered somewhat by the POV of the narrator. He is not omniscient, so as far as why Emily left, he can only guess. I was attempting to imply that she was denied the chance in life to form serious romantic relationships and forming them in limbo fulfilled the reason she was not at rest.

I struggled with communication, because I didn't want her to talk. It made life harder for the narrator and increased opportunity for misunderstanding. She cannot move objects physically. The people perceived her touch and aura, but you will note she doesn't manipulate objects. Sounds in the house and AC damage were caused by energy, not moving objects. Sign language would not work because her image in their minds was disorienting. Again, I chose not to explain in detail because the narrator can only guess at how it works.

I'm so glad you enjoyed! Feedback is so appreciated,

Cali_LoveCali_Loveover 1 year ago

You are very good. The appeal of your writing to me is the nice turn of phrase. Colorful language. No "Fun With Dick and Jane" vernacular. OK, so that's just the technical. What is really great is that it is a fun story, and you make it fun at every turn. Wrapped up with closure. HEA. I could feel the love, and ended up in love with the characters myself. Cheers!

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Thoroughly enjoyable. Nice touch of the supernatural without being macabre.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is a special piece. Made my dick hard and my heart ache. Was Edith in the room licking Emily to orgasm when the fire started all those years ago?

DarkRaven13DarkRaven13over 1 year ago

This was both a beautiful piece of writing and a beautiful story. I knew it had to somehow end the way it did...and you got there in the most gentle way.

Wash2015Wash2015over 1 year ago

Fantastic story!

ScottishTexanScottishTexanover 1 year ago

A most EXCELLENT tale. I'd say that it runs a very close parallel to my own entry for the Halloween 2022 event. We BOTH wrote Polyamorous Ghost stories!😉

So far, in my humble opinion, I have seen only two stories other than my own that were worthy of votes higher than a one. Yours and one other. I have been truly disappointed and disgusted with the majority of submissions this year! A total collection of trash!

So a huge THANK YOU for giving us something worthy of the time spent reading it! Good luck with the contest!

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2IC9 months ago

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this touching story. Thank you for the time and effort you put into writing it.

BufoAmericanusBufoAmericanus8 months ago

Thank You!

A very imaginative and well written story!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNorthstar4695@Northstar4695
The North Star is a guide to explorers, sailors, soldiers, wanderers, travelers, and all lovers of the outdoors. If it guided you to my stories, I suppose you might be one of these.

SIMILAR Stories