Ch. 01 - Spots and Stripes

Story Info
A hypnotic serpent woman tests Chloe's predatorial instincts.
10.4k words
4.31
6.6k
11

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 04/10/2024
Created 02/10/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note(s): This story exists in the same world as my last work, "Spider's Web." Here, we follow two new characters, Chloe and Daisy, on their misadventures through the Rhind Jungle. I've really enjoyed writing in a fantasy setting as it gives me the freedom to tell slightly more absurd/lighthearted stories. I already have several more stories planned involving these two, as well as more of Aster and Demeter (in addition to continuing Homeomorphism, of course).

As you can see below, I decided to include an "almanac" which contains some information about relevant places and things within the story. While it is certainly not necessary to understand the story, I thought it would be fun to write anyway.

Being a tale of hypnosis, this story contains dubcon.

As always, constructive criticism is welcome, and support over on my Patreon is always appreciated.

Hope you enjoy!

***

THE TRAVELER'S ALMANAC (annotated)

Geography

Derian: Fourth planet from the Formund Star, and the only habitable planet in its solar system, Derian is home to countless creatures and ecosystems spread across two great lands.

Cantalia: The larger of Derian's great lands, Cantalia encompasses eight distinct biomes and six kingdoms (Kyrie, the seventh kingdom, being absorbed into Halpheria after the Great Plains War)

Eros: The third and largest kingdom in Cantalia. Home to a diversity of habitats and landmarks such as the Rhind Jungle, the Shay Mountains, and the Great Dredge, it is a popular, albeit dangerous location for many adventurers. The "unprovoked slaughter, assault, or enslavement" of Traalphia has been outlawed throughout all of Eros. Chloe is native to the Rhind Jungle

Urnhaven: A town on the outskirts of the Rhind Jungle, it is the only developed settlement within 200 miles, making it a popular location for weary travelers. Due to its seclusion, Urnhaven is subject to little oversight by the military police and has rightfully garnered a reputation as a particularly immoral town.

Mereville: A merchant's town located at the junction of the Fria and Gates rivers. Just beyond the border of Eros, this is a popular location to buy and sell beast-kin. Daisy, held captive, was being transported to Mereville when she escaped into the Rhind Jungle

Thimble Grasslands: A small grasslands forest along the border of the Lan-Tuk Kingdom, this is a popular location to capture Traalphia. Daisy is native to the Thimble Forest

Creatures

Traalpher (pl. traalphia): Colloquially referred to as beast-kin, these creatures exhibit animal characteristics (both physical and behavioral) on humanoid bodies. Approximately 10% of the population display traditional male genitalia and reproductive capabilities, although they appear female in all other regards. These traalphia are colloquially referred to as stallions, while their counterparts are referred to as mares. There are currently 27 identified traalpher species. Their origins are unknown, although archaic texts suggest they may be the product of millennia-old ritualistic sorcery. Traalphia have a difficult time controlling their animalistic impulses, leading to widespread distrust and ostracization, especially in regards to predatory traalphia. They tend to live in the wild, in their natural habitats, with others of their species. Due to their exotic nature, traalphia are often hunted for their pelts, as trophies, for prestige, for sexual purposes, etc., although this practice has been outlawed in three of Cantalia's six kingdoms.

Hespher (pl. hesphia): Traalphia that exhibit snake-like qualities, most often in the form of a serpentine tail and a forked tongue. Colloquially referred to as snake-kin, Hesphia are considered one of the most dangerous traalphia.

Dunpher (pl. dunphia): Traalphia that exhibit rabbit-like qualities, most often in the form of additional ears atop the creature's head, a tail, and paws instead of feet. Colloquially referred to as rabbit-kin, Dunphia are friendly, fun loving, and harmless, and as such are one of the more favorably looked upon traalphia, although it is still common practice to enslave Dunphia for sexual purposes. Daisy is a Dunpher

Levinpher (pl. levinphia): Traalphia that exhibit jaguar-like qualities, most often in the form of additional ears atop the creatures head, a tail, and paws instead of feet. Colloquially referred to as jaguar-kin, Levinphia reside primarily in jungles and are solitary creatures from a young age. Chloe is a levinpher

Fiend (pl. fiends): A malicious entity capable of sorcery in the form of latent persuasion, or "hypnosis." Fiends generally employ latent persuasion in the form of hypnotic eyes, pheromones, or voices, although there are reports of countless alternative methods. Fiends are born when an existing species' pregnancy has been imbued with magic (differing from demons, which are born of magic itself, or succubi, which are creatures imbued with magic through ritual at any point after birth). This process a) causes the fiend to appear as an ordinary creature, and b) prevents the fiend from aging beyond maturity and results in longer lifespans, although typically not any longer than twice the species' typical lifespan.

***

"Okay, try these," Daisy said with a perky smile, holding out a handful of ripe crownberries and bouncing up and down on her toes excitedly.

Chloe returned Daisy's offer with a tired groan. "It's going to taste the same."

"Come onnn," the bunnygirl pleaded, shaking her hands lightly, deep purple drops of juice falling to the forest floor beneath. "Just one? I promise, they're delicious!"

Chloe lifted her hand with a sigh, plucking a single berry from the pile in front of her face and tossing it into her mouth. It only stayed there for a moment before the jaguar-kin spat it back out, swatting at her tongue in disgust.

"Oh, you big baby," Daisy rolled her eyes and fell back onto her heels, pouring the berries into her own mouth messily, many of them falling to the ground around her, making soft patters as they landed on the dry leaves.

"I told you, I can't help it," Chloe grumbled, her tone exasperated.

"Well, I don't want to watch you kill another deer. It scares me." Daisy wiped stained hands across her tunic then held them out, offering to help Chloe up from the rock she had been using as a makeshift seat. Chloe swatted them away and stood up.

"I'll just eat in town."

"I thought you said Urnhaven wasn't beast friendly."

"They'll be friendly to you. And I can cover up enough to go unnoticed for a night or two."

The tall bunny ears atop Daisy's head drooped slightly. She knew what Chloe meant by "friendly."

"Now come on, your berry picking cost us an hour. We should try to get there before it gets dark."

The travelers made good time, arriving in Urnhaven just before sunset. Chloe had tucked her ears beneath a hood and drawn a cloak over her spotted tail and paws. She did her best to repress hungry glances at the horses and oxen (and occasional human child) that crossed their path, keeping her focus on the tavern ahead.

As they ventured inside, Daisy was met with many peering eyes, some of them uncomfortable, but most of them leering. Rabit-kin had had a particular reputation around the six kingdoms, something Daisy learned quickly on her journey. Chloe ushered the blushing bunnygirl to a corner table, eager for the two of them to get out of sight before anyone began to wonder why the rabbit-kin was being accompanied by a conveniently cloaked companion.

"What'll it be?" A stout, hairy man took their order, making no effort to hide his gaze as he peered down Daisy's cleavage.

"Um..." Daisy began.

"We'll both have lamb stew."

"No lamb. Only mutton." The man grumbled.

"That's fine."

The man waddled away with a grunt.

"Mutton?" Daisy whispered angrily.

"Relax, it's for me. I'm hungry. You'll eat all my vegetables."

"I don't like stew vegetables! They're soggy."

"If you'd like to order something else, feel free." Chloe signaled to the bar where several slovenly men were looking their way.

Daisy sighed and sank deeper into her chair with acceptance.

Chloe devoured her portion of their dinner hungrily, clawing large chunks of meat from wooden bowls and nearly swallowing them whole, a display that would be considered unusual anywhere but Urnhaven. Daisy was far less enthusiastic, scooping out the soft pieces of carrots or celery with a spoon and nibling at them reluctantly. By the time Chloe had finished, Daisy was ready to leave as well, deciding that she had eaten enough berries and grain along the road to satisfy her for the night. The hooded woman haphazardly tossed two silver coins on the table and the two of them snuck out the back door.

They walked quickly to a small, rundown inn at the edge of town, selected not only because it was all they could afford, but because such an innkeeper was in no position to turn away a paying customer.

As the two of them settled into their small, dilapidated room, Daisy was reminded of something Chloe had mentioned several days earlier.

"I want to visit the Crystal Pools tomorrow!"

"No. We need to leave early if we're going to make it to the sage clearing by tomorrow night."

Daisy threw herself onto the bed with a groan. "Come on! We can stay an extra day."

Chloe wasn't paying much attention to her companion's pleading as she tore the sheets from her bed and laid her sleeping bag atop the bare mattress. "We don't have time, Daisy. The high moon is in 28 days. My silver is also running low."

Daisy crossed her arms with a huff, pouting at the back of Chloe's head. "We can travel quickly! And...and I can pay for the extra night!"

Chloe turned around with a look of patronizing disbelief.

"I'm serious! I have enough to pay for another night."

"And what about more food?"

"I...you..." Daisy sat up, flashing her big, brown bunny eyes at Chloe. "Pleeease Chloe? I won't ask for anything else ever again! I just want to see them! Just once!"

Chloe did her best to stare down Daisy's pleading eyes. They were the eyes of a creature Chloe would typically hunt, wide and helpless. An open invitation to attack. To feast. But when Daisy looked at her, for reasons she still didn't understand, Chloe felt something different. Something...sweeter. The deep brown of the bunnygirl's eyes became bottomless pools of nectar, trapping Chloe in their warmth and drowning her in innocence. The helplessness looked almost endearing.

"Fine," she grumbled, slouching in defeat. Daisy, still seated on the bed, began to bounce up and down happily. "But just a small one. The big ones are too crowded."

Daisy leaned forwards and grabbed Chloe by the hands, pulling her forcefully onto the bed and wrapping her in a warm, pillowy hug. Chloe made an effort to squirm free but found herself too exhausted to escape, relaxing into Daisy's embrace.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"Mmmfmm," was the only sound Chloe could make in response, her face planted firmly between Daisy's ample breasts.

***

Chloe didn't sleep. Although the slaughter of Traalphia had been outlawed in Eros, the jaguar-kin knew such laws didn't guarantee her safety, especially not in a town like this. The men of Urnhaven were salacious, greedy, dishonest, and, above all, desperate - willing to risk a run in with the law if it meant sex, money, or glory.

But it wasn't just Urnhaven that kept her awake - Chloe hadn't slept much at all since meeting Daisy. The jungle was a dangerous environment, teeming with ferocious and carnivorous creatures, each more eager than the last to feast on the flesh of a creature as tender as Daisy. To ensure the bunnygirl's safety, as well as her own, Chloe had become increasingly vigilant, the snap of a twig enough to wake her from dreamless slumber.

By the time the morning sun was peeking through their window, the jaguar-kin was having trouble keeping her eyes open. Every so often she would jolt upright, realizing that her eyelids had drifted closed on their own in desperate search of relief, her brain too foggy to realize until the gentle caress of sleep teased her aching flesh. In an effort to wake herself up, she decided to venture into town and purchase supplies, taking special care to barricade the door and leave through the window in case any curious travels went searching for the bunnygirl they saw the night prior. She stopped to see a tailor, an herbalist, a blacksmith, and, most importantly, a butcher, returning to the inn close to noon, just as Daisy was waking up. Dunphia were notoriously sleepy creatures.

The travelers left shortly thereafter, leaving all but their canteens and a map behind and dropping off a second night's payment on their way out. The pools weren't far, a short hike up a nearby mountain, but, per Chloe's instruction, the two beast-kin ventured far beyond the those typically frequented by weary travelers in search of one that would offer them complete privacy.

Daisy's steps were bouncy and energetic, just as would be expected of a bunny, completely unable to mask her excitement as their destination grew near. Chloe's steps, on the other hand, were slow and lethargic, trying as best she could to keep pace through bleary eyes and a rumbling stomach. She just wanted to rest. An entirely sleepless night had taken a bigger toll on her than she expected.

"Oh. My. Gods." Daisy's voice squeaked excitedly, snapping Chloe out of her tired haze.

The jaguar-kin looked to her right, following Daisy's eyeline to a small clearing in the trees, beyond which the icy blue water of a crystal pool was visible.

"Let's go a little further. Somebody might stumble across this one."

"No! This one is perfect!"

Chloe opened her mouth to protest but found that she was too tired. "...okay."

"Yippie!"

Daisy grabbed Chloe by the wrist and tugged her playfully towards the clearing. As the trees parted around them, Chloe realized why Daisy wanted this one. The pool was small, not much larger than a stable, but it was surrounded by tall, lush green foliage and an array of beautiful, multicolored flowers, a striking difference to the more barren pools lower on the mountain. There was a sheer cliff face wrapping around the back of the pool, from which flowed a gentle waterfall, causing the azure water of the pool to ripple hypnotically, almost sparkling. Even in her exhausted state, Chloe could recognize its beauty, and it was only made better by the look of unadulterated awe filling Daisy's face.

With lethargic movement and weak hands, Chloe peeled off her cloak and tossed it to the side, sighing with relief as her ears and tail were set free from their tight confine.

Daisy wasted no time before stripping off her own clothes, eager to submerge herself in the refreshing water. She tugged her tight pants over the soft, jiggly flesh of her thighs and pulled her shirt over bouncing breasts. In her periphery, she could see Chloe stealing glances.

"It's okay, you can look."

Chloe quickly turned away with a dismissive grunt, making Daisy giggle. The rabbit-kin stepped backwards into the water with a soft splash.

"Come on," she called, her voice sweet and beckoning.

"I think I'll keep an eye on the trail."

Chloe took a seat on a rock by the cliff face, trying her best to keep her gaze fixed on the trail and not on the curvaceous, naked bunnygirl cooing invitations behind her. It felt so comfortable to sit down. To finally relax. To let her eyes drift closed. Chloe's slouched as the warm embrace of slumber began to wrap itself around her.

"Hey, sleepyhead!"

Chloe's eyes shot back open, and she straightened herself up.

With a grin, Daisy fell backwards into the water, letting herself sink to the bottom. She stayed there as long as she could, listening to the muffled crashing of the waterfall above her as the rippling of the pool teased her body with a soothing caress and her limbs floated weightlessly around her. Everything was so gentle beneath the water's surface. So peaceful. For a moment, the bunnygirl felt like she was back home, basking blissfully in the sun, the sound of her sisters playing in the distance traveling on the gentle breeze, the scent of spices in the air.

Daisy ran her fingers over the scar on her abdomen.

The bunnygirl popped back up with a splash, shaking the water from her tall fuzzy ears and short fluffy tail with fluttering twitches.

"Gods, Chloe, the water is incredible!"

Daisy wiped the water from her eyes and looked up at the rock where Chloe had been seated just a moment ago.

"Even a cat like you must-"

The seat was empty, and Chloe was nowhere to be found.

"...Chloe?"

***

Far above the pool, in the dense jungle canopy, Chloe was being hoisted up by a thick, slippery rope. The jaguar-kin fought to break free, thrashing wildly. The rope was wrapped impossibly tight around her waist, trapping her hands, and claws, beneath, immobilizing her. She tried to bite at it, but she couldn't get her fangs anywhere close. Whoever lassoed her had done so expertly.

Whoever...

Poachers. It had to be poachers. Chloe imagined Daisy, bathing innocently below, entirely defenseless, and she felt a new wave of panic wash over her. She needed to escape. With all her might, Chloe fought against the rope, trying to break free, a startled yelp escaping her lips as she felt it unexpectedly give way.

Chloe was falling. She had no idea how high up she was, but she knew she was high. She needed to grab onto a branch or a vine or-

Thud.

Chloe hit soft dirt, knocking the wind out of her. She had only been falling for a second, maybe two. Frantically, she stood up, spinning around defensively, looking for any sign of the men that had abducted her. She saw none.

What she did see was a cliffs edge, sheer and plummeting, not more than two steps away. Frightened and delirious, the jungle cat stumbled backwards, bumping into the same cold, slick rope that had been squeezing her so tightly a moment ago. She spun back around, ready to pounce.

Suddenly, like the white-hot flash of sundust, Chloe became aware of the reality of her situation. It wasn't rope. It was a tail. A long, slippery tail, hanging from the trees. It was a vibrant, putrid green, and wrapped in darker green stripes. Chloe knew the jungle better than she knew herself. There were no hesphia this far east. The only other creature capable of possessing such an appearance was a fiend.

With life-threatening urgency, Chloe turned around and bolted towards the cliffs edge. She didn't know what she would do after she jumped, but she knew that those who hesitated in the presence of a fiend were those who didn't survive.

Chloe leaped, quickly identifying a tree onto which she could cling and crawl her way back down, but before she could reach it, she felt a thick coil catch her by the stomach and toss her back atop the cliff. As quickly as she could, Chloe stood back up and began to sprint in the other direction, away from the cliff's edge, hoping that her agility would allow her to duck a weave her way through any oncoming coils. She managed to avoid the first two, sliding under the first and slipping through the clutches of the second, but countless more dropped down before her, creating an impenetrable net that was quickly closing in. Chloe twisted to the side, kicking up dirt and sprinting in a new direction, quickly realizing that there were coils draped there too. In fact, there were coils draped everywhere. Chloe stopped dead in her tracks, realizing that running was no longer an option.