All Comments on 'Star-Crossed'

by Jackie.Hikaru

Sort by:
  • 92 Comments
chick2206chick2206over 1 year ago

Omg a bit away from reality but loved it all the same. It is an attempt at romanticising Cancer which it cannot be but hey it was worth a try

MaonaighMaonaighover 1 year ago

A far cry from some of your usual fantasies, Jackie, but what a marvellous story, absolutely perfect for the Valentine's Day project. It was so well written that I could see Joey and Autumn from the first time that they met in the lecture theatre. If you were to write more stories like this, you'd get a five-star welcome with no objections from me. Congratulations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A very beautiful and touching story. Thank you, always…

CorinnePapillonCorinnePapillonover 1 year ago

Oh my, I simply loved that beautiful story. I did cry and I laughed and your writing really got through to me !! Thank you ♥♥♥♥, Corinne

DukaaDukaaabout 1 year ago

I didn't see the cancer coming at all, even though it was hinted at. Thought it was going to be a 'normal' romance with some family trouble along the way. Might be because I could relate to Joey's campus experience too well. Either way, you managed to weave this heavy topic without it becoming depressing or hopeless which I'm thankful for. Also the astronomy bits were a unique touch that fit well with the characters. Enjoyed the read, thanks!

used2bjustjused2bjustjabout 1 year ago

I was concerned about mid way through that this was going to be a "find love and they loose it" story. I'm glad how it ended up. Very well written. I'll now have to go and check out your other stories.

5/5

J

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You are a very talented writer and I have re-read quite a few of your stories. As someone who wears a prosthetic leg, I can tell I don't " hobble". I walk.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereabout 1 year ago

A five star effort of a sweet (bittersweet?) love story. Thank you!

FandeborisFandeborisabout 1 year ago

I want to thank you for writing this. My wife died of cancer, and she fought it just like Autumn did. With a take no prisoners attitude. She had the "Red Devil" as well and lost her hair. So for Easter she had an Easter egg painted on her bald head. I can definitely relate to this story. I was very glad Autumn lived and was thrilled when Joey proposed. Keep up the good work.

Take Care.

Marbury1803Marbury1803about 1 year ago

Well, this was something. I am a 3-time cancer survivor, and a veteran of, among other things, the old Red Devil chemo, plus surgeries and lots of radiation therapy. So this was a bit triggering for me. But I absolutely loved it. Every bit. You so perfectly captured in Autumn so many oif the genuine feelings of isolation, of loss, of fear of abandonment, feeling like a freak. I know Autumn.....several Autumns actually. And I've known a couple Joeys too. I didn't think this roimanticized cancer at all. Cancer is horrifying...but cancer survivors can love too...and they can receive love...and they can fall in love. This was lovely. I've never read your stories before. I'm going to peek at some more.

Oh....also....very well crafted just from a technical writing point. grammer, spelling, usage....all first rate. You're a good writer as well as a fine yarn-spinner.

pope32767pope32767about 1 year ago

Contra chick2206, I think this is very realistic emotionally. It doesn't romanticize cancer. I have creds: my wife survived four bouts of breast cancer (all gone now, thanks to a double mastectomy, though she still gets checked twice a year). We didn't have that new-relationship energy, though we already knew we were in it for the long haul -- 44 years now and counting upwards, yay. So I felt partly like Joey and partly like Autumn's mom.

It takes guts to start a story with the narrator saying that she met Autumn in the spring. I nearly stopped then, but I'm so glad I didn't.

Thanks for doing the research. It would have been totally in character (and I kind of hoped for it) for Autumn to say, after explaining the colors of the Jovian moons, that Io looks like a pan pizza with extra cheese, tomato sauce, and olives! I remember first seeing the images from the Voyager flyby in Scientific American around 1980, and I could hardly believe I was looking at a natural object. (The "Io (moon)" page on Wikipedia shows you one of them.)

AnyMooseAnyMooseabout 1 year ago

Great story. BTW, if they are going to Hawaii, they need to visit the Haleakalā Observatory on Maui as well.

Bluesea00Bluesea00about 1 year ago

Just lovely. Happy ended and a good way to atart may day. Thanks

Nicole2023Nicole2023about 1 year ago

Loved it but then again i love all your stories

AimEnigmaClickAimEnigmaClickabout 1 year ago

You're an amazing author!

AliceGeeAliceGeeabout 1 year ago

A very moving story with highs and lows along the way but with a very satisfactory ending. I am in awe of your story writing skills and they are fully deserving of five stars.

GortmundyGortmundyabout 1 year ago

Lovely story, very enjoyable. Cancer killed my mother and that was a hard time. But I'm a total sap for a happy ending. You are a great writer, managing to evoke emotions particularly well. But the audience is never satisfied and always hungry. So, more, please.

jackie_emjackie_emabout 1 year ago

Beautiful story and very sweet.

NellymcboatfaceNellymcboatfaceabout 1 year ago

The most beautiful story I've ever read. Tackling one of the most avoided and difficult subjects that has possibly touched us all. As usual, Jackie didn't disappoint, with her inevitable wonderful writing style. The depth of knowledge on the subjects covered made the story even more believably wonderful. Thanks.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 1 year ago

Love conquers many deep tales and afterwards its a strong boundary …… sooooo lovely so beautiful , im touched as you have written another extraordinary tale …… thank you so much for my tears

✨✨✨✨✨💫💫💫💫💫💝💝💝💝💝🍀

MigbirdMigbirdabout 1 year ago

Way beyond a sappy romance, and not because it was sappy — it was in a wonderful way. Come on; had to end that way. What is special/so creative is what intervened between two real, believable characters within a real situation. Impressed with the detail you brought to Autumn’s cancer — felt the tension/concern. Maybe more the nuanced texture/feeling that surfaced in simple ways: How daffodils look exactly like they should; poop potatoes; the recognition that “It's a predator," I answered. “So are we." And the astronomy backdrop that provided so much texture. Sappy plus so much more out of a vivid imagination. Very nice; like your creativity.

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonabout 1 year ago

I love a sappy romance, and this this was one of the best, even when reading with tears in my eyes. Death from cancer has too many bad associations for me. So I'm glad that Autumn lived, although not unscathed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Santa Clause? Like in a portion of a sentence? I think not.

Miss Campbell? Miss to the mother of your friend? Maybe Ms, but definitely not Miss.

A nice story lost points for such sloppy editing. Sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Can we ask, would you please write a part 2?

Jackie.HikaruJackie.Hikaruabout 1 year agoAuthor

Re: Anonymous, "Santa Clause? Like in a portion of a sentence? I think not.

Miss Campbell? Miss to the mother of your friend? Maybe Ms, but definitely not Miss.

A nice story lost points for such sloppy editing. Sorry."

Thanks for the feedback. Happy to hear you thought it was a nice story despite the flaws. ❤️

Jackie.HikaruJackie.Hikaruabout 1 year agoAuthor

Re: Anonymous "As someone who wears a prosthetic leg, I can tell I don't " hobble". I walk."

Absolutely. Thank you for the correction. Peace ❤️✌️

Jackie.HikaruJackie.Hikaruabout 1 year agoAuthor

Thanks everyone for your kind and thoughtful comments. I'm touched. ❤️

MulderOrScullyMulderOrScullyabout 1 year ago

Thank You. This is such a wonderful story. I loved the awkwardness and passion you created for both Autumn and Joey

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That's the kind of content I'm here for. Thanks for making my day!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is absolutely fabulous. Beautifully written, details building and building, believable, very sexy. A tear in my eye as it ended. A very, very fine story.

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 1 year ago

Ridiculously I held out until you threw in Marc Cohn’s “Walking in Memphis”, after that it was Niagara Falls Frankie Baby….

Truly great story, our characters were well drawn and lived brightly on the page, I think my above comment tells enough of the emotion I invested in it, I enjoyed it immensely, thank you for writing and posting here on Lit Jackie O Hikaru, cheers, Ppfzz. 5⭐️

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisaabout 1 year ago

I really don't care if it's not a perfect 10... I gave it 5 stars because I enjoyed the story VERY much. With little reservations on some future comments, I cried through most of the story. I lost a loved one through cancer, so I can relate to the fears and anxiety someone close to you might feel. Well written, keep up the good work...hugs Oh yes. "Tears are the last gift of love that you can give."

fallwatcherfallwatcherabout 1 year ago

A beautiful and touching story. Thank you for sharing it with us!

OmenainenOmenainenabout 1 year ago

I seriously appreciate the poop potatoes. Romance is all well and good, but is love really love if it can’t handle living off poop potatoes?

Thank you for participating in my event :-)

paulincanberrapaulincanberraabout 1 year ago

This story was brilliant. I was really emotionally touched, and for this site that is rare. The way two people are portrayed as caring for each other, and coming to love each other was very well written. The fact that the sexual pleasure they gave each other exemplified their love made this story perfect for me. Thankyou.

DessertmanDessertmanabout 1 year ago

I loved it, 5 stars. I cried at the love but also the cancer. I have lost two close women friends to cancer and both my younger brothers. One was only 45.

I have a wonderful new woman in my life, hopefully to my end of life, which is not far away as I am now 83.

You are a very talented writer. Thank you.

okami1061okami1061about 1 year ago

Unfortunately, stories that good don't come around that often.

Thank you for using your considerable talents to create it.

corrytonmancorrytonmanabout 1 year ago
I fully understand

There's no doubt about how this story won an award. This is easily one of the most romantic stories I've read here in a very long time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One of the best stories I've read here or anywhere else!

BlueFox007BlueFox007about 1 year ago

The easiest five stars ever. The writing about the chemotherapy and radiation was excellent, spot on. My 24 year old gay granddaughter who just shared with me her engagement to her sweetheart would love it. Super congratulations on winning the Valentines Day writing prize. You yourself are a prize.

wwaldripwwaldripabout 1 year ago

Great lovely story, I loved it, keep going and writing!

amritaloveramritaloverabout 1 year ago

Great story! Many thanks for the wonderful read.

lexlogan8lexlogan8about 1 year ago

Wonderful story. Minor quibble: Andromeda is too big to view through a telescope. It covers six times the width of the moon in the sky. Need binoculars.

VuvuzelaMusicVuvuzelaMusicabout 1 year ago

Absolutely fantastic story, thank you for sharing this. 2 things:

1: I read this, coincidentally, while visiting Joshua Tree NP. Didn’t get to stargaze since we were in bed early after hiking all day. What a beautiful place.

2: Poo-tatoes was right there! I was figuratively yelling at my screen “one of you call them pootatoes!”

RyckFinnRyckFinnabout 1 year ago

Fantastisch, vielen Dank!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Words fail me, they really do, at least words that can even glance at the effect this story had on me, or the extent to which I want, no need, to praise it. I'm in love with it. I can't kiss it enough to satisfy my need to give something back for the pleasure, the education, the fun, and the beauty of it. And I'm a tough old man from England (old England, to be clear) who has never read an erotic lesbian story before. I had moist eyes several chapters from the end, and they haven't dried yet.

Thank you for clarifying that you are not an astronomer or a medical professional. I was imagining that you somehow had to be both, the detail was just so exquisite. But the fact that you are neither of them makes me realise, makes me grow up (even at my great age) and realise just how much research and effort, as well as a genius talent, is needed to write a really great story. I love George Eliot and Jane Austen and John Steinbeck and Shakespeare, of course and other great writers. But although they write in different genres from your short erotic story, nothing any of them wrote about love, sexual or platonic: Darcy and Elizabeth, Silas Marner and his golden-haired Eppie, or even Shakespeare’s pair of star-crossed lovers, get any closer to the fundamental truth about love, and most of what they wrote, great as it is, comes nowhere near it.

This must be one of, if not the highest scoring Literotica stories ever, and yet, the amount of sex is minimal. That's a lesson for a wannabe writer like, and one to heed by all those authors who feel that quantity is more important than quality.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Absolutely beautiful

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I am trying to give it 5* but my vote keeps being rejected. You have done a magically good job of letting us look at the unbearably sweet nature of Autumn and Joey’s burgeoning relationship

storywriter24storywriter24about 1 year ago

A very sweet story about true love.

Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrelabout 1 year ago

I almost stopped reading this when it came out that Autumn had cancer. My first love was a young woman who was diagnosed with a brain tumor a year or so after we met. I'm glad I finished the story. You Astronomy was well accurate and your handling of the up's and down's of a serious medical condition brought back many memories of my first love.

Ours didn't have a happy ending; she died about two years after she was diagnosed. It was a difficult time, but I wouldn't trade a single minute of the time we shared. I'm glad your story had a happy ending. I want to believe they will have a long happy life together.

KingCuddleKingCuddleabout 1 year ago

Such superb writing!

Thanks for sharing this beautiful story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What great writing. You can stir all the emotions Jackie. You damn well deserved first place. You are incredible!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Just a wonderful story, thank you so much. Now I have to have to do something with my blotchy face after the tears.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Fantastic story. 4 years ago my dad died from Leukemia so the whole cancer and chemo element hit me hard. Knowing exactly how much of a toll cancer and the treatment takes on someone I had to take several breaks from reading it. The repeatability and being able to vividly see what the characters are going through in this story hurts--something I wholeheartedly appreciate from an author (hopefully that makes sense).

Nightwish1977Nightwish1977about 1 year ago

Beautiful. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Appreciate the story as a UCLA alum!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Beautiful story. You write extremely well. Keep doing so.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One of the best pure writers on this site. Thank you.

Rumorhasit13Rumorhasit13about 1 year ago

This is such a beautiful story. It made me cry and I had to finish reading it even though its 4 am. I love these two so much.

NotHemingwayNotHemingwayabout 1 year ago

To say you write brilliantly is an understatement. I’m in awe of your command of imagery. I had to keep reading to see where the story would go – not for the erotic content, just because you made the characters so interesting. Certainly the best writer on this website.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

this is quite possibly the cutest story on here

AquariusgirlAquariusgirlabout 1 year ago

Wow! Everytime I read one of your stories, I'm always in awe of how you set the scene between characters and then go onto tell their story. It honestly never fails to amaze me, just how encapsulated I become when reading. I adored this story and the two main characters, I literally cried at one point and worried so much that Autumn wasn't going to make it, so I'm over the moon that she did.

As always 5 stars from me ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

P.s I really wished this story didn't have to end, it was perfect and well deserved of the award you received for it. If you ever decide to add to it in the future, I'm sure it'll continue to be a firm favourite :)

orestes08orestes0812 months ago

Really good story. Some of the tech/gaming stuff threw me out for a minute, but all in all a well written touching tale.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Thank you Jackie.

A lovely story, my GF and I had to read it in one go as we couldn't put it down. Now it's really late and we must get to sleep. So glad it had a happy ending, life needs happy endings.

It also does us good to realise how lucky we are to be in love and healthy!

Goodnight. XX........

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Thank you Jackie.

A lovely story, my GF and I had to read it in one go as we couldn't put it down. Now it's really late and we must get to sleep. So glad it had a happy ending, life needs happy endings.

It also does us good to realise how lucky we are to be in love and healthy!

Goodnight. XX........

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Brilliant, sweet, completely engaging. A beautiful story, beautifully written. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Hi Jackie,

Love this story, sweet, humane, innocent romantics and positive.

My wife has cancer for the last 4 years so just to let you know about couple of things:

1- If you are having sex during chemotherapy, you may wish to use barrier protection, such as condoms or dental dams (for oral sex), since chemotherapy chemicals can be found in semen or vaginal fluid.

2- When a person loses their hair due to chemo, they also loses their hair everywhere …arms, legs, eyebrows and genitalia area…bald everywhere

Keep writing, you have a great talent

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

this is the fourth time for . it's touching & beautiful every time...reak

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

You give JCMcNelly a run for her money. This was a great read

KachinaDollKachinaDoll9 months ago

Unquestionably 5*.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

You are a very smooth writer! Also, the character’s personalities shine through. I laughed during the banter.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Loved it, read it with trepidation and was delighted with the ending. I love, crave, a happy ending.

DessertmanDessertman8 months ago

So beautiful. I love reading about W2W love, the gentleness and emotions.

I lost my love to cancer after 40 years, she was 85 and I was 76.

Thank you for such a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I am so glad they got their own happy ending after so much pain and heartbreak. A superb story

twogr8handstwogr8hands7 months ago

Well done, you wrote a great love story. I'm glad that I took the time to read it.

Sexy_LisaSexy_Lisa7 months ago

This is the second time reading this story... My only regret is I can't give it 5 more stars

onebuttplug4uonebuttplug4u7 months ago

I loved this story

_robin_robin6 months ago

Oh boy. You got me. I’m just crying and crying. Such a lovely and sensitive story. Autumn’s gotta be the sweetest & most badass character anywhere on Literotica!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Anything I read that leaves me with tears is a good read in my book, I writing this through tear filled eyes.

Thank you

onehitwandaonehitwanda6 months ago

I built my first telescope when I was 28. Some of my fondest memories are of staring at Jupiter and trying to tease out the bands on his surface. Loved this. Read it with mounting horror, anticipating a far worse ending. God, you can write. Tears, but good ones 💜

onebuttplug4uonebuttplug4u6 months ago

Thank you ! That was as far from smut as the universe will allow… it was a exquisite love story with a happy ending. Thankfully both of their wishes came true. I will second “onehitwanda” when she wrote “God. You can write”

Thank you again !

DedZone69DedZone696 months ago

This is the first story of yours ive read. Visited your bibliography on the recommendation of onehitwanda. So glad i did. Beautiful romance , standing with your love through adversity and rich characters. 53 year old factory rat here and i might be getting a bit teary eyed.

Well done

SeraphNocturneSeraphNocturne6 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Quite possibly one of the most beautiful things I've read, thank you so much for the recommendation! I love the slow build you apply to the romance, the awkward phase of getting to know one another... that fucking heart stopping moment where you're not quite sure if she's into you but you put everything into that chance to lean in for a kiss. The playlist, my god! Probably got every song in my library.

And you made me cry. Shame! Shame I say! The moment the diagnosis came out I was so anxious, I kept wanting to skip ahead to the end to make sure you didn't spring some dreadful heart-wrenching tragedy on me that would have me depressed for the next two weeks... and I didn't, just barely, and I'm glad that I didn't because the moment they settled in to camp and see the comet was magic. Your ending was beautiful. You've got a magnificent talent for story-telling that just brings out all those good, goosebump feelings.

On a personal note... as a girl who's spent her entire life looking up at the dark sky, feeling like an alien in a strange place, this hit me with sooo much nostalgia for star-gazing. Mapping out the constellations and the visible planets, imprinting the moon phases to memory, looking forward to the annual meteor showers. The Geminids are active right now and I've been on the fence about leaving the city to observe, but Joey and Autumn pretty much convinced me that it'll be worth so it.

Ben_Jack5120Ben_Jack51205 months ago

Why would you make me cry!!?? :)

But I am so glad to read this, you are really good!!

Thank you

LiberalMindsLiberalMinds5 months ago

Oh… it’s so, so beatiful and romantic. Loved it, Jackie!

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai6434 months ago

Lovely!

So well written! So well told!

Beautiful!

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

On my God that was the sweetest story.

proseinagardenproseinagarden3 months ago

I cried like a baby when they were howling alongside the coyote simply because of what COULD happen. This story was beautiful and there are a million sweet expressions I could quote, so I’ll just say you are a deeply insightful writer that pulls you in so wonderfully. Bravo!

galadriel_fangaladriel_fan2 months ago

Let me start by saying I love your playlist. And then move on to I was invested in the characters by the time you revealed Autumn’s medical situation, so I was apprehensive and/or resigned to see it through. And it was, of course, worth it. Plus I think it’s safe to say amputation is a topic not frequently associated with Valentines’ Day tales, so respect for pulling that off. Thank you for sharing this beautifully written story with us.

THBGatoTHBGato2 months ago

Such an inspirational story, in so many ways. It was a delicate line to tread: using illness in this way could have felt exploitative, but it was executed so elegantly that it never was. Wonderful writing, as ever.

SilverFoxMulletSilverFoxMulletabout 2 months ago

That was a wonderful story, full of fear and hope and humanity. Thank you.

technofrog2002technofrog2002about 2 months ago

That’s such a sweet story. So well written and very heartfelt. 5🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJackie.Hikaru@Jackie.Hikaru
04/23/2024 News: Milk Physics, another foray into Roz's kinky adventures is out now! As you might've guessed, there's a lot of milk and physics in this story :P. Please let me know what you think of these stories. I'm pretty scatterbrained and my interests are very fickle, a...