Stand for Love Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
vanalas
vanalas
226 Followers

As he slept there, crying and in pain, he could feel that the pillow he was sleeping on was really wet. It felt like someone had poured a bucket of water on it but in reality...it was just his tears that had made the pillow wet.

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

That was hurting so much. It had been more than 24 hours since Adrian's death and he hadn't uttered a word. He had no idea if he was in his right frame of mind. He just wanted to die and be with his Adrian. Was that too much to ask?

Nicholas was alive and he was breathing but deep down he was just a shell and nothing else. His soul had died with Adrian in that fire. Nicholas wasn't even moving nor doing anything. He hadn't eaten a thing and he hadn't even bothered to leave whichever room he was in.

He just allowed the pain to take control of him. That pain was slowly killing him. It was not long...he could feel it...it was near...death!

****

Victoria was seated on the couch, dressed in her best. She had just come from having a wonderful lunch and now she was seated quietly on the couch, thinking and trying to come to terms with what had happened.

Last night she hadn't slept at all. All that she kept on thinking about was the unfortunate thing which had happened to her. She couldn't forget about it no matter what she did. She had spent almost the whole night trying to understand what the ghost had told her. He had told her to confess which...will never happen, never. She would rather die than confess her sins...never.

In fact, she had spent the whole afternoon thinking about the same. Now she had come to terms. Everyone was right. She was fierce and nothing was gonna scare her again. She didn't care what she had seen the previous night because she was sure it was not gonna happen. She was gonna be around everyone else and everything was gonna be fine. She only thanked her lucky stars they hadn't noticed that she had peed in her pants.

"Victoria!" Jane saw that Victoria was still lost in her thought. She might have even guessed what was bothering her best friend.

"Uh," Victoria gasped, touching her chest.

"Are you alright?"

"Am fine," Victoria smiled faintly.

"Are you still thinking about..." Jane paused as a door bell disturbed her. She moved her eyes to the door and then to her husband who immediately got the hint.

"I'll get it," Todd rolled his eyes in frustration. "I wonder who it could be."

Todd then got up from the couch, literally complaining. He had no idea who was at the door but the last person he wanted to see was that pesky inspector. He had his men watching...who were also paid by Todd by the way. He just wanted to rest home whole day, enjoying the luxury and beauty of killing Adrian. Was that too much to ask?

Reaching the door with a really bad mood, Todd quickly opened it and his mood instantly changed. What he saw really got his heart racing. His eyes widened beyond normal. His mouth gaped...his breaths became slow and he was trembling in happiness and wonder. Right in front of him, dressed so beautifully was the pesky lawyer from Equilinias.

The lawyer had his eyes dropped...his mood was obviously not brightly...he kinda looked like he came to beg for some food and Todd wondered what he had come to do at his house.

Seeing the pesky lawyer right in front of him, Todd's mood changed and he became happy and ecstatic. Then he crossed his arms on his chest and grinned. When the lawyer raised his face to stare into his eyes, he smiled even brighter. He could see from the lawyer's green eyes that something was not right but he enjoyed his mood too much.

"What are you doing here?" Todd asked rudely, literally making fun of the lawyer who was dressed in one of the most expensive suits he had ever seen. Even his cologne was really expensive. Guess it was bad mood for a blonde guy.

"I came to talk to you..." he paused and then sighed. "...please!"

"What for," Todd asked. "I thought you didn't want to..."

"Allow me to come in so that I can talk to you." The lawyer pleaded. His eyes became glassy with tears.

"So that you can..."

"It's very important." The lawyer muttered. "It is also beneficial to you."

The lawyer had Todd at its beneficial to him, making him wonder what he had really come to do. This was the same lawyer who had insulted him at some point in time...and now he was in his house. Maybe it was something important...otherwise...he was gonna throw him out of the house.

"Alright, come in."

Todd led the lawyer inside, still wondering what the bastard had come to do in his house. He was really curious to know. Could it be something to do with the company? He was really worried, excited and happy at the same time. In fact, he was enthusiastic. The look the others gave the lawyer wasn't genuine either. It was clear they were mad and wanted nothing to do with him.

"What brings you here," Todd asserted, folding his arms. "How can we all help you?"

The lawyer sighed and then nodded his head in sadness. Then he raised his head and looked up at Todd, still nodding in sadness.

"You know very much that I don't like doing this." The lawyer sighed.

"Doing what?"

"Talking about the company," The lawyer sniveled. "Actually we heard about the heir's death and it's really sad and..."

"The heir," Todd exclaimed. "Yeah,"

"Yes," The lawyer nodded. "We heard about the heir's death. We knew he was the heir from the moment he...anyway," He suppressed a tear. "The board members and all of us have decided..." He moved his eyes away as a tear fell down his cheek. "...sorry," he apologized, getting his handkerchief from his pocket. He wiped off his tears, totally irritating Todd and the rest of his gang. They wanted to kill him for even bringing such no sense to their house.

"Hey...Mr..."

"I am sorry," The lawyer apologized. "...I just can't help it."

"Yeah," Victoria snapped. "Actually you are mistaken because this is not where the funeral has been held." Her voice was really angry. She was irritated. She had not even finished recovering from that ordeal with Adrian's ghost and now the pesky thing was here. "If you came here to..."

"I know that Mrs. Miller," the lawyer sobbed, slipping the handkerchief back in his pocket. "I actually came here to tell Mr. Wilson that the board and..." he paused and gave a sigh of sadness. It was clear that he was in pain. "...we decided that since the heir is...dead...we will give you the companies since you are the closest to Mr. Jack Wilson."

There was a moment of silence after the lawyer broke the news to everyone in the leaving room. Suddenly, there was a strong gush of wind which blew on Todd's face, making his cheeks widen in for a smile. His heart suddenly began racing and tears formed in his eyes. He was shaking terribly as his mind took him a few seconds back to the time when the lawyer was giving him the news. He couldn't believe it. It was so impossible. After so long...he would be able to get his hands on Equilinias and be one of the richest men in the country. There was nothing he wanted sweeter than that. Finally, after a long wait, he was gonna be able to get his hands on all that money. He couldn't believe it. It was too good to be true.

Todd moved his eyes away and looked up at everyone. He noticed that they had the same expression on their faces as he. He moved his eyes to the lawyer once again and noticed that he was rubbing his eyes again. After so long, Todd felt warm tears pouring down his face.

"What...did you say?" Todd gasped, bringing his hands to his mouth.

The lawyer suppressed a groan. "I said...we are going to give you the company. The heir died so we have no choice but to...give it to you."

"You are trying to joke with me right?" Todd exclaimed with a happy chuckle.

"No!" the lawyer sniveled.

"Then why are you crying?" Todd literally yelled. "Did you have plans of getting the company for yourself or..."

"No! I am really sorry." The lawyer was clearly sad he was gonna hand out the company to Todd. "It's not a joke. In fact, I have the papers with me. You just need to sign them and then I'll be done."

The lawyer brought forth his expensive brief case and got out some papers and they totally had the words 'Equilinias' on them. Todd couldn't believe it. It was like a dream and he would wake up from it but no matter how much he tried to close and open his eyes...it was still there.

"You just need to sign..." he got up and sat together with Todd. "...just sign there..." he pointed out. "...then the company is all yours.'

"Just like that," Todd asked, swinging his hands in the air.

"Yes,"

Todd's mind was totally blown. He looked up at Victoria and everyone. They were practically happy, eyeing the documents in the lawyer's hands. Then he looked at his son and he was totally grinning at those documents. Then Todd realized something. He needed to do the right thing. He moved his eyes to the lawyer who was clearly trying to cry.

"Can...my son inherit the company instead of me?"

The lawyer looked at Jake who was hyperventilating and then to Todd again. He gave a deep sigh, trying to suppress his tears.

"The choice is yours." He chuckled nervously. "He's your son after all."

Todd looked up at Jake and his face glowed. "Son,"

Jake quickly rose from the couch and jumped in his father's arms, hugging him tightly. "Thank you so much father." Then he took the documents from the lawyer and took a really good look at them. It was all true, they were right in front of his hands, finally.

Breathing like he had just come from having a powerful orgasm, Jake practically grabbed the pen from the lawyer and signed every place that needed his signature. Then he gave it back to the lawyer who gave him a look of irritation but he didn't care. What matters the most is that he had the company after so long. Guess Adrian's death had brought him luck after all.

"Is that all?" Jake chirped, trying to catch his breath.

The lawyer gave Jake a long look. "That's all," He sighed, putting the documents back into the briefcase.

"Uh," Jake enthused, kicking his legs on the floor in excitement. He had never been as happy as he was at that very time. He was ecstatic and alive. Finally, he would be rich, richer than anyone else.

"So when can he take over?" Victoria exclaimed, holding her arms together. "When can he officially be known as the..."

"By signing these documents," The lawyer muttered. "He is now the owner of Equilinias and all its related business. He'll be able to access them but...he has to be known officially first."

"When's that?" Jake rejoiced, jumping on the couch while staring at the lawyer. "I can't wait."

"There will be a party tomorrow at EQ loyal hotel...it's actually one of your hotels now." The lawyer sighed. "The party will start at 6.pm sharp. You'll be introduced to everyone and everything will be handed over to you."

"Yes!" Jake jumped up, running through the house like a little child. When he came back to the couch, he was sweating while everyone except the lawyer laughed.

"That's all," the lawyer said, picking up his brief case. "I have to go now."

Todd got up and shook the lawyer's hands. "I always knew you would come to your sense and see that I am the true heir."

The lawyer smiled faintly, shaking Todd's hand. Then he smiled at everyone else and he left, leaving everyone at the joy of rejoicing. Their hearts were pounding and they couldn't believe it. Adrian had just died two days ago and good things were coming to them. They couldn't just let that moment pass on.

"I can't believe it," Victoria exclaimed, getting up from the couch. "We have finally got our hands on the company. Do you know what this means?"

Jake gasped, touching his chest in astonishment. He then looked up as he walked around, day dreaming about Nicholas.

"I'm finally rich," Jake said. Even his tone sounded ecstatic. That was the happiest day of his life. "I'll get back my Nicholas and we will be able to get back all of our family." He laughed out loud, clenching on his fists. "We will be more powerful than ever and we will manage that company as a team. No one will be able to stand in our way...not even Nicholas." Jake chuckled. "I shall have him all to myself once again."

"I wish Adrian was here so that he could see all this." Victoria said, clenching her teeth. She was more than happy and she forgot about the entire incident which had happened to her the night before. "I wish he was here so that I could have stepped on his face while laughing at him. I wish he was here to see us celebrate."

There was a loud chuckle from everyone in the house. They were really happy...they were ecstatic...they were hyperventilating...their bodies were charged up...they were thinking of nothing but money, fame and power. The game was on. They were gonna be the most powerful people in the country and they were gonna be known. Finally!

"This is great news," Cynthia gushed, thinking about how she was gonna use the money. "I swear I'll make my bed out of money."

"Wait a minute sweetie," Jane chuckled, feeling her body warming up. "Not only that...we will be the most famous people...everywhere."

"But before that," Todd quickly got up. "We need to celebrate even more."

"One more thing," Victoria laughed, signaling with her finger. "We need to dress our best tomorrow. We need to show them that we have arrived. We need to show them that our level is far too hot for them to reach."

"That is a must," Jake touched his face and felt the bruises and stitches. "First of all...I am gonna make sure that my face is glowing. Not a single bruise will show. I'll hire the best makeup artist."

They all laughed and then Todd went and brought a bottle of wine. He gave to each of them a glass which they held in their hands. Putting wine in all their glasses, Todd raised his glass followed by the rest of them.

"To us!" Todd chuckled. "To our happiness and our success," He said excitedly. "May that bitch Adrian die in hell after seeing us enjoying everything?"

They all laughed out and toast their glasses. They were happy.

If Adrian was seeing them from anywhere, they just hoped he was dying inside.

***

The house was quiet, too quiet. Everyone was seated on the couch, dressed in white, mourning Adrian's death. That kind of tragedy had struck them so hard that the pain seemed to be getting worse each day. It was like they were being tortured emotionally and physically. All they had been doing for the last two days was mourning. They didn't want to stop for even a second. They were all in tears but not as much as Nicholas was. He hadn't uttered a word since he came back from the hospital and sometimes...he just moved around, probably looking for Adrian. It was like he was going insane. Some people from the city had passed by to mourn.

Adrian's last rites were to be performed a day after so that they could make his soul to rest even though it was impossible. The way they were mourning was probably gonna take forever to heal. They had no idea if it was gonna happen. Seeing Nicholas so broken, in George's arms was what made the family lose hope? May Adrian's soul find peace?

Seated on the couch while mourning, a door bell was heard but none of the people were even bothered to get up and check who was at the door. It was probably just someone who had come to mourn but they had no strength to get up.

After about a minute of the door bell constantly ringing, the maid opened the door. The family members were lost in their mourning that they didn't even see the man with blond hair coming inside, walking slowly towards the living room with his head held low.

"Hello!" The man greeted, making everyone raise their eyes. "I am really sorry for your loss. My condolences,"

"Thank you," Noah groaned, trying to swallow the pain.

The man sat down and took a deep sigh. "I know that you do not know me but my name is Mr. Killian and I am the lawyer of Equilinias.'

"What can we do for you?" Noah's voice was clearly in pain.

"Tomorrow is...we are giving the company away to someone else." The lawyer muttered. "Actually...the thing is that...well uh..."

"Are you not ashamed?" granny cried, moving her angry red eyes to him. "Can't you see that..."

"It's why I said I am really sorry," the lawyer muttered. "The thing is that...I need you to attend the function and..."

"Get out!" Noah yelled out in pain, pointing towards the door. "Get out before I kick you out. We have lost someone really special and important to our family members. We don't care who you give the company to. Just get the fuck out of this house and let us mourn in peace. Have you no shame?"

"Please..."

"I said out," Noah moved from his seat and furiously walked towards the lawyer.

Seeing how angry Noah was, the lawyer got up and took a few steps back.

"You don't understand." The lawyer muttered.

"Get out and..."

"If you really loved him then..." he paused and looked at them all. "...then you'll attend this event. It is what happens before we hand over the company. Before the company can be handed over to someone...we take some time to...remember and talk about the last heir. We cannot hand over the..."

"He was not the heir," Noah shouted out in pain. "You cannot be sure of that."

"He was the heir," The lawyer muttered. "I'm really sorry but the last time he came to our company...one of the board members pulled a strand of hair from him while hugging him and we were able to examine that. Everything matched perfectly. This will also benefit you...trust me."

The whole family was quiet. They didn't want to go anywhere.

"It will only be an hour and then you can leave."

"We don't care,"

"You don't understand," the lawyer said. "As long as Adrian was linked to that company...you have to attend as family members...or he'll not rest in peace. The name Equilinias is not just a name but it also had some attachments. It means equal in all but unique in one way. I know what I am saying. Years ago before the company started...there was a ritual that was performed according to our culture, making an Equilinias really powerful. Why do you think Adrian was able to know that he was the next heir without anyone in reality telling him? Please only if you attend this party will he be free from the company. Then he can rest in peace after that."

Hearing what the lawyer had said, granny quickly stood up and sobbed. The last thing she wanted was to make Adrian's soul to be restless. She walked to the lawyer and stood in front of him, slowly rubbing her tears.

"Is it true?" Granny sniveled. "Only when my we attend the event will my grandson be released from the company?"

The lawyer nodded in agreement. "Yes!"

"Then..." She paused and sniffed. "...we will be there."

"Thank you!" the lawyer said softly, putting his hands together. "E.Q loyal hotel at 6.pm,"

Granny nodded and watched as the lawyer left after apologizing to everyone. Then she turned and looked at her grandson who was nothing but a shadow of himself. He was crying and he looked really pitiful. If only she could be strong for him and comfort he...but she couldn't do it. She loved Adrian and she was gonna mourn him for the rest of her life.

Nicholas on the other hand had heard everything that the lawyer had to say but he couldn't move his mouth. He had a huge lump in his throat that made everything seem worse. The pain was too much to even open his mouth. The only way he could express the pain was to cry.

****

The next day evening

The hotel was fully decorated beautifully, every beautiful thing hanging from everywhere. It sparkled with the elegant decorations wherever anyone looked, they could do nothing but gasp at the beauty and expensive wonders of the decorations. The glass and diamond chandeliers were well decorated with bright colored lights, moving around it in circles, giving it that attractiveness. There were tables and chairs of different varieties all ranging from diamond to gold. They were really beautiful.

vanalas
vanalas
226 Followers