Stand for Love Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nicholas' jaw dropped and his eyes widened. There was no way Adrian was related to Jake and his family. They were rich and classy while Adrian was...well you get the idea.

"That's impossible." Nicholas exclaimed. "Jake himself told me that you are a houseboy."

Oh, so it was Jake, Adrian thought? Maybe he should have kept his mouth shut like he had planned because if Jake got to hear that Adrian had disclosed to Nicholas that they were related, it was gonna be a death beating. He couldn't just let Nicholas ask about this or it was gonna be a disaster. He was not supposed to talk to Nicholas in the first place.

"Jake told you that I am houseboy?" Adrian gulped, fear taking the best of him.

"Yes...he did." Nicholas said, trying to understand who to believe.

Adrian was scared, he was really scared.

"Please, can I beg you for something?" Adrian muttered, feeling the tears building in his eyes. "Please,"

Nicholas looked at the boy and he was scared. It was like the boy had said something that he wanted to apologize for or he was scared of something and Nicholas was gonna find out what.

"What?" Nicholas said.

"Please, don't tell Jake that I told you we are related." Adrian begged. "I shouldn't have..."

"And why shouldn't I tell him?" Nicholas asked, wondering why the boy's jaw shook. "If you are telling the truth, then I must ask him because one of you is lying to me."

"Please," Adrian got out of the chair and knelt down on the floor. "I beg of you. Had I known that Jake told you that I am a houseboy, I wouldn't have said anything." By now Adrian felt a tear run down his cheek.

Nicholas saw the boy's tears and it felt like he was hurt too. He didn't have any relations with the boy but he felt a connection with him that he had never felt before. First he was crazy for his food and secondly he was feeling a connection, seriously.

"Why do you seem so scared?" Nicholas asked as he stood out of the chair. "Is there anything wrong with me asking Jake whether you..."

"Please," Adrian cried, feeling his heart racing. "Don't believe anything that I have told you. I am probably..."

Nicholas felt hurt for real. He had made the boy cry twice and they had the same connection like the one they met in the mall.

"I am sorry, please don't cry." Nicholas begged, rushing to the boy. He didn't like seeing him cry.

Nicholas went straight to the boy and helped him get up. He was still crying and Nicholas knew he had to do something. For a boy to cry that much just at the mention of Jake, something was really scaring him and he was gonna find out.

Adrian's sobs and tears couldn't stop flowing no matter what he did. He was scared at the fact that if Jake heard that he had disclosed their relationship to Nicholas he was gonna kill him for sure.

Nicholas felt he had to do something. He held the back of the boy's head and brought him closer to his chest. There was little resistance from Adrian but Nicholas managed to bring him to his chest. He held the boy tightly to him while he cried.

Nicholas got emotional, seeing Adrian cry like that. He had just asked the reason why he couldn't ask Jake and the boy cried like Nicholas had just sold him out to some enemies.

"Shh," Nicholas whispered as he slowly passed his hands in the long dark hair of Adrian. His hair was soft and extremely dark.

Nicholas held Adrian really tightly, rubbing his back slowly and he felt him relax a bit as his sobs subsided. He was glad although it took about two minutes. He continued rubbing his back till he was sure that Adrian was at least better.

Adrian's sobs suddenly stopped, his tears paused and his brain froze when he realized that he was pressed against something hard, beautiful cologne and oh, something moving on his back. It could only mean that he was pressed against Nicholas' chest and the beautiful aroma was from his wonderful cologne.

Adrian's heart began racing and he quivered. If ever Jake came to know about that incident, he would be in big trouble. To avoid any life beating from Jake, Adrian quickly pulled away from Nicholas and went about a distance from Nicholas. He was still staring at Adrian and the guy was looking so sympathetic and lost. His eyes seemed to be saying something but Adrian didn't care what.

Adrian looked at the spot where he had laid his head and it was wet from tears. Nicholas' blue shirt was wet with tears. Adrian really hoped that wouldn't bring trouble for him.

"I'm sorry," Adrian apologized, furiously rubbing the tears from his face. "I'm really sorry for that. I didn't mean to..." Adrian pointed his shaky finger towards Nicholas' shirt.

"Its okay, it's fine." Nicholas said, feeling a little happy that Adrian was okay. "I'm glad I was able to help. But I'm sorry if I tell you that I can't grant your request to..."

"Please, I am begging you." Adrian felt tears building in his eyes again. If Nicholas uttered a word to Jake, the entire family would unleash their rage on him.

Nicholas was getting worried by Adrian's expression. It was like he was terrified of Jake. Could Jake have been doing something to terrify Adrian? All those questions were really scaring Nicholas. He knew Jake could sometimes be really angry but not to the point where he would make someone that terrified.

"Why are you scared?" Nicholas tried to go near Adrian but the boy took a few steps back.

"I wish I could tell you." Adrian sobbed. "But I can't. It's better that I keep it to myself."

"What is it?" Nicholas asked curiously.

"Is he aggressive? Does he beat you or even do something really worse?"

"I can't tell you." Adrian cried. "He's your fiancé and..."

"I won't tell him," Nicholas said as he took a few steps closer to Adrian. "I promise I won't. Just tell me why you don't want me to ask him and how you are related to them."

Adrian was in a dilemma. He was stuck between a rock and a hard place. If he refused to talk Nicholas would ask Jake and on the other hand if he did, he didn't know whether Nicholas would ask Jake or not. He just didn't know what to do. He might as well risk it if either way Nicholas would ask.

"If you don't tell me how you are related to him, I'll ask him myself."

"Alright," Adrian exclaimed. "His father is my uncle. He is the older brother of my father. He took me in after my mother's death."

Nicholas was really confused. He couldn't put a finger on the reason why Jake and his family treated and called Adrian a houseboy. It didn't add up at all. If it was true that Adrian was really a Wilson then it meant that he had done something wrong to be treated as a houseboy.

Normally, Nicholas would have let the case go but he suddenly got interested in it. He really got interested. He knew that somehow Adrian would be a part of his life but how?

"Are you sure about that?" Nicholas asked.

Adrian nodded softly, feeling his head ache.

"Then why do they treat you like a helper. As far as I know, you are the only helper in the house. That was exactly what Jake told me. How did you become..."

"It's a long story." Adrian mumbled. "Please, just forget I said anything. If he told you I am a house helper then I am a house helper. Forget I told you anything. Just erase every conversation we had before now. Please,"

"No," Nicholas said, folding his arms on his chest. "I need to know and you are the one who's going to tell me everything that's going on. I need to know if you are really his cousin and the reason why they treat you as a houseboy."

Adrian knew he was losing at that game. He couldn't say anything more. He cursed himself for opening his mouth to tell Nicholas anything. He should have stayed quiet the way he had been a few minutes ago.

"It's getting late, sir." Adrian said as he tried to move towards the basket before Nicholas blocked him.

"Please, sir, I have to go. I still have a lot of work to do at home."

"Exactly," Nicholas chuckled. "They are rich people yet they don't have any helpers except for you, who is probably their family member. Will you tell me exactly why they treat you as a houseboy?"

"Please, I have to go." Adrian said, putting his hands together to plead. "Please,"

Nicholas was still standing in front of Adrian. Adrian knew Nicholas wouldn't let him go unless he tells him, so he decided to devise a plan.

"Let me go and I promise I'll tell you exactly why I am the houseboy in my family's house."

"How are my sure...?"

"I don't tell lies." Adrian said confidently. "My mother told me that even lies have power to destroy and that is why I'll tell you the truth. But I am begging you to..."

"I won't say anything," Nicholas said softly. "I just wanna know exactly why you are the houseboy of your uncle's house."

Adrian nodded and quickly moved to the table. He quickly removed everything and was ready to go before Nicholas called him to take everything back. Adrian wasted no time in packing everything up and he left the office as quickly as he could. He just had to go before he broke down again. He really hoped Nicholas was true to his word and never, ever mentions any of that to Jake.

Nicholas was left flabbergasted after that conversation with Adrian. He couldn't believe that Adrian was really Jake's cousin. His whole appetite was gone after that conversation. He didn't know the reason why he was feeling so bad that Jake and his family could treat one of their own like that, unless something really bad had happened.

He sat on his chair wondering and he felt relieved that Jake didn't pass by. He was happy because he wouldn't have had sex in the mood that he was in. Who would have known that an innocent young boy like Adrian was a family member of the rich Wilsons, strange?

When Nicholas went home that night he forgot about everything and had normal dinner with his family members and their normal conversations.

****

The next day, Nicholas was eagerly waiting for Adrian over some papers. He didn't have to wait long. At exactly 12.pm, Adrian arrived and he was carrying a basket with him. He was looking lost as usual and Nicholas wondered if he had triggered it because of his persistent questions the day before. It was not his fault. He just wanted to know exactly why Adrian was turned to a houseboy.

"Good afternoon, Adrian?" Nicholas greeted the ever serious Adrian.

To his surprise, Adrian just nodded without saying a word.

"I'm waiting," Nicholas said, moving on his chair gracefully.

"For..."

"Don't you remember what I said yesterday?" Nicholas said.

"Oh," Adrian mumbled. "Please, have your lunch first. I'll tell you everything after you've had your lunch."

Nicholas could argue with that. He had his lunch and it was scrumptious as usual. He ate every bite while Adrian sat on the chair quiet and looking so pitiful but when Nicholas was done with the food; he knew that the time had come.

"I am listening." Nicholas said, folding his arms on his chest.

"Please, promise me that you'll never tell Jake whatever I'll tell you today. He'll kill me."

Nicholas nodded.

Adrian sighed deeply before he told Nicholas exactly why his uncle treated him the way he did. He narrated the entire story for almost an hour. By the time he was done, he was in tears but dried them as soon as he had finished his story. Of course, he didn't tell him about the weekend incident. But he told him that any small mistake he made, they made sure that he paid for it dearly.

Nicholas couldn't believe what had gone wrong. He didn't know why Adrian was made to pay for whatever his father had done to Jake's father. And Jake, Nicholas was disappointed in Jake. He was supposed to be telling his father to act right not participating in it.

That story opened a part of his heart for Adrian. He felt the need to hold Adrian and get him out of his misery, but he didn't know how to. He was busy thinking as he stared at Adrian rubbing his tears. It was all so clear to him that the boy was really suffering a lot. He felt he needed to do something to save the boy from his misery.

Adrian had done his part. Even though it had hurt a lot reliving all those incidences, it felt good sharing it with someone else. He had done his part and it was time to leave for his chores at home.

Adrian quickly got up, packed the stuff and closed the basket ready to leave before Nicholas touched his hand to stop him. Adrian was really scared because he didn't know what would come out of Nicholas' mouth.

"I'm sorry," Nicholas' said as he tried hard not to drop a tear. Adrian was so young but he had experienced a lot since both his parents died.

"It's okay, sir." Adrian tried to put up a smile. "It's not your fault. Just promise that you won't tell Jake. I don't wanna be in trouble again."

Nicholas nodded but he felt he needed to get to know Adrian. His heart told him to do that and he had no idea why. Maybe he needed to make the boy feel that there were still good people who cared about the emotions of others like, Nicholas. Gosh, his heart was racing like he was a man in a race.

"Can I ask for one more thing?" Nicholas asked.

Adrian needed to get it over with quickly so he nodded.

"Can I be your friend?"

Adrian quickly moved his face towards Nicholas and saw the guy's eyes. They were really serious and a bit watery. He knew the guy was serious. Being friends with a multi billionaire would have been great, really great but in this case Adrian had to protect himself from the wrath of Jake. He just couldn't take that risk. Should Jake find out, he will be in hot soup?

"I'm...I'm sorry," Adrian stammered. "I can't do that. Jake will kill me if he finds out. He'll think that I am trying to seduce you. Please, understand. You are a great guy and everything but..."

"Please," Nicholas whispered, literally begging Adrian. "Let me be your friend. I just wanna be your friend."

Adrian chuckled so loudly it filled the entire office. Nicholas never knew Adrian could even laugh and that warmed his heart.

"Even if I wanted to, I have no time." Adrian chuckled. "I always have things to do at home. I have no time to..."

"Right here," Nicholas hollered. "We could always talk whenever you bring my lunch. And I promise I won't tell Jake anything."

Adrian was silent. Nicholas seemed like a good man but he was really scared. He couldn't bring himself to accepting Nicholas' friendship.

"Why would you want to have a friend like me?" Adrian mumbled. "I have nothing and I'm no way near your level unlike Jake."

"I don't care," Nicholas hollered. "Just give me an opportunity to be your friend."

"Why?"

"Because my heart tells me so," Nicholas whispered. "My heart speaks and I listen. I don't know about yours but my I follow my heart. What does your heart say?"

Adrian listened to his heart and truly his heart was telling him to give the guy a chance to be friends but his mind was telling him that there was bound to be trouble.

"Yes," Adrian said softly. "I'll be your friend if that's what you want but Jake should never find out about this."

"Yes," Nicholas hollered, feeling like he had hit a jackpot. He was so happy. He hoped he was the one to bring happiness back into Adrian's life even if it was for a little while.

"I'm sorry, I've got to go." Adrian said as he released his hand from Nicholas' grip.

"See you tomorrow." Nicholas gushed. He was just so happy and it showed in every movement he made. He just couldn't believe that he was friends with the ever serious Adrian. He really hoped that their friendship would be great at least before he got married in a matter of three weeks and some days.

Nicholas went home that day happy and he had a good discussion with his family. They discussed a few wedding plans and he didn't pass out much but whatever that was discussed he left it for his mother to handle. After all, she was like the manager of his life and his relationships. He couldn't wait to go back to the office though. He just couldn't wait to see Adrian the following day and probably cheer him up and see him smile like he did that time on the weekend.

The next day seemed like forever before Adrian dropped by the office. He was with the same mood but Nicholas made him smile by telling a very funny joke his grandfather had told him years ago. He was glad Adrian was able to smile.

Nicholas had the scrumptious dish which made his stomach rumble. They didn't have a lot to say before Adrian left quickly but on the next day, Nicholas made Adrian eat lunch with him no matter how much he resisted. After lunch, Nicholas told Adrian about his life history and his funny moments in life and the number of guys he had dated before landing with Jake and how his mother had arranged for him to marry Jake.

Adrian found out that Nicholas loved his family a lot but he hated how his mother controlled his life since childhood. Adrian was slowly opening up and he felt comfortable being around Nicholas unlike the way it was before.

On the third day, it was just a few discussions which Adrian rarely contributed until Nicholas asked a big question.

"So do you have a girlfriend?" Nicholas asked.

Adrian nodded at the question. Of course, he didn't have a girlfriend. He was gay but Nicholas had no idea about that.

"Boyfriend,"

Adrian nodded.

"Are you saying you've never been in a relationship before?"

"I have been in a relationship." Adrian gulped.

"Was she good, better, pretty?" Nicholas smiled, curious at the answer he was gonna get from Adrian. "Did she love you back? Do you still communicate with her?"

"It was a he, okay." Adrian hollered.

Me and my big mouth, Adrian thought. Why did he have to open his big mouth to tell Nicholas that he had been in a relationship? Now he was gonna be filled with a lot of questions.

Nicholas was dumbfounded. He had no idea that Adrian was gay just like him. He had been hit and the only word that went through his mind was, "Gay, gay, gay, gay," It kept on ringing in his head and he had no idea how to turn it off.

"Wow!" Nicholas exclaimed, feeling like he had just woken up from a dream. Of course it wasn't a dream as Adrian was still seated in front of the table looking shy. He was looking down, playing with his nails like a little child.

"I never knew you were...gay."

"Yeah," Adrian mumbled. "I am gay."

Adrian had confirmed it to Nicholas. After all, the guy couldn't do anything with that piece of information. It was useless to him.

"Well, I never knew you were gay." Nicholas said as he tried to catch his breath. "Wow!"

Adrian saw that Nicholas was acting surprised or rather confused and it scared him. His reaction didn't seem right. He had rather spent a lot of time with Nicholas and he figured it was time to hit the road before things got awkward between them.

"Okay, sir," Adrian chuckled. "I think I gotta go now."

"No, please," Nicholas said softly. "Stay a little longer."

"I would have loved to but I still have a lot of chores on my hands."

"Alright," Nicholas mumbled and watched as Adrian got out of the office nervously.

That left Nicholas really thinking. He didn't know why he found himself thinking but one thing was clear. After hearing that Adrian was gay, he felt something deep inside of him awaken, something that was indescribable. It was like he was sitting in ice but at the same the same time in a fire that didn't burn him. What was happening to him? Man, he couldn't even think appropriately without Adrian coming to his mind.

Nicholas didn't want to awaken anything but it was too late. It had already awakened on its own and there was nothing he would do. When he had gone home, he didn't contribute to what they were talking about at all. All he was thinking of was about Adrian and what he had disclosed to him while they were talking. He tried to get rid of it, he really tried but nothing was working.

1...345678